PDA

View Full Version : osx86 and Aopen mobo

eclipsemod
07-06-2009, 12:06 AM
hey guys, Im new to these forums and am another noobie when it comes to the whole hackintosh scene. anyways, I just successfully installed iatkos v7 on an old computer I had lying around and it worked without a hitch except like many others, the sound and internet isnt working. Im running a 2.4 ghz pentium 4, 1.5 gigs of ram and an Aopen mx46-800n Mobo. the audio and ethernet port are both intergrated into the mother board. The audio is ac97 i think so it should work as I read that it is compatible with iatkos(not to mention i think i installed the right kext) so Im a little confused about that. Not sure about the Lan tho. anyways, what I wanted to know is is there a way to get this working right? I couldnt find any information about this mobo in the HCL. and if not, would it be possible to buy a seperate lan and sound card to get things up and running? And if so, which ones would you guys recommend? oh and one more question, if I do happen to buy an audio/lan card would I be able to simply install the drivers for them in osx or will i have to do another clean install of iatkos? Thanks for you help guys!

thorazine74
07-07-2009, 08:43 AM
You tried the manufacturer's site? They normally list the hardware specs somehow in detail. Some windows programs like Everest would let you find out detailed info about the hardware. You could also use a Linux live CD to get some PCI info too.
I cant recommend specific cards but USB/Firewire audio cards are usually better supported than PCI ones. Dont know about LAN, try to find one that says Leopard is supported, though it may be more expensive than a plain one...