PDA

View Full Version : Leopard 10.5.2 Install Problems

ozzman
02-18-2008, 07:43 PM
First of all, I would like to thanks Zephyroth for the great, great work! Thank you!
Last Night I've installed the new Leopard ISO from Zephyroth and I had some problems.
Now, I'll tell how did I install it, the procedures and my pc config.

My PC:
- ABIT KN9-SLI
- PROCESSOR: ATHLON X2 4600+
- MEMORY: 2gb DDR2 667
- HD: SEAGATE SATA2 350gb
- CHIPSET: NFORCE 570 SLI
- AUDIO: REALTEK HD (ALC883)
- LAN: NFORCE INTEGRATED
- VGA: GeFORCE 8600GT
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installation:
- Insert Leopard DVD.
- Make the partition things (HFS etc...)
- CUSTOMIZE installation:
-> SS3 option
-> Kernel 9.2.0
-> Just ONE Additional Language
-> ALL ALC883 Audio Selected
-> Nvidia Drivers
-> SATA Drivers
-> EFI v8 MBR
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The installation process was fine! No problems at all! (and really fast-20min)
The install finish and I reboot my pc.
The WELCOME(video) screen appears(with NO SOUND) and show me the first "macos" screen.
I selected my keybord layout and language.
After that, the "......OWN A MAC(something like that)" appers and ask me to select a backup or if I have a time machine backup etc. I've selected "Do not ask me..later...(something...)". It took a long time in that screen and than, went back to the WELCOME(video) screen.
So, that's what happen, I try again and again, but nothing....
Could anyone help me ? Or, someone knows that problem? It was something that I've selected over the "CUSTOMIZE" install ?
Other thing, my KEYBOARD was NOT DETECTED, even on the "INSTALL" screen. Its a PS2 keybord. Other thing, will my Internet work with this chipset ?

Again, thank you Zephyroth for the great release and the comunity to help everyone to download this iso.

zephyroth
02-18-2008, 07:49 PM
You must disable "usb legacy" in bios to make your PS keyboard/mouse to work.

ozzman
02-18-2008, 07:54 PM
OK! I'll do that later...thank you!

And the other problem ? I cant star on the system...=[

gaz919
02-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Issue: Upon install, the process hangs in an infinite (?) loop circling between chosing language and creating / transferring an user acount ("Do you already own a mac?").
According to the forum, the problem seems to be connected to problems concerning the network card.

Solution 1: Importing an account from an existing (Tiger) installation.

Solution 2: Booting with the flag "Graphics Mode"="640x480x32". The resulting low screen-resolution prevents the setup screen, thus skipping the "loop". As one is not able to create a new username, only the default "admin" is created. This can be changed later on.

Solution 3: Some people reported success with disabling the network card in the bios or disconnecting the cable.

Solution 4: Boot using "-s" flag then type ->

/sbin/mount -uw /

passwd root <- Type any password you want

touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

reboot

bajanboy
02-18-2008, 08:06 PM
Hi Folks,

I have just installed leopard 10.5.2 AMD which went smoothly except that when rebooting for the first time I get a blanl back screen with a blinking cursor. I have try to install with different combinations ie. GUID, MBR, kernel 9.1 etc..

Question, (1) Do i need to have tiger inslalled for this release to boot?
(2) Do I need to set MAC OS partition active? and how do I do this?

Here is my system specs:

My System:
MB: Asus M2N32-SLI Delux with nForce 590 chip set
Memory: 4gig DDR2
Video Card: NVIDIA gForce 7300GS
Hard drives: WD 250SATA, WD 320 SATA
Maxtor 160 IDE
CPU: AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core 4200+

Oh, by the way...I want to congratulate Zephyroth on this tiredless work in getting this release out here...keep it up dude !!

ozzman
02-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Hey gaz! Thank you for the answer!
I'll try those methods later (because im working now =[). Do you think my internet will work ? Which lan driver do you suggest to select over the installation ? I have the nforce 570 integrated lan...
Uhhhh, other thing... how I boot using "-s" ??
Thank you very much!

gaz919
02-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Issue: After passing various installation obstacles, the bootload hangs at a blinking cursor "_" .

Solution:
Boot with the DVD and use -s at boot load.

sudo -s
fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX --->(X is the number of your HD, if you have only on its 0)
update
f X --->(X is the number of the partition where you installed Leopard)
w
q
reboot

Mentioned with Kalway release: the bootloader does not like seperate disk names. Use a single word as name.

gaz919
02-18-2008, 08:28 PM
On 10.5.1 I used a wireless usb stick, Ive read that this installation has those drivers inbuilt.

But If the nvlan works is better on my pc than the other.( The NV Lan would crash the pc when trying to download on 10.5.1)

otherwise Ill just use wireless again I allready have some drivers if needed.

gaz919
02-18-2008, 08:33 PM
how I boot using "-s" ??

at the boot loader press F8 then type -s enter

if the bootloader won't load, use the bootloader by start from disk then use -s

and fix the bootloader

with fdisk -e....

see http://osx86.wikidot.com/known-issues

for how to fix the bootloader

ozzman
02-18-2008, 08:43 PM
Thank you very much gaz!
I'll post my results later!
Oh, and, about the sound, that WELCOME screen, have sound ? because I have a ALC883 (which was supposed to work), but i didn't hear any sound...=[
About the LAN, i'm worried that it won't work....cause i dont know exactly which driver to select over the install.
Thanks again!

bajanboy
02-18-2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the response on setting the boot partition active, but now I am getting this error:
System config file /Library/Preference/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.boot.plist not found.

Any ideas ???

shaq t
02-18-2008, 08:58 PM
ozzman:Thank you very much gaz!
I'll post my results later!
Oh, and, about the sound, that WELCOME screen, have sound ? because I have a ALC883 (which was supposed to work), but i didn't hear any sound...=[
About the LAN, i'm worried that it won't work....cause i dont know exactly which driver to select over the install.
Thanks again!

hey man,

follow this link for ALC883 http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=36520&st=0&p=259784&#entry259784

ozzman
02-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Thank you shaq!
But I think this .pkg is already "builded" over the zephyroth .iso. Thats why i've selected it...I dont know..

gaz919
02-18-2008, 09:07 PM
try

First you could try to see if the files there on the volume, If its not you could copy it from the DVD after booting from disk

Good Luck

ozzman
02-18-2008, 09:33 PM
ok gaz!
I type this on the terminal ?
thx!

DimaT
02-18-2008, 11:49 PM
I tried to install it (MB ASUS Amberine, AMD 3700+, 1G memory, int video ATI 200, HDD WD 80G)) Yesterday it partitioned hard drive and started installation. This morning it say "Installing, remaining time - 54 hours" now it promises 51 hours. Seems like it is doing something (HDD is active, some times it read DVD). Nevertheless someone wrote it took 20 min. to install. Therefore could someone tell me WHY the installation process takes 3 days. Thanks.

gaz919
02-19-2008, 01:27 AM
my 10.5.1 was 20 mins + dvd boot time then about 10 mins to run scrips then full boot

Im presume this will stay the same or be less.

You may have some sort of hardware incompadability issue.

Maybe check you bios settings, then try again

Good luck

eldemente
02-19-2008, 01:36 AM
i have the same mother board and video card.. i have the same problem black screen the cursor and nothing happen ... now i am writing this from leopard ... what i did was ..

boot in single user mode (-s)

type /sbin/mount -uw /

passwd root

i put the pass i want

reboot

when leopard reboot the username is root and the pass is the pass you type later ...

and all working fine and very fast ... the audio work with azalia ... no network but i install realtek drivers from the realtek page sometimes works fine sometimes i have to reboot because the wireless never conect..

bajanboy:Hi Folks,

I have just installed leopard 10.5.2 AMD which went smoothly except that when rebooting for the first time I get a blanl back screen with a blinking cursor. I have try to install with different combinations ie. GUID, MBR, kernel 9.1 etc..

Question, (1) Do i need to have tiger inslalled for this release to boot?
(2) Do I need to set MAC OS partition active? and how do I do this?

Here is my system specs:

My System:
MB: Asus M2N32-SLI Delux with nForce 590 chip set
Memory: 4gig DDR2
Video Card: NVIDIA gForce 7300GS
Hard drives: WD 250SATA, WD 320 SATA
Maxtor 160 IDE
CPU: AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core 4200+

Oh, by the way...I want to congratulate Zephyroth on this tiredless work in getting this release out here...keep it up dude !!

costa rica 80
02-19-2008, 02:41 AM
hello again.
sorry to bother again, but I still having problems.
I cant not make my pc to recognised my partition,please somebody help me.
My specs are: hp pavilion dv6607nr

Product Number GY131UA#ABA
Microprocessor 1.7 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 TK53 Mobile Technology
Microprocessor Cache 512KB L2 Cache
Memory 1024 (2 x 512 MB)
Memory Max Up to 4 GB
Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 7150M
Video Memory Up to 287 MB
Hard Drive 160 GB (5400)
Multimedia Drive Super Multi 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support
Display 15.4” WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800)
Fax/Modem High speed 56K modem
Network Card Ethernet 10/100BT integrated network interface
Wireless Connectivity 802.11b/g WLAN
Sound Altec Lansing speakers

3D Sound Blaster Pro compatible sound 16 bit integrated
Keyboard 101-key compatible & 2 Quick Launch Buttons
Pointing Device Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical Scroll Up/Down pad, volume control, mute buttons, 2 Quick Launch Buttons
PC Card Slots One ExpressCard/54 slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)

External Ports 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards
3 USB 2.0
1 VGA port
1 RJ11 modem connector
1 RJ45 ethernet connector
S-video TV out
2 headphones-out
1 mic-in
1 notebook expansion port 3
1 IEEE 1394
1 Consumer IR

I already use diskpart and create partition primary id=af,but still not work.
I have leopard 10.5.2 amd.
do I need to patch something or change something in my HDD.

PS:please if somebody have the same computer the I have and have working leopard let me know who you did it.
thank you
sorry for my english

nderiv
02-19-2008, 03:12 PM
eldemente:i have the same mother board and video card.. i have the same problem black screen the cursor and nothing happen ... now i am writing this from leopard ... what i did was ..

boot in single user mode (-s)

type /sbin/mount -uw /

passwd root

i put the pass i want

reboot

when leopard reboot the username is root and the pass is the pass you type later ...

and all working fine and very fast ... the audio work with azalia ... no network but i install realtek drivers from the realtek page sometimes works fine sometimes i have to reboot because the wireless never conect..
I have the same looping black screen & cursor problem. I went into -s mode but when I tried doing the passwd command it said command not found.

The same thing happened to me with the previous release. Am I doing something wrong?

Protocol82
02-19-2008, 04:41 PM
I just got Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 AMD-EFI.iso off usenet and burnt it ready. But each time I boot from the cd I get the grey apple logo, some HD activity then I get the attached.
Its most puzzling/annoying. This is my first ever leap into anything mac and Im already stuck on the first hurdle. Any thoughts?
My spec:
AMD 6000+
Ati 1900XTX
2 gig ram

ozzman
02-19-2008, 06:36 PM
Hey guys!
I've tested all the information that zephyroth, gaz and others pass to me.
Well, I couldn't do anything because my KEYBOARD dont work! =[
I tried do "DISABLE USB LEGACY" in BIOS, but my motherboard dont have this option. But, I search for all releated USB things, and disable...but dont work.
So, this broke every single chance to type something to start mac os etc...
I read the LEAPARD ISSUES that gaz pass to me, there is a "PS2 Mouse and Keyboard Issues". But that dont work for me, cause, again, I cant type anything in terminal, or write something when I boot using "-s" option etc...
Anyone have a solution to get my keyboard working ? without that, I can't test anything else =[
Thank you very much for the support!

dado2i
02-19-2008, 07:06 PM
very strange!
I had the 10.5.1 installed perfectly (only the wi-fi Atherios 5005 wasn't working) and decided to try the 10.5.2 .
I can't get it working.I tried many times; The first time i try to install, the system freezes at 1 minute left. Then i reboot and the installer doesn't allow me to uncheck the first voice on the menu (essential system files), so the Installer starts from the beginning. (in 10.5.1 the installation was different.. it started exactly where it stopped)
Then, I reboot with -v and I get kernel panic..
A question: in the installation option is it necessary to check the toh kernel SSE3? what would you suggest?
Thanks Zephyroth for your patient and good work!

My system is : Acer Aspire 5101 AWLMI (AMD Turion64@2GHz CPU , 1GB RAM, 100GB HD, ATI Radeon Xpress 1100M card –working as Ati 200x @1280x800, Atheros 5005 WiFi card –not working -LAN : Realtek RTL8139 - working )

ozzman
02-19-2008, 07:24 PM
if your processor support (in this case, yes), so yes! select SS3 instruction.

ozzman
02-19-2008, 07:25 PM
but I really would like to know about the keyboard...damn one :P

dado2i
02-19-2008, 09:13 PM
ozzman,
what pc do you have? for the 10.5.1 i had the same problem and used the ApplePS2Controller.kext posted here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=85960 . There is a good procedure on the post,
for installation method you can also follow this one http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=85573&st=0 (very good)
I think that you only need to copy ApplePS2Controller.kext in the /System/Lybrary/Extension/ directory after installation.
Let me know.
let me know. I have Kernel panic and a yellow line saying "Failed to load extension com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI."
Any help?

dado2i
02-19-2008, 09:18 PM
I don't know however if you have already tried those solutions yet.
however you can see also here:
http://osx86.wikidot.com/known-issues#toc1