PDA

View Full Version : NOOB ALERT! Need help installing iPC 10.5.6 OSX86 on Acer Aspire One 150!

kojam
07-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Hi all,

I bought the AAO 150 that came with Win XP Home, 160Gig, 1.0Gig RAM, card reader ...
I have iPC OSX86 10.5.6 but have not been able to get it working properly.
Can someone/anyone please tell me ALL OF THE CORRECT OPTIONS TO PICK when installing?!
I can't seem find anyone on the Net who explains the EXACT options to select for this version of osx86 and this exact netbook. :mad::'(:(
Sorry for the ignorance, however, I'm a complete utter noob when it comes to this.
Thanks in advance.

kojam
07-07-2009, 05:42 AM
:(

70 looks and no reply?
Patience is a virtue grasshopper.

ArCTiC
07-07-2009, 06:35 AM
I think you should list all your specs, otherwise nobody will be able to tell you what drivers to pick

kojam
07-07-2009, 02:25 PM
I think you should list all your specs, otherwise nobody will be able to tell you what drivers to pick

Specs.
Right.

This notebook includes an integrated audio card with Microsoft DirectSound compatibility, and it includes two stereo speakers.

Intel Atom Processor N270; (1.60GHz, 533MHz FSB, 512KB L2 cache)
Windows XP Home with Service Pack 3
8.9-inch WSVGA Acer CrystalBrite TFT LCD (1024 x 600)
Mobile Intel 945GSE Express Chipset
1024MB DDR2 533 MHz SDRAM Single Channel Memory
Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
160GB SATA 5400RPM Hard Drive
Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader
Acer InviLink 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED
Acer Crystal Eye Webcam
Two Built-in Stereo Speaker
3 - USB 2.0 Ports Wireless
3-cell Battery

Processor
The Intel Atom processor uses a brand new design structure that packs in 47 million transistors into a single chip sized at just 22mm (0.87 inches), and it uses just 2.5 watts of power--less than 1/10 of the 35 watts used by an Intel Core 2 Duo processor--for excellent battery management. This 1.6 GHz Atom N270 processor also includes a power-optimized front side bus of 533 MHz for faster data transfer on demanding mobile applications and a 512 KB L2 cache (which temporarily stores data).

Storage
This version of the Aspire One comes with a 160 GB hard disk drive (5400 RPM), This Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive.

Memory
The 1 GB of installed RAM (512 MB onboard memory and one 512 MB DIMM, 533 MHz) can be expanded to a maximum of 1.5 GB of RAM,

Connectivity
This Acer Aspire One notebook has an integrated 54g wireless LAN (Acer InviLink) that's compatible with 802.11b and 802.11g networks and offers Acer's SignalUp technology for enhanced antenna efficiency. This notebook provides the following connections:

3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players
Secure Digital (SD) card reader, also compatible with MultiMedia cards (MMCs)
Multi-in-one card reader supports SD, MMC, Memory Stick/Memory Stick PRO, and XD Picture Cards
1 VGA monitor port
1 headphone jack and 1 microphone jack
RJ-45 port for 10/100 Fast Ethernet connection

Screen, Video and Audio
The 8.9-inch screen has a WSVGA resolution (1024 x 600) and support for up a 262K color depth. Video is powered by the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950, which uses shared video memory with the main memory. Acer's CrystalBrite display technology guarantees the best possible visual experience by preventing the diffusion of surrounding light and internal ray. Compared to normal TFT LCDs, Acer CrystalBrite technology is able to read color coordinates more accurately, thus minimizing distortion and creating high-fidelity colors in all environments.

Hope this covers it.
But I can't believe that there aren't tons of people here with the same netbook. :(

Thanks!

kroat999
07-07-2009, 02:29 PM
look here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=149173

kojam
07-13-2009, 05:32 AM
look here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=149173

Thanks.
I had seen then some time ago but had a few concerns as some things weren't clear as i read it over.
For instance, in step #17 he crosses out what he wrote. What does this mean? Should I use the COMATRON audio or driver, or not? There are multiple versions of the ACL268 driver.

THEN...
In step #26 he pulls out several kext files out of the air, making no mention where they are located. I've spent the better part of the night looking for them on the Internet. I was able to find 1 or 2 and downloaded them but cannot find the others mentioned in step #26. Am I missing something? I read that guide over and over and over and over again.

It suxxx being a Noob!

norcimo
07-15-2009, 04:38 AM
Everything works except for:

1. No wireless.. (replace the internal card with an original Airport extreme) look in Ebay.. they are cheap.
2. No sleep mode
3. Random crashes at shutdown.
4. 10.5.7 upgrade does not work....i dont know why...I installed Ideneb 1.4, but did not do the upgrade to 10.5.7, it killed it.

other than that.... it ROCKS!

PS upgrade the memory to 1.5 RAM if you can.

Good luck

kojam
07-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Everything works except for:

1. No wireless.. (replace the internal card with an original Airport extreme) look in Ebay.. they are cheap.
2. No sleep mode
3. Random crashes at shutdown.
4. 10.5.7 upgrade does not work....i dont know why...I installed Ideneb 1.4, but did not do the upgrade to 10.5.7, it killed it.

other than that.... it ROCKS!

PS upgrade the memory to 1.5 RAM if you can.

Good luck

Thanks.
But what about those things mentioned in step #26 (kext files)? where do i find them?
can i have a fully functioning system without them?