PDA

View Full Version : EVGA nVIDIA GeForce 8400GS 256 MB=FAIL (I though this was supposed to support QE to!)

FruitRocks
06-28-2009, 03:43 AM
Well I just installed kalyway 10.5.2 on my system. I then went and installed the NVKush to install my videocard (GeForce 8400GS, 256 megabytes of DDR2 RAM), which resulted in an epic fail. The mouse was just fine before the installation. After the install, the mouse pointer would seem to "work," then it would freeze and would repeat the process. I tried many different refresh rates/resolutions that the card supported. In "more info," it said the GPU was online and it supported QE. Could somebody please help me here? I've tried searching for days and i've haven't found anything. I've also posted stuff in insanelymac forums but no no help there. :'(
many thanks to the person who can get this working for me:D
Also, when I install Kalyway, it totally fries the vista install. every time i go into the setup for vista and install it on my second hdd, it says, "Windows couldn't find a place to put the installation file blah blah blah... It only works when I delete the HDD with Kalyway installed on it ;(
Could somebody help me out with that to? (see specs for more info)

System Specs:

Compaq Presario SR2050NX
evga nvidia geforce 8400 gs 256 megabytes
2GB DDR2
Intel Pentium D (not sure if dual core...)
232GB SATA WD HDD: Kalyway 10.5.2
150GB SATA OEM HDD (Kalyway doesn't detect it anymore, and it wont let me install vista. it also says that there is a vista install there. WTF?!!)

also, will i be able to use retail mac os x dvd on my computer? so sorry for all these questions ^_^

ozzzzysh
06-28-2009, 05:18 PM
Hi Fruitrocks... I'm currently in the process of getting my 9800 GT to work and i'm having similar problems.. Have you tried installing this (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=132089) 9xxx driver kext?.. I've heard it works.. and its gotten my QE/CI enabled.. but with mouse lag.. :-\... Using that kext in conjunction with efi strings or an injector SHOULD get it working.. Try using NVinject.. I've heard some better stories with that then NVkush.. Does System Profiler know exactly what card you are using?.. sorry if i dont make sense.. i stayed up ALL night tryin to get this to work... ugh.. lol