PDA

View Full Version : [GUIDE] (w/ photos) - 100% working Acer 6935g iAtkos v7 10.5.7 with nVidia 9600m GT

Pages : [1] 2

Gurruwiwi
07-12-2009, 08:56 PM
This guide is a long read, but very VERY simple. People with little experience, don't be scared to try, just be sure you have backed up all you important data as we need to have a clean HD to start with.

UPDATE 22nd September - Added Snow Leopard tutorial, check my signature

UPDATE 4th September - Snow Leopard almost running perfect (page12)

UPDATE 24TH August - Added dual boot guide Vista / Win 7 at the bottom !

UPDATE 30 June - Added forgotten Ethernet section of tutorial - added kext to attachments

It would be nice to hear success stories. Did my tutorial work for you? even if you have other laptops, if its close to this one it very well might work! So, if you dont hijack the thread, sure thing jump in and I'll do my best to help you out !

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wow !

What an adventure I assure you.

Amazing how this laptop, with it strange, klingon-ish multimedia controller works BETTER, MUCH BETTER with OSx than with Vista/Win7 (32 or 64, tried both, 'tis the end of M$ era!) - temperature are lower, batteries last longer... bios just works better overall... amazing!

My very first, 100% working hackintosh. Actually a really good hackbook pro clone! Had a couple before, but this one excels !

My exact model is Acer 6935g 864G32mn

Native 1366x786 resolution !

3Gb/s sata transfers (not 1,5 bottleneck like new macbooks heheh)

4gb of Ram at 1066mhz

9600m GT 512ram Gddr3 with full QE /CI, ext monitors, vga + hdmi

e-sata ok !

Bluetooth

Sd Card reader

Ethernet

Webcam

IR port is present, but have no remote to test. Tried with a Mac remote, but obviously it wouldnt work (IR codes different) - going to try a universal remote or buy an official acer one....

Sleep kind of quirky (but I dont use it ever, but only hangs after long sleep), but good hibernation!

So let get started... (single boot)

- from USB I loaded up iAtkos v7
- With disk utility choose HD and partion with 1 partition again (essential so as to not only erase drive, but to erase bootloader info from previous try outs. I've been at this non stop for two weeks! did over 15 instals os Leo and Snow Leo.)
- Customize with;

iAtkos essential system
Bootlader - Chameleon 2
x86 Patches - Extra, DSDT, Decrypter (Apple Decrypt), AppleSMBIOS by Netkas, ACPI x86 ACPI, Disabler

VGA - NO STRINGS JUST YET! - But please do choose BOTH NVEnabler 0.1 (by fassl) + GT200 EVGA driver
Installing Leo was very easy, this video card sure was another story...

Drivers - system - Sata - AHCI (check in bios that it is set to AHCI and not IDE)

Intel Speedstep - both
Apple PS/2
Laptop Battery
NTFS-3G
Broadcom 43xx - (go on ebay and buy a 10€ model 1390 or 1490 Dell/Broadcom wireless PCI-e for native Airport)

Post install actions.

Install ! :)

Skip verify if you trust (know) your DVD / USB is ok to save time.

At the end, reboot, create your account.

Because there is love in the air, you need not make hex files and hunt down horrible efi strings and edit files hidden far in the depths of your system. Just download my com.apple.boot.plist herein attatched and just replace it in Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration.

If anyone needs an efi string to try for themselves on another laptop, just download it and open with text edit. At the bottom there is a "<key>device-properties</key>" line, right after that, the huge pile of numbers and letters is the string.

This string is for Nvidia 9600m GT with 512 ram and with --> PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

Much more important than ram or exact model, is the PciRoot !! without it, injectors cannot talk to graphic card !

So, if my com.apple.boot.plist does not work for you (people other than acer 6935g) - use gfxutil method to make a in.plist and convert it ti hex (gfxutil again), copy string to your com.apple.boot.plist. Custom Efi String, OSxTools did NOT work for me!

So back to tutorial... once you have copied over the previous one, reboot and say hello to QE/CI and everything else!.

Now for the "fun" part. I have another laptop running ideneb, where I have my 1490 Broadcom wireless. All happy and dandy I went to swap them out, and LOOK ! Its not soldered, but I dare NOT take those screws out! They MUST be superglued or semi-rivetted I dont know! Just got confirmation that they are just quite tight, mine must be super extra tight. The pci-e wifi card is NOT soldered NOR rivetted)

Then I noticed that right next to it there was anther pci-e slot !!! WOW COOL

Dropped in the card, the #%"$& wireless connectors do not reach the terminals! AAAAARG !!!!

But then, when anxiety dropped, the light bulb lit in my brain. There had to be some logic behind it. So yea, just carefully disconnect the wifi, pull the cables back into the chassis, with a tool get them out from their brackets and holders, gentley place it over the HDD. There is but 1 piece of tape holding, so I used it to secure the cables to the HDD aluminum protector.

Connect connectors.

Power up and enjoy native airport.

For ETHERNET -> Install (with OSXtools) AttansicL1eEthernet.kext that is attatched also... It should wake up after 30 seconds without reboot. First time something like that ever happened to me but it did! Otherwise, reboot and it will be there.

Using OSX tools, install the OSSDHCIblockdevice kext - this is for SD card. Reboot. If SD card does not work at first, you need to do the folloing. At the top menu bar (after you insert SD card) an icon appears having 3 or 4 instances of the card. Select "poer off" on all of them. The icon dissapears. Do not remove SD card. Reboot. The card should show up, and start working normally. If not, repeat procedure for same/other SD cards.

Multimedia touchpad controls Front Row !!

What can I say, happy as a bunny.

If you succeed or have any issues, jump in and I'll do my best !

DUAL BOOT GUIDE FOR VISTA / WIN 7
Dual booting, people think its a problem but it is NOT, you only have to understand how play with bootloaders and active partitions.

Install Osx first, install Vista/Win7 second, this will "break" OSx booting, dont worry. Vista has set its partion as active.

If it gives an error at the end, its normal.

Insert Vista DVD and choose repair option, when it looks for OS, dont let it automatically fix, go to the next menu and choose the command prompt.

In command prompt type

"diskpart" - without the "" of course, just to let you know the sequence. Press enter

"list disk" - this shows all disks present.

"select disk X" - where X is the numer 0, 1, 2 whatever. See the number of your Leo/vista install.

"list partition" same procedure as before. See number of your Leo install

"select partition X" - where X = Leo partition

"active" - press enter

"quit" - just to be nice and tidy. Not really necessary

Reboot

Now you'll have Chameleon showing both partition on boot.

If by any chance when you reboot you get an error, insert iAtkos DVD and ONLY select Chameleon 2 and Post Action. This of course to the destination of your Leo and NOT Vista/Win7 partition

Reboot and you should be able to go into Microcrap Vomit, or Winsh*t 7.

http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk407/Siraudio/Picture2-1.png

http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk407/Siraudio/P1010531.jpg

http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk407/Siraudio/P1010536.jpg
http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk407/Siraudio/P1010540.jpg

SoundForSoul
07-18-2009, 05:12 AM
I did everything that you said, and IT WORKS like a charm!. Installed it on the same 6935g model, had another partition with xp, and now it dual boots falwlessly, just that i have to change it form bios into ide mode whenever i want to enter windows, and ahci mode whenever i wanted to enter leopard. Many thanks for this tutorial !!
Now i just have to add the strings for the graphic card.

mcdond
07-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Is there any reason to install iAtkos from a usb drive rather then a dvd disk ?

Im installing it now so fingers crossed x

mcdond
07-18-2009, 04:18 PM
I am completley new to all this :(

Ive tried Ideneb and also iATKOS but no matter what after I get past the first install stage my laptop restarts and just stays on the Grey Apple logo forever :(

Ive tried with ACPI and IDE mode and i get the same response.

Any ideas ?

Gurruwiwi
07-18-2009, 07:27 PM
Hey !!

Yes - USB is much better because it is way faster than DVD, so if something goes wrong, you waste half the time re-installing etc... Also, for more advanced users, you can patch Chameleon/ Retail with custom stuff without having to burn a new DVD.

For instance... I installed iAtkos v7, then Snow Leopard, but then I changed my mind and re-installed iAtkos. With the same USB I did this al this in under two hours.

Mcdond ;

- When you insert DVD/USB, did you format your OSX destination drive with GUID partition table and HFS+ Journaled format ?

- Did you reach the Install section, or does it stay forever AFTER install ? If this is the case, did you get the forbidden sign, or does it just hang with the apple log and the circle going round and round ?

- Sound for Soul ... you can try and copy the boot.ini file from you leopard install into the root of the XP install. This file is hidden, so you have to do the following (very quick terminal trick)

http://www.brooksandrus.com/blog/2007/03/23/mac-os-x-show-hide-hidden-files-in-finder/

flag it "FALSE" when you are done, if you want....

Chameleoon 2 should be able to boot MBR (partition scheme for general XP installs), you shouldnt have to change in BIOS. Either that, or, I think, use a XP that has SATA drivers! The newer XP's have this, older one's dont. From your symptom, I suspect it is XP that cannot read SATA, and you really shouldnt have to go in BIOS to dual boot.

But try copying the boot file. If Chameleon reads it, I am almost certain it will boot.

AAAHH !! Also Sound for Soul, ... if you copy my com.apple.boot.plist, the string is already inside!! you dont have to do it, just copy it !

The file is ONLY a custom com.apple.boot.plist with my (6935g specific) nvidia string, nothing else. Either it wakes up your card, or does nothing at all. No risks, so you dont even have to back up you origial file. At best, edit the file, remove the string, and you revert back to a custom install non-efi-stringed file.

Hope this helps!!

Gurruwiwi
07-18-2009, 07:34 PM

Ive tried Ideneb and also iATKOS but no matter what after I get past the first install stage my laptop restarts and just stays on the Grey Apple logo forever :(

Any ideas ?

Sorry, didnt read correctly...

Did you

1 - format the drive GUID + hfs journalled ?
2 - did you customize the install right before clicking "install" with the setting above?

if you did, when Chameleon displays the countown bar before botting, press any key, the countdown bar with dissapear.

write " -v " .... it will appear in the lower left corner. Press enter. This is called "booting in verbose mode" - Where you see line by line each kext and code booting the system.

Take a picture of the error screen / KP (kernel panic) and post. Also try booting with

-v -f

Sometimes the system can kernel panic once or twice but boot only the third and be very stable! the "f" flag ignores the extension.mkext (a cache version of all you kexts) and rebuilds the file, so it could cure some issues.

You must have chosen some wrong or extra custom setting, if you have the same model as me. Post you exact model ! sometime, just 1 piece of hardware that is different is sufficient to prevent the system from booting.

There are many Acer 6936g with nvidia 9600m GT 1GB with DDR2.... if this is the case
my com.apple.boot.plist will likely not work for you!

but then again, it very well could if PCI roots info is the same... so do post you most complete specs

Xiloa
07-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Hi, I've used your guide with a few mods on my 6930g and it's working great! Thanks a lot. Right now I don't have internet as the 5100 doesn't have support. I just have two quick questions for you.

1. Did you get your mic to work? I have audio and webcam support right now, it shows up that I have a mic but doesn't detect when I talk... I'm using VoodooHDA

2. I was able to take a broadcom wireless card from an old laptop that I know works in Leopard. Trouble is I don't know how to put it into this one. Its a small square with a wire attached to it that plugs into the motherboard. I was hoping to put this in my laptop and get wireless working.

Thanks! :)

Gurruwiwi
07-18-2009, 08:44 PM
Hi Xiloa!

I must confess that the tittle says 100% but in reality it should read 96%... ( it WILL be 100% soon, that is my mission !!! )

I am currently working on the same sound issue. It is a must for me, as I work alot with audio and it sure is handy to have the internal mic working. (plus skype and stuff)

I dont think the external mic in os working either. But I am getting down into this issue, have to test some edits and I will post. Any info is very welcome!

I also experience some click and pops ons some video encodings. Changing system frequency to 48k work some times, but the soundcard does not show up in system profile.

I am sure I have to string it to... that is my next project, but unfortunately not for this weekend. Installed Protools 8 (with mbox 2) and it rocks. So does Reason 4. Its just some video's with stranger encodings that act up.

Also, since yesterday, with no apparant change in system, when shutting down, right before power off, the speaker make a mild "pop" sound.

I will report soon on this.

Also, I am going to try re-installing again without choosing the broadcom driver. Vanilla kernel has airport, and although wifi is 100% working, it shows up as "third party vendor".

Are you sure your broadcom card is in pci-e format? It is as simple as changing Ram, except here you dont even have to remove the older one, there is an extra slot. Check my pictures. It is just slide in, screw it in tight, connect cables and that is it.

It should be 100% native, so I am guessing I shouldnt have tried that driver. No big issue. All apps and programs read correct info, but I really want the closet thing to the real deal.

Xiloa
07-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Hmm well the card appears to not be PCIe. Ah well..I do have a TrendNet TEW-424UB wireless stick based on the 8187b. It works great but it always overheats after about an hour and causes Leopard to crash instead of simply disconnecting. Thanks for the info on the mic. I might have to wait for a 5100 driver :-/

Gurruwiwi
07-19-2009, 01:54 AM
Not likely to happen I'm afraid.

Really, can't go wrong with 1390 or 1490 Dell/Broadcom from ebay. They run about 5-25€

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dell-Wireless-1490-Dual-band-WLAN-Mini-PCI-E-Card_W0QQitemZ220445680575QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item33539623bf&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1315|293%3A1| 294%3A50 (http://cgi.ebay.es/Dell-Wireless-1490-Dual-band-WLAN-Mini-PCI-E-Card_W0QQitemZ220445680575QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item33539623bf&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1315%7C 293%3A1%7C294%3A50)

Xiloa
07-19-2009, 02:07 AM
That's too bad. I was really hoping for that as some people are working on it. I'll use this usb for now but I wish I could find an exposed plug on my motherboard for that other broadcom adapter.

Gurruwiwi
07-19-2009, 02:13 AM
Try unscrewing the adaptor. It is easier than HDD or Ram swapping.

This is the very first laptop I've ever seen that doesnt let you remove the wifi card. I've swapped many already, and the fact my model has two pci-e slots for wifi suggests that they really intended on leaving the intel one fixed to the board.

It will surely pop out easy. Then download drivers for Windows if you dual boot.

Xiloa
07-19-2009, 02:16 AM
Okay I will try that but it also looks like the power wires go underneath the other side of the laptop which is inaccessible?

Xiloa
07-19-2009, 03:29 AM
Turns out the card wasn't PCIE. I don't have the money to spend on this right now so I'm a bit out of luck as my usb will only last for <1hr and internal doesnt work.

mcdond
07-19-2009, 05:22 PM
Ok this is my expierne lol Also this is my laptop Model : 6935G - 643G32Bn

I have the latest copy of IAtkos v7 and IDenev 10.5.6. I am running a Acer Aspire 6935 ( 2GHz Dual Core Intel / 3GB DDR3 / 9600 GM 512MB / 300GB WD HD / ABGN WLAN )

Everytime i install Either of the two I cannot get past the first install stage ( after it asks you to restart )

I just get either 1 of 3 things. 1. An Apple symbol that stays forever, 2 Apple symbol and after 5 minutes a Grey Cross box Will appear at the top of the apple. 3. my screen will go from the apple symbol to black and no activity will happen!

Now i HAVE been able to get past this stage TWICE with iAtkos by just installing Kernal and base files ONLY ! and 1 keyboard driver.

I have tried to replicate what I done but it seems no matter what options or drivers I pick I have no luck and cannot get past the first install stage!

This is what I do so bare with me again lol.

I load up IAtkos / Disk Utility / Split my hard drive into 2 partitions ( 20 GB OSX and 280 GB Untitled ) Both Mac Extended ( Journaled ) and GUID Partitions )

Then I run first aid on both partitions which passes. Then I continue to the Install

On customize I select the following ( Iatkos v7 man system , Bootloader ( Cham2 ) no x86 , Keyboard Driver Only and Post-Install Actions )

I have tried lots of variations including the tortorial provided by others who ahve the same laptop as me! No matter what options I select on IAtkos or Idenb it wont get past the last install stage

I have tried with ACHI + IDE mode same effect. I even tried my original config that allowed me get past the install stage but that doesnt wotrk anymore!

PLEASE Help!

Gurruwiwi
07-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Mcdond,

You must be overlooking something. If we have the same laptop, heck, even with ANY core2duo this tutorial should work (except gfx, sound etc) but it should be able to boot.

Bios to AHCI

First of all, you must chose 1 decrypter, I used apple decrypt, you could try dsmos... and I think the Disabler is also mandatory for system boot.

When installing, never simply overwrite install over a previous version !! never! Erase drive, or better, re-partition it (1 partition or 2 for dual boot)

When DVD/USB boots, go into disk utility and erase/partition, the continue install.

GUID + hfs journalled, we covered that...

Then, continue install, and customize. At the end the green tick appears and it asks to reboot.

Reboot. When Chameleon shows up with the countdown bar, press any key, the countdown will stop.

now write "'-v -f" and press enter. Be sure you read the bottom left corner before pressing enter to be sure it is well written. Without the " " !!

This boots in verbose mode, where you can see the code flying through.

If there is a kernel panic, take a picture and post, its the only way to know where it is hanging. Otherwise, some timeouts take alot of time to go through, be patient.

Osx is quite fidly to install, but once there... it is well worth it !

I am working on the sound issue, and if I get it working dandy, I could make an image install of my system and upload it somewhere. That would be even easier than reading tutorials :p:p:p

Gurruwiwi
07-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Apple Logo looping staying forever
Apple logo with Cross
Apple logo then my screen goes black and i get nothing forever.

1 - suggests the "Still waiting for root device" issue. This is not a kernel panic, but the system is hanging waiting for a device to talk back. This is almost certain when you tried in IDE mode, so the system just stops responding.

2 - suggests KP (kernel panic) where some kext, or combination of kexts, are wrong and blocking the system, Must boot in verbose to know. As in the first.
Even if you chose wrong kexts (drivers) it might not kernel panic. It just depends in general. To me this suggests you might have installed a new version without erasing HDD, so you got conflciting files.

3 - this is video issue (duh! looll :p ) and for sure you tried one of the other Nvidia injectors. This issue is very easy to resolve, just remove NVDAresman.kext which causes the screen black and never return. Some people have edited this kext, geforce.kext NVhal50 etc with the card string and resolution, display codes for nvidia vga+vga, vga+ dvi etc etc.

That is not needed here because I have put the string in the boot.plist in the first post. But you DONT have to do this right now. The system will boot if you dont chose any video card without problems - no resolutions, no QE CI etc, but it will boot nice.

Hope this helps

Gurruwiwi
07-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Sound update.

Some progress, but unfortunately not quite right yet.

Tried some plist editing and some kexts, but without much luck so far.

But I have found that the updated voodoohda.kext works better than iAtkos DVD one.
Sound plays fine, better than before actually, but isnt perfect as mic in is still off.

get it here - http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/

Curiously, this kext woke up the subwoofer in Windows 7 !! oh yeah, got it to dual boot perfect with Chameleon 2, really simple actually, will write about it soon. Made it work, went on youtube to test and BOOM, looool... Its a problem hundreds of people have, win7 32 and 64, vista 32 and 64 and Xp, tried them all, none worked as good as Osx loool.

Stiwy
07-29-2009, 06:24 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your guide, system is working fine, but I have problem only with ethernet connection.

It looks like my system cant find a network card or something like this, or I just don't know how to set network in mac, I try DHCP connection, but it can't find my IP address, but with linux, or windows is working, so I dont know, how can I resolve this problem, because, without internet is difficult to resolving something.

I never work with mac before, but I listened from friends, that is great, better like windows. :)

I will be very thankfull, if somebody can help me.

PS: Sorry about my english, Im from Slovakia

edit: I have the same laptop model like you

Gurruwiwi
07-29-2009, 11:31 PM
UPDATE - Added this part of tutorial to first post
---------------

Hi there!

You are absolutely right thank you! I forgot to include ethernet tutorial. Went on a short holiday and just got back, I'll update the first post to include it later.

In the mean time, just install the kext attatched. You don't even need to reboot, it wakes up after 30 seconds or so, but if it doesnt, just reboot.

Stiwy, try the mac, but be warned that if you do, you might never want to go back :p - its kind of strange to have an operating system that simply... er.. works as it is supposed to, lol...

To this day, I've been way WAY more satisfied with hackintoshes than with pure microsoft systems.

Cheers!

Stiwy
07-31-2009, 12:25 AM
Hi again,

so thanks for ethernet kext, now is everything working fine.

Mac OS X is in one word just EXCELLENT operating system.

So simple, so beautyfull, so stable, so native :-) I hope that I never need use WIN anymore.

Realy thanks for your tutorial :-)

Stiwy

edit: Maybe my last question: Is possible to update this system using automatic updates from apple? or I must turn this of?

Gurruwiwi
08-03-2009, 02:18 PM
It is perfectly safe to do system update on all component, theoretically including not only software update, but operating system update.

Software is always ok because it doesnt mess with your install.

Os is ok because, theoretically, because of chameleon and the Extra folder. Here is where you should put all kexts that get replaced during an update (audio, video, whatevers) - also disabler kext and appledecrypt prevent problems, but I really dont how to explain. That being said, I've had some problems installing kext to the Chameleon Extra folder, some kext loaded, others didn't (dependencies etc) - and I have such a stable system I really dont want to mess with it right now. I'm just riding the waiting waves for Snow Leopard :)

Anyway, from what I have read, Chameleon 2 rc 2 might be the holy grail for retail install method... got to get into it deeper though...

Stiwy - update software no problem. If you are having OS issues with something, and an update fixes it, go ahead. If not, just leave it. This is 10.5.7, the next revision will be out very soon, and then what, in 1 year they release 10.5.9 with some seriously deep - Leopard wont be much better than it is already, just mini-bug hunting from now on...

gtee
08-04-2009, 12:41 PM
hi i've got the 6935g too..

it's working fine for me now. i went out to buy a generic OSX compatible USB wifi for 14 Euros.

now wireless works.

have to read carefully the instructions not to leave out any steps.

chaka123
08-04-2009, 01:18 PM
hey great guide, your solution for gfx made my 9600m gs 512mb fully working after a half year of trying ;)

so now i want to get my ethernet working but your kext for AttansicL1e doens´t work for me.

lspci gave me that:
09:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Attansic Technology Corp. L1 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter [1969:1026] (rev b0)

so dev-id is the same like in your info.plist of your kext

i have an aspire 6930G which is most similar to 6935 i think

gtee
08-05-2009, 09:15 PM

Any ideas ?

if you boot using -v it should be okay...

chrish10
08-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Please can you help ?? I have an Acer 6930g which is similar spec to your 6935 but i just cannot get wifi working.
I have replaced the Intel 5100 with a broadcom 1490 but no matter what i try i cannot get the laptop to recognise the card.
I know the card works as i have the laptop dual booting with windows and the broadcom works fine.

Any ideas please

Gurruwiwi
08-06-2009, 03:04 AM
hey great guide, your solution for gfx made my 9600m gs 512mb fully working after a half year of trying ;)

so now i want to get my ethernet working but your kext for AttansicL1e doens´t work for me.

lspci gave me that:
09:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Attansic Technology Corp. L1 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter [1969:1026] (rev b0)

so dev-id is the same like in your info.plist of your kext

i have an aspire 6930G which is most similar to 6935 i think

Did you follow my guide, or do you have a previous install and applied this kext?

it could be you have to place the kext in a bootloader directory to load, or override vanilla... In my guide, with chameleon, it not even necessary to place in Extra folder, just in S/L/E.

Sorry, thats all I can help, look around and search for success stories of your model...

Gurruwiwi
08-06-2009, 03:06 AM
if you boot using -v it should be okay...

I dont think that will solve it, it will basically just enter verbose mode and hang. at least you'll know where, to find why, and fix.

you cant try -v -x for safe mode boot...

Gurruwiwi
08-06-2009, 03:17 AM
Please can you help ?? I have an Acer 6930g which is similar spec to your 6935 but i just cannot get wifi working.
I have replaced the Intel 5100 with a broadcom 1490 but no matter what i try i cannot get the laptop to recognise the card.
I know the card works as i have the laptop dual booting with windows and the broadcom works fine.

Any ideas please

I think, I'm not sure, your model might have a physical switch to turn on wireless and off?

If it does, you need to apply the "pin 20" trick. I worked like a charm on another laptop I had. Its a trick where you apply a piece o tape to cover the pin that receives the on/off signal. Then Leopard will see it.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=56015&st=20

tell me if it works for you!

gtee
08-08-2009, 07:21 PM
I dont think that will solve it, it will basically just enter verbose mode and hang. at least you'll know where, to find why, and fix.

you cant try -v -x for safe mode boot...

hi! thanks for the guide!

by the way, do you know how can i get the mic to work?

what have you found out regarding the vanilla kernel? can it detect your original wifi board?

i dunno if atheros drivers can activate the original wifi card?

one interesting thing i obeserved, after updating the OS online and running Transmission torrent, my system seems to kernel panic alot, donno what's going on...do you know the command to examine the logs?

chrish10
08-09-2009, 10:01 AM
I think, I'm not sure, your model might have a physical switch to turn on wireless and off?

If it does, you need to apply the "pin 20" trick. I worked like a charm on another laptop I had. Its a trick where you apply a piece o tape to cover the pin that receives the on/off signal. Then Leopard will see it.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=56015&st=20

tell me if it works for you!

no still not working even after the "pin 20" trick. i think i will try getting a broadcom 1390 and give that a try.

Gurruwiwi
08-09-2009, 06:55 PM
hi! thanks for the guide!

by the way, do you know how can i get the mic to work?

what have you found out regarding the vanilla kernel? can it detect your original wifi board?

i dunno if atheros drivers can activate the original wifi card?

one interesting thing i obeserved, after updating the OS online and running Transmission torrent, my system seems to kernel panic alot, donno what's going on...do you know the command to examine the logs?

I am working on the audio issue. I'd love to get the mic working as I'd use it ALOT... but, unfortunately, nothing so far. It is only a matter of time, but unfortunately again, I can't at this moment dwell into this.

I have no idea how to check what is panic'ing your system.

Atheros makes wireless that is also airport. But, its just like windows (except some very rare situations) Atheros "drivers" work for atheros cards. Intel 5100 is NOT supported nor are any ported drivers. There are some intels that work, but not very stable. Best bet is always broadcom 1390/1490 to get WEP, WAP, stable, speed etc... Atheros too, but I never used them myself so I cant comment.

Anyway, look around for your KP issues and post back. Also, your system too, make model etc.

I'm using Vuze, getting fed up with it though, might try transmission some day. Vuze works really well here.

Good luck!

Gurruwiwi
08-09-2009, 06:59 PM
no still not working even after the "pin 20" trick. i think i will try getting a broadcom 1390 and give that a try.

Be sure to really try it. Cut tape that is just that small. be sure to cover both sides of the pin. Also, when inserting the pcie card, make sure it doesnt slide out (I thought it was bullsh*t, but then it worked!!)

Also, there are also other pin yo can cover depending on system/make/model

On another Acer, pin 20 worked. Search for you model, I am sure I've seen people with success stories guide. If you go "insane" you could try the other known forum, as it exists for a longer time, there is alot more threads.

That being said, this forums is 20x better :p

Gurruwiwi
08-10-2009, 12:52 AM
Also,

try booting into Windows with the pin 20 trick. It just might wake it up. This seems to work sometimes too.

chrish10
08-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Hi,
I covered the pin with nail varnish (several layers) but only one side as per the other forum.Do i need to do both sides ? the card works absolutely fine in windows but nothing in Mac. The wireless icon doesnt even light up to show powered .

Also,

try booting into Windows with the pin 20 trick. It just might wake it up. This seems to work sometimes too.

Gurruwiwi
08-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Varnish? Are you sure its not conductive?

The idea to use tape is to interrupt the physical on off switch from un-powering the card. Windows will work because the BIOS can send info to OS to recognize the on/off status of the physical switch. On OSx this does not happen.

So with regular cheap tape you cover this pin so it is always "on". I dont know for sure, but do try using tape to cover both sides. Boot into windows to check it is recognized and that the button does nothing.

When you succeed, boot into OSx and it should recognize. And be sure that you install the BCM41xx kext - this can be done by loading up iAtkos 7 install, unchecking EVERYTHING and just select the broadcom wireless driver.

When it is done, it sould reboot by itself. Sometimes, after installing the kext, right before rebooting, there can be a exclamation mark in yellow giving some "error" - just ignore this and reboot.

To be more precise, on reboot flag it with -f flag to rebuild cache, but its not mandatory

Also, if varnish IS non-conductive, you can very easily spill onto the next pin. How can you be that precise in covering just that pin with varnish?!?! The difficulty with tape is just cutting that a small piece, can't imagine with varnish...

chrish10
08-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Varnish? Are you sure its not conductive?

The idea to use tape is to interrupt the physical on off switch from un-powering the card. Windows will work because the BIOS can send info to OS to recognize the on/off status of the physical switch. On OSx this does not happen.

So with regular cheap tape you cover this pin so it is always "on". I dont know for sure, but do try using tape to cover both sides. Boot into windows to check it is recognized and that the button does nothing.

When you succeed, boot into OSx and it should recognize. And be sure that you install the BCM41xx kext - this can be done by loading up iAtkos 7 install, unchecking EVERYTHING and just select the broadcom wireless driver.

When it is done, it sould reboot by itself. Sometimes, after installing the kext, right before rebooting, there can be a exclamation mark in yellow giving some "error" - just ignore this and reboot.

To be more precise, on reboot flag it with -f flag to rebuild cache, but its not mandatory

Also, if varnish IS non-conductive, you can very easily spill onto the next pin. How can you be that precise in covering just that pin with varnish?!?! The difficulty with tape is just cutting that a small piece, can't imagine with varnish...

I taped over both pins (both sides) works fine in windows and the only way i can disable the card is in device manager and not via switch.
But still not detecting in Mac Ox

gtee
08-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Some interesting links for you guys..do you know which realtek chip is the acer 6935g using?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34075&hl=audio+driver

gtee
08-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Atheros makes wireless that is also airport. But, its just like windows (except some very rare situations) Atheros "drivers" work for atheros cards. Intel 5100 is NOT supported nor are any ported drivers. There are some intels that work, but not very stable. Best bet is always broadcom 1390/1490 to get WEP, WAP, stable, speed etc... Atheros too, but I never used them myself so I cant comment.

i installed XP before using Atheros and Intel Broadcom software drivers available on some websites, somehow both seems to work. Not sure if the same OEM manufacturer actually produces the same chip for both company.:)

Gurruwiwi
08-12-2009, 03:54 PM
I taped over both pins (both sides) works fine in windows and the only way i can disable the card is in device manager and not via switch.
But still not detecting in Mac Ox

Chris, you've got to give more precise info... Installing OSX can be a breeze or a nightmare!

Sometimes its the most insignificant stuff that break the deal.

First things first...

1 - What brand is your wireless pcie?

2 - Talking always about taping BOTH sides, how many pins did you cover? It is just 1 pin that needs covering.

3 - Once you have covered it, you successfully logged into windows and confirmed that you CAN use internet, and that the on/off switch no longer works, correct? If this is true, and the above questions are correct, you are 95% in the clear...

4 - Back to OSX, are you sure you installed correct kext to correct place?

5 - Do you get the airport icon on the top bar? Is it blank with only the outline (card recognized but in software off state) or does it have signal (victory!) - if its the first, you just have to go to Network Utilities and turn it on

6 - If you dont get triangle, something is wrong.

LOL... I was reading back to check what your system specs were, and I just realized that I missed,probably, the most important piece on evidence!

You say...

What wifi card are you using ? Only very few are native to Osx!

Yes, got get a broadcom, but make it 1490 just because it has a/b/g and 1390 only has b/g which is great, but for the same price you get a card that will last you longer in time.

Go get it !! :)

Gurruwiwi
08-12-2009, 03:58 PM
i installed XP before using Atheros and Intel Broadcom software drivers available on some websites, somehow both seems to work. Not sure if the same OEM manufacturer actually produces the same chip for both company.:)

Thanks! I think I visited it already.

I've managed to get audio without clicks and pops, digital out etc... but personally, my main issue is to get internal mic rockin´

Been trying and will continue.

Collaboration would be joyfully welcome!

And soon, now that Snow Leopard is Gold Master, I'll be attempting that. Who wants to join in the "fun" ?

Gurruwiwi
08-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Oh yeah, people, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...

I am trying my best to help you all in getting your systems up and running, but do please collaborate more.

You can simply do this by POSTING YOUR COMPLETE SYSTEM INFO in your signature. It massively increases you success as it attracts others with similar specs to the threads you are involved with, specially troubleshooting ones!

Also helps to quickly identify issues, like Chris!

I bet 20 imaginary euros his wifi card is not supported, and when he gets the broadcom one, tapes the pin and pops it in, he'll be smiling all day long...

:p

gtee
08-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Thanks! I think I visited it already.

I've managed to get audio without clicks and pops, digital out etc... but personally, my main issue is to get internal mic rockin´

Been trying and will continue.

Collaboration would be joyfully welcome!

And soon, now that Snow Leopard is Gold Master, I'll be attempting that. Who wants to join in the "fun" ?

yeah me too, without the internal mic, i can't do video conferencing.

how can i help?

Gurruwiwi
08-12-2009, 04:34 PM
yeah me too, without the internal mic, i can't do video conferencing.

how can i help?

Well... as long as you know how to fix a kernel panic at boot if you f*ck up, then just do what I do... If not,
then don't... Before I had a second hackbook, and since I have almost zero terminal skills, I had to start fresh install
to fix my mistakes. Now I can just remove the drive, connect it to the other laptop (or friends and girlfriends real Mac's), mount the drive, remove kext, reboot and bingo.

What I generally do...

First, search search search and when you finish, search again.

Then you must read read read read read read.

Then try and try and try, but also try to be systematic, so you can properly undo operations, so you know what NOT to do, what certainly does not work.

Them come back and post your findings. AN POST SYSTEM SPECS TOO :)

So far, nothing has worked, but for sure it has been a lack of the right combination of kext, kext+ plist edit, kext + string etc etc...

There is a solutions though... go buy a cheapo USB compatible mic, should do the trick I guess...

My Mbox 2 workes like a charm, so does my Fireface 800, but I dont want them on all the time!

Plus, many times, after using mbox 2, if I unplug it and then shutdown system, it KP's. This is known to happen on real Macs too.

Gurruwiwi
08-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Someone care to try this for me?

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,234.0.html

Got loads of work to get through... I'm swampped right now.

chrish10
08-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Oh yeah, people, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...

I am trying my best to help you all in getting your systems up and running, but do please collaborate more.

You can simply do this by POSTING YOUR COMPLETE SYSTEM INFO in your signature. It massively increases you success as it attracts others with similar specs to the threads you are involved with, specially troubleshooting ones!

Also helps to quickly identify issues, like Chris!

I bet 20 imaginary euros his wifi card is not supported, and when he gets the broadcom one, tapes the pin and pops it in, he'll be smiling all day long...

:p

Please can i have 20 imaginary euru's please :p

It's the Broadcom 1490 i have , i replaced the intel 5100 that come with the Acer 6930g with the Broadcom so i know that the card is supported.
I have done a fresh installation installing iatkos v7 with the exact options you have used using the wireless network Broadcom 43xx kext during installation.
I have covered the pin next to pin 18 on the 1490 and works absolutely fine in windows but no airport icon/triangle etc shows on mac osx desktop, the wifi icon on laptop keyboard does not even light up.
I am pretty sure the right pin is disabled on the card as i am unable to disable wifi in windows (always on).

Gurruwiwi
08-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Right!
Excellent! We are way over half way!

You have indeed covered the right pin in the right way. Your green wifi light sould not be on anways, that is an indication that the button is working and physically cutting power to the wifi card.
On another hackbook, with pin 20, the light is just off always, Xp or Leo.
So yeah, we are close. Tell me, in system profile

Apple -> About this mac -> More info

What does it say under Aiport Card?
If it is there some how, either native or third party, you just have to go to System Prefs -> Network -> Delete all the available connections and create one manually (this is the list in the left column)
That has known to wake up the card.
Damn... the "no airport triangle" on the top bar is not good...

But for now, post back on this

Gurruwiwi
08-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Also, please do the following...

If you do command + shift + 4 - you will see the mouse cursor changes. You can then select an area and it will take a snapshot of that area to the desktop.
Practice it, its quite fun and addictive loool.

Then got to Spotlight and write "terminal"

Inside Terminal, expand the window quite big, and type in "lspci" and hit enter.

Take a snapshot of all the info and post it here please. This is also a great way to get DEV and SUBSYS number for all your devices in case you need to string stuff

gtee
08-14-2009, 03:22 PM
chrishelms
Dec 8 2008, 08:57 PM
it sounds like you have the acer notebook
i just installed ideneb 1.3 on this system. it has the nvidia 9600gt and the wifi 5100
i got the 9600gt working perfectly in 5 minutes. it was very easy. Just follow these instructions:

Yay!! Finally got mine working with QE/CI.

1. fresh install iDeneb 10.5.5 v1.3 (no graphics driver selected)
2. reboot -x
3. install aqua-mac's package
http://rapidshare.com/files/155562098/NVID...rivers.zip.html
4. reboot
5. install NVDarwin 1.2.3
http://www.mediafire.com/?iltt3ezn1uh
6. reboot

I wasted 2 days trying to do this originally using my old 10.5.1 to 10.5.5 upgrade and doing MBP kext tranfer, the Boot.plist modifying using gfxutil & osx86 tools, etc. Oh well, but at least it works now.

Many thanks goes out to iDeneb people, aqua-mac for the 9000 series package, NVDarwin pepole, and those of you who posted the steps above.

Cheers!

NOTE: iDeneb 10.5.5 v1.3 users. You will get this error when installing certain software down the line. "<Stand><Stand><CarbonLib><>" Go here for the simple and easy fix.
http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=132410

if you have this notebook, did you get audio working? i think there is a alc889a in there but i'm not so sure and neither hdapatcher nor anything else worked so far...

Gurruwiwi
08-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Beware thread followers!! DO NOT try this previous post!!!

gtee, what are you on about?... what notebook and who are you addressing? It seems you are quoting someone, use the quotation marks please!

I have no idea why you posted that about graphics, but let me assure you that before this tutorial I tried every single enabler, kext, string etc known to exist!

Nada, ziltch, niente, kaput, KP, black screen, blue screen (not of death), hangs or just ignored.

Plus, that is for 9600gt, that is desktop. I am pretty confident it wont work for this laptop, I tried sooooooooooo many tricks and stuff...

Plus, it has a very similar name, but ar in fact quite different cards

Believe me, my method works, it is the easiest method known to man because I provided the plist with the string already inside it! I cant be simpler than this!! You get full QE/CE, HDMI and VGA out, native full HD resolution... I mean... why look for another method, download another distro, when you can do it just with iAtkos?

About sound... sound DOES work, digital outs work, headphones and internal speaker work great ! It's just the damn mic in that is not recognizing... you can use many kexts, from Azalia to Enablers... I just found the latest VoodooHDA to work best.

I am "mic in" and "2 finger scroll" away from having a true Macbook Pro CLONE !!

But it is such a widespread problem, I think I'll still have to wait for a miracle kext.

I just hope to get this far with SL !!!

chrish10
08-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Also, please do the following...

If you do command + shift + 4 - you will see the mouse cursor changes. You can then select an area and it will take a snapshot of that area to the desktop.
Practice it, its quite fun and addictive loool.

Then got to Spotlight and write "terminal"

Inside Terminal, expand the window quite big, and type in "lspci" and hit enter.

Take a snapshot of all the info and post it here please. This is also a great way to get DEV and SUBSYS number for all your devices in case you need to string stuff

I have taken a screen shot as per your instructions above . There shows no airport device in the system profiler and as you can see in the attachment there is no airport icon on desktop.

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af127/CrAckViLLaN/Picture3.png

Gurruwiwi
08-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Ok...

As you can see, the second to last line reads Broadcom 4312. We already had confirmed this in Windows, but its better to be double sure.

Your only problem now is software.

You didnt tell me if you tried making a new connection in the Network Prefs...

Lets recap just one second. You have a 6930G right... did you follow my tutorial or do you have a different install? If so, what distro/method did you do to install OSX...

And also... did you install any kexts for this? This would only work out of the box if you are running vanilla kernel.

Anyway, try this kext and report back. Install with OSXtools, and reboot with -v -f flags

link:

https://www.yousendit.com/download/YkxMaXROdENqV0R2Wmc9PQ http://www.yousendit.com/en/images/1x1_gry.gif http://www.yousendit.com/en/images/1x1_grn.gif

chrish10
08-15-2009, 11:21 PM
Ok...

As you can see, the second to last line reads Broadcom 4312. We already had confirmed this in Windows, but its better to be double sure.

Your only problem now is software.

You didnt tell me if you tried making a new connection in the Network Prefs...

Lets recap just one second. You have a 6930G right... did you follow my tutorial or do you have a different install? If so, what distro/method did you do to install OSX...

And also... did you install any kexts for this? This would only work out of the box if you are running vanilla kernel.

Anyway, try this kext and report back. Install with OSXtools, and reboot with -v -f flags

link:

https://www.yousendit.com/download/YkxMaXROdENqV0R2Wmc9PQ http://www.yousendit.com/en/images/1x1_gry.gif http://www.yousendit.com/en/images/1x1_grn.gif

Installed the kext from link but still no airport card shows.
I followed your install using Iatkos v7 but without ethernet as i know mine is not compatible and also didnt have to use 9600 gt string as nvenabler/gt200 seemed to work fine on their own,other than that same install as yours.
How would i try making a new connection if airport card not available ?

Gurruwiwi
08-16-2009, 12:13 AM
I dont know, but I distinctly remember a couple of posts from long ago when I was dealing with my other hackintosh, 10.5.5, and it seemed to work for some people.

apple -> system prefs -> network -> bottom left there is a "+" and "-"

delete all and create e new one.

Also, go to spotlight and type "network utility", first tab "info" there is a dropdown menu below "Please select network interface for information"

en0 is normally ethernet
en1 is wifi

check if it shows up there

chrish10
08-16-2009, 12:51 AM
I dont know, but I distinctly remember a couple of posts from long ago when I was dealing with my other hackintosh, 10.5.5, and it seemed to work for some people.

apple -> system prefs -> network -> bottom left there is a "+" and "-"

delete all and create e new one.

Also, go to spotlight and type "network utility", first tab "info" there is a dropdown menu below "Please select network interface for information"

en0 is normally ethernet
en1 is wifi

check if it shows up there

unable to manually create manual wifi connection as there is no option for wifi/airport and in network utility only shows en0 ethernet in the dropdown menu.

Gurruwiwi
08-16-2009, 02:07 AM
damn it ! :mad:

I am out of ideas...

Except, of course, to find a usb stick that is compatible, loads around, do a search... but of course its not ideal, but at least temporarily.

You could try with another pcie card, broadcom or atheros.

Your card should be working fine !!! I know how irritating this can be, hang in there.

Another thought. Where did you put that kext? S/L/E or E/L/E ?

IF you used OSXtools, or manually, do the following.

Copy the kext out of S/L/E to desktop, then delete the kext from folder. Copy it to Extra/Library/Extensions.

Delete extensions.mkext from S/L

Go to disk utility and repair permissions.

Reboot with -v -f

-f is the same as deleting extensions.mkext, but on boot it forces deletion again and rebuilds.

Just for reference, I have mine in S/L/E, but for some reason you might need it overriden. Could be something to do with a not so friendly dsdt.aml code...

fisheye
08-16-2009, 05:31 AM
I find this tutorial lacking information, at least for someone new to this. for instance:

So let get started... (single boot)

- from USB I loaded up iAtkos v7
- With disk utility choose HD and partion with 1 partition again (essential so as to not only erase drive, but to erase bootloader info from previous try outs. I've been at this non stop for two weeks! did over 15 instals os Leo and Snow Leo.)
- Customize with;

iAtkos essential system
Bootlader - Chameleon 2

How do I load it from USB? Do I mount it? Do I put it in a pen drive and reboot? Do i put it in an xternal hardrive. How do I "load up"

Gurruwiwi
08-16-2009, 03:32 PM
It is not that lacking if you read the first two pages of the thread. And in all honesty, it can be simpler than this, you have no idea the amount of hours it took me to get this a good install. It is absolutely simple and clean, if you'd tried installing Leopard even once before, it would all have made sense to you.

When I say "load up" mean "boot it"... Everything seems kind of scary and hazy because until you try it out, its a misterious land of strange lingo.

If you have the same model as me, worry not, my tutorial is almost 100% noob proof, and I'll help you out

Booting from usb is exactly the same as booting from DVD, except it is 20x faster, and especially handy to tweak your install if needed, disk utilities,, reload bootloader, kexts/enablers in distro or simply fresh re-install, etc.

Restore the DMG to a blank USB formatted hfs+journalled, slap chameleon onto pen drive and you are good to go.

This is also very handy, to have a Chameleon bootloader on a pen, saved my ass 5x already!

Gurruwiwi
08-16-2009, 03:42 PM
When I say "slap chameleon onto pen drive" I mean "install chameleon 2 rc 1 to pen drive"

If you have OSx running, just download it.

If you dont, boot iatkos DVD, customize install and uncheck EVERYTHING except chameleon 2 bootloader, making double sure in the previous step to choose USB drive as destination.

It very well might report a yellow exclamation mark as "failed to install" - this is absolutely normal as you will NOT be running post-action scripts from the iAtkos dvd.

Reboot with Pen drive, make sure you know how to make bios boot the pen drive in first place.

Can be done in BIOS order, I just press f12 on bios flash screen and it gives me a menu. My other hack (asus) its ESC. If not, just go in BIOS and change order to USB first.

chrish10
08-19-2009, 02:47 PM
damn it ! :mad:

I am out of ideas...

Except, of course, to find a usb stick that is compatible, loads around, do a search... but of course its not ideal, but at least temporarily.

You could try with another pcie card, broadcom or atheros.

Your card should be working fine !!! I know how irritating this can be, hang in there.

Another thought. Where did you put that kext? S/L/E or E/L/E ?

IF you used OSXtools, or manually, do the following.

Copy the kext out of S/L/E to desktop, then delete the kext from folder. Copy it to Extra/Library/Extensions.

Delete extensions.mkext from S/L

Go to disk utility and repair permissions.

Reboot with -v -f

-f is the same as deleting extensions.mkext, but on boot it forces deletion again and rebuilds.

Just for reference, I have mine in S/L/E, but for some reason you might need it overriden. Could be something to do with a not so friendly dsdt.aml code...

I have just about given up on this card, can you recommend a usb wireless stick that should work ok.

Thanks for your help

Gurruwiwi
08-20-2009, 05:17 PM
hey chrish10,

I'm really sorry for you, but this should not be happening. Try another clean install...

Or... now that you have the card, try booting iAtkos a just running the dsdt patcher again and re-load the broadcom kexts from installer...

Yeah, you can always go USB, but thats just... yuk!

I could recommend one to you, but I would just have to use the search engine and go to the known places to get the info. Like google, insanepeople's forums, HCL etc.

If I knew one off the top of my head, of course I would tell you straight off.

Really, this should not be happening to you.

maxxsx
08-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Hello Gurruwiwi! Thank you very much for your business!
I was able to run at its hakintosh aspire 6935! But the memory I have is displayed incorrectly. 800mGz instead of 1067! Please help me! Sorry for my English, I'm from Ukraine.
Thank you.:)
P.S: Another question, when we read the instructions for installation on our laptop Snow Leopard?

fisheye
08-22-2009, 07:27 PM
----FIXED---

Thank you! it's working, all except ethernet...

I've the same machine as you, aspire 6935g - 864g32mn

Installed the ktext with osxtools, but still no ethernet... what am I doing wrong? How?

----""----

Whenever something doesn't work properly, just re-install. I did it , and now it works. Now to get dual boot working... MAybe i'll use bootcamp, since I always manage to corrupt the Vista install...

scorpion332
08-23-2009, 01:58 PM
i have acer 6935g 944g32bn is a bit diferent , i haven´t got intenet , mi card by ethernet don´twork i have the drivers same idea?

Gurruwiwi
08-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Fisheye - YEY !! congratulations!! :) You must have forgotten to do something... anyways, now it is fixed.

Dual booting, people think its a problem but it is NOT, you only have to understand how play with bootloaders and active partitions.

Install Osx first, install Vista/Win7 second, this will "break" OSx booting, dont worry. Vista has set its partion as active.

If it gives an error at the end, its normal.

Insert Vista DVD and choose repair option, when it looks for OS, dont let it automatically fix, go to the next menu and choose the command prompt.

In command prompt type

"diskpart" - without the "" of course, just to let you know the sequence. Press enter

"list disk" - this shows all disks present.

"select disk X" - where X is the numer 0, 1, 2 whatever. See the number of your Leo/vista install.

"list partition" same procedure as before. See number of your Leo install

"select partition X" - where X = Leo partition

"active" - press enter

"quit" - just to be nice and tidy. Not really necessary

Reboot

Now you'll have Chameleon showing both partition, but do NOT try to boot into VISTA or WIN 7. Boot Leopard, and copy the boot.ini files that is in the root into the root of Vista/Win7.

If by any chance when you reboot you get an error, insert iAtkos DVD and ONLY select Chameleon 2 and Post Action. This of course to the destination of your Leo and NOT Vista partition

Reboot and you should be able to go into Microcrap Vomit, or Winsh*t 7.

(sorry, having major problems with these two idiot OS's)

<GO !

Gurruwiwi
08-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Scorpio...

Please go to terminal and type "lspci"

Tell me what it says for ethernet.

Gurruwiwi
08-24-2009, 07:36 PM
P.S: Another question, when we read the instructions for installation on our laptop Snow Leopard?

Greetings!! :p

I will as soon as I get it working. The irony is I got it to work before trying this Leopard !! I only bought this laptop 2 months ago

But now, I simply cannot get it working dual booting. No matter what I try or what flags I try, it always KP's in the same way and I cannot find out why. I need a new HDD for a project, so I'll try mono booting (as before) to try to figure out what is going on.

Anyways, its fun to know, and I do think I've got the gold master (10a432) but until its actually released some things could change. So lets be patient!

Gurruwiwi
08-26-2009, 07:29 PM
For those having trouble with ethernet, find the RealtekR1000.kext and try it.

Please do come back to say if it works, dont forget to mention your specs.

ta-ta

Gurruwiwi
08-27-2009, 11:06 AM
I finally went out and bought a new hard drive.

I will start to get funky with Snow Leopard pretty soon. Hope to make it my long run dual boot system.

Anyone want to join me ? :p

mascal71
08-28-2009, 12:46 AM
hey Gurruwiwi I have almost the same your laptop.
Mine is the version with 1GB nvidia, display at 1920x1080 and blueray dvd .
I used iDeneb 10.5.8 and everything worked fine from my first reboot.
For sound I used voodooHDA kext and I solved the mic problem using a tiny USB one.
My only problem is the CPU speed that is 1,60 GHz instead 2,40.

Could u tell me how did u fixed this?
Which kind of SMBIOS did u installed ?

:-) and i'm waiting for the postman to bring me my copy of Snow Leopard, I hope tommorrow, and than let's get funky together ! :-)

scorpion332
08-28-2009, 06:34 AM
Gurruwiwi , the ethernet dosen´t work , i install this drivers realtek and restar and dosen´t work , any other idea? thank you for all

paradoxni
08-28-2009, 09:28 AM
I have a 6930G, which has slightly differing hardware to the 6935G, e.g NVIDIA 9300GS

what do I need to do to adjust your guide for this model?

thanks

haseeb
08-28-2009, 01:31 PM
ive currently installed OSX v7 using iatkos Thanks to this Awesome Guide !! :D
i already have vista on a different partition
and i created an another partition and installed hackint0sh and it worked i can boot into mac with chameleon but now the problem is i cant boot into Vista as soon as i select vista it just loops and instantly restarts

i tried making the vista partition active using the Vista DVD and then it would just boot straight to Vista

any help i can get on this dual booting both of them
Partition structure

Vista = Partition 1
Data = Partition 2
PQSERVICE = Partition 3
Mac = Partition 4

PS.
i already had vista on this laptop before installing iatkos

Thanks

Gurruwiwi
08-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Right on !! :p

Well done hasseb!

Did you copy the chameleon boot.ini to the Vista partition after installing OSx? It is easy, but its fussy.
chameleon needs a special boot.ini to recognize.
But... I cannot get to dual boot the original hard drive with the same partition structure as yours. I mean, dual boot Vista and XP !!!
No matter what I try, this vista will not let me. I've done this bunch of times before, so my only conclusion is that the recovery partiton, pq service or the fact that the drive alredy has a large number of partitions, will not allow this.

For instance, I've always before booted windows via e-sata, having my Leopard inside the laptop. With the original Vsta, if its inside, it boot as normal, if I try via e-sata, I cannot boot, it goes into recovery, but it does not even find either Vista or XP !
It is always best to have two simple partitopns for dual booting ! That is exactly why I bought a new drive to try SL.Plus, if anything goes seriously wrong (like I wiped and entire drive with backups by accident), you can always fire up another OS to get your life back in order, and even assist your failled attempts.

Sata drives are really cheap now!

Gurruwiwi
08-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Gurruwiwi , the ethernet dosen´t work , i install this drivers realtek and restar and dosen´t work , any other idea? thank you for all

Just to check, you do install these kexts to S/L/E with OSXtools or Kexthelper?

Permissions must be repaired (although mine woke up immediately)

Ok, lets try with strings then. Find EFI Studio, I'm pretty sure it has ethernet.

I've never used it, as I stringed manually for gfx card only. Do a quick search, it should be easy as click click click. Be sure to check for vendor ID from Terminal "lspci" command with your system spec (in windows or internet) just in case OSX reads it wrong.

Gurruwiwi
08-28-2009, 02:06 PM
I have a 6930G, which has slightly differing hardware to the 6935G, e.g NVIDIA 9300GS

what do I need to do to adjust your guide for this model?

thanks

Hi paradoxni

Not much I suppose.

Well, basically check for different HW, for instance, you gfx card. Whatever is different, you'll have to hunt down kexts for it.

Basically, I think, you have different gfx and two harddrives.

If that is the case, just follow my tutorial, except you cant just copy my apple.plist because it containes gfx string for 9600m GT for this Acer model. You'll have to make your own and copy it to the info.boot.apple.plist.

One thing is to boot up, that is 80% of the work done, and these new distros + chameleon are heaven sent.

Next step is fine tune your system for eficiency and stability. Stability comes from correct CPU, Ram readings, solid gfx, although sometimes it works right but reads wrong in system profile. You should run some tests (geekbench, xbench) to check.

Kernel Panics are to be dealt with. If you have them, something is wrong. One thing is KP from wrong HW specs, another is random KP. Tis last one is very rare.

paradoxni
08-28-2009, 02:13 PM
If that is the case, just follow my tutorial, except you cant just copy my apple.plist because it containes gfx string for 9600m GT for this Acer model. You'll have to make your own and copy it to the info.boot.apple.plist.

Is it possible to use your apple.plist and then edit it and change some strings to work with my hardware? I am not 100% sure I understand the process.

Gurruwiwi
08-28-2009, 03:55 PM
hey Gurruwiwi I have almost the same your laptop.
Mine is the version with 1GB nvidia, display at 1920x1080 and blueray dvd .
I used iDeneb 10.5.8 and everything worked fine from my first reboot.
For sound I used voodooHDA kext and I solved the mic problem using a tiny USB one.
My only problem is the CPU speed that is 1,60 GHz instead 2,40.

Could u tell me how did u fixed this?
Which kind of SMBIOS did u installed ?

:-) and i'm waiting for the postman to bring me my copy of Snow Leopard, I hope tommorrow, and than let's get funky together ! :-)

Hi Mascal71,

hmmm... yes I too had that issue before, with both CPU and RAM speed. To be quite honest, I can't remeber how I fixed it.... :eek: ... and now that I think about it, anyone else here with 6935g that followed my tutorial pleas confirm cpu and ram are correct please?

At the time I was batteling several fronts. audio, video, ethernet and and this!
I cannot be sure, since dsdt.aml confuses the heck out of me, I can't tell if it works or not, as if I remove it, everything works the same, but supposadly it shouldn´t be working with this disto/chameleon... But I do have it there for... protocol really...

Does iDeneb install ask you for dsdt.aml?
Anyways, SMBIOS is supposed to be one of the culprits for this, I will post mine up when I get home... I really dont remember if I edited this or not.
That is actually a great question, thank you, I'd never thought about this issue up to now.... I wrote the tuorial after the final battle, gfx card. Took me SO long to figure it out, I cant remember the CPU n Ram part.
Try my SMBIOS later on, I'll google around to refresh my memory.
You bought the Snow ? lool, why not go shopping at the bay or with demons ?

cherrios!

Ps: you sure your gfx is gddr3? I thought 512 were gddr3, whilst the 1gb were gddr2, but that's just a suposition

mascal71
08-28-2009, 06:28 PM
why Did I buy the snow?

Because I wanted the 2 Apple Stickers!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

No it's because I have some real Mac in Office and so ...

iDeneb doesnt ask you to install dsdt.aml and anyway I tried to use the SMBIOS800 and the processor speed is right ... but now the memory is wrong :-) DDR2 @ 800 and not DDR3 @ 1066

scorpion332
08-29-2009, 06:43 AM
Just to check, you do install these kexts to S/L/E with OSXtools or Kexthelper?

Permissions must be repaired (although mine woke up immediately)

Ok, lets try with strings then. Find EFI Studio, I'm pretty sure it has ethernet.

I've never used it, as I stringed manually for gfx card only. Do a quick search, it should be easy as click click click. Be sure to check for vendor ID from Terminal "lspci" command with your system spec (in windows or internet) just in case OSX reads it wrong.

Thanks for your answer, but do not know much English and if we add that I do not understand much of this new operating system, I understand nothing of what you say, now I use a translator for this, I can explain it more clear please? thank you very much indeed

Gurruwiwi
08-29-2009, 01:16 PM
why Did I buy the snow?

Because I wanted the 2 Apple Stickers!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

That's precisely why I bought the iphone :p

... but I only got one. :mad:

Tell you what, I'll trade you my smbios.kext for one of your stickers ...?

Just uploaded a zip with 2 smbios.kext... one is applesmbios.kext, the other is applesmbios2.kext.

I have no idea where this second one came from. Must have been one of those nights I stayed up late trying to figure it out, I find no logical explanation except it must have worked and went to sleep and forgot about it.

First try the normal one, then the second one, and then, heck, like me, try both!

Tell me how it goes

Gurruwiwi
08-29-2009, 01:35 PM
I can explain it more clear please? thank you very much indeed

Ok.

EFI Studio is program to automatically find ethernet (or graphic, audio, etc) and show Leopard that it exists, and make it work.

EFI Studio does not work 100% of the time.

1 - go here and download program.

http://nguyenhai.wordpress.com/2009/01/12/useful-osx86-hackintosh-tools/

2 - Choose Ethernet from drop down menu

3 - Click add device

4 - Click "write to com.apple.Boot.plist"

Reboot.

Hope it work... should look something like this

mascal71
08-29-2009, 04:25 PM
hey tnx u mate!!!!
I used both your kexts ... it didnt fix the processor speed but now my hackintosh is faster than before to do everything !!!!
Look in the boot rom version in the picture I attached ... it seems to be moded for the Acer laptops !!! U did a good job in that night :D

U deserved the sticker indeed!!!!

Gurruwiwi
08-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Belissimo !!:D bravo, bravo !!

But check your RAM speed too. Anyway, great news.
Can you check somehow if your CPU actually WORKS at the correct speed?
There are many known cases where the About My Mac does not read correct, but the machine works correct. There are also tool to modify directly about my mac.
heheh... you can make it read quad core extreme and stun your friends! hehe I think maybe OSXtools does this

Also, for the sake of stability, try removing smbios number 2 and reboot (dont forget to repair permissions) - check if it reads coorect, then the opposite.
There is no need for these 2 kexts, it could be both are conflicting. I dont have mine here right now, but sure as heck I will remove one too!
Also, thanks for the kudos, but I assure you I did not do anything special other than read kilometers of threads and edit plist. No programming or hacking here - so I guess its the dsdt.aml actually doing something...

Right.. but you dont use dsdt with ideneb...hmmm ...

DSDT is really really confusing. I undesrtand what it is, but I dont understand who needs it and who doesnt. I seem to not need it.

mascal71
08-29-2009, 06:14 PM
yes the CPu seems to work at its real speed.
This hackintosh is faster than my real iMac @ 2,133 in 3D renderings so I'm quite sure it's a case of wrong "about this Mac" reading.

I'm still waiting for the postman ... I think that with this warm weather my snow leopard is melting away :-)

Gurruwiwi
08-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Well, I'm glad to inform you that I am at this very moment typing from my fresh install of Snow :D:

Still from usb keyboard and mouse, no gfx, etc.. but stage one complete!

build 10A432 roll n roll :p

Going too reboot to test 64bit, then its back again to hunting kexts etc.

Mascal, are you planning to attempt 64bit? or stick with 32? I haven't yet figured out which one to go. I mean, I know logically 64bit is the way to go, but all macbooks and many other iMac's etc are going to boot only 32bit.

I know its basically not much difference since the way Snow is build, both 64bit and 32 kernels will run 64 and 32 apps either way...

Anyway, getting ahead of myself, first see what happens on the other side, 64bit.

Wish me luck... ooooff :-d
:cool:

Gurruwiwi
08-29-2009, 08:26 PM
WOW THAT WAS FAST !!!

64bit rockin#$%$#$% YEAH ! !!:D:D:D:p:p

I think I'm going to cry now....

haha !! :D

No really, even without verbose mode, I've never seen an OS boot so %&$ fast!

Sorry for the fowl language, I'm stoked! Look at the time! from posting the last port, to posting this one, under 4 minutes! That is shutdown, reboot, boot in verbose mode, find internet, safari, manual login, find thread and post ! without an optimized OS !

No really, I think I'm going to cry now... :'( just under 4 minutes :p and that was the first 64bit boot!

Gurruwiwi
08-29-2009, 11:27 PM
Report so far, looking good. But I might need to re-install, so far;

Graphics ok
Keyboard and Mouse.... now with multitouch :p
Bluetooth, Webcam
Sata support and E-sata, but have to confirm speeds
Wifi

No audio. no ethernet,

sl_mac
08-29-2009, 11:58 PM
Report so far, looking good. But I might need to re-install, so far;

Graphics ok
Keyboard and Mouse.... now with multitouch :p
Bluetooth
Sata support and E-sata, but have to confirm speeds
Wifi

No audio. no ethernet,

Hi,

I have been silently watching this forum and curious to get SL running on Acer Aspire AS8930-7665. As you know, this has Intel Q9000 Quad Core. Please check the specs here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115542

I wanted to tell that I absolutely play no games and will only be using notebook for DV/HD video editing purposes. I was told Quad Core will give me ultra power during DV/HD video editing. Having said that, can I use your excellent guide for this Acer model?

There are some differences:
1. The GPU is 9700M GT.
2. Does SL recognize that the CPU is indeed Quad Core?
3. Does SL support Full HD (1080p) - 1920 x 1080?
4. The newegg site doesn't say the max RAM allowed is 8GB. I hope it does.
5. What about audio? Does it fully work?
6. I also use Skype/Yahoo Messenger for video/audio chat, so the internal mic/webcam working is a must.
7. What about wireless card? Do I have to replace the one that came with it?
I do have a Dell Wireless 1510 card and a Atheros b/g wirless card. Can I use these on this Acer model?

Sorry to ask you too many questions. I'm a newbie and wanted to make sure I covered everything.

Thanks.

Gurruwiwi
08-30-2009, 12:43 AM
Well, I just now managed to get audio working perfect, except internal mic, but external mic works fine! Finally! If you dont want to use headphones, you just need to plug the mic and leave it about.

Also AHCI for correct Sata buses

And boy is multitouch nice for websurfing, scrolling... tapping isn't working, but I dont like it anyway.

sl_mac... as a newbie, I'd wait a little longer before attempting. I'm doing all the dirty work, that should cover 85% of your needs. The rests you'll have to do on your own, like generating a valid graphics string specifically for your machine, and edit it in the com.apple.boot.plist.

Keep coming back, by the looks of this there might be a first run tutorial soon :) And I'll help my best with the rest.

Making SL boot by the method I managed to do is dead easy, but does envolve some editing of a couple of files, a USB 8GB will be mandatory not optional, snow leo ISO not DVD (sorry mascal, right now I dont think there is any way around this) must be used to create a custom bootable USB.

Also, I installed on fresh drive, there are some problems with dual booting Leo and Snow under the same drive, but this method will allow dual booters to correctly do it because the trick lies in the UUID serial numbers of partitions.

Just need correct CPU info and Ram speed, ethernet, SD card... and we're done I think.

Ps: Mascal, forget what I said, you can make your own ISO in 20 minutes, duh, no need to download.

haseeb
08-30-2009, 06:42 AM
I HAZ SUCCESS !

i have got VISTA + OSX to dual boot without copying the boot.ini files (it doesn't makes any difference even if you do or not Vista doesnt uses boot.ini to boot) OR Reinstalling Vista or Osx all over again.No need to do anything like that

Now all you need is a specific BETA version of EasyBCD Beta 2.0 Build 63 (the stable version don't seem to work for eg v1.7.2) on vista you won't find these on the normal website either on the NeoSmart Forums
and then just add a new Entry as a Mac

Follow the screenshot below
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/7637/easybcd.jpg

after down click add entry Restart the PC and you will get 2 selections Vista and NST MAC OSX.
Now you can either choose Mac OSX (it will redirect you to the chameleon,select OSX ) or Vista (which will boot striaght to vista) and voila you can boot into Mac + Vista

Link to the EASYBCD http://is.gd/2GXRN
You will have to register to the forums for free and after you do that you will be able to download !

Now the only problem im going through with OSX v7 is a small lag (could be the graphics card driver)
when i try visualizer on itunes or a slideshow using the default Preview both the things don't go smoothly either they load have the picture or in the case of visualizer it would freeze for 1secs and then continue

Any fix i can get on that would be appreciated :)

sl_mac
08-30-2009, 07:46 AM
Hi Gurruwiwi...

Thanks for your reply.

As you said, I'll wait and watch on your progress.

I haven't bought this model yet. All I need is a Q90xx Quad core Intel Core 2 CPU with Full HD support and a 15.4'' notebook running on a Nvidia 9400 or 9600M. I don't know if 9700M will work in SL.

As a newbie, I'm completely newbie on this and I hope your upcoming new guide will walk me step by step with references to higher models with different GPUs like the one that comes with 9700M.

Thanks.

mascal71
08-30-2009, 06:33 PM
Great !!!
So did u use an USB 8Gb memory pen to install snow?
For audio did u use the voodooHD at 64 Bit?
Im using Cinema4d at 64 bit for rendering.... and it works great ... I will be very happy to try it in a full 64 Bit S.O ... but the postman is still missing!!!!

Keep in touch !!!

paradoxni
08-31-2009, 03:27 PM
hey guys...currently installing iatkos v7 using this guide on my 6930G, fingers crossed its going well so far.. expect me to post again with some problems haha :)

paradoxni
08-31-2009, 04:11 PM
first problem, I have installed a dell 1395 wifi card into the acer and its not detected, also tried the PIN20 trick by covering in tape,but still the wifi light does not light up and no device detected in OSX.

I know this card is compatible as its from an inspiron 1525 which runs osx (including wifi) very well...

wot else to try ?

looks like its the same card and problem as chris was having a few pages ago :(

this card works in my dell inspiron in osx so why not here! :(

ive also tested the card (with pin20 trick) in windows and it works fine and the killswitch has no effect, its always on. so this must be a driver issue in osx

Gurruwiwi
08-31-2009, 08:31 PM
Well, I'm sorry but like with Chris, I'm out of ideas.. Except dsdt.aml patching, which I now know is not dangerous at all, and quite easy. But its hard to follow threads from people who know how, it very confusing, and there is little help for noobs like me in that field.

But basically, you have to generate a DSDT.aml file (like in my tutorial) and then fix certain entries to contain proper info that OSX can understand. You do that converting it into another format (I forget the extension, but this is decompiling stage)... the open that, edit, save, and recompile back to dsdt.aml, and is very very effective if done properly.

There is only danger if you try to flash your bios to contain the new dsdt.aml info. This is what I have gathered, anyone please jump in to elaborate, because appart from that, its still a mystery to me who needs it and who doesn´t.

So far in SL, its the opposite, it makes the system unstable. Delete it, no more KP, seems rock solid and snappy, yet I'm using Chameleon 2 RC 1 which is supposed to need that file for stability.

Try finding the entry for wifi and edit that.

Also, are you sure the "lspci" command in terminal doesn´t find the card?

For example, look at this thread. Looks horribly complicated as I've never tried it. Currently investigating audio for SL. Thats all I need left but I'm having no luck;

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t182384.html

paradoxni
08-31-2009, 08:38 PM
lspci lists the card as Broadcom corp. BCM4312 802.11b/g [14e4:4315] rev 01

but airport icon dont appear and wifi light stays out (even thou ive done pin20 fix, tested in windows)

also found on another site

You need to edit this file to add device id for your DW 1395:-
/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents/Info.plist

This is what you need to add because it is not listed in original kext:-
<string>pci14e4,4315</string>tries this too but not working

Gurruwiwi
08-31-2009, 09:13 PM
I HAZ SUCCESS !

i have got VISTA + OSX to dual boot without copying the boot.ini files (it doesn't makes any difference even if you do or not Vista doesnt uses boot.ini to boot) OR Reinstalling Vista or Osx all over again.No need to do anything like that

Hey haseeb, there are other ways. But if its working, its working :)

You have two bootloaders now. No problem, just an extra step. You have Windows partition set as active with it bootloeader, that redirects you to Chameleon bootloader.

It is possible to only use Chameleon, I've done it before but only once and I dont want to go all over the SL install yet again!! but now I am concentrating on SL when I'm done, I also want Windows 7, so I'm looking into that too.

Gurruwiwi
08-31-2009, 09:21 PM
lspci lists the card as Broadcom corp. BCM4312 802.11b/g [14e4:4315] rev 01

That means the card is there and recognized. It's not in "up" status, there are linux commands to "up" and "down" the wifi card, and I think terminal might have them.

So, your card in Windows works, internet tested and all? But with the light on? and When you boot to OSx it stays off... When you boot in windows, is the light on since shutdown to boot, or does it light up during the windows boot?

How many pci-e slots do you have?

Also, do you have the airport "blank" icon at the top?

radioheadvegan
08-31-2009, 10:23 PM
same problem, i have an aspire 6930g, 4312 and 4311 broadcom card, they work on windows, but on osx i have nothing, airport = unrecognized

Gurruwiwi
08-31-2009, 11:29 PM
Well then, it seems you guys have a common denominator.

Would it be another pin might need covering? I'll look around, surely there is someone with an answer...

Maybe try an atheros card, they are really cheap and it's better than a usb antennae.

Your models have 2 HDD right? Mine only has one, but there are variations with 2 pci-e slots, some with tv tuner.. With any luck you'll have another slot like me without the killswitch... But I dont think that is the problem, although windows firing up the light makes me wonder. Other makes/models use different pins to cover, lets try to find them. Post back

paradoxni
09-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Pin20 is def the kill switch on the this card (ive tested it in windows), but I have found on other forum a post about iatkos v7 and this same wireless card (dell 1395) which also does not work.

I am goin to buy a 1490 from ebay instead, will be the easiest solution.

My LAN connection is not working with your kext either, so it must be a different model with the acer 6930.

Some good things I found though..... the CPU and RAM are running at their correct speed without any patching needed. And the 9300GS gfx card works 100% with QE/CI, hardware accelerated with just the nvenabler + GT200 EVGA - no extra kexts or patching needed! :)

So if I can get the LAN working and buy 1490 wifi card I will be happy! :)

thanks,

Gurruwiwi
09-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Thats great paradoxni!

Do you actually know how to benchamark to test if CPU and Ram are working right? I only know XBench, but have nothing to compare to, so I'm not certain.

Anyways, these things happen, I've done a really tight install of SL, before I got sound no problrm, now it seems impossible no matter what I do.

And you must be right about something, because my 1490 used to be 100% airport native, and with iAtkos v7 and SL it works just like airport, says airport, but in system profiler it shows uo as third party vendor, which its not supposed to since its Broadcom. So I conclude that iAtkos driver is so good, it can also pick up specific variants of the same segment of models!

Also, I am not going to state my life on this, but on another Acer with the switch, it was off in Windows with the pin 20, and also off in OSX. So there might be something there, like... hmm

Try the following, this DOES work for some hardware, and I am going to do just that right now with audio!

Sometimes, lord knows why, some hardware wake up when booting into windows, then back out into OSX.

You could try booting into windows and disabling the wifi in system properties (not delete driver!), then shutdown and reboot into windows to check its OFF and then back into OSX.

There could be memory state "switch" also !

paradoxni
09-01-2009, 12:23 PM
I have just purchased a 1490 on ebay so im just going to give up on this card...

now im moving onto the LAN, uk keyboard button layouts and getting tapping/scrolling on the touchpad to work!

Gurruwiwi
09-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Really? In Leopard? Congrats man!!

What kexts are you using? I tried the voodooPS2 with no luck., but now in 64bit SL multitouch scroll work flawlessly, zoom in with ctrl key+ 2 finger is delightful

anyways, for reference, this is how I've gotten wifi to recognize in the past, either in Tiger or Leo... its a link to a tutorial on editing kext to match Device ID

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40317&start=300&p=999406&#entry999406

paradoxni
09-01-2009, 01:05 PM
sorry i meant that is what I need to get working next, I havent got them working! :P

i have edited the kexts with the exact ID's but does not work. I will wait pateiently on the 1490 arriving and hope I have better luck.

paradoxni
09-01-2009, 01:21 PM
i have just noticed that if i close the laptop lid, then open again, I cannot get it to wake up :(

Gurruwiwi
09-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Yes, its a very common problem. Sleep is also hard to get working right.

You should try sleep enablers kexts. I haven't bothered with them because my laptop never sleeps, and is shut down only one, twice a week.

You can deactivate it in preferences, so when you shut down the lid its stays on, good to move it around.

Sleep is nice, but if abused makes OSX a bit slower with time, when you reboot its "normal" again, and I find the difference between full waking up and normal boot not to compensate the hassle.

Especially is SL ! Shutdown if faster than sleep in real macbook with Leo

paradoxni
09-01-2009, 04:05 PM
how do you stop closing lid standby? I have set system preferences > energy savings turned standby to "never", but how do i change the lid settings?

mascal71
09-01-2009, 08:36 PM
oh oh oh the postman came this morning so I have 2 new Apple stickers... and snow ! :-)
I just installed snow on my iMac and it rocks (finder is incredible faster than before) !!!!
I tried to install it on my hackintosh folowing this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=182884&pid=1242984&mode=threaded&start=#entry1242984 ... but it didnt work!!!
I need more time to fix it.
Any news about snow installation, Garuwiwi?
I read something about 64Bit. the big different between 32 and 64 bit seams to be that programs could use more than 4Gb of memory .. so if u dont have some super-duper program the different is tiny... anyway my iMac doesnt start with 64 bit kernel!!!:-(

Gurruwiwi
09-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Hey mascal,

SL is ROCKING fast here, but I am having issues with audio like you wouldn't believe ! I'm going nuts.

Anyway, got everithing working fine, and even audio before, but this was one smooth and stable install so I dont want to got through that again.

Boot 132 I've never tried it, but people love it in general.

I highly recommend the USB method, because there is alot, ALOT of editing to get a stable setup. It is all very easy, but it does take time, and from what I've seem its harder to recover from KP in SL than in L.

Once everything is edited, install is a breeze.

So far I've gotten everything except SD which I havent started searching but have a pretty good idea.

Also, I read somewhere that most of Apple products except servers will boot in 32bit. Macbooks through iMac, dont know about the big Mac Pro's though.

But, 64 is working here !

mascal71
09-01-2009, 11:24 PM
so I have to make an ISO of my Retail snow leopard than put it on an USB pen and at last install snow from it ?

sl_mac
09-02-2009, 03:29 AM
Hey mascal,

SL is ROCKING fast here, but I am having issues with audio like you wouldn't believe ! I'm going nuts.

Anyway, got everithing working fine, and even audio before, but this was one smooth and stable install so I dont want to got through that again.

Boot 132 I've never tried it, but people love it in general.

I highly recommend the USB method, because there is alot, ALOT of editing to get a stable setup. It is all very easy, but it does take time, and from what I've seem its harder to recover from KP in SL than in L.

Once everything is edited, install is a breeze.

So far I've gotten everything except SD which I havent started searching but have a pretty good idea.

Also, I read somewhere that most of Apple products except servers will boot in 32bit. Macbooks through iMac, dont know about the big Mac Pro's though.

But, 64 is working here !

Hi Gurruwiwi,

It is really fantastic that you were able to boot into 64 bit SL. As you had mentioned, would you be able to create a step by step guide on installing 64 bit SL?

Also, I'm confused on which notebook to buy:

I'm eyeing on the following:

1. ASUS VX5 Lamborghini w/ NVIDIA GeForce GT130M
2. Asus G51 or G60
3. Acer Aspire AS8930-7665
4. HP HDX 16t or 18t
5. Dell Studio 14z [specs: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T9550 (2.66GHz/1066Mhz FSB/6MB cache), 5GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz, 14.0” High Definition+ (900p) Bright LED Display with TrueLife™, Dell Wireless 1515 Wireless-N Mini-card, Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Internal (2.1), Soundblaster X-Fi Hi Def Audio, Back-lit Keyboard, NVIDIA® GeForce® 9400M G].

I would like to go for Quad core (Q9000 etc) and also DDR3 RAM. But, at the same time, going for a 18.4 inch would be a huge (desktop in your hands) which I don't prefer.

I'm a no gamer at all but heavily into DV/HD editing. Do you think Dell Studio 14z would be the best option. If I'm getting Dell 14z, I would also get a external BluRay burner. The two annoying things about Dell 14z is non-availability of quad core CPU and 900p LCD instead of true 1080p (1920x1080).

Also, on your signature, I'm seeing a link for your tutorial. What is that? As someone asked, the best approach is to have a bootable SL on a 8GB flash drive with modified kexts?

Thanks.

Gurruwiwi
09-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Hi,

I will write a step-by-step guide with screenshots as soon as I manage to finish the install. Just three details left. The mystery of audio working then not, SD which I havent even bothered with but I think wont be hard (gulp), and I want to be sure that CPU and Ram are well used for future performance and stability.

I will write a quick "helicopter tour" for the more experienced, I would sure appreciate the help in making a real clone. I've gotten software update to really think this is a macbook pro 5,1 :p

But... Yesterday evening I broke the install AGAIN.. Tried to dual boot Windows 7, trying to fix it now

And I need a filehosting service, because you will need alot of files too.

Be back in a jippy.

paradoxni
09-02-2009, 11:34 AM
to help with installing, ive tried to put my iatkos v7 onto 8gb usb pen.

I used disk utility to partition and format the pen (journaled, 1partition, mbr) and used restore and selected the iso as source and pen as destination.

I can boot with the usb pen, however when the "press ok to continue" screen appears, the touchpad does not work? can i fix this or must i use a usb mouse

Gurruwiwi
09-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Some considerations;

- DO NOT name your new SL account the same as your LEO

- DO NOT try SL on same HDD with Leopard just yet. It doesnt play nice, UUID's get mixed and SL KP's

- You definitely NEED another "mac", be it another PC or another real mac, or like me, switching HD internally or ocasionally booting from e-sata. I still need to run some more tests though, I think my "problem" with e-sata was the faulty drive I used.

- Install will NOT WORK via e-sata. its a KP fest, I dont know why :( tired of swapping HD !! Once installed, that's another story.

- DO NOT USE WESTERN DIGITAL HD - There are know issues with some WD on some Macbooks and Macbok Pro's. I got one last week and it died on me, really weird, I did it no harm at all. I dont know what model I used, if it was or not recommended by Apple, but I'd just steer away from them. Anyways, I find Seagates to be quieter a cooler.

- I will always propose the use of "-v" so if it doesnt work for you, maybe because different model, you get to see where it fails. -v means "verbose" mode, it just shows you the booting codes.

What you need;

- 8GB usb
- SL Install in ISO format, not DVD
- A couple of kexts I will post shortly
- Kext Utility (provided) (script to repair permissions in both S/L/E and E/E)
- ShowAllFiles (provided) (small script that automatically Shows/hides hidden files, like boot.ini, instead of using terminal - very handy!)
- USB keyboard and mouse for installer stage
- Sata to USB or E-Sata enclosure

Procedure:

Step one: Make Bootable USB.

- Basically, format USB stick to HFS+J and restore the SL ISO to stick.
- Install Chameleon 2 rc 1 to USB,
- Copy "A_Tools" folder to USB root
- Run ShowAllFiles script to show hidden files. Delete the boot.ini it creates in root. Copy my provided boot.ini to root of USB.
- This next step is done for USB to be bootable, (and later to SL too)

Go to disk utilities and right click the USB stick, and choose "information"

look at UUID = Universal Unique Identifier... its a long number sort of like this:

6C8999A-3913-3544-80D8-6B8999997BC1

This number identifies the HD, or a partition inside a HD. Every time you ONLY format, the UUID remains. If you Partition or re-partition a drive, the UUID changes!

You will download my files and find a "Extra" folder containing the bootloader files and kexts. Edit them, and after you copy the to USB. Here is how;

You have to edit 3 files to contain the UUID entry, in the files you will find MY uuid inside, so it will be easy to spot. You'll have to put your own in.

Files are;

com.apple.Boot.plist
smbios.plist (I have already edited this to mimic a Macbook Pro 5,1, which have very close specs to 6935g, but still needs some tuning)
PlatformUUID.kext - (right click, show package content, info.plist)

- Delete the Extra folder that Chameleon created in USB.
- Copy "Extra" folder you downloaded and edited to USB

You now have a bootable USB SL installer. BUT, when you boot off the USB, you will ONLY be able to boot with

-v -x32 flags.

If all went well, you will be presented with the SL install procedure.

- Format destination drive to HFS+J
- Install SL, customize and remove all entries, you can download them later if you want.

Now, I must say that the installer normally crashes on me around 75%, just instantly reboots! I just erase partition, start again, and normally it finishes. I have no idea why this happens. Actually, normally its the third time around in finished the install

When install gives you the green "Finished Installing, Reboot ?" - click reboot, but when you see your motherboard display, press your Power button to power off the laptop.

Change HD and boot into your Leo, or use another computer with OSx. Put your SL HD into an enclosure and mount it in Leopard.

Now the procedure is almost identical to the USB BOOT stage.

- Install Chameleon to Snow Leo partition.
- Delete boot.ini files and replace with the one provided
- Delete Extras folder from Snow Leo partition root
- Edit the 3 files for your SL partition UUID
- Copy edited Extra folder to Snow Leo root

- Get your USB stick and copy my folder A_Tools to the root. I called it like that so it shows at the top when you double click to open the USB. Inside will be ShowAllFiles and Kext Utility.

Place you dsdt.aml in root of SL if you want, so far does nothing for me. Myb if I manage to fix dsdt for audio it might, but so far, nothing.

Shutdown and place your SL hard drive into laptop. Power on and boot with this flag

-v -x32 - this is very important! First boot must be 32bit.

If all went well, you're be presented with the intro video and profile creation.
This is when the USB and Keyboard comes in handy, as we dont have PS2 kexts installed yet.

Create profile, and while you do it, put in your USB so its ready when in goes into desktop. When you finish and go into desktop, open your USB stick

THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP IS THIS APPLICATION ! Kext Utility. When
you boot into Snow Leo, the very first thing to do when you see the desktop is to quickly run this app to prevent Kernel Panic! If it does before you manage to run Kext Utility, reboot and try again. Normally the panic comes after 2 or 3 minutes, sometimes 30 seconds.

USB -> A_TOOLS -> Kext Utility
Its takes a couple of minutes to complete, and the permissions in E/E normally fail the first attempt, but the script always manages either the first or the second run. It does this automatically and it even tells you its no big deal. I've never seen it fail, if it does, just run it again.

- When finished, reboot with -v -x32 - If all went well, your almost guaranteed a solid OS

- Reboot, this time with ONLY "-v" flag. This will boot into 64bit!

- Get your leopard string for graphics card, and copy them to E/com.apple.Boot.plist and NOT in L/P/S/ !!

- Copy the provided kexts into Extra/Extension

- Ethernet so far is the only kext you need to install to S/L/E, copy it there, now run Kext Utility again

- Reboot with "-v" flag

You now should have a almost fully working, but really stable SL, with now audio or SD card.

Here are the files, except Chameleon installer

http://www.mediafire.com/?odda0ttjxnz

Gurruwiwi
09-02-2009, 12:42 PM
to help with installing, ive tried to put my iatkos v7 onto 8gb usb pen.

To make the USB bootable, you have to install Chameleon 2 onto USB.

paradoxni
09-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Ok I tried iDeneb v1.6 (10.5.8) and installed using only default options + broadcom driver - booted up fine and Airport icon appeared!!!!!!

then reinstalled it again, only this time followed your guide for iatkos v7 and tried to install the same kexts you mention only in iDeneb, this time NO airport icon - so it must be one of those drivers/kexts that you select during installation that is stopping this 1385 wifi card from workin?!?!

nevermind 1490 card will be hear tomorrow

Gurruwiwi
09-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Welldone my maaaaaaan !!! :D:D

I am so glad !!

Pop in the 1490, its the first of the class that have 802.11a and despite it not being used now, it will in the future = higher speeds. Also, I have much better signal.

Who else was it? Chris? Mind running back the thread to check who was having troubles and send them a "Hi I got it !!" message?

wooooof... tried dual booting Windows 7 and f!cked everything. Even tried haseeb's method, diskparting acvtive bla bla bla. Nada. Thank god the first thing I did was to clone an image of SL to backup with carbon copy cloner.

Just formatted the drive in Leo, installed chameleon 2, opened Carbon, restored, and it boots perfect. Installing kexts I got a kernel panic with snow running fine, but upon a couple reboot + new kexts + repair permissions, it seems fine now.

except damn audio.

sl_mac
09-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Welldone my maaaaaaan !!! :D:D

I am so glad !!

Pop in the 1490, its the first of the class that have 802.11a and despite it not being used now, it will in the future = higher speeds. Also, I have much better signal.

Who else was it? Chris? Mind running back the thread to check who was having troubles and send them a "Hi I got it !!" message?

wooooof... tried dual booting Windows 7 and f!cked everything. Even tried haseeb's method, diskparting acvtive bla bla bla. Nada. Thank god the first thing I did was to clone an image of SL to backup with carbon copy cloner.

Just formatted the drive in Leo, installed chameleon 2, opened Carbon, restored, and it boots perfect. Installing kexts I got a kernel panic with snow running fine, but upon a couple reboot + new kexts + repair permissions, it seems fine now.

except damn audio.

Gurruwiwi,

I have finalized on the HP HDX18 notebook with the following specs:

Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad Processor Q9100 (2.26Ghz, 12MB 6MB L2 Cache, 1066MHz FSB)
4GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm) - For 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 130M
500GB 7200RPM SATA Dual Hard Drive (250GB x 2) with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 130M - For DDR3 Memory
18.4" diagonal High Definition HP Ultra BrightView Infinity Display (1920x1080p)
Lightscribe Blu-Ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD+/-R/RW Double Layer
Webcam + Fingerprint Reader with HP Imprint Finish (Fluid)
Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-card with Bluetooth
Full Size Backlit Keyboard
8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

Couple of questions:

1. Is the quad core supported in SL?
2. I read that GT 130M is supported. Not sure about SL:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t169460.html
3. I want to replace the Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-card with Bluetooth with Dell Wireless 370 w/ Bluetooth card. Will it match and work properly? How difficult is it to remove the Intel card from the HP HDX 18t chassis?
4. Will the backlit keyboard be supported in SL?

No info about what Audio card comes with HDX 18t.

I hope the specs are good for native DV/HD editing.

Please reply.

Thanks.

Gurruwiwi
09-04-2009, 02:27 AM
Hi,

The answer is "yes" to everything. Even non Apple supported hardware is able to work with the right kexts (like drivers in windows). But sometimes, even supported hardware might not work due to small differences in manufacturer. But in a very generalized way and with great degree of certainty, yes to everything.

The thing is to get the right kexts/install method working - tats the difficult part. Once you know how to get your system running, you can re-install flawlessly any time if needed.

If your wireless bus is pci-e, and you r current card is not soldered or rivetted to the board, it is very common practice to swap to a breadcom chip (1390 or 1490, or Atheros even) to have native support. If you dual boot with Windows,just need the right driver.

About the rest, I'm sorry, dont know how to answer. This is a thread specifically for Acer 6935G or very similar, which is what I have, and I am barely able to help myself sometimes ^_^

Start by finding a distro like iAtkos or iDeneb (cannot post links, against rules) and use the search functions! Look for people with similar specs, models, use google too, and read read read. It may be confusing, many new names (Chameleon, dsdt, EFI strings etc etc) but you have to start by trying. Follow a tutorial. And search, and read alot! (yes, redundancy intended for point making)

You can follow this thread line by line, but you cant use the files I provided, nor customize exactly like in my tutorial, because you need specific kexts for your hardware, but basic procedure is fine.

Good luck!

Stiwy
09-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Hi Gurruwiwi,

I using mac os x on my acer from day when I find your tutorial, its maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago, and its in one word just amazing :-D thanks a lot.

Now Im charming with new SL, but I read your new tutorial, and I cant do that, I cant use another mac, or change hardware in my laptop, so my question is, that I can instal SL a little bit easier, without second computer.?

I need solo install, without windows (I dont need this s**t anymore).

I hope, that in future there will be a choice to install easy like with iAtkos v7.

So if there is a choice to install SL without second computer right now, please tell me, or just define the differences between SL and L installation.

Thanks for your advance.

Stiwy.

PS: I solve my problem with WIFI, i just connect to wifi with my iPhone and then connect iPhone to PC :-D and I have wifi connection on PC. :-D So I dont need to buy new wi-fi card :-D Just great :-)

Gurruwiwi
09-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Hi Stiwy.

Paradox found that iDeneb's wireless kexts work well with broadcom chips, while iAtkos dont seem to work for everybody, so that can be a solution.

You are tethering internet from the iphone :) heheh... watch out you dont accidentally connect via 3G and eat up all your download limit.

Right now I would happily settle for the same solution, but for audio. What a headache this is giving me!

But, back to your question. In theory you can insert all relevant kexts into USB stick folder (like A_Tool I created), boot up, change UUID's and install kexts, repair perms and caches, reboot and have a perfect install.
But I must warn you, from what I have experienced, SL is ALOT more sensitive than Leo to KP's, and installs can fail (like Leo) with a wrong move.
I wouldnt want you to erase your HDD and then not be able to boot. Also, dual booting is tricky with SL and Leo, unless you understand UUID's well and play with them so not to confuse the bootloader.
Basically, I do NOT recommend this unless you have a spare drive. I recommend also you DONT erase your working Leo's as it is ALWAYS handy to have.
I bought my new 7200rpm, 320Gb 16mb cache Seagate for 60€ ! I'm no rich man, but I prefer this safety than going out drinking the same amount on a weekend...

I've also give up dual booting. Way too much of a hassle. Booting off e-sata give the same performance, and I'm just using windows for GTA 4 and I hope soon, battlefield 1943 hhaha :)

I know my "quick heli tour to SL" looks long and complicated, but I find it to be quicker and easier than setting up Leo.
I now have an image of my base install, anything goes wrong (I'm dsdt patching, trying kexts, etc), just format drive, install chameleon 2 (first!), delete boot.ini and Extras folder, restore image, fix UUID, reboot and presto!

Look how fast it is... this is restoring to external enclosure via e-sata (sorry you have to tilt you head looool)

http://www.infinitemac.com/%5BURL=http://s310.photobucket.com/albums/kk407/Siraudio/?action=view&current=IMG_0053.flv%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk407/Siraudio/th_IMG_0053.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5Dhttp://www.infinitemac.com/%3Cembed%20width=%22448%22%20height=%22361%22%20ty pe=%22application/x-shockwave-flash%22%20wmode=%22transparent%22%20src=%22http://i310.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid310.photobucket.com/albums/kk407/Siraudio/IMG_0053.flv%22%3Ehttp://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk407/Siraudio/th_IMG_0053.jpg (http://s310.photobucket.com/albums/kk407/Siraudio/?action=view&current=IMG_0053.flv)

A word of warning to everyone though... You cannot believe how many times I've had to re-start from scratch. It is a very lonely operation as no one is joining me in the adventure of SL. Audio is the final frontier, and its a huge b!tch.

I suggest everyone start understanding how to fix dsdt.aml as it looks like you will need it. In the future I hope to make a dsdt that makes this laptop as real and a MBP ! .. I already tricked software update in thinking this was a 5.1 MBP :cool: - asks me to update EFI Firmware lol

gazzacbr
09-06-2009, 09:26 AM
hi guys,
i have been reading this post as i have 6920g with just about everything running under ideneb. just got wifi working by adding a dell 1490 card in 2nd pcie slot with aerial wires (wouldnt work at all in first one) and just left my standard intel where it was. did the pin20 trick so its on all the time as acer whitlisted it to not let me switch when using windows. for dual booting i use 'boot-it' which i highly recommend (no connection) i can set the mbr so that only the one partition to which i am installing an os to is visible. after install you just set other partitions to be seen by each os to suit. i have leopard and 4 different windows plus 2 data partitions with no problems

paradoxni
09-06-2009, 01:21 PM
which custom install options did u choose for ideneb and the 6920G.

It will be interesting to see if the card works in the second slot, thanks for the info

paradoxni
09-06-2009, 03:36 PM
unfortunately 1490 wifi card in second slot + pin20trick + iatkos v7 = Still not working :(

Gurruwiwi
09-06-2009, 03:43 PM
hi guys,
i have been reading this post as i have 6920g with just about everything running under ideneb. just got wifi working by adding a dell 1490 card in 2nd pcie slot with aerial wires (wouldnt work at all in first one) and just left my standard intel where it was. did the pin20 trick so its on all the time as acer whitlisted it to not let me switch when using windows. for dual booting i use 'boot-it' which i highly recommend (no connection) i can set the mbr so that only the one partition to which i am installing an os to is visible. after install you just set other partitions to be seen by each os to suit. i have leopard and 4 different windows plus 2 data partitions with no problems

Hey man!

Please elaborate some more, I'd love to hear it!

But I have a couple of questions.

What are aerial wires? Di you get e second set of those black and white connectors and just hooked up the connectors? If that is so, that might be the reason windows doesnt let you swap cards. try disconnecting the original wifi antennae, leaving the other one active. I have mine still popped in and all windows find the "dell" card and lets me connect no problem.

Also, I didnt do the pin 20 trick on the dell, or the intel card. The second slot doesnt have a killswitch, and since I disconnected the intel wifi antennae+dell is on a different slot, it automatically assumes the dell.

And about boot-it ? Is it a bootloader, didn't understand... I have SL on GUID, how would that work?

Gurruwiwi
09-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Someone please post the broadcom kext that comes with iDeneb for paradoxni ?

The poor man has no internet since install !

paradoxni
09-06-2009, 04:08 PM
i think the broadcom kext is fine, i think its one of the custom install kexts that causes the problem e.g. SMBIOS, nvidia, intel kexts?

if I do a "default" install without following your guide, only the default kexts then airport works.

Gurruwiwi
09-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Hold on... could you explain that again in more detail?

paradoxni
09-06-2009, 05:00 PM
if I install "default" options, e.g. just press continue without pressing customise to add extra drivers/kexts, then the airport icon appears!

Gurruwiwi
09-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Right,

I dont have iDeneb, but your reasoning is not quite right. If you dont customize, it just means you leave the default options chosen by MR.Ideneb himself, so that most PC's boot.

Then you fine tune the system with your machine's kexts.

Reboot iDeneb dvd and check which kexts are selected which are not. If there is a broadcom, there you go. If there isnt, then its using vanilla airport kext. You just need the right kext.

Why dony you install with ideneb, and customize with the rest of my tutorial?

You can even install ideneb, pop in iAtkos dvd and de-select everything, and only choose kexts and install.

You should have no problems whatsoever!

paradoxni
09-08-2009, 01:08 PM
your right the airport appears using default kexts, but obviously doesnt work...

i have now tried installing iatkos and ideneb - many many times and still the wifi card does not work.

I give up

mascal71
09-09-2009, 12:27 AM
Hi mates, im come back after some very busy working days and now my priority is to install SL !!! :-)

Somebody had troubles to install iDeneb distro, I had a fully working ideneb instalation in this way :

First I changed my intel wireless card with a broadcom one then I used these fix

- ACPI Kext 10.5.6
- PS2 Fix
- ICH Fixed
- Battery Management
- NVinject 1GB

No sound
No ethernet

In this way u obtain a solid leopard ... then u have to use voodooHD for sound and AttensicL1 kext for integrated network card .
The broadcom wireless card is for Leo a real airport without install any kext!!!

@Gurruwiwi

I have some questions about your SL installation guide ...

1 - Can I use a SL retail dmg imagine to restore on the usb stick?
2 - I have to format usb stick using GUID?
3 - After I made the bootable usb stick .... how do I boot from the usb? Using F12 ?

... it's late here ... and im falling asleep ... maybe tommorow I will find the answers for these questions on my own :-)

Gurruwiwi
09-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Mascal, welcome back buddy...

SL is solid as a wall of titanium !!

Except when you dont have a rock solid install... As I mess with audio, SL complains a bit. appart from that tampering, I can't rememeber it ever having a hick-up, a stall, a crash, a KP, whatever!

1 - Sure, use the retail dmg and restore to USB stick, pre formatted to HFS+J and GUID.
2 - Before restoring, yes :)
3 - Install Chameleon onto pen drive, the got to pen root and delete "Extra" folder and Boot.ini (I put and app for this in my SL tutorial download files)
4 - Copy my provided USB Extra folder to USB
5 - Copy "boot.ini" to USB...
6 - Not sure it it is really really necessary for boot, but I did it anyways because its real quick and you only have to do it once for that USB stick, which is to fixate the USB's UUID to the three file, sbios.plist, com.apple.boot.plist and PlatformUUID.kext

Then reboot, f12 or ESQ or whatever brings up your "preffered boot menu" or go into BIOS and put USB first... and ther you go!

Gurruwiwi
09-09-2009, 01:30 PM
I give up

Dont do that! This is very normal to happen, and as you learn to solve your problems, you will be able in the future to make better and better installs!

Look, you said you managed to get airport working right? How did you do it? Do it again, and then fix the rest of your install (audio, lan, gfx, etc) - i should be easy!

And We'll be here to help you out. Lets start again, by understanding where you might be going wrong...? Maybe I undesrstood wrong (have to run now) but I have the idea you already managed to get airport working before?

abct
09-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Hi Gurruwiwi ,

I have a HP HDX 16 laptop and I managed to install iAtkos 10.5.7. Everything seems ok except the shutdown and sleep problems. I dont bother having a sleep problem but it's a shame that shutdown doesnt work.

I didnt use the NVEnabler 0.1 (by fassl) + GT200 EVGA driver you mentioned since I couldnt create a string file, in fact I had no idea what actually it is. And you string file didnt work for me. So I installed Ndarwin 1.2.3 driver and after that I had a graphic card working properly, at least it seems to be but shutdown :( it started after installing the driver.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7782/ekrankarti.gif

I wonder if you have shutdown problem with the driver you installed. I just want to try the drivers you mentioned without reinstalling the Leopard. I think if I booted with the dvd and chose only the drivers, that would be ok, right? What parameters should I add? For example is "IOPCIPrimaryMatch" should be add?

My graphic card details is above and I am trying to create a string file using this (http://forum.netkas.org/index.php?topic=222.0) tutorial. What exactly my Graphics.plist file should be look like before creating the string.

In the customisation process, because I used a different tutorial, I chose the same options as you did except the AppleSMBIOS by Netkas and DSDT. I dont know if it is such a big deal. And finally What do you say about the Nvidia 285 driver that is mentioned in this (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=131914&pid=1241118&mode=threaded&start=200#entry1241118) post. Should we update to that?

It has been a one week with mac. So sorry for the simple questions :)

Thanks.

jimmy1987
09-10-2009, 11:56 PM
Gurruwiwi, Can I use this one also as the wireless card for my 6935 and osx ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130307455345

And is there a 64-bit version of iAtkos v7? as in your profile is listed you have 4GB.

Gurruwiwi
09-11-2009, 12:40 AM
Hi abct,

I will answer your question shortly, possibly tomorrow I'm affraid, I rather sit down and write clearly and I cant right now, gotta run.

Hey Jimmy, welcome aboard.

You SHOULD get that card. It native to OSX, rock solid, it the exact same model of many macbook pro's. great signal and a/b/g. There is no Leopard 64 bit, only 32, but it does read 4GB I think...

Anyways, to the the rest of the followers, I have an announcement...

I GOT #%#$&$%/ AUDIO TO WORK !! :D :D

Yes, that means a tutorial will come soon.. (dont rush me, I want to do it with time, images, etc...) - yes, a retail version, Snow Leopard, 32/64bit, everything working, including external mic in.

:-d

jimmy1987
09-11-2009, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the welcome :-d
Ordered the card from ebay now.

I'll wait for the tutorial for SL then as I've been reading through all pages but everything is on different pages which makes following difficult.

But glad too hear you solved it :)

Gurruwiwi
09-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Dont worry... no extra dsdt patching needed. Just plain old voodooHDA did the trick, but since I am not a big pro on the subject, I oversaw a basic concept that is different in SL than L.

yeee-ha!

sl_mac
09-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Gurruwiwi,

You're the man.

I have decided to go with HDX 18t with extreme specs (including GT 130M GPU which I saw has full support for hardware accelerated CI & QE). Eagerly waiting for your step by step guide w/ pictures as you promised. Btw, somebody posted in this thread that Dell Wireless 1490 works with HDX 16t thru pci-e slot. Is this true for 18t too? Also, where does 1490 fit into? In the Express Card /54 slot?

Looking forward to your guide.

Thanks.

jimmy1987
09-11-2009, 05:58 PM
I don't think it will fit in the express card slot as it has a mini pci-e configuration.
The ones who succeeded either took out there original pci-e wlan card from inside the laptop or they have an extra compartment just like the 6935 has.

But in no way it is going to fit in the expreesscard slot ;)

Gurruwiwi
09-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Exactly what jimmy said. Go back in the thread and check out the links to wifi cards, and on the very first post you have pictures.

sl_mac
09-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Got it. I thought it should also work for HDX series.

Thanks anyways.

-sl_mac

abct
09-12-2009, 01:56 AM
Thanks Gurruwiwi,

I am looking forward to your answer. I made a clean install with Nvenabler and GT200 EVGA driver. After editing the string, I got a proper resolution but no QE.

What else should I do?

*By the way, shutdown is fixed.

Gurruwiwi
09-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Hi abct - try removing the enabler. Enablers are supposed to work when you dont have strings - there could be a kext conflict right there, so back it up, delete it, and repair permissions, reboot. Did you create a dsdt.aml file and place in root? ... Graphic strings go in com.apple.boot.plist, look around there are dozens of tutorials... or refer back to post 1 where you can download my plist and edit in your own string.

(for all waiting on SL... grab a chair, I'm loaded with work this weekend, but my "helicopter guide" a couple of pages back will be the main body anyways, so you can start if you know your way around. For easy "I've neer done it before" - you'll have to wait a bit longer...)

robi40
09-14-2009, 01:14 AM
. Delete the boot.ini it creates in root. Copy my provided boot.ini to root of USB.

You mean the Boot file?
Is that the boot file from Chameleon?

Followed your guide and getting still waiting root device error right after AppleUSBEHCI/UHCI error during install.
I have very similar setup same chipset and video card on HP DV7-1020US laptop

Gurruwiwi
09-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Yes, exactly that. When you install Chameleon, it creates a boot.ini file in root.

Sorry mate... is that "waiting for root..." during USB boot or after install boot?

robi40
09-14-2009, 04:59 PM
during USB boot.
Tried to put all kind of USB and chipset related kext to the extra folder from my 10.5.7 partition, but nothing's working.
Patched dsdt file as well.
I feel i'm so close

Gurruwiwi
09-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Hold on, are you trying to boot SL or Leopard?

If its Snow Leopard, you need a different set ok kexts! Did you follow my "quick" SL tutorial a few pages back?

robi40
09-14-2009, 06:43 PM
It's Snow Leopard
I followed your Helicopter guide from page 12, already have working 10.5.7 install

sl_mac
09-15-2009, 04:30 AM
Gurruwiwi,

I think you would have started creating a step by step guide w/ pictures for newbies like me. Eagerly waiting for it..........!!!!!

sl_mac

Gurruwiwi
09-17-2009, 02:34 PM
I started doing it already... should be up soon (not today though....)

robi40
09-17-2009, 07:46 PM
It's Snow Leopard
I followed your Helicopter guide from page 12, already have working 10.5.7 install

Gurruwiwi Any Idea?

q1q1q1q1
09-18-2009, 06:59 PM
hi Gurruwiwi
i'm new, so i don't understand your step of install the graphic card.
my card is geforce 9600m gs, can you explain step by step how to get the string and then
replace it in com.apple.boot.plist?
my book is acer 4930G, now i can't get QE.
thanks very much

Gurruwiwi
09-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Hang in there, I'm working on it. But I am very little time unfortunately. Will be up soon enough

adysaes
09-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Hi there - apols - I'm a relative newbie to this sort of thing so I'm a bit confused. I've followed the guide to the letter (quality stuff by the way!) I then went and installed Windows 7 afterwards. The installation went fine, without any hiccups. I then did the whole diskpart bit. I was then able to boot into Chameleon but can't for the life of me a) find the boot.ini files in Leopard - where exactly do I have to look? I'm a complete newbie so this bit confused me.
b) if I can find the files how exactly do I 'copy the boot.ini files into the root of Windows 7.
This confuses me basically because I don't know where to locate the root for either system. Also I did a search for the boot.ini files on OS X (including logging in as root and showing hidden files) but couldn't seem to locate them.

Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated!!!

Gurruwiwi
09-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Thats a bit of wrong info right there. I'm extremely sorry for that, I sometimes write-up after doing stuff so I don't forget how, and I must have been really tired... that is not a step to do!

Chameleon boot Windows fine! Just have to activate OSX so Chameleon takes boot priority, and you can then choose the other partition (Win7) and it should boot fine. The thing is, I had installed Chameleon onto WIndows partition so I double freaked Chameleon or something. That was how I managed to untie the "double knot" actually.

Sorry about that, off to fix 1st post! Just select Windows and off you go!

But, boot.ini is created by Chameleon (along with Extra Folder) onto the root of the drive you choose it to boot from (like Leopard or Snow). It is hidden so you cannot see it, there are terminal command to show hidden files, or a little script app someone wrote that is in the files I uploaded.

Off to work on the tutorial, school has started so I'll try to post it soon!

Gurruwiwi
09-22-2009, 01:12 AM
Excuse me, was it here that someone asked for an easy Snow Leopard tutorial?

http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide-4-n00bs-with-laptops-specially-crafted-for-t4183/

mascal71
09-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Hi mates .... finally I got it!!!! :-)

I couldnt install SL because ... I used a F#(&$g WESTERN DIGITAL HD!!!!
I readed about it on the Gurruwiwi guide and I forgot it, so I tried many times in several ways to install SN and nothing ... I had to chnage my Hd with a seagate one and everything was fine !!!!

I have only 1 little problem ... I can see the battery indicator on the top bar ... anybody knows how to resolve this?

ferrariturbo
09-26-2009, 04:40 PM
HI, I‘m from china,and i am intrested in MAC OS,my notbook is 6930 842, I followed your steps and it worked, but the only trouble is that i put a 4311 wifi card into my notebook and the original 5100 AGN is still in the solt 1, and after i install the 10.5.7, i found that the 4311 doesn't work, in about this mac, the native airport solt is nothing,no device infomation on it. i don't know how to slove it, could you give me a help?

thank you!!!

hope to hear you soon.:D

Gurruwiwi
09-27-2009, 02:17 AM
Mascal,

All right man! would you please move your post to the SL tutorial? it will make others confident if they hear about success stories, even if was only the WD tip that saved the day ! I'm very glad to hear about it, do talk about how you did it, if we compare info we can refine stuff!

ferrariturbo, I think some people are having that problem with your model and iAtkos kexts. Someone fixed it I think by using iDeneb instead, so I would suggest to first try to get iDeneb's kexts and substitute them, and if that doesn't work, a fresh install of iDeneb will do the trick. Can't you remove the 5100 and put in the broadcom?

Worgen
09-30-2009, 10:21 PM
I'm still new, so please help me out.
I have HP dv2860ee, almost the same specs, but I have nVidia 8400M GS.
It all went ok, it loads, I pass the grey screen with the apple logo and the circle, but then it stops, nothing appears .. just a black screen! Any help please ?

Gurruwiwi
10-01-2009, 09:53 AM
Hi Worgen.

You must interrupt the Chameleon countdown pressing any key, then type "'-v". This removes the apple logo and shows the boot process. When it stalls, you should be able to see what is causing Kernel Panic (KP). Take a picture and post.

What install method did you use?

You symptom seems to be related to NVRESMAN.kext. Before trying anything else, try removing this kext from S/L/E and repair permissions. You should be able to boot, but graphics will not have resolution management.

jimmy1987
10-01-2009, 01:25 PM
Gurruwiwi, I finally got my 1490 wlan card I ordered from Ebay :)
So today or tomorrow I'm going to try installing leopard first as we've got no other macs here and then i'll try installing SL.

I'll keep you posted when I got it too work :)

Worgen
10-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Hi Worgen.

You must interrupt the Chameleon countdown pressing any key, then type "'-v". This removes the apple logo and shows the boot process. When it stalls, you should be able to see what is causing Kernel Panic (KP). Take a picture and post.

What install method did you use?

You symptom seems to be related to NVRESMAN.kext. Before trying anything else, try removing this kext from S/L/E and repair permissions. You should be able to boot, but graphics will not have resolution management.

Thanks, I already solved it, I had a wrong selection of VGA, but it's just onething, I can't get my wireless to work yet, any help about this?
There's also a glitch in the graphics, espicially in scrolling menus :-/ but, I can live with it :D

Gurruwiwi
10-02-2009, 02:15 AM
Gurruwiwi, I finally got my 1490 wlan card I ordered from Ebay :)
So today or tomorrow I'm going to try installing leopard first as we've got no other macs here and then i'll try installing SL.

I'll keep you posted when I got it too work :)

Lock and looooooad ! :cool:

jimmy1987
10-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Gurruwiwi, I've installed Leopard ( I prefer to wait with SL till I can convert one of my other pc's to leopard too as I need a spare to install SL. ;)

With Leopard it is working fine! :) Got full QE/CI, audio works, wifi works ( with the 1490 :cool: ).
But I still got a problem with the SD kext I think it is. Could be because I used kext helper instead of OSXtools :p But I had to reinstall, now made a copy with carbon copy onto my external drive :) Neec to try tonight if it works with osxtools as I've found them now ( osx86tools ).

Keep you posted ;)

But I have another question too.
I'm on a dutch macOSX forum too, Is it alright if I put your guide there and in my own language ( Dutch ). I'll post credits to your post ;)

Worgen
10-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Guys please, isn't there any solution for my wireless to work?
I use Intel Pro/Wireless 2200 802.11b/g Integrated Wireless LAN
isn't there any kext or something to make it work on iATKOS v7 (10.5.7)?

jimmy1987
10-03-2009, 01:18 AM
http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/
Try those :) I don't know how they work or how to are to be installed.
( I'm a hardcore linux man but have just started with macosx :p)

maybe Gurruwiwi can tell you more :)

On the mousepad of the 6935 is it in any way possible to get the tapping on the mousepad working ? I use this alot and now I need to use the buttons, gets confusing sometimes :p

Worgen
10-03-2009, 01:34 AM
Thanks alot, I'll give it a try :)

EDIT: I downloaded it, installed it, but it just didn't work, I got nsGUI & network selector at applications, when I click at the 1st, it doesn't show anything, when I click the second it runs the terminal, but nothing happens!

EDIT2: When I click the networkSelector, it says "Could not get ID for kernel control. 2"
I read the notes at the installation page, someone said to uninstall and install again, but I don't know how to uninstall yet, I'm still a noob in Mac.

Gurruwiwi
10-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Gurruwiwi, I've installed Leopard ( I prefer to wait with SL till I can convert one of my other pc's to leopard too as I need a spare to install SL. ;)

With Leopard it is working fine! :) Got full QE/CI, audio works, wifi works ( with the 1490 :cool: ).
But I still got a problem with the SD kext I think it is. Could be because I used kext helper instead of OSXtools :p But I had to reinstall, now made a copy with carbon copy onto my external drive :) Neec to try tonight if it works with osxtools as I've found them now ( osx86tools ).

Keep you posted ;)

But I have another question too.
I'm on a dutch macOSX forum too, Is it alright if I put your guide there and in my own language ( Dutch ). I'll post credits to your post ;)

Sure thing man! Danke!!

Installing kext in Leopard to S/L/E is really easy. Just drop it in, run Disk Utilities and repair permissions. Thats it. In SL you have to ALWAYS rebuild caches and repair perms.

I also spent some time looking for better trackpad support, but gave up. Too much of a hassle and didnt work properly. In SL i have 2 finger scroll in all directions, but no tapping. I dont really like tapping, except in the new Mac's which is actually a button. I always copy stuff around accidentally, I hate it :) But in new Macs you actually have to press inwards which is cool.

Gurruwiwi
10-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Thanks alot, I'll give it a try :)

EDIT: I downloaded it, installed it, but it just didn't work, I got nsGUI & network selector at applications, when I click at the 1st, it doesn't show anything, when I click the second it runs the terminal, but nothing happens!

EDIT2: When I click the networkSelector, it says "Could not get ID for kernel control. 2"
I read the notes at the installation page, someone said to uninstall and install again, but I don't know how to uninstall yet, I'm still a noob in Mac.

Dont waste time with Intel wireless. People have been trying to write support kexts porting from linux for more that 3 years now, and only got very few of them to do something at all, but not working properly.

Do like jimmy, myself and many many others, buy a broadcom 1490 for native support, it is really cheap

Worgen
10-04-2009, 01:07 AM
Dont waste time with Intel wireless. People have been trying to write support kexts porting from linux for more that 3 years now, and only got very few of them to do something at all, but not working properly.

Do like jimmy, myself and many many others, buy a broadcom 1490 for native support, it is really cheap
Seems like I will, now another problem has popped up .. USB isn't working, partially!
It can't read my flash, my external HD, nor my mouse, in case I plug them when the OS is running. But when I plug my mouse for example before I boot, it recognizes it and it works, but even if I unplug it after Mac runs then plug it again it doesn't work!
Any clue what's causing this?

Gurruwiwi
10-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Worgen,

Sorry, but I have no idea. This thread is specifically orientated for Acer 6935g laptops. I do remember hearing about legacy USB kexts, maybe that will do the trick. Searching for user with your model greatly improves your chances of fixing the problems.

jimmy1987
10-05-2009, 11:31 AM

Is there anyway I can install SL without the need of a secondary leopard or SL version? As I don't have a lot of cash at the moment and I have no money for a second hard drive to try it.
I have Leopard running now so the beginnings I can do with Leopard but when it's time to install SL that's it for me :)
Or can I run this though vmware? I have a lot of experience with vmware so I think I could manage.

And I need a restatement of what works and what doesn't in SL. ( Mic not working fine never use it anyway but things as audio, full QE/CI on vidcard, mediabay etc are vital to me. )

Gurruwiwi
10-06-2009, 11:32 AM
I think there is already a "live" installer distro around, but I would wait a little longer for a ideneb or iatkos distro. 10.6.2 is around the corner with lots of core updates, so that will certainly make a lot of people nervous about updating. They should be poping up soon enough. Otherwise, I dont recommend you doing it until you're more acquainted with how the system is built up. In your case, that will really be quick as OSx is based in Darwin, which is younger cousin to linux.

I hope soon I'll have some time to update the SL tutorial with some new stuff. But basically been running SL rock solid for 3 - 4 weeks. No mic in, no vga out, but 2 finger scroll makes up for that, its awsome. Will be attempting to fix the finer details in the following months. Am in no hurry as I want to do it right, but some stuff shouldn't be that troublesome. No sleep (dont use it anyway), e-sata working perfect, ethernet too, webcam, bluetooth, usb's. Haven't tested HDMI, it should be working as it shows up in system profiler (external monitor, but since vga doesnt work, must be HDMI). Oh yeah, full QE/CI, haven't benchamarkd yet but played a couple of hours of Toca 3 last night, all high, ultra smooth. Haven't bothered with SD cards, rarely use them. Had some issues with some kexts so I just gave that up.

My mbox2 work really well, so if you need audio in until you patch dsdt or new voodooHDA, you get a cheap compatible usb audio card. Many around.

Did I leave anything out?

Jimmy, you said you are linux ninja? That is great because with proper DSDT patching, it makes basically any hardware fully supported with "vanilla" systems, including sleep or bonjour or any other detail. And from the little I know about it, if you create an EFI partition containing Chameleon in it, you achieve a 100% software update proof Mac clone! That means popping in a retail DVD anytime in the future with no extra tweaking!

I am halfway down the dsdt lane, but my linux skills pull me down. If you'd like to take on a slowly paced hobby, in a very short time we can make a method to make our laptops perfect clones.

What do you think? :D

jimmy1987
10-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Not that I know off. Does the normal audio work ? Like I said don't use mic.
Almost never use the VGA out and if I need it I'll switch to Windows 7 for that :)

Maybe I'll try with vmware anyway :rolleyes: Just to see how far I can come. :)

jimmy1987
10-06-2009, 11:54 AM
I'll just post twice what do I care :p
Gurruwiwi, do you have some IM address? ( like msn, icq, aim, google talk etc ) would be much more convenient to talk that way about it.
I didn't say I am a linux ninja butI'm quite experienced with it. :rolleyes:

I'll need some time to look up the dsdt story and how to fabric it. As linux and mac got a lot of things that are the same but also a lot which are not.

But I think it's a great idea!

Gurruwiwi
10-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Oh yeah, audio works great!

Dsdt is actually quite simple. Its the Terminal/console parts and hex editing, compiling and decompiling, that gets in the way. Dsdt, mediator between OS and BIOS, is generated with "errors" (as seen by OSx), that have to be manually fixed. Say audio, got it working perfect, mic in (internal and external), 5.1 spdif etc etc by patching in the proper values for OSx... but that was still in the phase where I still had install stability issues and gave me a headache like you wouldn't believe... (but now I know what I did wrong). Our gfx card is supposed to be easily patchable too.

Dsdt is generated by an automated patcher (by fassl is the most used, automated in iAktos installer) and should create "dsdt.dsl" in the root of your drive. You have to decompile it to "dsdt.aml", fix t, recompile and that's it.

Once you fix everything, if you want you can even flash the bios to contain the new table and actually create a clone, but I will certainly skip that part !!

Basically, its the finding the right information about hardware, and having Terminal skills.

I'll PM you

borce_razor
10-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Hi all. This's my first post here at infinitemac, but i'm not 100% n00b for x86OSX ;) I have played with many versins, ditrubutions, sometimes with success, sometime not etc.

The question, i have this hp probook 4710s laptop with this configuration:
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T5870
(2.00 GHz , 2 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB)
2 x 2048 MB DDR2 800MHz RAM
500 GB, SATA 7200 rpm
Mobile™ Intel® PM45 Express Chipset
Broadcom 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth® 2.0, Marvell Ethernet (10/100/1000 NIC)
1 ExpressCard/34 slot, Media Card Reader, 4 USB 2.0 ports, VGA, stereo microphone in, stereo headphone/line out, HDMI

ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4330, 512 MB dedicated video memory (1024 MB HyperMemory) and 17.3" LED HD+ Anti-Glare (1600 x 900 resolution) + integrated 2 MP webcam

Now I want to install iatkos v7 + win xp or win 7 (machine have some f*ckin linux distribution). I know that this thread is for acer, but does everything will work, like wifi/lan/ graphic card sound etc because just few threads for hp laptops :(

jimmy1987
10-12-2009, 12:35 AM
What kind/type of broadcom does the laptop has?
I think you can get most of it too work. But I think my friend Gurruwiwi can answer that question better then I. :)

Gurruwiwi
10-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Hi borce-razor,

We, the hackintosh community, have reached a stage where anything is possible (still trying to digest how f*cking AWESOME SL runs on my new Dell Mini 9 - unbelievable! )

that being said, you will certainly have a perfectly functional laptop running SL.

You will always have some quirks at first, say... no internal "mic in" or... no sleep.. first boot with crappy gfx.. these three are quite common. But everything is fixable nowawdays, some tweaking is a real pain and quite scary if you've never done it before. Nothing is HW dangerous, but take this with a big grain of salt... But being on a laptop you are safe (talking mainly about desktop speedstep issues where overheating might occur, or if you loose your mind and decide to flash your BIOS to mimic a Macbook)

Do no be scared to try, do NOT have love for any Data you did not backup!

I am have zero ATI knowledge, nvidia alone keeps me too busy to follow. But lately, as of 10.5.7, the only ATI's I've read not to work are from people who did not yet understand how to properly "wake it up". I do not know of any particular model which is more or less troublesome... you might not have hdmi out, or vga out... but all things are fixable to the degree of your computer skill nerdiness.

Intel wireless (amog few other HW here and there) is absolutely NOT going to work (except the ood model which works more or less) - Havind a broadcom is brilliant, especially if its the 1390 or 1490 model. There are loads of Broadcom kexts (drivers), and thant to the Dell Mini family, you will certainly, eventually, wake it up, if not right out of the box!

In any case, being pci-e, will cost 15-20 + a scredriver and 2 minutes of your time to get native airport support.

I would suggest you buy a blank drive to experiment on, anything goes wrong, just re-format and restart, at the end of the day it did not work, pop in your current HD an keep surfing, of keep you legal Windows or favourite game whatever...

I play GTA 4 off e-sata on Vista 32 :cool:

DO NOT try to dual boot at first. Learn the procedure, be sure to install proper, test run the system for a week, dont go all download crazy at first, clone your drive with Carbon Copy Cloner (amazing app and free) to a backup so anything goes wrong, just restore back. Work perfect, unlike Windows.

THEN you try dual booting!

Avoid Western Digital hard drives as MANY models do not work, this is official Apple issue, the website has the listed models, I had problems, mormegil had problems, but one dude over at my SL thread had issues but got it working... I'd REALLY avoid it!

Also, go for Snow!! not "old" Leo :D - much better.

DO IT !! :-d

borce_razor
10-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Thaks so much for this bigggg explanation.

Confus3d
10-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Hi.

Thanks for tutorial.

I have a problem with the drivers, can you help me?

i' ve installed the OS into a USB HD (is a bit slow but its only for try it before install in my 6395g HDD)

I've noty installed your kext because the OS recognize automaticaly my Nvidia card and the resolution, all is fine, but i have a problem with the mousepad.

I've selected Apple PS/2 driver, like you, but my mousepad doesn't work. Im reading how to fix it in internet but i didnt find it. Now i have runed the iaptkos dvd and unselect all and install woodoo PS/2 drivers, but IT DIDN'T WORK!!

What can i do?? An external usb mouse works fine =S

Edit: That is a BIG problem, the touchpad didn't work in windows!! =S Why?? If i have installed the OS X in an external USB HDD

PLEASE!!! HELP!!!

EDIT 2: I've fixed the problem, i dont know how, but now my problem is the keyboard =S He works, but when y press something the keyboard automatically press the End key, that key is always pressed. I want to uninstall the Woodoo PS/2 driver, how can i uninstall it?

songproducer
10-23-2009, 05:48 PM
Hi! I'm just curious as to how you got your Mbox 2 working under the OSX. Did you need to install any drivers?

My issue is my Mbox appears dead (no lights) but I can see that OSX can see it in the System profiler (shows me what version firmware is installed which is pretty neat). However, when I installed Pro Tools 8 (just bought the upgrade), it can't see the Mbox.

I should mention I'm running an Acer Aspire 5920G dual core Intel(R) Core(TM) T5450 which is on the Not Supported list for Windows laptops — Pro Tools LE 8.0 USB Systems.

I was hoping that this Mac OS would trick my Mbox into thinking it could work now. I was thinking maybe I should upgrade my BIOS? Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers!

Gurruwiwi
10-29-2009, 11:55 PM
Wow! Really ? Usb incompatible? what a bummer! If it were FW, ok I would understand, but why USB?

With Protools you automatically install Core Audio, so it should wake up the box, even without launching the program.

Do you have expresscard? You could always make a new USB bus, that might do the trick, but seems a bit far fetched.

Try booting with the box connected

Gurruwiwi
10-31-2009, 04:07 PM
Well,

Just went over to didgesign website to check the compatibility list.

It says "All Acer dual core laptops are not compatible"

Mine work flawlessly! Even the other day I had a 30+ track project I had to do rework on, with PT8, not even a hick-up !

So maybe they were just lazy and said "f*ck Acer, they're crap, have ten million models, so lets just blacklist the whole line to be on the safe side"

That is what it seems to me, ´cos I've got one and it works!

And I'll say it again, I HATE acer in general, but the Gemstone series (or G series at the end of the number) are absolutely fabulous for high end usage. eSata, USB, expresscard (dual fw800 working perfect!), gfx performace... it is absolutely AMAZING, so if this ever get out, Digidesign, you guys are a bunch of lazy wankers that exploit the audio comjunity, and pretty soon you will perish in the deep pits of hell, along with all Windows developers.

I have spoken.

:cool:

sxcevo
11-11-2009, 11:54 PM
hey, first off brilliant guide i followed it all the way it is one of the best guides i have seen. i would like to credit you:) there is just one small thing with the ds card slot and the ethernet, i have installed the sd driver threw osxtools and everytime it keeps saying all my cards are "uknown vender" but that i am not to botherd about i have t flash readers and more reliable usb to sd adaptors:). the main prob i am having is the ethernet driver, i cant install it it is not highlighted in osx tools so i cant click on it if anyone knows any other methord of installing it, please would you mind helping me:). thanks in advance

sxcevo!.

Gurruwiwi
11-15-2009, 11:31 PM
Thanks sxcevo! But why not try my Snow Leo tutorial? Snow is just .. WOW !! :D

You need to know what ethernet you have to find the right kext. Also, put up your PC specs for reference please

Download latest OSx Tools from here http://pcwizcomputer.com/index.php?Itemid=48&id=91&option=com_content&task=view

Then click "View PCI Device / Vendor ID"

It may ask you to install lspci, click ok.

It should read out your ethernet vendor and ID, post it here!

Then we can try to find a proper kext for it, if not, we can try with strings. Have you used string injection in your install?

cheers!

xameleon
12-25-2009, 12:40 AM
i have a big problem
i have acer 6935g-644G32Bn

i have install iatkos 10.5.7 with the check on customize of the first post(i really thanks for the guide :D:D:D)

but when i try to open the laptop im getting black screen
i have remove nvdaresman.kext and its open fine
but only 1024x768 please someone help :/

xameleon
12-25-2009, 01:43 AM
00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Memory Controller Hub [8086:2a40] (rev 07)
00:01.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset PCI Express Graphics Port [8086:2a41] (rev 07)
00:1a.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 [8086:2937] (rev 03)
00:1a.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 [8086:2938] (rev 03)
00:1a.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 [8086:293c] (rev 03)
00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:293e] (rev 03)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 1 [8086:2940] (rev 03)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 2 [8086:2942] (rev 03)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 4 [8086:2946] (rev 03)
00:1c.4 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 5 [8086:2948] (rev 03)
00:1d.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 [8086:2934] (rev 03)
00:1d.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 [8086:2935] (rev 03)
00:1d.2 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 [8086:2936] (rev 03)
00:1d.3 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #6 [8086:2939] (rev 03)
00:1d.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 [8086:293a] (rev 03)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge [8086:2448] (rev 93)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation ICH9M LPC Interface Controller [8086:2919] (rev 03)
00:1f.2 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation ICH9M/M-E SATA AHCI Controller [8086:2929] (rev 03)
00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) SMBus Controller [8086:2930] (rev 03)
00:1f.6 Signal processing controller [1180]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) Thermal Subsystem [8086:2932] (rev 03)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation GeForce 9600M GT [10de:0649] (rev a1)
02:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Attansic Technology Corp. L1 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter [1969:1026] (rev b0)
05:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:4232]
please someone help! this is my system configuration!
happy Xmass!

Gurruwiwi
12-29-2009, 10:29 PM
Just go for Snow Leopard, so much better! check my sig. ;)

TechMeh
01-04-2010, 06:56 AM
Heya!

My First post here, so Hello to All, I'm mainly a windows user, i hate mac! but took a step back and decided to try it on a Computer rather then Apple Hardware,

I myself have a 6935G But having some slight issues. my laptop spec as follows:

Intel C2D P7350 2.0Ghz
4GB DDR3 1066Mhz
320GB HDD
nVidia 9600GT 512mb DDR3 (Overclocked)

I installed it without a hitch installed the provided kexts, ethernet works, sound works (to a degree) not sure about the SD since i dont really use it all that much, but my problem is getting the multimedia touch pad to work, the only function that works is the "Mute" is there any way i can get the volume touch slider to work aswell? as that would be uber cool.

I read that your making a guide to get the audio to work correctly, so i'l wait until then :D

Would love to install SL but dont have the resources to do so! although i did get the SL DVD,

-Callum!

P.S I hope you all had a Good Christmas, and i wish you all a Happy New Year!

TechMeh
01-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Here's How to get the trackpad to work with full functionality, including the scrolling section of the pad and double tap click's, Gestures etc,

1. ApplePS2 (Download (http://www.mediafire.com/?zyznqm5nnhd) Here)
http://www.infinitemac.com/../../images/editor/menupop.gif
2. Install the Kext's ApplePS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext using OSx Tools or Kext Helper, Alternatively they can be loaded in /Extra/Extensions.

3. Synaptics Trackpad.prefPane needs to be installed (double click prefPane; it will get installed in System Preferences under "Other")

4. com.meklort.ps2.helper.plist needs to be placed in /Library/LaunchAgents to save your Trackpad settings after reboot.

5. Under System Preferences Launch up the TrackPad panel and then customize your trackpad preferences to your liking :D

Regards
Callum

Gurruwiwi
01-05-2010, 06:54 PM
TechMeh !!

Well done good man! So soon, great contribution with the trackpad !

I am now soley on a Dell mini 10v running SL 10.6.2 with astonishing performance and not a single non-working issue. sleep, internal mic yadda yadda yadda.

SL is lightyears faster, smoother, better, rock solid... I see no reason why you dont have the resources for it! Just need a USB drive to boot, the files, and off you go! distro Leopard is harder to install than retail SL!

My tutorial looks bigger and tougher, but it is not ! Only quirk is audio, easy to fix with knowledge, time and patience. Or wait for new voodooHDA and stuff.

My multimedia works perfect! calls up Front Row and even controls it ! just be double sure to use latest Chameleon and ICH9 kexts on install (leopard).

Sometimes, I've read when investigating my HW and BIOS updates, even in Windoze, it freezes. you have to unplug the AC, remove the battery for 5 minutes, and boot up. Its a know 6935G bug that even the latest BIOS update doesnt seem to fix. But, I only flashed to fix the wrong system bus frequency usage (I think it locked at 800 not 1066)

The thing that REALLY annoys me is that this PC is incredibly potent for its class, but VT technology is purposedly disabled in BIOS by ACER, not manufacturer, and BIOS updates do NOT address this.

This does not permit you to virtualize in 64bit, which is a load of CRAP ! I was SO looking forward to use this, one of the main reasons I'm abandoning this laptop. I know there is a workaround, but I am in no way reverse engineering the BIOS code like some tutorials around...

anyways, bla bla bla.... sorry :D

TechMeh
01-06-2010, 11:08 AM
:)

The touch pad worked all along, it just doesnt work using your finger to slider up and down :D

Shame about the VT being disabled, i might look into it and see if i can come up with something,. although i dont think the processor i am using (P7350) is supported..

Ile also look into SL, but i dont have a big enough memory stick, but i read another guide saying i needed to use a diffrent machine that has leopard already installed, and it also seemed time consuming for what it was... but shall read your guide more in depth.

Just need to work on the sound in my 6935G since the subwoofer is not functional so the sound really is tiny.

Regards

guillermohor
08-04-2010, 01:34 PM
i have a 9630g too with snow leopard and a atheros9281. i have read that ist supported but it doesn´t work. I think that sl doesn,t recognize the pcie port.

ferrariturbo
08-05-2010, 05:23 PM
I did everything that you said, and IT WORKS like a charm!. Installed it on the same 6935g model, had another partition with xp, and now it dual boots falwlessly, just that i have to change it form bios into ide mode whenever i want to enter windows, and ahci mode whenever i wanted to enter leopard. Many thanks for this tutorial !!
Now i just have to add the strings for the graphic card.

There is an easy way, you can install the AHCI drive for your win xp, with the driver your can also speed up your xp.