PDA

View Full Version : Compaq 702 OS X Compatibility

Oliver Barker
07-05-2009, 11:00 AM
I have ordered a Compaq 702 Netbook off Amazon and when it arrives I want to put OS X on it so I am able to easily connect it to my MacBook. It will have the following specs but I'm afraid I don't know how to work out what type of motherboard it has. And I'll do the job where I download iDeneb and restore an external drive to it and install via USB since it doesn't have a CD drive!

Operating system: Genuine Windows XP Home Service Pack 3 (32-bit)
Processor: Intel Atom processor N270, 1.60 GHz, Level 2 cache 512 KB
Memory: 1024 MB (1 x 1024 MB)
Supports up to 1GB DDR2 memory
Storage: 60GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 4200 rpm (up to 9GB partition for system recovery), 2-in-1 card reader for SD/MMC support
Communication: Ethernet 10/100BT integrated network interface, 802.11b/g WLAN, Bluetooth wireless networking
Display: Webcam with integrated microphone, 10.2-inch WSVGA High Definition HP LED BrightView display
Resolution: 1024 x 600
Video: Intel GMA950, up to 128 MB total available graphics memory
Sound: 3D Sound Blaster Pro compatible sound
16 bit integrated Altec Lansing speakers
Keyboard: 92% full size keyboard, Touch Pad with vertical scroll up/down pad, left and right clicks
Ports: 2 USB 2.0, 1 RJ45 ethernet connector, headphones-out + mic-in combo jack, expansion port
Power: 30 W AC power adapter, 3-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery

Is it likely it'll work with it? What Osx86 version do you recommend I download, iDeneb, iAktos, Kakyway etc. I do want the latest version of 10.5.7 because it increases battery life compared to the older versions.