PDA

View Full Version : Having two simple problems with new release, please help, thanks.

WinLinMac01
02-18-2008, 09:59 PM
Hi everyone, installation for Zephyroth's new release went fine, and I was able to boot into the operating system with the DVD left in. However, upon taking the DVD out, I restarted and I was unable to boot back into the operating system. I tried setting up installation with MBR the first attempt and GUID the second (with it's own designated bootloader for each install attempt). However, neither of them were able to boot. Instead, I was left with Boot from CD screen.
I tried making the partition bootable by following the directions I used for my previous installation (10.5.1), but that did not work. Instead, for GUID, after the Boot from CD screen came up, it felt as it was going to finally boot, however, it went into a blank screen and the system restarted.
Another problem I am having is the fact that when I go into About this Mac, I can't see my processor info as others have said it will. I had to change that information manually. Please let me know what I should do. As always, I thank you very much for your support.

WinLinMac01
02-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Please disregard the way I titled this discussion using the word "simple." These problems for "me, personally" are not simply. :D

Some users have stated that the partition label should be one word to make the bootloader work. Is this true?

Also, I noticed that while the installation files are loading in the first, I can hear my hard drive going into sleep mode and waking up again. Is this even normal? I didn't experience this with my previous installation in 10.5.1.

zephyroth
02-18-2008, 10:21 PM
Yes the label MUST be in one word.

WinLinMac01
02-18-2008, 10:52 PM
Hi Zephyroth, I labelled the volume in one word in the new installation with GUID. The same problem occured however instead of blinking cursor it shows h0 error. Also, when told the system to shutdown in the O/S, the screen shows hold tyhe power button for several seconds or press the reset button. Is this normal? Or can this be another problem?

Please let me know, thank you. I appreciate your support.

PS: About this Mac, is the processor info suppose to accurately show with AMD, etc? I had to manually change the info.

zephyroth:Yes the label MUST be in one word.

WinLinMac01
02-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Zephyroth, I fixed the boot problem. Used one word but with MBR. Thanks :)

What should I do "about this Mac" proocessor info problem. Please let me know thanks.

Puttabong
02-18-2008, 11:27 PM
http://osx.kbot.de/comments.php?DiscussionID=16&page=1

rumar4u
02-18-2008, 11:29 PM
WinLinMac01:Zephyroth, I fixed the boot problem. Used one word but with MBR. Thanks :)

What should I do "about this Mac" proocessor info problem. Please let me know thanks.
You can also ask Megaargon, he sure will definitely wants to talk to you and try to help you out... LOL :-D

Puttabong
02-18-2008, 11:30 PM
WinLinMac, as addition to the link: the search function of this forum software really isn't that bad, mate ;)

WinLinMac01
02-18-2008, 11:51 PM
I had a feeling that the information would automatically show the righy CPU info as Zephyroth has initially stated:

"CommentAuthorzephyroth CommentTimeJan 10th 2008 edited quote
I've almost finished a script which can do that.

So it will be applied during the installation of Rev.2. "

@rumar4u- Haven't seen megaargon online for some time. I wonder if he is still part of the forum discussion. He must have taken the Linux route. LOL

zephyroth
02-19-2008, 12:31 AM
Yes WinLinMac I THOUGHT the script finished but it's not. I gave up the idea to create one because it's easy to do manually.

cgsheen
02-19-2008, 01:07 AM
WinLinMac01:... He must have taken the Linux route. LOLWe can only hope...

WinLinMac01
02-19-2008, 07:49 AM
Thats true Zephyroth. I can't stop saying thank you. I am very thankful that you have done such a SUPERB job with this. It is only the matter of people knowing what they are doing. You know who you are, and I can see a successful future ahead of you. =)

@cgsheen, LOL

zephyroth:Yes WinLinMac I THOUGHT the script finished but it's not. I gave up the idea to create one because it's easy to do manually.