PDA

View Full Version : Working drivers for realtek alc660 audio codec, do they exist or not?

davidj88
02-18-2008, 10:35 PM
### Discussion Notice: Do not post into the News Section again!

The title quite covers my question. To sum it up a bit:
- I used zephyroths leopard 10.5.1 dvd for amd
- I have an onboard realtek alc660 audio codec
- Mobo is an asus m2v

I tried several things, cant say whether i did it the right way. Mainly because
its quite confusing to find out which kext to use and in how to install them including
the correct commands in the terminal and so on.
So i have a simple question: are there any drivers for my audio that work, and
is there a step-by-step tutorial on how to install them?

I really hope someone can help, thats somewhat the only thing im missing since i
exchanged vista for leopard.

Thanks in advance

roisoft
02-19-2008, 02:59 AM
you can try this file _http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6yk1i3yxm1d

davidj88
02-19-2008, 11:02 PM
thanks, but may i ask what efi's got to do with my sound?
just wondering :)

cgsheen
02-20-2008, 12:06 AM
Lucy, you got some 'splainin errr reading to do...
see what they're doing at netkas.org to see what EFI has to do with audio (and video too!)
There are also LINKS on the Wiki to Forums and Threads of interest
Over at insanelymac.com there's a couple of dude's "insane" about audio: look for "appleHDA" and Taruga's work on the subject. "ALCinject" might be useful...

Don't have an ALC660 myself, but that stuff has helped BIG TIME with my ALC889a, and ALC880...

You've tried the Azalia drivers? Or is the ALC660 an AC97 codec? (there's also an AC97 driver...)

davidj88
02-20-2008, 07:53 AM
i have already tried both the azalia and ac97 drivers, because i wasnt sure myself but i believe its a hdcodec.
anyway, i must say im not too sure whether i installed them the right way, so if you could tell me what to do in which order please?

btw, ive already done an extensive search on insanelymac but most of the guides and drivers only concern the alc8xx codecs.

thanks