PDA

View Full Version : [How-To] Snow Leopard Retail (10A432) on P5K-E Wifi A/P -64 bit mode

Pages : 1 [2]

lancelotu
09-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi!

Hello!
I have followed some of your guide and got my network to run(THANKS :-* ). It all seems to run stable at 64bit. However, I can not get the sound working.

I have installed snow loepard using Chameleon RC2 v3 and used these Kext :
AD1988b.Fix.kext
SleepEnabler.kext
fakesmc.kext
OpenHaltRestart.kext
Disabler.kext

Setup:
Asus P5K-E WIFI
E6750 @ 3.4 GHz
4GB RAM
250GB SATA HDD
GeForce 7300LE 256mb

Where do I find my "DSDT.aml" ? The replacement, just drag and drop?

Sincerely Joey (:

apologize for bad English

You need small tool named iasl to decompile and compile your DSDT.aml to DSDT.dsl and the other way around .

to get the DSDT from your system you need another script called getDSDT.sh

You can get your "starter kit" here :678, just download it and put it on your Desktop

I included a copy of my DSDT.dsl ( use it only for comparison don't drag and drop on your system it will not work ! )

to get your DSDT from your system open terminal and go to to your "starter kit" aka tools directory

e.g

cd Desktop/tools/

./getDSDT.sh

you will now have a new file called dsdt.dat . you can't modify this so you have to decompile it first

./iasl -d dsdt.dat

and you should see something like this :

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
AML Disassembler version 20080926 [Oct 4 2008]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2008 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

Loading Acpi table from file dsdt.dat
Acpi table [DSDT] successfully installed and loaded
Pass 1 parse of [DSDT]
Pass 2 parse of [DSDT]
Parsing Deferred Opcodes (Methods/Buffers/Packages/Regions)
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
Parsing completed
Disassembly completed, written to "dsdt.dsl"

and now you can modify the newly created dsdt.dsl (you can also compare it to the one i added in the "starter kit" to see where are the differences )

just open it with a text editor and add your patches ( read about patching ad1988b here (http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/snow-leopard-gm-10a432-on-p5k-e-wifi-t3380/post30994.html) and when you finish adding, just recompile the file with this command:

./iasl -ta dsdt.dsl

if everything goes well you should see this:

ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20080926 [Oct 4 2008]

ASL Input: dsdt.dsl - 10047 lines, 335962 bytes, 4861 keywords
AML Output: dsdt.aml - 37950 bytes, 1074 named objects, 3787 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 47 Optimizations

and you will have a file called dsdt.aml in your directory . Just drag this file on your root volume and restart

how yooou doin' :D

adrianmak
09-16-2009, 11:47 PM
anyone with asus p5k-e wifi-ap motherboard, tried time machine ?
with the on-board network card work with time machine ?

Snoc
09-17-2009, 12:10 AM
anyone with asus p5k-e wifi-ap motherboard, tried time machine ?
with the on-board network card work with time machine ?

Hi!

DSDT Time machine fix:

Insert this:

Device (GIGE)
{
Name (_ADR, Zero)
OperationRegion (GPIO, SystemIO, 0x0800, 0x06)
Field (GPIO, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
{
GO01, 8,
GO02, 8,
GO03, 8,
GO04, 8,
GO05, 8,
GP9, 1
}

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
{
0x09,
0x03
})
Method (EWOL, 1, NotSerialized)
{
If (LEqual (Arg0, One))
{
Or (GP9, One, GP9)
}
Else
{
And (GP9, Zero, GP9)
}

If (LEqual (Arg0, GP9))
{
Return (Zero)
}
Else
{
Return (One)
}
}
}

In the next section of Device (P0P9):

Device (P0P9)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001C0005)
Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Return (GPRW (0x09, 0x04))
}

Method (_PRT, 0, NotSerialized)
{
If (PICM)
{
Return (AR09)
}

Return (PR09)
}

******INSERT HERE*****

}

Thanks to Gringo Vermelho

adrianmak
09-17-2009, 04:45 AM
Many thanks all of you from this post.

I have an annoying minor problem starting from using leopard.
The Asus P5K-E wifi/ap has two eSATA ports which controlled by jmicro controller. One of the eSATA port is connected to an HDD enclosure.

I found that when the hdd enclosure is online (powered on) it will slow down the bootup time (i.e. bootup time took longer) and the hdd enclosure icon will not display on the desktop. To show it, I have to power off and on.

anybody experience this issue ?

adrianmak
09-17-2009, 04:49 AM
Hi!

DSDT Time machine fix:

Insert this:

Device (GIGE)
{
Name (_ADR, Zero)
{
GO01, 8,
GO02, 8,
GO03, 8,
GO04, 8,
GO05, 8,
GP9, 1
}

{
0x09,
0x03
})
{
If (LEqual (Arg0, One))
{
Or (GP9, One, GP9)
}
Else
{
And (GP9, Zero, GP9)
}

If (LEqual (Arg0, GP9))
{
Return (Zero)
}
Else
{
Return (One)
}
}
}

Are those inserted code for timemachine fix is apply for all network card ?

Snoc
09-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Are those inserted code for timemachine fix is apply for all network card ?

It is for the built-in only

Kind regards,
Snoc

joeytribbiani
09-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Would like to thank Lancelotu for a very nice guide!:-* Everything seems to run perfectly stable without kernel panics ^_^
http://macnyt.dk/gallery/images/picUploads/125321743712402178.jpg

OG-Phantom
09-20-2009, 08:21 AM

The Asus P5K-E wifi/ap has two eSATA ports which controlled by jmicro controller. One of the eSATA port is connected to an HDD enclosure.

I found that when the hdd enclosure is online (powered on) it will slow down the bootup time (i.e. bootup time took longer) and the hdd enclosure icon will not display on the desktop. To show it, I have to power off and on.

I thought it was just me, I am experiencing this same issue. I am still looking for a fix...

lancelotu
09-21-2009, 05:19 AM
I thought it was just me, I am experiencing this same issue. I am still looking for a fix...

I don't use eSATA but i remember an update of JMB controller in the latest bios. Did you use the latest bios version ?

Also your console or boot in verbose says somenthing about that?

adrianmak
09-21-2009, 05:39 AM
I don't use eSATA but i remember an update of JMB controller in the latest bios. Did you use the latest bios version ?

My motherboard's bios version is 0703. Should I regenerate a new dsdt file after updating a bios ?

OG-Phantom
09-21-2009, 06:43 AM

I think your correct on that.... I had totally forgotten about upgrading my bios about 2 months ago (and that's when this pretty much all started with the esata hd). While I was getting ready to upgrade to SL (and I bought a bigger HD for timemachine at the same time), I also flashed to 1005. This whole time I was thinking it was either the HD or SL... But, it just maybe the new microcode for the jmicron bios in the bios update....

adrianmak
09-21-2009, 08:03 AM
I just tried updating bios to the latest version 1305. SL booting still slow while eSATA hdd enclosure is online and no eSATA hdd drive show up, of course. No help with updating bios version :(

walterav
09-26-2009, 08:44 PM
About the dsdt sata/usb "builtin/sleep" fix...

Is the restart and shutdown time good with this new fix by SNOC, the old dsdt usb fix, had a really long delay? Do all six internal sata ports work, and does e-sata works and still show as external? Than this would be the final patch...

walterav
09-27-2009, 08:26 PM
dsdt sata and usb fix: update

Restart and shutdown times seems to be normal...
I noticed that wake from usb "keyboard/mouse" also works at the moment "10.5.8", no more wrong usb volume eject/unmount when waking from sleep. I also noticed that usb3 in dsdt is not patched at all is this correct? BTW usb3 also doesn't show up in Systemprofiler...

spitz
09-30-2009, 04:58 AM
I'm using patched DSDT + AD1988.fix.kext to get the audio on my P5K-E working. So far I have audio, but sometimes its skipping, which is really strange to me. This causes some
"IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: VBL too high (24135221), capping to 20000000" messages to appear in the kernel log. In the DSDT I have the USB, RTC/HPET fixes too.

Has anyone experienced such problems or is there a know fix?

kjun5huo
09-30-2009, 06:33 AM
Restart and shutdown delay can be fix by remove AppleHEPT.kext from S/L/E.

VenimK
10-01-2009, 05:59 AM
Been trying several tut 's.
but still my snow won 't boot completely :(

Using a P5K deluxe.
Do i have to choose AHCI for my drives or IDE ?
Wich are the right kexts ?

do i need e DST.aml file ?

walterav
10-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Been trying several tut 's.
but still my snow won 't boot completely :(

Using a P5K deluxe.
Do i have to choose AHCI for my drives or IDE ?
Wich are the right kexts ?

do i need e DST.aml file ?

Since you have a other motherboard, first start comparing the chipsets used. Please make a list of harddisk/sound/ethernet/wifi/firewire etc chipset.

The second thing to do is change bios settings, therefor your windows if you installed may not boot anymore until a good re-install or reset of bios settings. Take the bios settings from my post a couple of pages back, its a attachment.

The third thing todo is install/pathing.

BTW

Lancelotu

Could you add a link to my or maybe your bios settings on your first page? This is where all the trouble and joy starts, a good bios setup! after that you can go on the the next step of osx86 and start installing and messing around with bootloaders and drivers/patches. Using your guide without good bios settings won't get a rooky started.

walterav
10-02-2009, 12:24 PM
ubuntu 9.10 beta amd64:
restart after sleep/wake is finnaly working! So now its only something related the osx86. Anyone any progress :p ???

fishcow
10-02-2009, 01:48 PM
I have found that restart/shutdown after sleep only works for me in 32 bit.
in 64 bit - I get some kind of noise loop from my audio card and it refuses to shutdown or restart - have to hit the power button - but this only happens after sleep.
Restart and shutdown works perfectly well in 64 - but not after sleeping

walterav
10-02-2009, 10:59 PM
shutdown always worked fine for me... only restart after wake needed a hard reset!

oldnapalm
10-05-2009, 06:02 AM
here is my dsdt file with fix for : (Graphic) - (Audio) - (Sata) and (Sleep fix)

Hi.

Could you please point where is the sleep fix in your DSDT?

Edit: I got it, it works! Just a note: I see you patched EHCI devices too, for me it worked just patching the 6 UHCI devices.

Thank you.

I have the same MoBo, attached is my dsdt.aml with SpeedStep fix. Just add _CST method under _PR.CPU (all CPUs) and remove IRQs from devices RTC, TMR and PIC to avoid sound stuttering. Then set model identifier to "MacPro3,1" in smbios.plist and remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

From http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181631

Oblique
10-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Hey guys,

Please can you help me with this thing, I've try all DSDT methods from this post and I cant fix it. I was trying with different compilers, different DSDT patchers and still i didn't menage to fix this thing. Whenever I try to compile DSDT SATA Fix I got following error:

/Users/oblique/Desktop/dsdt try/dsdt.dsl 3662: DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Error 4063 - Object does not exist ^ (DTGP)

Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 13 Warnings, 22 Remarks, 47 Optimizations

I dont know what Im doing wrong, please help.

Thanks in advance.

O.

oldnapalm
10-06-2009, 01:01 PM
/Users/oblique/Desktop/dsdt try/dsdt.dsl 3662: DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Error 4063 - Object does not exist ^ (DTGP)

Hi.
You have to add method DTGP (in any location, preferably right after the Headers)

DefinitionBlock ("./dsdt.aml", "DSDT", 1, "A0905", "A0905002", 0x00000002)
{
Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)
{
If (LEqual (Arg0, Buffer (0x10)
{
/* 0000 */ 0xC6, 0xB7, 0xB5, 0xA0, 0x18, 0x13, 0x1C, 0x44,
/* 0008 */ 0xB0, 0xC9, 0xFE, 0x69, 0x5E, 0xAF, 0x94, 0x9B
}))
{
If (LEqual (Arg1, One))
{
If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
{
Store (Buffer (One)
{
0x03
}, Arg4)
Return (One)
}

If (LEqual (Arg2, One))
{
Return (One)
}
}
}

Store (Buffer (One)
{
0x00
}, Arg4)
Return (Zero)
}
}

omargoa
10-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Hi.

Could you please point where is the sleep fix in your DSDT?

Edit: I got it, it works! Just a note: I see you patched EHCI devices too, for me it worked just patching the 6 UHCI devices.

Thank you.

I have the same MoBo, attached is my dsdt.aml with SpeedStep fix. Just add _CST method under _PR.CPU (all CPUs) and remove IRQs from devices RTC, TMR and PIC to avoid sound stuttering. Then set model identifier to "MacPro3,1" in smbios.plist and remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

From http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181631

Hi
Have you problem with the shutdown restart ?
it take a long time for me in black screen

oldnapalm
10-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Hi
Have you problem with the shutdown restart ?
it take a long time for me in black screen

After waking from sleep the computer doesn't restart, stays at black screen after "MACH reboot", but I don't have problem with shutdown (using OpenHaltRestart.kext). If the computer doesn't go to sleep, restart works fine.

EXistation
10-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Hi.
Sorry for my english.
I have this mobo ASUS P5K-E WIFI/AP.
Can you help me with DSDT.aml File wich has all fixes, excepte video fix. I have GF 8800GT and she works perfect with "Strings" and with DSDT too.
All I need is "pure" with all fixes DSDT for my mobo.
And one thing. When i have 4 gigs of ram my (old geberated) dsdt file works good, but when i repleced 1 gig, i am not able to boot in os!?!?! Why? Is the a section in DSDT for number RAM? (4 gigs, 6gigs 2gigs)
Can any one give me a DSDT.aml for my mobo with all fixes? Please ))):)
And route me to section (in DSDT.AML) wich corespond to number of amount RAM )))
My email [email protected]

kpkp
10-10-2009, 06:50 PM
I have a question for the users of the ASUS P5K-E wifi, does your jmicron controller recognize the IDE devices?
if yes, what kexts are u using and what BIOS version and settings...THX

justluke
10-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Hello everyone

Thank you all for your contributions to this guide. I have been able to follow it piece by piece and now have a sometimes-functional SL install on my P5K-E.

I am having a couple problems that I don't seem to be able to find answers to here, so far.

The first one, and I feel that it is really simple and I just missed the boat - is the WiFi. I haven't heard mention of it outside of something related to "RealTek drivers". I missed the boat here, I have no idea where my WiFi is.

The other boat I missed is the /Extras folder. Currently in my Snow HD /Extras is empty :S

I was able to get SL to boot with no flags once, but after a restart it would hang. I don't have the error anymore, something about AppleAHD maybe? I reinstalled as per the guide, and it would boot again only the one time before I would lose it. Renira's situation seemed similar at first, so I attempted to use KextUtility but it would only time out. I also have been unable to repair disk permissions for SL. It says something about packages not installed.

Snow Leopard also shows my Nvidia GTS 8600 as unknown 32mb.

I've read so much and learned so much that my brain is quitting on me. I am hopeful that one of the generous contributors here will be able to collect my thoughts and point me in the right direction.

Thanks to all for your contributions thus far, and all those to come.

luke

My system:
P5K-e Wifi
Core 2 duo 2.6
4 GB ram
Nvidia GTS 8600
2x SATA HDD - 1 for Leo and 1 for SL
1x SATA DVD+/-RAM

lancelotu
10-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Hello everyone

Thank you all for your contributions to this guide. I have been able to follow it piece by piece and now have a sometimes-functional SL install on my P5K-E.

I am having a couple problems that I don't seem to be able to find answers to here, so far.

The first one, and I feel that it is really simple and I just missed the boat - is the WiFi. I haven't heard mention of it outside of something related to "RealTek drivers". I missed the boat here, I have no idea where my WiFi is.

I don't use the built in wifi adapter and I think a lot of people doesn't, so that's why you won't find anything related, here. The chipset inside your p5k-e wifi/ap is Realtek 8187L you can download and try the drivers for 10.5 here (http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=1&PFid=1&Level=6&Conn=5&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true#RTL8187L). I don't know if they are working with 10.6 in 64 mode, maybe you can tell us after.

The other boat I missed is the /Extras folder. Currently in my Snow HD /Extras is empty :S

I was able to get SL to boot with no flags once, but after a restart it would hang. I don't have the error anymore, something about AppleAHD maybe? I reinstalled as per the guide, and it would boot again only the one time before I would lose it. Renira's situation seemed similar at first, so I attempted to use KextUtility but it would only time out. I also have been unable to repair disk permissions for SL. It says something about packages not installed.

Please use Chameleon 2 RC 3 as bootloader read more about extra folder and get it here (http://chameleon.osx86.hu/articles/chameleon-20-rc3-with-snow-leopard-and-large-disk-support)

Snow Leopard also shows my Nvidia GTS 8600 as unknown 32mb

Did you added your strings in com.apple.boot.plist ?

I've read so much and learned so much that my brain is quitting on me. I am hopeful that one of the generous contributors here will be able to collect my thoughts and point me in the right direction.

Don't give up now when you're so close to a perfect HacPro. Back to learning !

lancelotu
10-11-2009, 08:42 AM
I have a question for the users of the ASUS P5K-E wifi, does your jmicron controller recognize the IDE devices?
if yes, what kexts are u using and what BIOS version and settings...THX

Yes this JMicronATA.kext recognize both my IDE HDs . put it on /Extra, if you use chameleon 2 RC3 and restart with -f flag

Make sure that you set your bios /ONBOARD devices/ jmicron controller to enabled and in IDE mode . Bios version = last one

kpkp
10-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Yes this JMicronATA.kext recognize both my IDE HDs . put it on /Extra, if you use chameleon 2 RC3 and restart with -f flag

Make sure that you set your bios /ONBOARD devices/ jmicron controller to enabled and in IDE mode . Bios version = last one
Maybe your BIOS version is the key, since ASUS says:
P5K-E/WiFi-AP BIOS 1305
1. Update JMB controller Option ROM.

I have the 12.02 bios, it recognizes the ide HD but it fails to mount it, if i try to format it i get a input/output error...

EXistation
10-12-2009, 02:39 AM
This http://rs651.rapidshare.com/files/278205051/pk5-e_snow_essentials.zip archive (from the first post) does not have a DSDT file. Folder "P5k-e DSDTs with audio, USB and SATA FIX" is empty. Where I can download this DSDT.aml?

lancelotu
10-12-2009, 05:04 AM
This is the updated version of snow essentials. If something is missing or should be added or modified, please let me know. I don't have much time lately and since my system is working, I didn't changed anything in a while.

Get the snow essentials v2 here (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P30TMV75)

EXistation
10-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Thanks. I got it. But i can not boot os with your dsdt. I think ram is problem. I have 4gb (2x2). Where in dsdt i can change this settings?

lancelotu
10-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Thanks. I got it. But i can not boot os with your dsdt. I think ram is problem. I have 4gb (2x2). Where in dsdt i can change this settings?

Of course you can't, my dsdt.aml is only there for comparison. Always use your dsdt and maybe copy only parts that you are interested in.

Cheers

EXistation
10-13-2009, 01:58 AM
can you made DSDT for me? I dont understand ACPI lang.
I have this mobo
Q6600 CPU
2x2Gb Ram.
Thanks.

wilsonlpc
10-13-2009, 08:04 AM
Thank you for all the input and effort here. I have a P5K-Premium mobo and get all components work after reading this thread. But the only matter remaining is that the volume of the Microphone is extremely low! I almost can't hear my voice in Skype or other apps even though I shout out laud. I am sure I select the right input device, for me it is "external mic", 'cause I can hear some noise if i blow into the mic. Has anyone solved this issue? Please help me out here, thanks a lot!

Oblique
10-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Hi.
You have to add method DTGP (in any location, preferably right after the Headers)

Thanks man! Sorry for late reply, I was offline for some time. I managed to fix it, but still I have some warnings and remarks. But its working. Thanks once again. Cheers!

If someone know how to get rid of those warnings and remarks, please share it! Thanks. :)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 2754: Name (_T_0, Zero)
Remark 5110 - Use of compiler reserved name ^ (_T_0)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 2835: Name (_T_1, Zero)
Remark 5110 - Use of compiler reserved name ^ (_T_1)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 8494: Acquire (MUTE, 0x03E8)
Warning 1104 - Possible operator timeout is ignored ^

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 8538: Acquire (MUTE, 0x0FFF)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 9501: Method (VGET, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning 1087 - Not all control paths return a value ^ (VGET)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 9546: Method (TGET, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning 1087 - Not all control paths return a value ^ (TGET)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 9599: Method (FGET, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning 1087 - Not all control paths return a value ^ (FGET)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 9630: Store (VGET (Local0), Local1)
Warning 1092 - Called method may not always return a value ^

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 9705: Store (FGET (Local0), Local1)

lancelotu
10-17-2009, 07:55 AM
Thanks man! Sorry for late reply, I was offline for some time. I managed to fix it, but still I have some warnings and remarks. But its working. Thanks once again. Cheers!

If someone know how to get rid of those warnings and remarks, please share it! Thanks. :)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 2835: Name (_T_1, Zero)
Remark 5110 - Use of compiler reserved name ^ (_T_1)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 8494: Acquire (MUTE, 0x03E8)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 9599: Method (FGET, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning 1087 - Not all control paths return a value ^ (FGET)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 9705: Store (FGET (Local0), Local1)

For those who like messing with DSDT I am sure you'll love this application called DSDTSE from EV0sx86 Team

Inside you have a list of errors and what to do when they appear

Example of an error you have from DSDTSE app:

dsdt.dsl 4220: Acquire (MUTE, 0x03E8)
Warning 1103 - ^ Possible operator timeout is ignored

in this error, the value of MUTE must be changed from 0xXXXX to 0xFFFF

Acquire (MUTE, 0x03E8)

Converts to:

Acquire (MUTE, 0xFFFF)

it must be replaced where ever it gives error.

or another one :

dsdt.dsl 255: Method (_BTP, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning 2019 - ^ Not all control paths return a value (_BTP)

In this case, the solution consists on using the returned value of \ECFL and then add it in place of "Debug"

Change this line:

Store ("_SB.CMB0._BTP", Debug)

to this:

Store ("_SB.CMB0._BTP", 0x0F)

Grab your DSDTSE app (version 1.24 English) here (http://uploaded.to/file/22ce19) and pay a visit to their site (http://www.osx86.es/) from time to time for updates.

Thanks to Ev0sx86 Team for their wonderful work.

Ole !

cyberroller
10-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Hi

My motherboard : ASUS P5E + 8800 gts 512

here is my dsdt file with fix for : (Graphic) - (Audio) - (Sata) and (Sleep fix)

Hi, I have the same board, but other Grafik - 9800GT.

Can you help me identifying the video section in yours dsdt for changing it with mine?
Do i need this at all? I think EFI-strings are enough, so i just want to remove the video section and use your dsdt on my system..

Thanks!!

justluke
10-24-2009, 02:50 AM
Hey Guys!!!

Thanks so much for the help you've already provided. I am now running mostly functional vanilla installation of 10.6.1.

I have a new set of challenges however that I've yet to find answers for. After much searching, I thought I might just ask here.

The first and foremost - Segmentation faults with VLC. Depressing, as I just purchased this very shiney, very large and very expensive 21.5" 1080i 16:9 display. :'(

Secondly, the display! It's even less likely that someone here will be able to help, but even after going through the settings like crazy I am finding that the colours are A) too washed out or B) too DARK in iTunes/Quicktime video! Simultaneously, too! As in, I will be watching my beloved Samantha Carter in iTunes, and she will be too shadowy, while the iTunes interface itself is washed out and pale. A few more runs through the display calibration utility and its feeling better.

Has anyone encountered something similar? As before, any input would be very much appreciated.

Maybe a little more information would be helpful. Console gives me the following...

09-10-24 12:12:51 AM [0x0-0x16d16d].org.videolan.vlc[2365] [0x10060cdc0] main interface error: no interface module matched "globalhotkeys,none"
09-10-24 12:12:51 AM [0x0-0x16d16d].org.videolan.vlc[2365] [0x10060cdc0] main interface error: no suitable interface module
09-10-24 12:12:51 AM [0x0-0x16d16d].org.videolan.vlc[2365] [0x1002120f0] main libvlc error: interface "globalhotkeys,none" initialization failed
09-10-24 12:12:51 AM [0x0-0x16d16d].org.videolan.vlc[2365] [0x1002120f0] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.
09-10-24 12:12:51 AM [0x0-0x16d16d].org.videolan.vlc[2365] m_el[mi_level] == NULL
09-10-24 12:12:51 AM [0x0-0x16d16d].org.videolan.vlc[2365] arrrrrrrrrrrrrg Up cannot escape itself
09-10-24 12:12:52 AM [0x0-0x16d16d].org.videolan.vlc[2365] [ass] Init
09-10-24 12:12:52 AM [0x0-0x16d16d].org.videolan.vlc[2365] [ass] Fontconfig disabled, only default font will be used.
09-10-24 12:12:53 AM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[86] ([0x0-0x16d16d].org.videolan.vlc[2365]) Job appears to have crashed: Segmentation fault
09-10-24 12:12:53 AM ReportCrash[2370] Saved crash report for VLC[2365] version 1.0.2 (1.0.2-6-g0b0e63a) to /Users/Sentinal/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/VLC_2009-10-24-001253_Lukes-iMac.crash

Searching for a workaround, I've started using the flashy though heavy DivX for Mac. It plays my HD MKV, but 1080i is out of the question. It just skips constantly - running the same file in VLC on my old Core 2 Duo 2.16 iMac actually produced better results. Though it arguably works, the DivX player produces this console information..

09-10-24 12:05:58 AM [0x0-0x16c16c].com.divx.DivX_Player[2342] Sat Oct 24 00:05:58 Lukes-iMac.local DivX Player[2342] <Error>: kCGErrorIllegalArgument: _CGSFindSharedWindow: WID 2870
09-10-24 12:05:58 AM [0x0-0x16c16c].com.divx.DivX_Player[2342] Sat Oct 24 00:05:58 Lukes-iMac.local DivX Player[2342] <Error>: kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGSRemoveSurface: Invalid window 0xb36

Thoughts, feelings, hopes for solutions? I loves me my HD, don't want to give it up!

luke

lancelotu
10-24-2009, 08:12 AM
Hey Guys!!!

Thanks so much for the help you've already provided. I am now running mostly functional vanilla installation of 10.6.1.

I have a new set of challenges however that I've yet to find answers for. After much searching, I thought I might just ask here.

The first and foremost - Segmentation faults with VLC. Depressing, as I just purchased this very shiney, very large and very expensive 21.5" 1080i 16:9 display. :'(

Secondly, the display! It's even less likely that someone here will be able to help, but even after going through the settings like crazy I am finding that the colours are A) too washed out or B) too DARK in iTunes/Quicktime video! Simultaneously, too! As in, I will be watching my beloved Samantha Carter in iTunes, and she will be too shadowy, while the iTunes interface itself is washed out and pale. A few more runs through the display calibration utility and its feeling better.

Has anyone encountered something similar? As before, any input would be very much appreciated.

Maybe a little more information would be helpful. Console gives me the following...

Thoughts, feelings, hopes for solutions? I loves me my HD, don't want to give it up!

luke

Do you have Perian (http://www.perian.org/) installed ? Try to use quicktime, with perian installed for 1080 videos. (do a restart after install)

Or you can try this:

Open VLC go to Preferences, switch from BASIC to ALL in the left bottom corner , then expand Input/Codecs , expand Other codecs, go to the last one, FFmpeg then there you wil see "Skip the loop Filter for H.264 decoding" set to "None"

Change that to "Non-ref" or "None-key" or if this won't work try with "All"
Please note that this will reduce a bit the quality, specially when you select "ALL"

I am curious if this will do the trick, I don't remember where I read this...

Menno87
10-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Thanks for your guide. I have got everything working on my Asus P5K-Premium but I would like to know if it can get some more vanilla or that this is "it".

On my EFI boot partition I have now these kexts in my extra/extensions folder.

AD1988bFix.kext --> Really needed
AppleYukon2Injector.kext --> Possible to add Marvell Yukon 8056 in dsdt? [ETH0 is pretty dead without it but snow leopard recognizes both ETH0 and ETH1 no led activity though)
fakesmc.kext --> Really needed
OpenHaltRestart.kext --> Without no shutdown/reboot (Black after HALT doesn't do anything) fixable with dsdt?
PlatformUUID.kext --> Possible to edit in DSDT?

My Geforce 8800 Ultra works with an EFI string in my com.apple.boot.plist file but is this possible to add to the dsdt file?

Then another question; There is very slow LAN detection, It takes up to half an hour to see some other hacks/macs and no windows computers. This is normal?

justluke
10-24-2009, 01:56 PM
Thanks lance!

The first thing I tried was Perian. I have Perian 1.1.4 installed, however I can not open *.mkv with Quicktime. When choosing from the Open With... I can't select Quicktime. Or if do it the other way, open Quicktime and try to drag and drop or File> Open... the *.mkv in question, it doesn't let me!

I also attempted what you asked me with VLC and unfortunately it produced the same results in Console.

Outside of this issue, I don't think I am having any problems other than the mouse lag issue. For some reason I can't get that resolved :P

Thanks again everyone

lancelotu
10-25-2009, 07:25 AM
Thanks lance!

I also attempted what you asked me with VLC and unfortunately it produced the same results in Console.

Thanks again everyone

Ok what if you change in VLC/Preferences/Video/Output modules "Default" to "OpenGL video output? And if this won't work have you considered already plex (http://www.plexapp.com/) and mplayer (http://mplayerosx.sttz.ch/) ?

justluke
10-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Thanks again lance. I really wish I could get VLC to work, but I'll happily take the work around. I was originally going to use this machine as a media centre so I have Plex and it works great, though the controls are unideal for a desktop user. I'm downloading Mplayer now to give that a shot, too.

Thanks again!

lancelotu
10-26-2009, 07:23 AM
Outside of this issue, I don't think I am having any problems other than the mouse lag issue. For some reason I can't get that resolved :P

Sounds crazy but did you already seen this (http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/how-to-install-snow-leopard-on-a-pc-t3137/post37231.html), this (http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/how-to-install-snow-leopard-on-a-pc-t3137/post37946.html) and this (http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/how-to-install-snow-leopard-on-a-pc-t3137/post38205.html) ?

justluke
10-27-2009, 03:27 AM
Hahaha wow, no I did not see that. Nothing is too crazy for me Lance. I'll give that a shot and let you know!

justluke
10-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Hey Gang here's a real good one for y'all

What's everybody using for Bluetooth? I pre ordered my Magic Mouse last week and I'm getting all excited now that they're apparently shipping.

Then I thought, Balls! I don't have bluetooth!

I know that you can get a USB dongle on eBay for less than three dollars, but even still to purchase that and find only that it doesn't work... big waste of three dollars and a lot of time.

So if anyone is using a specific brand or model that they'd recommend, please let me know! And then I'd be happy to report back on how the Magic Mouse works!

fishcow
10-30-2009, 10:57 PM
Thank you for all the input and effort here. I have a P5K-Premium mobo and get all components work after reading this thread. But the only matter remaining is that the volume of the Microphone is extremely low! I almost can't hear my voice in Skype or other apps even though I shout out laud. I am sure I select the right input device, for me it is "external mic", 'cause I can hear some noise if i blow into the mic. Has anyone solved this issue? Please help me out here, thanks a lot!

Just wondering if you have upped your input levels in the Audio Midi
Setup.app ?
You can find it in Applications/Utilities.
I get good results recording from both mic inputs and also from line-in.
Good luck

night_rider
11-02-2009, 07:02 AM
This thread has absolutely been the most helpful thread on my long road to a stable SL install. Thank you so much.

I've had a hackintosh for some time. I was a distro kiddie for a long time; Kalyway mostly. They ran well but I think it was going from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7 that I lost my Mac partition for a few months because I tried to take an Apple System Update. Well that was enough to convince me that a vanilla install was the path to take.

A vanilla install has meant going from a simple distro to Chameleon bootloader and DSDT patching. I'm pretty happy with the results. Here's where I'm at now:

Asus P5K-e (bios 1202)
2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo
4GB 800MHz DDR2
disabled JMicron ATA in bios

Completed:
vanilla install
Chameleon install
DSDT patch for: audio, USB, SATA

To Do:
DSDT patch for: Time Machine, Sleep, Speedstep
uninstall 7900GS/install Radeon 4670
double-check RTC fix was in my last dsdt edit
move to EFI partition

As I've lumbered along I did encounter some things that befuddled me. Here are some residual questions I'd like some feedback on:

1. /Extra/Extension.mkext

My DSDT.aml file would not work for the longest time but as soon as I built an Extensions.mkext I suddenly had sound. Is this a necessity? The Chameleon documentation seems to make it optional.

2. DSDT.aml vs dsdt.aml

Must this be capitalized? Is a specific key entry in com.apple.Boot.plist necessary? (ex: r(2,1)/Extra/DSDT.aml

3. EFI Strings... um where?

Ok. I used OSX86Tools to get my 7900GS running. Worked fine but everytime I look at /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist my efi strings are not in there. I do a spotlight search for com.apple.Boot.plist and none of the ones on my hard drive have the strings? What the heck is OSX86Tools patching? Where are my EFI strings? I need to know to uninstall my 7900GS and stick in the new card.

I know it's a stupid question but I just could not find the edit anywhere.

4. Kextcache on EFI partition

Through this process, to protect my OS install, I've experimented on a spare USB drive before implementing a change on my production partition. The only difference between the two is that USB drive has boot and /Extra on the EFI partition.

After I had success with an Extensions.mkext I attempted to create one on my USB EFI partition but got all kinds of ownership errors on the /Extra/Extensions. I never could create the Extensions.mkext there.

I did chmod/chown the EFI contents. I believe the kextcache command went something like:

sudo kextcache -v 1 -t -l -m /Volumes/EFI/Extra/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/EFI/Extra/Extensions

Thanks again for a really great thread. I feel like I can see the finish line.

lancelotu
11-02-2009, 09:05 AM
A vanilla install has meant going from a simple distro to Chameleon bootloader and DSDT patching. I'm pretty happy with the results. Here's where I'm at now:

Asus P5K-e (bios 1202)
2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo
4GB 800MHz DDR2
disabled JMicron ATA in bios

Completed:
vanilla install
Chameleon install
DSDT patch for: audio, USB, SATA

One of the most important details and the one I always have to ask :
What version of Chameleon are you using ? rc 2 rc3 ? If you are using other than Chameleon 2.0-RC3 (http://chameleon.osx86.hu/articles/chameleon-20-rc3-with-snow-leopard-and-large-disk-support) please install this version before you continue reading.

As I've lumbered along I did encounter some things that befuddled me. Here are some residual questions I'd like some feedback on:

1. /Extra/Extension.mkext

My DSDT.aml file would not work for the longest time but as soon as I built an Extensions.mkext I suddenly had sound. Is this a necessity? The Chameleon documentation seems to make it optional.

Here is how this works:
In order to have sound working you need to do 2 things: put a dummy kext called AD1988BFix.kext either in /SnowVolume/Extra/Extensions or SnowVolume/System/Lybrary/Extensions AND add some strings in your DSDT.aml.

You don't have to do a new Extensions.mkext just because you modified something in your DSDT.aml, but because you have added a new kext (AD1988Fix.kext)
That's why your sound started to work after you rebuild your new Extensions.mkext.

About the Extensions.mkext and system extensions.

Extensions.mkext it's a cache of your current set of kexts . Every time you start your"mac", the system will load the extensions from this Extensions.mkext to avoid reading all the kexts and improve the boot time. That's why when you change something in your kexts, add new one(s) or delete some, it's mandatory to let your system know that by either deleting Extensions.mkext and forcing the system to build a new one with your current kext or, my favorite method : booting with -f option. When you boot with -f option the system will read the /Extensions folder, will load the new or modified kexts, if there any and will rebuild the Extensions.mkext.

2. DSDT.aml vs dsdt.aml

Must this be capitalized? Is a specific key entry in com.apple.Boot.plist necessary? (ex: r(2,1)/Extra/DSDT.aml

NO and NO, just make sure that your dsdt.aml or DSDT.aml is located on the / (root) of your SnowVolume and it will be loaded (if you're using chameleon rc3 you can also put it in /Extra)

3. EFI Strings... um where?

Ok. I used OSX86Tools to get my 7900GS running. Worked fine but everytime I look at /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist my efi strings are not in there. I do a spotlight search for com.apple.Boot.plist and none of the ones on my hard drive have the strings? What the heck is OSX86Tools patching? Where are my EFI strings? I need to know to uninstall my 7900GS and stick in the new card.

I know it's a stupid question but I just could not find the edit anywhere.

You have two "com.apple.Boot.plist" one located in /Extra and one located in /SnowVolume/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

Did you checked both ? Also, if you are using chameleon rc3 you can add

this :

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>y</string>

to your com.apple.Boot.plist and let the bootloader detect your graphic card.

4. Kextcache on EFI partition

Through this process, to protect my OS install, I've experimented on a spare USB drive before implementing a change on my production partition. The only difference between the two is that USB drive has boot and /Extra on the EFI partition.

After I had success with an Extensions.mkext I attempted to create one on my USB EFI partition but got all kinds of ownership errors on the /Extra/Extensions. I never could create the Extensions.mkext there.

I did chmod/chown the EFI contents. I believe the kextcache command went something like:

sudo kextcache -v 1 -t -l -m /Volumes/EFI/Extra/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/EFI/Extra/Extensions

Thanks again for a really great thread. I feel like I can see the finish line.

sudo kextcache -v 1 -t -l -m /Volumes/EFI/Extra/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/EFI/Extra/Extensions will give you a permission error only on those kext that you add or modified isn't it?

You can solve that by moving the kexts that you want to add or modify in

/Volumes/EFI/System/Library/Extensions/

chown and chmod them, repair disk permissions with Disk Utility ( or with terminal since you've just chmod and chowned):

diskutil repairpermissions /Volumes/EFI

and then
sudo kextcache -v 1 -t -l -m /Volumes/EFI/Extra/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/EFI/System/Library/Extensions should work.

OR if you have Chameleon RC3 installed put the kexts in /Extra/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions and reboot with -f option

softtester
11-03-2009, 07:07 AM
Thanks for this wonderful guide. I have 10.6.1 is fully working on P5K-E/WIFI but i have only one small issue. I can't wakeup the PC by click mouse or by keyboard key. I have to press power button to wake up from sleep.

Is any one having similar issue, can't wakeup with keyboard or mouse? Please help.

Many Thanks.

night_rider
11-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Thanks for this wonderful guide. I have 10.6.1 is fully working on P5K-E/WIFI but i have only one small issue. I can't wakeup the PC by click mouse or by keyboard key. I have to press power button to wake up from sleep.

Is any one having similar issue, can't wakeup with keyboard or mouse? Please help.

Many Thanks.

There's a DSDT edit to help sleep. Have you applied that yet? If so, do you have the wake from sleep options ON in your bios?

night_rider
11-03-2009, 11:21 AM
One of the most important details and the one I always have to ask :
What version of Chameleon are you using ? rc 2 rc3 ?

I'm using Chameleon 2 RC3 currently. I may have to move to a beta PC EFI to get my Radeon 4670 running.

You have two "com.apple.Boot.plist" one located in /Extra and one located in /SnowVolume/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

Did you checked both ? Also, if you are using chameleon rc3 you can add

this :

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>y</string>

to your com.apple.Boot.plist and let the bootloader detect your graphic card.

Thanks. The EFI strings were in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/. I copied them to the Boot.plist in my /Extra folder as well. Not sure how these are read so I tried to cover both bases.

(Mostly did this due to panics in 64-bit mode from GeForce....kext and NVDAN.... kexts. Copying the device string didn't help or hurt.

sudo kextcache -v 1 -t -l -m /Volumes/EFI/Extra/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/EFI/Extra/Extensions will give you a permission error only on those kext that you add or modified isn't it?

You can solve that by moving the kexts that you want to add or modify in

/Volumes/EFI/System/Library/Extensions/

chown and chmod them, repair disk permissions with Disk Utility ( or with terminal since you've just chmod and chowned):

diskutil repairpermissions /Volumes/EFI

and then
sudo kextcache -v 1 -t -l -m /Volumes/EFI/Extra/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/EFI/System/Library/Extensions should work.

OR if you have Chameleon RC3 installed put the kexts in /Extra/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions and reboot with -f option

This was something different but your comments lead me in the right direction. I read the man page on diskutil and found an enableownership flag that fixed the issue.

Since posting I've applied the RTC clock fix to my DSDT and the Time Machine fix. The sleep fix appears confusing but I think I can work it out by comparing others DSDT.dsl files. I'm not sure about Speedstep.

I tried to install my 4670 but got errors and put up a post on insanelymac hoping netkas will see it and comment.

Thanks again.

softtester
11-03-2009, 01:51 PM
There's a DSDT edit to help sleep. Have you applied that yet? If so, do you have the wake from sleep options ON in your bios?

Thanks man, i forget to turn the wake from sleep option enable for USB in the BOIS. I enabled this option in the BIOS......vola...i can wake with mouse or keyboard now.

Only issue now is after wake i can't restart..... i have to hard reset with power button.

Shutdown/Restart works if computer hasn't gone to sleep.

Thanks a lot

justluke
11-04-2009, 01:31 AM
@Softtester
Do you have the SleepEnabled.kext in place? I have never had a problem restarting with this guide. The only challenge is that sometimes the machine goes black, and takes up to 30 seconds start up again.

kpkp
11-04-2009, 09:13 AM
I was wondering if there is someone using a modified dsdt to enable native speedstep on this board?
Since voodoopower doesnt work with a 64bit kernel its the best solution... So i was wondering if someone can post a dsdt with the mods for sleepsteep.
Thx

lancelotu
11-04-2009, 10:12 AM
I
I tried to install my 4670 but got errors and put up a post on insanelymac hoping netkas will see it and comment.

So you have already seen this (http://netkas.org/?p=284) and it doesn't work ? Because I was thinking to buy one for myself

softtester
11-06-2009, 10:31 PM
@Softtester
Do you have the SleepEnabled.kext in place? I have never had a problem restarting with this guide. The only challenge is that sometimes the machine goes black, and takes up to 30 seconds start up again.

Yes, i have SleelpEnabled.kext in /S/L/E. I can restart the system without any issue.... but i can't restart after computer comes from sleep...... Sleep/Wakeup work ed.

OG-Phantom
11-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Yes, i have SleelpEnabled.kext in /S/L/E. I can restart the system without any issue.... but i can't restart after computer comes from sleep...... Sleep/Wakeup work ed.

This is a known issue, and not just for Asus boards.

OG-Phantom
11-06-2009, 10:43 PM
I have attached a updated copy of all the kexts, DSDT and my smbios and com.apple.boot.plist. For anyone to use, hope it helps. I have a uncompiled copy of my DSDT for anyone to look through included in the zip file. I have tried to apply all the patches that I could find that are usuable on the P5K. If anyone can help with the jmicron showing up as "Unknown AHCI Standard Controller" I would appreciate it!

BTW, everything is 64bit friendly. I boot in 64bit kernel mode by default. :D

justluke
11-07-2009, 06:08 AM
Magic Mouse works flawlessly incase anyone was wondering :D!

lancelotu
11-07-2009, 01:41 PM
If anyone can help with the jmicron showing up as "Unknown AHCI Standard Controller" I would appreciate it!

I think you need this : 893

lancelotu
11-07-2009, 01:44 PM

Did you tried the EvOreboot.kext (thanks to EvOTeam)

lancelotu
11-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Magic Mouse works flawlessly incase anyone was wondering :D!

I was wondering... Is it strange to use ? Did you get used quickly with the new way of using the mouse ?

justluke
11-07-2009, 07:58 PM
@lancelotu it took me about 15 minutes to get used to it, and i had been using a retractable mini laptop USB mouse for two months. I LOVE the magic mouse. I find that I don't use the left-right swipe as much, as it's a bit awkward, my hands are kind of clammy most of the time and theres a little to much friction, i keep moving the mouse instead.

That being said, I do miss my button 4 squeeze from my old mighty mouse, and wish that similar functionality was built in to this device.

On another note, I can't seem to get chameleon to boot anymore. I can boot up using a bootthink usb stick but Chameleon gives me a KP as soon as it starts. Far as I can tell, -f and -x flags are not helping, and there doesn't seem to be anything obvious in the kp when i use -v.

I imagine it has something to do with my kexts, but I'm not really running anything fancy. There's nothing in my /extras, either.

Thoughts?

lancelotu
11-08-2009, 04:37 AM
... I can't seem to get chameleon to boot anymore. I can boot up using a bootthink usb stick but Chameleon gives me a KP as soon as it starts. Far as I can tell, -f and -x flags are not helping, and there doesn't seem to be anything obvious in the kp when i use -v.

I imagine it has something to do with my kexts, but I'm not really running anything fancy. There's nothing in my /extras, either.

Thoughts?

Here is my first thought

Which version RC2, RC3 ? RC2 with a 1TB hdd maybe? :D

justluke
11-08-2009, 07:39 AM
It should be RC3, and I do not have a 1TB drive. My collective hard drive space is approx 700. I have had trouble installing bootloaders recently. The RC2 installed pkg fails, manual installation doesn't seem to want to happen either. But using a packaged version of the RC3 it looks like I was able to at least get the bootloader to start again, but it KPs just like before.

Edit: I think I need to start fresh with the bootloader situation entirely. I don't really know how to do that, the most I have been able to find regarding uninstalling a bootloader is to simply install a new one on top of it. But that makes me nervous.

placebo81
11-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Hi guys my first post here. Great, really helpful forum. I have a question: I want to instal Snow but I was wondering if anyone knows how to get working line in audio input? Is it possible at all on this board?

@justluke Mouse came with a usb dongle right? :)

OG-Phantom
11-08-2009, 08:22 PM
I think you need this : 893

lancelotu, again you prove you are a genius! Thank you, that worked! :D

justluke
11-09-2009, 12:11 AM
@ placebo81 It did not, sadly. I purchased a Kensington Micro USB Bluetooth adapter and have been using that. I have since ordered a number of these devices from eBay for a quarter of what I paid for this one device at a retail store, but hey what can ya do.

Once you get the software update downloaded your machine will need to restart and after that you are golden.

FYI once more, after getting the mouse friday night, and using it a standard weekend amount, the battery still reports 100% charge.

night_rider
11-09-2009, 08:17 AM
So you have already seen this (http://netkas.org/?p=284) and it doesn't work ? Because I was thinking to buy one for myself

I did see that. It was why I bought the card. Well that and Newegg had a $30 rebate from MSI.

I'm working through issues with the install. Do you know if I have to generate a new DSDT when I install new hardware like a graphics card? I'm having issues with the install not allowing a boot and I'm not sure if it's the DSDT or the beta PC EFI that netkas released. Thread HERE. (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=195569)

On my other to do lists I did move my boot and /Extras to an EFI partition with no issues.

I attempted to edit my DSDT for the sleep fix but am getting errors on compile I have to work through even though the edits match the guide and also Omagoa's posted dsdt.

If I get through all of that I have yet to implement the Speedstep dsdt edits.

Maybe then I can relax until the release of 10.7.

placebo81
11-09-2009, 03:38 PM
I did it. I have some problems but first to say ThaNK YoU guys for this AmaZinG stuff. OG-Phantom man I could kiss you, I just used your dsdt and ad1988bfix.kext from page 4 and my frackin line-in works. I've been playing with amplitube for last two hours, couldnt put my guitar down. Works great, better than asio4all that i have to use in windows. Man Im so happy.

OK I calmed down

Now the bad part. :) I can only boot with -x64 -v -f if I left "-f" it hangs
ACPI_SMC_Platformpluginn: : registerLPCdriver - warning device initialization failed: c-power management not initialized
and it stops there.

Also when i type -x64 -v -f and it actually manages to start it takes some time from chameleon screen to OS. Messages about sound driver fail that go something like this "sound assertion "0 ==pathmap driver instance failed at line 172...." fill about two full screens just before it starts SL.
But when it starts it works great. Sound works, Corel Paiter 11 works. Updated 10.6.1 no problems but i must have i really messed something.

Heres what I did:
Instaled chameleon 2 rc3 package on snow partition.
Instaled SL.
added OG-Phantom dsdt to SL root. Added ad1988b.fix from the same package, fakesmc, sleepenabler and openhaltrestart from kexts 64 bit folder

terminal:
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/*
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*

restart -x64 -v -f

Thanks again ppl.

placebo81
11-10-2009, 02:01 PM
OK I kinnda solved it
Long boot was due to waiting for dsmos
After repairing permisions it's gone.
Updated to 10.6.2 . Added netkas fakesmc v2
Now it boots 17s and that is still at least 3 times longer than 10.5.7
it says
Please convert the following to launchd: /etc/mach_init.d/dashboardadvisoryd.plist
than after about 5sec HD activity
systemshutdown false
also last message is kernel FakeSMC: key info not found TCBH, length – 1
can U help me with that?

Apart from boot time everything works great as far as I can tell

oniijin
11-11-2009, 06:59 AM
Hi all, first off thanks for the detailed write up!

I've been going thru the forums trying to install SL. I currently have 10.5.7 running. I've tried installing SL about 8 times now, but keep getting "waiting for root" during boot.

I've tried swapping out the ioatafamily (i think that's the name) kext but still nothing. A screenshot is attached. Any help would be great!

Thanks

asus p5k deluxe
SATA HDD
IDE DVDR
Vid: 8800+8600

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/578/photomx.jpg

VenimK
11-11-2009, 07:31 AM
After several try 's, i could install SL on my P5K deluxe. With MyHack INstaller
Then starting with DSDT, and now it works kinda OK (i guess)

It seems to boot a lot faster then without DSDT.aml file.
but when i create a DSDT.
i have several errors, i can 't seem to fix.

./dsdt_fixed.txt 9575: Method (VGET, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning 1087 - ^ Not all control paths return a value (VGET)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 9620: Method (TGET, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning 1087 - ^ Not all control paths return a value (TGET)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 9673: Method (FGET, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning 1087 - ^ Not all control paths return a value (FGET)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 9704: Store (VGET (Local0), Local1)
Warning 1092 - ^ Called method may not always return a value

./dsdt_fixed.txt 9746: Store (TGET (Local0), Local1)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 9779: Store (FGET (Local0), Local1)

ASL Input: ./dsdt_fixed.txt - 10011 lines, 335014 bytes, 4836 keywords
AML Output: ././dsdt.aml - 37884 bytes, 1068 named objects, 3768 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 6 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 47 Optimizations

kext installed
AHCIPortInjector.kext
FramebufferDisabler.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
LegacyAppleRTC_32bit_Only.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
OpenHaltRestart.kext
PlatformUUID.kext
SleepEnabler.kext
fakesmc.kext

Asus P5K deluxe
Sata AHCI
ATI X1300

Could anyone help me out here

VenimK
11-12-2009, 04:09 AM
Hi all, first off thanks for the detailed write up!

I've been going thru the forums trying to install SL. I currently have 10.5.7 running. I've tried installing SL about 8 times now, but keep getting "waiting for root" during boot.

I've tried swapping out the ioatafamily (i think that's the name) kext but still nothing. A screenshot is attached. Any help would be great!

Thanks

asus p5k deluxe
SATA HDD
IDE DVDR
Vid: 8800+8600

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/578/photomx.jpg

Did you use also the

/Extra/Extensions/AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext
Won 't boot without that if your in IDE.

Ive used MyHack installer, and worked from the first time here
http://osx86.sojugarden.com/installer/
Give it a shot, and keep us informed

oniijin
11-14-2009, 07:01 AM
oops...it seems I forgot to set AHCI in bios. it boots up yay. then I spent an hour trying to get my dual vid cards to work. they're working now, but no quartz or anything and if I try to play video it's all laggy. I'm thinking maybe it's something in my dsdt that needs to be updated? I'm running a 8600 and 8800.

any help would be appreciated! I think just this one thing before SL is stable enough to use full time. =]

lancelotu
11-15-2009, 09:21 AM
when i create a DSDT.
i have several errors, i can 't seem to fix.

./dsdt_fixed.txt 9575: Method (VGET, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning 1087 - ^ Not all control paths return a value (VGET)

./dsdt_fix ........
Could anyone help me out here

Have you read post #240 ? (http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/how-to-snow-leopard-retail-10a432-on-p5k-t3380/post37552.html)

lukelovett
11-20-2009, 04:59 AM
Hi all, firstly, thanks to the OP. You have helped many!!

Can someone help me on my issue using Vanilla on P5k-e?

I have had a beautiful 10.6.1 installation until i updated to 10.6.2. Now i get an instant Kernel panic as soon as i select OSX in the Chameleon boot loader. I used Chameleon RC3.

What are other forum members using as the boot loader to boot into 10.6.2 (using Kernel Version 10.2.0)?

The only way i can get it to work is to use the 10.6.1 mach_kernel (version 10.0.0)

Thanks in advance

lancelotu
11-20-2009, 05:14 AM
Hi all, firstly, thanks to the OP. You have helped many!!

Can someone help me on my issue using Vanilla on P5k-e?

I have had a beautiful 10.6.1 installation until i updated to 10.6.2. Now i get an instant Kernel panic as soon as i select OSX in the Chameleon boot loader. I used Chameleon RC3.

What are other forum members using as the boot loader to boot into 10.6.2 (using Kernel Version 10.2.0)?

The only way i can get it to work is to use the 10.6.1 mach_kernel (version 10.0.0)

Thanks in advance

What graphic card ? Can you boot in -x32 ?

lukelovett
11-20-2009, 12:31 PM
Hi Lancelotu

No, -x32 does not work. Evga GTS250

The only hint i do get is in the KP text, it makes a reference to dsmos. Any ideas?

fishcow
11-20-2009, 03:45 PM
I updated to 10.6.2 and boot using Chameleon 2 R3.
I think you need fakesmc to get around dsmos issue

I had to remove sleepEnabler first.
Then I just made sure fakesmc, Disabler and NullCPUPowerManagement was in: /Extra/Extensions.
Also have the newer version of SleepEnabler

lukelovett
11-21-2009, 09:36 AM
Thats it! I got rid of dsmos.kext and used fakesmc, and it booted! Thanks again!!

lidas
11-21-2009, 05:54 PM
I have a problem
Wifi not work with snow 64 bit mode
I have a mobo P%K-E WiFi
you have any solution thanks

fishcow
11-21-2009, 11:14 PM
I have a problem
Wifi not work with snow 64 bit mode
I have a mobo P%K-E WiFi
you have any solution thanks

AFAIK, there is no solution for Wifi 64 Bit for the built-in Realtek on the P5K-E.
Drivers and Utility application are 32 bit only.

lukelovett
11-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but Temp Sensors now work with the release of FakeSMC from Netkas (Great work! - all credit to Netkas!) I use istat menus to put the temps in the menu bar.

BTW, P5K-E is a great board for overclocking, so this is a very useful addition.

Lancelotu, maybe you can update the Kext Pack?

Snoc
11-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Hi!

There are a new kext "OSXRestart.kext" by Master Chief that solved my restart after wakeup issues. If you try this you have to remove OpenHaltRestart.kext and EvOreboot.kext

Kind regards,
Snoc

kjun5huo
11-24-2009, 08:44 AM
Snoc//OSXRestart.kext works good. I try reboot after wake up from sleep,It works good.
Thank you for your Information.

wilsonlpc
11-27-2009, 06:45 PM
lancelotu, can we talk about Speedstep here? My board is P5K-P, with E5200 cpu. The cpu always runs at full speed. I have no idea how to make it Speedstep enabled.

Goron
11-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Is it possible to get speedstep to work while CPU is overclocked at all?

lancelotu
11-29-2009, 07:47 AM
lancelotu, can we talk about Speedstep here? My board is P5K-P, with E5200 cpu. The cpu always runs at full speed. I have no idea how to make it Speedstep enabled.

Anything related to P5K Series is welcome

lukelovett
11-29-2009, 10:24 AM
has everyone's sleep stopped working since 10.6.2 and the new sleepEnabler.kext?

wilsonlpc
12-02-2009, 06:12 PM
During boot-up, I receive "CST evaluation failed" and "C-state power management not initialized" information. how to get rid of it?

tungnhi
12-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Help me , i have ASUS rampage x48

All working now so smooth , Sleep n' Ethernet dont work , i tried to add kext AppleYukon2Injector on this theard ... no result . SL knows good hardware Marvell , but she got Failed IP address .

EX: my IP : 192.168.2.5

but sign only 169.x.x.x also cant get internet .

How can i do to fix this mfs ?

fishcow
12-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Hi!

There are a new kext "OSXRestart.kext" by Master Chief that solved my restart after wakeup issues. If you try this you have to remove OpenHaltRestart.kext and EvOreboot.kext

Kind regards,
Snoc

OSXRestart does solve the restart after sleep issue, however I can't get Shutdown to work if I remove Ev0reboot.
Apparently you can fix this in DSDT - but I have no idea :)

Snoc
12-03-2009, 03:45 PM
OSXRestart does solve the restart after sleep issue, however I can't get Shutdown to work if I remove Ev0reboot.

I get shutdown plus restart working using Ev0reboot and OSXRestart together. I have added both extension to /Extra/Extension

I hope this worked for you

Kind regards,
Snoc

gp-se
12-09-2009, 11:46 PM
hey guys great guide, I'm running snow leopard 10.6 right now, if I update to 10.6.2 what do I need to do exactly?

rokmc820
12-16-2009, 04:52 PM
can't use speedstep to P5K-E board?
I used P5K-E wifi and Q9550. always fixed CPU clock(2.84GHz)
Who find a solution?

gp-se
12-19-2009, 05:54 AM
anyone able to get time machine using this method? I've updated to 10.6.2, but time machine doesn't backup anything.

kcar
12-21-2009, 05:15 AM
Hi
In the guide it says to run the DSDTPatcherGUI after install but I can't find that on the 2009.zip package found on the link? What did I miss?
Cheers

cyborg28
01-10-2010, 08:40 PM
My dsdt file that i'm posting here have all USB, SATA and Sound Fix. I Hope this works for you as well as me. All credits goes to the people who posted here. I only can say a big thank you to all of them

Kind regards,
Snoc

Many Many Thanks.

I have spent 3 Days trying to follow this:

[GUIDE] Snow Leopard on P5KE WIFI P5K-E 64bit vanilla, 2nd UPDATE. NOW WITH RC3. (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=184446)

But could only get sound working via DSDT Patching. Sleep would not work no matter what I tried.

I used your DSDT.aml file straight up with no changes now sound, sleep and HDD icons are working right.

If others have a P5K-E Wifi I suggest trying this DSDT file FIRST!!!

I am not a programmer or expert by any means, but I have been Hackingshing since 10.4.8 and this Snow Leopard is the most Trouble I have had.

Thanks again!

Cyborg.

P5K-E Wifi BIOS 1202 +C2Q6600 (Sound Network HDD, IDE DVD, jmicron Sleep all working. Wifi Not Tested.) Working via Guide link + Snoc DSDT
XFX 8800GT 512MB / G92 Working Via EFI_Studio

Rave
02-03-2010, 08:33 PM
what about SPDIF, I have bad sound to, I used VoodooHDA + 1988B kext
is it real to fix SPDIF?
p.s. analog line out also makes ugly noise

walterav
02-04-2010, 10:09 AM
what about SPDIF, I have bad sound to, I used VoodooHDA + 1988B kext
is it real to fix SPDIF?
p.s. analog line out also makes ugly noise

Why use voodooHDA and 1988b kext? Thats asking for trouble.

You should patch the dsdt with HDEF/HDA support and only use the injector/legacy 1988b.kext. SPDIF is working without a problem!

walterav
02-04-2010, 10:40 AM

OSXRestart.kext indeed only fixes restart and performing a restart after successful waking.

I found the person/location of the DSDT shutdown fix for ASUS P5K-pro boards its been done by "Master Chief" on "Insanelymac". This is the location of the thread the fix is partly described on the 8thpage "Lo-Fi version of website" search for "_PTS".

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t188920-350.html

I think it will also work on our Motherboards. The only problem is that the the DSDT patch is not fully described, there are more parts of the DSDT that needs to be patched before the shutdown patch works.

I asked for some extra input. Keep ya updated...

walterav
02-08-2010, 12:13 AM

I asked for some extra input. Keep ya updated...

Shutdown fix DSDT solution by MasterChief please test!
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=188920&st=780&gopid=1405756&#

Change the following two segments of your DSDT, "Device (SBRG)" and "_PTS" .
original _PTS
Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Arg0, DBG8)
PTS (Arg0)
Store (Zero, Index (WAKP, Zero))
Store (Zero, Index (WAKP, One))
If (LAnd (LEqual (Arg0, 0x04), LEqual (OSFL (), 0x02)))
{
Sleep (0x0BB8)
}

Store (ASSB, WSSB)
Store (AOTB, WOTB)
Store (AAXB, WAXB)
Store (Arg0, ASSB)
Store (OSFL (), AOTB)
Store (Zero, AAXB)
}patched _PTS #added part to begin and a } at end
{
If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05)) // S5 (shutdown).
{
Store (One, \_SB.PCI0.SBRG.AG3E) // Return to S5 after a power failure.
}
Else
{
Store (Arg0, DBG8)
PTS (Arg0)
{
Sleep (0x0BB8)
}

Store (ASSB, WSSB)
Store (AOTB, WOTB)
Store (AAXB, WAXB)
Store (Arg0, ASSB)
Store (OSFL (), AOTB)
Store (Zero, AAXB)
}
}original Device (SBRG)
Device (SBRG)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001F0000)
Device (IELK)
// rest of device IELK
patched Device (SBRG) #added a part between Name (_ADR,xxx and Device (IELK)
Device (SBRG)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001F0000)
// Newly added for EC support.
OperationRegion (LPC0, PCI_Config, 0xA0, 0x54) // General PM Configuration 3 Register (ICH9R-316972.pdf / 13.8.1.3 / page 492).
Field (LPC0, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
{
, 10,
XPME, 1, // Bit 10 - BIOS_PCI_EXP_EN.
Offset (0x04), // General PM Configuration 3 Register (ICH9R-316972.pdf / 13.8.1.3 - / page 492).
AG3E, 1, // Bit 0 Ð AFTERG3_EN.
Offset (0x50), // Root Complex Base Address Register (ICH9R-316972.pdf / 13.1.35 / page 451).
RCBA, 32 // Root Complex Base Address.
}
Device (IELK)
// rest of device IELK

So far 10 and more successful shutdowns in a row, and sleep and wake and restart after sleep all working... this is on 10.5.8

kjun5huo
02-08-2010, 08:30 AM
walterav // Good job. It works good. I tested on my P5K-E wifi on snowlopard 10.6.2. I removed EvOreboot.kext from E/E, but still I have to use OsXRestart.kext.
Did you hear about AsereBLN's bootloader ? I found Booter_AsereBLN_v1.1.8.zip from Insanelymac.(http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=210093)
It's really nice. It shows cpu information and memory information exactly. But it cause KP sometimes randomly.

walterav
02-09-2010, 12:13 AM
walterav // Good job. It works good. I tested on my P5K-E wifi on snowlopard 10.6.2. I removed EvOreboot.kext from E/E, but still I have to use OsXRestart.kext.
Did you hear about AsereBLN's bootloader ? I found Booter_AsereBLN_v1.1.8.zip from Insanelymac.(http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=210093)
It's really nice. It shows cpu information and memory information exactly. But it cause KP sometimes randomly.

I am using the 1.1.7 version with the reboot fix "FADT/OsxRestart.kext" built in. I'm using 10.5.8 btw because of snow leopard incompatible ATI hd2600xt.

No kernel panics here, thats around 2 years ago, when using IDE controller Jmicron.

\UPDATE
use Asere/BLN 1.1.8
Hibernation working LOL, even with picture

So Restart after sleep/wake, sleep and wake and shutdown and hibernate all work!

bingaling
02-09-2010, 12:20 AM
i had 10.6 working perfectly. then i updated to 10.6.1, again perfect. but every time i try to update to 10.6.2 it panics immediately... :(

i'm in 64bit mode by default. DSDT patched but couldn't manage to recompile the DSDT. I'm using evoreboot.kext instead of osxrestart.kext coz it shuts down completely... and voodooHDA... any ideas on what's making it panic?
i have leopard on a smaller partition so can edit ad lib.

another minor issue is that in the "Hardware overview" it says i have a Quad-Core Intel Xeon 3 GHz, when in fact it's a Core2 Quad Q6600... although that's purely cosmetic, i would like to fix it eventually

-------------------
P5K-E Wifi/AP
Quad core Q6600
6GB 800MHz RAM
GeForce 9400 GT
Chameleon-2.0-RC4-r684

kjun5huo
02-09-2010, 12:46 AM
I am using the 1.1.7 version with the reboot fix "FADT/OsxRestart.kext" built in. I'm using 10.5.8 btw because of snow leopard incompatible ATI hd2600xt.

No kernel panics here, thats around 2 years ago, when using IDE controller Jmicron.

Thank you for your answer. So, you don't use OsXRestart.kext in E/E anymore ? Where can I get the information about 'the reboot fix "FADT/OsxRestart.kext" built in' ?

walterav
02-09-2010, 12:48 AM
DSDT patched but couldn't manage to recompile the DSDT. I'm using evoreboot.kext instead of osxrestart.kext coz it shuts down completely... and voodooHDA... any ideas on what's making it panic?

Why use VoodooHDA? is DSDT + legacy kext not working for you, maybe thats the kernelpanic cause?

Download the iasl binary file, copy the DSDT.dat / DSDT.aml into a folder with the iasl. Go to terminal and type.
./iasl -d DSDT.aml #it will make a DSDT.dsl
#textedit/textwrangler / patch what you want
mv DSDT.aml DSDT.aml.good
./iasl -ta DSDT.dsl #recreates DSDT.aml

walterav
02-09-2010, 01:02 AM
Thank you for your answer. So, you don't use OsXRestart.kext in E/E anymore ? Where can I get the information about 'the reboot fix "FADT/OsxRestart.kext" built in' ?

http://www.efixusers.com/showthread.php?t=644

It was already there since 1.1.x

What extra kexts are you also using?
I'm only using LegacyYukon2.kext "based on 88e8053 not 55" and 1988b.kext in /S/L/E , and fakesmc in /E/E.

fishcow
02-09-2010, 01:19 AM
i had 10.6 working perfectly. then i updated to 10.6.1, again perfect. but every time i try to update to 10.6.2 it panics immediately... :(

i'm in 64bit mode by default. DSDT patched but couldn't manage to recompile the DSDT. I'm using evoreboot.kext instead of osxrestart.kext coz it shuts down completely... and voodooHDA... any ideas on what's making it panic?
i have leopard on a smaller partition so can edit ad lib.

another minor issue is that in the "Hardware overview" it says i have a Quad-Core Intel Xeon 3 GHz, when in fact it's a Core2 Quad Q6600... although that's purely cosmetic, i would like to fix it eventually

Hi,
I'm running 10.6.2 (updated from Software Update) with no issues.
I'm yet to do the dsdt shutdown fix - but for the moment - happy to stay with EvOreboot, OSXRestart and SleepEnabler combo which works fine.

So I have the following Extensions in my Extra/Extensions/ folder:
Disabler.kext ---> Quicktime fix
EvOreboot
Fakesmc
NullCPUPowerManagement
OSXRestart
PlatformUUID
SleepEnabler

The only Extensions added to the regular /S/L/E are:
AD1988b.fix.kext -----> for audio with dsdt patches
IONetworkingFamily.ket ----> edited for yukon

I use a smbios.plist in Extra folder to report proper RAM, CPU and fake MacPro 3,1
The only caveat being if you decide to OverClock - you have to edit the info again.

I don't use any IDE drives - all SATA
Hope that helps

walterav
02-09-2010, 01:43 AM
So I have the following Extensions in my Extra/Extensions/ folder:
Disabler.kext ---> Quicktime fix
EvOreboot
Fakesmc
NullCPUPowerManagement
OSXRestart
PlatformUUID
SleepEnabler

With DSDT fixes you have to get rid of these 3:
EvOreboot OSXRestart NullCPUPowerManagement

Don't know about PlatformUUID, but is Sleepenabler really necessary, Id did not need in when I stopped using NullCPUPowerManagment? Might try snow leo also these days without QE/CI... to see if it requires extras.

Are you sure about Disabler.kext being only for AppleUpstreamClient.kext, there may be more kexts in the plists being blocked!

fishcow
02-09-2010, 01:51 AM
Are you sure about Disabler.kext being only for AppleUpstreamClient.kext, there may be more kexts in the plists being blocked!

Mine is edited just for QT fix (AppleUpstreamClient.kext) - no other blocked extensions

As for all the other stuff I have in E/E :
I really don't know anymore because it's been a LONG time since I had to do all this stuff.
Well, at least since 10.6.2 and deciding to go 64 bit.
I still have all this stuff because I haven't done the dsdt shutdown patch yet.

kjun5huo
02-09-2010, 01:58 AM
walterav// I use following kexts in my E/E
AD1988b.Fix.kext
fakesmc.kext
NullCPUPowerMangement.kext
PlatformUUID.kext
SleepEnabler.kext
OSXRestart.kext

After I install this bootloader, I remove OSXRestart.kext from my E/E and I put 'RestartFix=YES' in com.apple.Boot.plist.
Am I doing righr? Is there another Fix that i have to ?
Thank you for your help.

walterav
02-09-2010, 09:57 AM
walterav// I use following kexts in my E/E
AD1988b.Fix.kext
fakesmc.kext
NullCPUPowerMangement.kext
PlatformUUID.kext
SleepEnabler.kext
OSXRestart.kext

After I install this bootloader, I remove OSXRestart.kext from my E/E and I put 'RestartFix=YES' in com.apple.Boot.plist.
Am I doing righr? Is there another Fix that i have to ?
Thank you for your help.

If I'm not mistaking it was automatically on, So I don't have anything in com.apple.Boot.plist.
BTW restart was always working for me except after sleep/wake also without OpenHaltRestart.kext, just shutdown was the problem in the old days which was fixed by OpenHaltRestart.kext...

kjun5huo
02-10-2010, 09:51 AM
My friend gave me a hint about DSDT patch for sleep.
I try it. It works perfect. Now I have only two kexts (fakesmc.kext & AD1988bFix.kext) in E/E.
Restart, Sleep/Wake, Shutdown, Restart after sleep/wake all is good.
This is the hack for sleep.
At the end of the _WAK method, this must be added:
code:Return (Package (0x02)
{
Zero,
Zero
})

Example:(My DSDT for P5K-E wifi)

code:
Method (_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)
{
ShiftLeft (Arg0, 0x04, DBG8)
WAK (Arg0)
If (IOWK) {}
Else
{
Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
}

If (ASSB)
{
Store (WSSB, ASSB)
Store (WOTB, AOTB)
Store (WAXB, AAXB)
}

If (DerefOf (Index (WAKP, Zero)))
{
}
Else
{
Store (Arg0, Index (WAKP, One))
}

Return (WAKP)
}

Return (Package (0x02)
{
Zero,
Zero
})

Good luck !!

walterav
02-12-2010, 10:28 AM
My friend gave me a hint about DSDT patch for sleep.
I try it. It works perfect. Now I have only two kexts (fakesmc.kext & AD1988bFix.kext) in E/E.
Restart, Sleep/Wake, Shutdown, Restart after sleep/wake all is good.
This is the hack for sleep.
At the end of the _WAK method, this must be added:

Return (Package (0x02)
{
Zero,
Zero
})

Example:(My DSDT for P5K-E wifi)

Method (_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)
{
ShiftLeft (Arg0, 0x04, DBG8)
WAK (Arg0)
If (IOWK) {}
Else
{
Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
}

If (ASSB)
{
Store (WSSB, ASSB)
Store (WOTB, AOTB)
Store (WAXB, AAXB)
}

If (DerefOf (Index (WAKP, Zero)))
{
}
Else
{
Store (Arg0, Index (WAKP, One))
}

Return (WAKP)
}

Return (Package (0x02)
{
Zero,
Zero
})

Good luck !!

Nice discovery! So no more sleepenabler needed in Snow? I'll look if its there in my DSDT already. The only thing that made my pc sleep directly was fixing the USB in DSDT but thats for Leo.

Hibernate:
Hibernate works for me after creating a sleepimage first in terminal "make sure secure virtual memory is disabled in System Preferences > Security". Download the deepsleep widget. http://deepsleep.free.fr/deepsleep_1.1.zip # leopard only...
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 1 #creates image file, hibernate works without widget, no STR3 anymore.
#restart and test if hibernate indeed works
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 3 #restores to both STR3 and hibernate
#restart and test if STR3 sleep again works

Now you can sleep from the Apple menu, and hibernate with the widget!

BTW kjun5huo could you edit your post and put the DSDT between CODE quotes. It makes it easier to read :D. I self discovered this feature also to late but makes reading a lot easier...

kjun5huo
02-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Sorry for my lousy posting.
I don't know how to code quote :'(:'(:'(

walterav
02-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Sorry for my lousy posting.
I don't know how to code quote :'(:'(:'(

Its not that important, but its easier than you might think. A lot of forumboards / cms editors of websites have so many icons to manipulate the text you type... I just ignored them for a long time. When typing or editing a POST, at the second row of tools the last 3 icons on the right are useful "# <> and php" its the one with #.

You can also type your code between <code>put text here...</code> but use swap the <> with [ ] and it works

kjun5huo
02-15-2010, 02:22 AM
Its not that important, but its easier than you might think. A lot of forumboards / cms editors of websites have so many icons to manipulate the text you type... I just ignored them for a long time. When typing or editing a POST, at the second row of tools the last 3 icons on the right are useful "# <> and php" its the one with #.

You can also type your code between <code>put text here...</code> but use swap the <> with [ ] and it works
Thank you for your explain.
I have one question. After I installed AsereBLN Bootloader, I removed NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from E/E. I notice my cpu temperture 45 ~47 degree which is about 10 degree higher than before I remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.
I tried sevral methods to reduce cpu temperture, but I have no luck.
Is there any suggestions for this ?

maranbrazil
02-17-2010, 01:06 AM
Hello, i have a P5k premium motherboard and i tried to install 1988b using dsdt + ad1988b.fix.kext, the sound works, but have a problem:

sometimes, i have:
internal speakers
line out
line out
optic line out

and sometimes the output changes to:
headphones
line out
line out
optic line out

and this change sometimes appears when i'm using itunes, so i lost the sound at the headphone.

i followed this:
http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/how-to-snow-leopard-retail-10a432-on-p5k-t3380/post30994.html

the pinconfiguration is affected by the ad1988b.fix.kext or only by the dsdt injection ?

thanks for help and sorry for the bad english (i'm from brazil)

paulsaun3
02-18-2010, 10:31 PM
Q6600, P5K Deluxe with 10.5.7 running since last summer using boot123.

SL boot stops just past Chameleon boot with- "IOAPIC version ox20 vector 64:87" as the last line and is frozen there. A couple of lines up it states "Mac Framework successfully initialized" a total of 22 lines before freezing.

The guide is not hard to follow and have a new 500G sata2, using AHCI in bios, but the installer for the OSXinstall.mpkg stop with about 1 minute left and exits with an error stating there are "files that are not permitted to be copied". I still must be doing something wrong.

The other strange issue is ownership of the files on the SL HD disk the mpkg installer installed to are "K1:staff" and not "root:wheel and root: admin" as the Leopard root directory has. Disk utility has the repair permissions greyed out and only allows me to "repair disk". This verified the disk is "OK" but does not repair the ownership issue. I have tried diskutil from the command line with both repairPermissions /dev/disk0 and diskutil enableOwnership.
My mounted OS X install DVD has the K1:staff ownership also.

I have tried my compiled dsts.aml as well as one from another P5K Deluxe posted here.
com.apple.Boot.plist is in both Extra and Lib/Preferences locations and is the same. I used the "boot" file in the / from "Snow Essentials", UInsaller to put in my Nvidia 7600GS 256M video. Used Chameleon v3 as specified.

Thanks to all for the excellent work on this forum.

Found the problem.. it lives!! I took out the AppleDecrypt.kext, Disabler.kext, and OpenHaltReset.kext from the UInstaller and achieved boot. The permissions thing must be normal as no amount of searching found an issue with this.
My dsts.amt works good.

swamijivan
02-19-2010, 10:04 AM
Hi guys..

Please I need some help to set my video card 9800GT to work with dual monitor display.
At the beginning I just add the GraphicDisplay string to run and QE/CI was working, no dual monitor..
So I used the Lancetou advice with Osx86 universal install to inject an EFI string (I used the 8800GT because 9800 was not in the list, but as I know the hardware is the same). Now I can read the config of my graphic right.. but still my dual monitor don't work.
I have the firdt monitor on the nearest plug and an apple adapter DVI-S-video to trough the second DVI to connect my TV; I can find the double monitor setting but when I check it I just have a "sandy" resolution on first monitor and no signal on second plug.
I use no kext or patch but the realtek wifi in the system, Chamaleon 2 mounted.
Sorry for my english :-/ I am italian an is my first Hackintosh...
Thanks in advance...

walterav
02-22-2010, 09:28 PM
I have the firdt monitor on the nearest plug and an apple adapter DVI-S-video to trough the second DVI to connect my TV; I can find the double monitor setting but when I check it I just have a "sandy" resolution on first monitor and no signal on second plug.

Are you sure the DVI to s-video plug is compatible with Nvidia cards? I thought it was made for ATI cards although Display Preferences detects tv-out pal/ntsc etc t did not give a picture on a realmac with Nvidia in my case. Could you try 2x dual dvi monitors?

I know the DVI to s-video works great on ATI hd2600xt and 1900xt.

swamijivan
02-24-2010, 10:52 AM
Are you sure the DVI to s-video plug is compatible with Nvidia cards? I thought it was made for ATI cards although Display Preferences detects tv-out pal/ntsc etc t did not give a picture on a realmac with Nvidia in my case. Could you try 2x dual dvi monitors?

I know the DVI to s-video works great on ATI hd2600xt and 1900xt.

Thanks for reply... To be onest I never could think that an adapter DVI-Svideo can be right for a brand and useless for another...But we are here to learn! So I will try with a DVI-VGA adapter on the second plug (I have not two DVI monitors :( to give a try)
BTW also the s-video native plug on my Nvidia does not work...
I will post the results.. cheers

UPDATE : You where right... The apple adapter is not compatible with Nvidia cards! I used a DVI-VGA adapter on my second plug and works.
BTW is working also in extended desktop (not only in clone mode as I read on some Snow forum) So I bought a VGA-Svideo adapter for 1.99 and hope that the trick will work! As soon I receive all the stuff I will post the results, cheers

walterav
02-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Thanks for reply... To be onest I never could think that an adapter DVI-Svideo can be right for a brand and useless for another...But we are here to learn! So I will try with a DVI-VGA adapter on the second plug (I have not two DVI monitors :( to give a try)
BTW also the s-video native plug on my Nvidia does not work...
I will post the results.. cheers

UPDATE : You where right... The apple adapter is not compatible with Nvidia cards! I used a DVI-VGA adapter on my second plug and works.
BTW is working also in extended desktop (not only in clone mode as I read on some Snow forum) So I bought a VGA-Svideo adapter for 1.99 and hope that the trick will work! As soon I receive all the stuff I will post the results, cheers

NVenabler.kext seems to be a kext that enables the analogue TV outputs of nvidia cards, like yuv from the mixed s-video socket so maybe s-video too... try that one. Don't waste more money on adapters...

mecanoiz
03-01-2010, 05:14 PM
A fews week ago I installed 10.6.2 using this guide. After a day or two everything was okay (most problems were related to getting QE/CI to work on my gtx275). So first: thanks to all contributors of this thread.
Not all dsdt patches were applied so I still have some shutdown irregularities.
Today my hack went to sleep and gfx card fans went spinnging full speed. I held down the power button for five seconds to make it reboot. But during reboot i gets stuck now. Starting up using safe/verbose mode reports that it enters fsck_hfs and it doens't progress after ** Checking catalog file.
I tried repairing it through disk utility on a macbook but everything seems ok from there.
then i tried fsck -fy /dev/diskXsX in terminal
this is the output

bash-3.2# fsck -fy /dev/disk2s2
** /dev/rdisk2s2
BAD SUPER BLOCK: MAGIC NUMBER WRONG

LOOK FOR ALTERNATE SUPERBLOCKS? yes

SEARCH FOR ALTERNATE SUPER-BLOCK FAILED. YOU MUST USE THE
-b OPTION TO FSCK TO SPECIFY THE LOCATION OF AN ALTERNATE
SUPER-BLOCK TO SUPPLY NEEDED INFORMATION; SEE fsck(8).

Can anybody help me out ?

Prox85
03-03-2010, 03:40 PM
So Restart after sleep/wake, sleep and wake and shutdown and hibernate all work!

hello can u post your DSDT and zipped extra folder?

thank you...

Prox85
03-03-2010, 04:04 PM
hello,

To get rid of NullCPUPowermanagement/Disabler/SleepEnabler and to have low cpu temp/power consumption we must bringup SpeedStepping with AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext. We must patch and integrate the SSDT into the DSDT.

did anyone know how? thank you!

walterav
03-05-2010, 02:29 PM
hello can u post your DSDT and zipped extra folder?

thank you...

DSDT is configuration specific, it depends on amount of RAM and type of CPU used. I may post a list of all patches I used in the near future, the only thing that may be added is speedstepping and therefor a proper cpu temperature... but I haven't botherd that much with it. It may also be possible to get full audio and network detection in it...

The E/E/ only contains 'fakesmc' the E/ folder only contains DSDT.aml and com.apple.Boot.plist. The S/L/E/ folder only contains the 2 injectors for audio and lan.

Can you post your BIOS settings?

kpkp
03-06-2010, 11:18 PM
hello,

To get rid of NullCPUPowermanagement/Disabler/SleepEnabler and to have low cpu temp/power consumption we must bringup SpeedStepping with AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext. We must patch and integrate the SSDT into the DSDT.

did anyone know how? thank you!

You can take a look at the DSDT i am using for the Asus P5K-E WIFI 4gb ram e2160...

sergiobeijo
03-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Dear all! I can not download files for P5K-E Wifi A/P -64 bit mode from http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MGUAATG6

Is there other link? Or can you email me the file?

Thank you.

drapple
03-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Hello i have a problem.

http://www.google.de/images/cleardot.gifLateinische Umschrift anzeigen
I would like to install on my Asus P5K-E WiFi, a second vga card.

I have 2x Geforce 8600 GT with 256MB.

Unfortunately, I do not get 2 graphics cards to run simultaneously.

See picture.

If only one card had it, everything goes, it does not matter in which the 2 PCIE slots you inside it.

It is only when I go both remove the DSDT file.

Can someone help me?

PS: Sorry for my bad English!

walterav
03-19-2010, 07:39 PM
I may post a list of all patches I used in the near future

This is just a summary of several dsdt fixes working for this board. I'm not the one who invented any of these patches, but I don't know the names of all contributors anymore... See it as a guide, and notice the //- or //+.

### several DSDT patches for optimizing p5k-e-wifi/ap bios 1202

###fix for adding fixes
Method (NPTS, 1, NotSerialized)
{
}

//+ Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)
{
If (LEqual (Arg0, Buffer (0x10)
{
/* 0000 */ 0xC6, 0xB7, 0xB5, 0xA0, 0x18, 0x13, 0x1C, 0x44,
/* 0008 */ 0xB0, 0xC9, 0xFE, 0x69, 0x5E, 0xAF, 0x94, 0x9B
}))
{
If (LEqual (Arg1, One))
{
If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
{
Store (Buffer (One)
{
0x03
}, Arg4)
Return (One)
}

If (LEqual (Arg2, One))
{
Return (One)
}
}
}

Store (Buffer (One)
{
0x00
}, Arg4)
Return (Zero)
//+ }

Method (NWAK, 1, NotSerialized)
{
}

###shutdown fix

Device (SBRG)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001F0000)
//+ OperationRegion (LPC0, PCI_Config, 0xA0, 0x54)
//+ Field (LPC0, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
//+ {
//+ , 10,
//+ XPME, 1,
//+ Offset (0x04),
//+ AG3E, 1,
//+ Offset (0x50),
//+ RCBA, 32
//+ }

Device (IELK)

{
//+ If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
//+ {
//+ Store (One, \_SB.PCI0.SBRG.AG3E)
//+ }
//+ Else
//+ {
Store (Arg0, DBG8)
PTS (Arg0)
{
Sleep (0x0BB8)
}

Store (ASSB, WSSB)
Store (AOTB, WOTB)
Store (AAXB, WAXB)
Store (Arg0, ASSB)
Store (OSFL (), AOTB)
Store (Zero, AAXB)
//+ }
}

### AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext kernelpanic fix, hpet / rtc / tmr
#not that good for quadcores?

Device (PIC)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0000"))
Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()
{
IO (Decode16,
0x0020, // Range Minimum
0x0020, // Range Maximum
0x00, // Alignment
0x02, // Length
)
IO (Decode16,
0x00A0, // Range Minimum
0x00A0, // Range Maximum
0x00, // Alignment
0x02, // Length
)
//- IRQNoFlags ()
//- {2}
})

Device (TMR)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0100"))
{
IO (Decode16,
0x0040, // Range Minimum
0x0040, // Range Maximum
//+- 0x01, // Alignment
0x04, // Length
)
//- IRQNoFlags ()
//- {0}
//+ IO (Decode16,
//+ 0x0050, // Range Minimum
//+ 0x0050, // Range Maximum
//+ 0x01, // Alignment
//+ 0x04, // Length
//+ )
})
}

Device (RTC0)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))
{
IO (Decode16,
0x0070, // Range Minimum
0x0070, // Range Maximum
0x00, // Alignment
0x02, // Length
)
//- IRQNoFlags ()
//- {8}
})
}

Device (HPET)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0103"))
Name (CRS, ResourceTemplate ()
{
//+ IRQNoFlags ()
//+ {0}
//+ IRQNoFlags ()
//+ {8}
Memory32Fixed (ReadOnly,
0xFED00000, // Address Base
0x00000400, // Address Length
_Y09)
})

### internal SATA ports shown as internal Intel ESB2 sata ports

Device (SATA)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001F0002)
Name (^NATA, Package (0x01)
{
0x001F0002
})
Name (\FZTF, Buffer (0x07)
{
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xF5
})
Name (REGF, One)
//+ Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
//+ {
//+ Store (Package (0x02)
//+ {
//+ "device-id",
//+ Buffer (0x04)
//+ {
//+ 0x81, 0x26, 0x00, 0x00
//+ }
//+ }, Local0)
//+ DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
//+ Return (Local0)
//+ }

Method (_REG, 2, NotSerialized)

### usb ports show as internal usbport for fixing sleep, a lot of work

Device (EUSB)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001D0007)
{
Return (GPRW (0x0D, 0x04))
}

{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x3A, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
//+ }
}

Device (USBE)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001A0007)
{
Return (GPRW (0x0D, 0x04))
}

{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x3C, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
Return (Local0)
//+ }
}

{
Return (GPRW (0x03, 0x04))
}

{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x34, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
Return (Local0)
//+ }

{
Return (GPRW (0x04, 0x04))
}

{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x35, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
Return (Local0)
//+ }

{
Return (GPRW (0x0C, 0x04))
}

{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x36, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
Return (Local0)
//+ }

{
Return (GPRW (0x0E, 0x04))
}

{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x37, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
Return (Local0)
//+ }

{
Return (GPRW (0x05, 0x04))
}

{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x38, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
Return (Local0)
//+ }

{
Return (GPRW (0x20, 0x04))
}

{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x39, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
Return (Local0)
//+ }

### Network adapter will be shown as onboard fixes UUID/timemachine etc

Device (P0P9)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001C0005)
{
}

{
If (PICM)
{
Return (AR09)
}

Return (PR09)
}

//+ Device (GIGE)
{
Name (_ADR, Zero)
{
GO01, 8,
GO02, 8,
GO03, 8,
GO04, 8,
GO05, 8,
GP9, 1
}

{
0x09,
0x03
})
{
If (LEqual (Arg0, One))
{
Or (GP9, One, GP9)
}
Else
{
And (GP9, Zero, GP9)
}

If (LEqual (Arg0, GP9))
{
Return (Zero)
}
Else
{
Return (One)
}
}
//+ }
}

Device (GBEC)

### azalia/hdef AppleHDA compatible inject

{
Return (GPRW (0x20, 0x04))
}

//+ Device (HDEF)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x08)
{
"codec-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x9B, 0x82, 0x43, 0x10
},

"layout-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},

"device-type",
Buffer (0x17)
{
"Analog Devices AD1988B"
},

"PinConfigurations",
Buffer (0x20)
{
/* 0000 */ 0x30, 0x40, 0x21, 0x01, 0x10, 0x40, 0x11, 0x01,
/* 0008 */ 0x40, 0x90, 0xA1, 0x01, 0x50, 0x30, 0x81, 0x01,
/* 0010 */ 0x60, 0x10, 0x01, 0x01, 0x20, 0x90, 0xA1, 0x01,
/* 0018 */ 0xF0, 0x11, 0x45, 0x01, 0x70, 0x60, 0x01, 0x01
}
}, Local0)
Return (Local0)
}
//+ }
}

Scope (\_GPE)

### injecting ATI videocard with DSDT
#use Wormy/x1600 Megalodon/2600/3870 Motmot/4870
Device (P0P2)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)
//+ Device (GFX)
{
Name (_ADR, Zero)
Name (_SUN, One)
{
Store (Package (0x16)
{
"@0,compatible",
Buffer (0x0E)
{
"ATY,Megalodon"
},

"@0,device_type",
Buffer (0x08)
{
"display"
},

"@0,display-connect-flags",
Buffer (0x02)
{
0x00, 0x04
},

"@0,name",
Buffer (0x0E)
{
"ATY,Display_A"
},

"@1,compatible",
Buffer (0x0E)
{
"ATY,Megalodon"
},

"@1,device_type",
Buffer (0x08)
{
"display"
},

"@1,display-connect-flags",
Buffer (0x02)
{
0x00, 0x04
},

"@1,name",
Buffer (0x0E)
{
"ATY,Display_B"
},

"device_type",
Buffer (0x14)
{
"ATY,MegalodonParent"
},

"model",
Buffer (0x19)
{
"ATI Radeon HD2600 Series"
},

"rom-revision",
Buffer (0x06)
{
"3169a"
}
}, Local0)
Return (Local0)
}
//+ }

{
}

{
If (PICM)
{
Return (AR02)
}

Return (PR02)
}
}

### Snow Leopard extra sleep fix?
Return (WAKP)

//+ Return (Package (0x02)
{
Zero,
Zero
//+ })

NIXin
03-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Nice. Thanks a lot.

gp-se
03-29-2010, 09:25 PM
can someone help me, I used this guide, currently running 10.6.2 using the updated sleepenabler. Is there anyway for me to just use a DSDT file instead of all these kexts in my extra folder along with a DSDT?
I would like to clean out my Extra folder but don't know what is needed, if it helps:
ASUS P5K-e wifi, 1305 bios
Jmicron disabled, only onboard sound\ethernet enabled.
all drives are SATA AHCI (dvd, and hard drives)
e6600, 4gb ddr2 667mhz
I dunno how to make dsdt file, my current file I downloaded on the first pages of this thread, and it has worked so I left it, but I would love to clean out extra kext's I don't need.

kpkp
03-30-2010, 04:07 PM
can someone help me, I used this guide, currently running 10.6.2 using the updated sleepenabler. Is there anyway for me to just use a DSDT file instead of all these kexts in my extra folder along with a DSDT?
I would like to clean out my Extra folder but don't know what is needed, if it helps:
ASUS P5K-e wifi, 1305 bios
Jmicron disabled, only onboard sound\ethernet enabled.
all drives are SATA AHCI (dvd, and hard drives)
e6600, 4gb ddr2 667mhz
I dunno how to make dsdt file, my current file I downloaded on the first pages of this thread, and it has worked so I left it, but I would love to clean out extra kext's I don't need.

I use:
AD1988bFix.kext
fakesmc.kext
JMicronATA.kext (optional if u need the IDE conector and e-sata)
LegacyJMB36xSATA.kext (cosmetic)
OSXRestart.kext
and the dsdt i posted...

All u would need to change in the DSDT are the pstates for your CPU, use P-states calculator for that, shouldn't be to hard ;)
Use iASLme for the compiling and decompiling of the dsdt...

gp-se
03-30-2010, 04:47 PM
thanks for the reply, however I've ruined my OSX install and went back to windows :(

lukelovett
03-31-2010, 01:16 AM
I just did a software update to 10.6.3

Everything works perfect. No need for hacking. Sound, Shutdown, CPU Temps and all other things are working perfectly.

Phr0z
04-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Also updated to 10.6.3.. working as a charm except for sound output on front panel which seems to be mono only??

Using dsdt fix with AD2000b.kext

PeterG
04-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Hi,
Could someone help me? I was running SL 10.6.2 on my P5K-E WiFi and everything was working fine - using this guide to install it with Chamaleon bootloader (sound, network sleep/wake/restart everything was fine...)

But unfortunatelly after I did a software uptdate to 10.6.3 I canīt boot anymore due a Kernel Panic.
(Thanks to Chamaleon bootloader I can boot with Leopard or Win7 but not with SL10.6.3)

Any help will be very appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Peter

kpkp
04-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Hi,
Could someone help me? I was running SL 10.6.2 on my P5K-E WiFi and everything was working fine - using this guide to install it with Chamaleon bootloader (sound, network sleep/wake/restart everything was fine...)

But unfortunatelly after I did a software uptdate to 10.6.3 I canīt boot anymore due a Kernel Panic.
(Thanks to Chamaleon bootloader I can boot with Leopard or Win7 but not with SL10.6.3)

Any help will be very appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Peter

If u use SleepEnabler remove it ;)

thedecline
04-14-2010, 12:26 AM
Just updated to 10.6.3 with the new 1.1 updated (google it), and all is fine. Audio is working a treat, including front panel audio.

Using an extra folder on the efi partition with all kexts in there.

adrianalanis200
04-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Sorry guys, i honestly didn't wanted to ask.

But I been trying to install snow leopard on my computer, but i keep getting a kernel panic.

Now im using 10.5.8, so I tough i wouldn't have any problem but, i tried installing using USB, DVD, with the -x -v and i forgot what else

My system is
Motherboard P5K-E (bios 0806)
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz
Graphic Card: NVIDIA eGeforce 8800 GT
2 GB DDR2-800 RAM
500 GB of HD

I cant get to to the installation screen, just got stock. Any suggestion will be appreciated. And yes i looked before how to solve the problem but nothing, thanks a lot. I attached the picture

steph3n
04-24-2010, 08:35 PM
Guys, does sleep work for you?

Whenever i click on sleep, the screen turns off, but my fans are still on etc. Then the screen stays turned off forever, i push keyboard keys, click mouse, push power button but it doesn't do anything. I have to restart the machine

How do I I enable sleep?

ulinperx
05-25-2010, 08:46 PM
Just updated to 10.6.3 with the new 1.1 updated (google it), and all is fine. Audio is working a treat, including front panel audio.

Using an extra folder on the efi partition with all kexts in there.

Which dsdt.dsl patch did you use to get the front panel going? I've tried all of the patches listed on this thread and can't get front panel audio to work. Upgraded to 10.6.3, everything works fine except for front panel audio :(

Ortonruk
05-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Hello!

Firstly I'd just like to say how helpful this forum has been for me in trying to understand some of the hackintosh concepts such as DSDT's, Kexts, permissions, terminal commands etc.

Unfortunately, however I try, I cannot seem to get a stable install of Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (or higher) on my system. I will begin by listing my system specs. and what I have tried so far and I hope you guys will help me further :)

Motherboard: Asus P5K-E Wifi AP (bios rev.1305)
Processor: Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66
Ram: 4GB DDR2-800.
Audio: AD1988b
Network: Marvell Yukon 88E8056

Also I should point out I simply have 1 500gb SATA HD and 1 CD-RW drive both configured to AHCI in my bios. I am also using a USB Keyboard & Mouse.

Ok down to the nitty gritty...

After scouring the net for a solution that seemed to be easy for a beginner like myself, I came across the myHack installer (uses chameleon bootloader). I checked off all the boxes in terms of the required hardware for a successfull install so I thought to myself, great.. this sounds like the one!

However.. I have managed to get it installed and boot into Snow Leopard successfully but I can not get my Audio/Network up and running alongside the 10.6.2 patch.
I have downloaded the pack at the start of this guide and tried to use the AD1988b.Fix.kext alongside the edited DSDT file (which I placed in /Volumes/SnowLeopard/Extra) and at some point this did work but I actually can't remember how I did this (stupid I know).
I also edited my Info.plist file to enable my network card and I also got this to work in the first install I did (alongisde the audio) except I was stupid enough to update to 10.6.2 without backing any of this up and subsequently lost the lot.

Where I am confused is this... The myHack installer states that it is safe to update to all the way to 10.6.3 using the kexts that are provided with the installer without any kernel panics or errors. On my first attempt at installing I did have everything working as it should but obviously mixing kexts from the pack at the start of this guide and those contained in the myHack installer has caused my system to become unstable somewhere down the line. I have also come to the conclusion that the edited DSDT.aml file may have caused some problems?

Sorry for the extremely long post and poor grammar but I am coming to the end of my tether with trying to get Snow Leopard installed and functioning on this system and I am even contemplating installing Windows 7! My previous OS was the iPC 10.5.6 Distro which worked flawlessly on my system.

Thanks Again to you all for the information I have gained already and I hope some of you may be able to put me on the right path with how to get this working!

Regards,
Ortonruk

Kenobi1
06-05-2010, 02:56 AM
Like 3 or 4 weeks ago I managed to get my Asus P5K-E Wifi/AP Hackintosh finally workin(2Duo E6750 and 2 gigs of kingston ram)...Got a new HDD from Samsung few Days ago which is much better than my old one and its even better now...faster...just copied the drives with carbincopycloner....NOW MY PROBLEM: Just bought another 4gig of the same ram and now installed 6 gigs (2x1; 2x2)...The rams work fine cause windows 7 is booting nicely BUT my beloved Snow Leopard (10.6.0) freezed when the grey/silver boot menu with the apple appears...It Just doesn't move no more...PLZ ANY IDEAS? I'm on 64 Bit

thx very much

edit:

if I take out the 2 gigs and leave only the 4 it isn't working either...Only If I take out the two 2gb rams and put back the 2x1gb it works flawlessly like before... at least I know it something with the 4gb of ram....

these are the memories

KHX6400D2LLK2/2G 2GB 800MHz DDR2 Non-ECC
Low-Latency CL4 (kit of 2) 4-4-4-12 2.0V
KHX6400D2LLK2/4G 4GB 800MHz DDR2 Non-ECC
Low-Latency CL4 (kit of 2) 4-4-4-12 1.95V

kpkp
06-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Like 3 or 4 weeks ago I managed to get my Asus P5K-E Wifi/AP Hackintosh finally workin(2Duo E6750 and 2 gigs of kingston ram)...Got a new HDD from Samsung few Days ago which is much better than my old one and its even better now...faster...just copied the drives with carbincopycloner....NOW MY PROBLEM: Just bought another 4gig of the same ram and now installed 6 gigs (2x1; 2x2)...The rams work fine cause windows 7 is booting nicely BUT my beloved Snow Leopard (10.6.0) freezed when the grey/silver boot menu with the apple appears...It Just doesn't move no more...PLZ ANY IDEAS? I'm on 64 Bit

thx very much

edit:

if I take out the 2 gigs and leave only the 4 it isn't working either...Only If I take out the two 2gb rams and put back the 2x1gb it works flawlessly like before... at least I know it something with the 4gb of ram....

these are the memories

KHX6400D2LLK2/2G 2GB 800MHz DDR2 Non-ECC
Low-Latency CL4 (kit of 2) 4-4-4-12 2.0V
KHX6400D2LLK2/4G 4GB 800MHz DDR2 Non-ECC
Low-Latency CL4 (kit of 2) 4-4-4-12 1.95V

You must re-patch you DSDT for every RAM change (2gb, 4gb, 6gb...) ;)

Kenobi1
06-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Don't got DSDT only changed kexts

lukelovett
06-16-2010, 01:57 PM
Just updated to 10.6.4 - no issues. working well.

Akshunhiro
06-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Hey all, just wondering if you guys were able to help me out with a new problem I've encountered after updating to 10.6.4

Forgive me if this has already been covered, I couldn't find anything after googling for hours and this is the first time I've come across this problem.

I made a post over on Insanely Mac but hasn't had any responses so was seeking assistance here.

I firstly want to thank every one of you great people contributing to the community! A Hackintosh has been an awesome experience for me and has even inspired me to buy a real mac, a macbook pro.

Now, I recently setup software raid0 on my hack since my TB drive was filling up and I wasn't using W7 anymore so wiped my WD1001FALS's and striped them.

I followed all the steps from Chameleon and had no problem duplicating the necessary files for Chameleon to do it's thing and let me boot from either drive.

All was fine and dandy until I installed the 10.6.4 update and I had noticed it didn't update the kernel to 10.4 and upon further inspection, I was receiving 'refusing new kext' errors so it wasn't loading any new kexts either. I was tearing my hair out trying to work out why this was happening when I finally thought I'd try booting from the other drive, and, it worked. It loaded the new kernel & all the new kexts and my system was working as it should with the update.

I think a normal person would leave it at that and be done with it but I want to understand why this has occured. Why would it matter which drive I boot from? Well I opened up the Boot OSX partition on each drive and noticed one had the new kernel while the other one didn't. Could this be an error on Apples part? I mean, it's their software controlling the raid slices, all slices should have the same kernel shouldn't they? I copied the new kernel to the other drive though and it loaded but still wouldn't load the new kexts.

Here's the error from the kernel log:

Refusing new kext com.apple.kpi.mach, v10.4: already have loaded v10.3.
Refusing new kext com.apple.kernel.mach, v7.9.9: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.This happens for a bunch of kexts, I just chose mach.

I also noticed while trying to patch my DSDT to support shutdown, restart & sleep (failed on the sleep part) I noticed another error affecting the current drive which is.

Sound assertion "0 == pciVendorProductID" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-187.4.1/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 3345 goto Exit
Sound is still working though as I use DSDT to get that up with the AD1988.kext so I assume this is because of the new AppleHDA? I don't get this error booting off the other drive (the one with the 'refusing new kext' errors) so I assume it's because it's not loading the new AppleHDA.

Sorry for such a long post, just wanted to give you as much info as I could. Here are my system specs too.

Akshunhiro's Mac Pro
Snow Leopard 10.6.4 Vanilla with Chameleon
Asus P5K-E/WIFI-AP (Intel P35 ICH9-R) with Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
XFX8800GT 512MB
2x WD1001FALS in Software Raid0 + Pioneer DVR-215
Thanks in advance (Y)
Johnno.

bingaling
06-30-2010, 02:01 PM
As far as the audio is concerned, i never got mine to work without Voodoo. My ethernet (88E8056) was however working but since an update from Apple, the details of which i can't remember and which i clearly shouldn't have installed, it hasn't worked. While this is not too helpful, maybe that's what is preventing yours from working - it may not be a hackintosh issue. Unfortunately for me, the update was so long ago that the Time Machine backups are useless now to reverse the situation... anybody with any ideas, please help... and btw, i went back to W7 for a week and then missed Mac so much i went back again - i wouldn't advise it ;)

Hello!

Firstly I'd just like to say how helpful this forum has been for me in trying to understand some of the hackintosh concepts such as DSDT's, Kexts, permissions, terminal commands etc.

Unfortunately, however I try, I cannot seem to get a stable install of Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (or higher) on my system. I will begin by listing my system specs. and what I have tried so far and I hope you guys will help me further :)

Motherboard: Asus P5K-E Wifi AP (bios rev.1305)
Processor: Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66
Ram: 4GB DDR2-800.
Audio: AD1988b
Network: Marvell Yukon 88E8056

Also I should point out I simply have 1 500gb SATA HD and 1 CD-RW drive both configured to AHCI in my bios. I am also using a USB Keyboard & Mouse.

Ok down to the nitty gritty...

After scouring the net for a solution that seemed to be easy for a beginner like myself, I came across the myHack installer (uses chameleon bootloader). I checked off all the boxes in terms of the required hardware for a successfull install so I thought to myself, great.. this sounds like the one!

However.. I have managed to get it installed and boot into Snow Leopard successfully but I can not get my Audio/Network up and running alongside the 10.6.2 patch.
I have downloaded the pack at the start of this guide and tried to use the AD1988b.Fix.kext alongside the edited DSDT file (which I placed in /Volumes/SnowLeopard/Extra) and at some point this did work but I actually can't remember how I did this (stupid I know).
I also edited my Info.plist file to enable my network card and I also got this to work in the first install I did (alongisde the audio) except I was stupid enough to update to 10.6.2 without backing any of this up and subsequently lost the lot.

Where I am confused is this... The myHack installer states that it is safe to update to all the way to 10.6.3 using the kexts that are provided with the installer without any kernel panics or errors. On my first attempt at installing I did have everything working as it should but obviously mixing kexts from the pack at the start of this guide and those contained in the myHack installer has caused my system to become unstable somewhere down the line. I have also come to the conclusion that the edited DSDT.aml file may have caused some problems?

Sorry for the extremely long post and poor grammar but I am coming to the end of my tether with trying to get Snow Leopard installed and functioning on this system and I am even contemplating installing Windows 7! My previous OS was the iPC 10.5.6 Distro which worked flawlessly on my system.

Thanks Again to you all for the information I have gained already and I hope some of you may be able to put me on the right path with how to get this working!

Regards,
Ortonruk

boudmac
07-28-2010, 02:48 PM
Hello

at first, thank you for all the osx86 community.

I've done a retail Snow Leopard 10.6.3 install using MyHack installer (http://osx86.sojugarden.com/) on this system:
- Asus P5K-E WiFi-AP
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
- GeForce 8600 GTS

I got some problem to make sound or ethernet work, because I've tried more than one kext for each element. Now, I've removed all kexts and only installed the minimum.

Here are my steps:
1. Make a retail restauration of Snow on 8Gb USB key
2. Install MyHack on this usb key
3. Install MacOsx on the system (booting on the usb key) with GraphicsEnabler "yes"
4. install some more kext* (if possible 64 bits working) with Kext Helper b7:

AD1988bFix.kext
the last one fakesmc.kext
IONetworkingFamily.kext (because new one)
JMicronATA.kext because I have more than 4 Gb sdram
SleepEnabler.kext (the last one, without kernel panic)
also VoodooHDA.kext, but certainly in double
(there's also all the kext present in Chameleon, Myhack)

5. make the change for ethernet in AppleYukon (http://osx86.net/f57/how-to-snow-leopard-retail-10a432-on-p5k-t3380/post29505.html)
6. I've then used DSDTSE.app to extract the DSDT (maybe after a reboot is better ?), changed it (http://osx86.net/f57/how-to-snow-leopard-retail-10a432-on-p5k-t3380/post30994.html) to make the AD1988B sound chip work, and then compile and install it in Extra folder.
7. the last, use Lizard.app to put some Boot options:

Graphics resolution
"Built in Ethernet" and "Graphics Injection"
emplacement of the DSDT file
boot theme
Extra flags: -v (verbose mode)

But finally, I'm not sure all the lizard options have been taken in acoumpt... (cause I've not done yet Install and Update)

* Note that before install kext, it is interesting to put them in color (right click) in order to find them easy in S/L/E ;)

Now I'm running a 10.6.4 snow Leopard
Thanks !!! :)

barren
09-02-2010, 05:18 AM
Thanks to the information on this forum I've successfully got SL 10.6.4 running on my overclocked q6600 P5K-E Wifi A/P

I used the myhack method and installed the following kexts on top

AD1988bFix.kext
The latest Fakesmc.kext
IONetworkingFamily.kext
JMicronATA.kext
SleepEnabler.kext
VoodooHDA.kext,
I used the Realtek_RTL8187 installer to get the wifi card working.

Theres one thing I'd like to iron out:

In the profiler>Serial ATA the Intel SATA controller is showing as UnKnown AHCI standard controller. Can this be changed to show the Intel ICH9R controller correctly by using a kext or DSDTSE hack?

EDIT:

Sorted this by editing /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACHIPort.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Under IOKitPersonalities I added:

<key>ICH9RAHCI</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort</string>
<key>Chipset Name</key>
<string>ICH9R AHCI</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>AppleAHCI</string>
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x29228086</string>
<key>IOProbeScore</key>
<integer>2000</integer>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
<key>Vendor Name</key>
<string>Intel</string>
</dict>

10.6.5 update now working using new 64 bit SleepEnabler.kext

lidas
10-13-2010, 10:46 AM
I have a problem
I have a mobo P5K-e wifi

when I was 2giga ram was fine
now that I put the new ram OCZ Reaper PC8500 8GB DDR2 1066 is no longer
evil black screen comes on and turns off
What can I do??

lukelovett
11-11-2010, 02:36 PM
I have a problem
I have a mobo P5K-e wifi

when I was 2giga ram was fine
now that I put the new ram OCZ Reaper PC8500 8GB DDR2 1066 is no longer
evil black screen comes on and turns off
What can I do??

Rebuild your DSDT. You need to after ram changes.

flicka
11-15-2010, 07:04 PM
Upate successfully to 10.6.5. I've only to repatch ionetworkingfamily.kext

fishcow
11-18-2010, 03:34 AM
Long time no post.
I have a dilemma that I'm hoping one of you fine people could help me out with.

I have been successful in applying enough dsdt patches posted here to enable the use of native PowerManagement and therefore Shutdown, Restart and Sleep all working in dsdt.
I would like next to try and take control of the stupid-high CPU temps I'm getting running Apple's PowerManagement.

I have found a lot of conflicting and confusing information regarding editing dsdt and entering P State tables etc. I also tried using Q6600 patches available in many dsdt editing software in combination with voodooMonitor - but frankly I didn't see any changes.

I saw mention of Chameleon 2 RC5 (218) which has P and C States injection, but it's been a long time since I have had to install a new boot loader (still using RC3 here) and a bit sketchy on how best to go about trying this out.

I have since reverted to a dsdt that doesn't have any _CST methods inserted by any patching.
I have confirmed that AppleLPC is loading.

Just not sure if I can jump from RC3 to RC5 by just swapping out the boot file and editing the com.apple.Boot.plist to add in the new flags for p and c states injection.

I think that about covers it.
Any help appreciated.

BTW, because I'm still on Chameleon RC3 - I still have PlatformUUID and OSXRestart in my E/E .
I assume I should get rid of those if I can install the new bootloader?

spanakorizo
01-15-2011, 09:18 AM
hello everyone, it's been a long time since i looked around, so what is the current status of onboard sound and snow leopard?
cause for 2 years i had an external card (m-audio/modified crappy drivers) and now i want to get rid of it and go back to the onboard.
Last time i used the onboard sound and ad1998b.kext the status was:frontpanel no work (i think..i am not really sure) and by digital connection you couldnt mute or change the volume slider, and also sometimes crappy noise sound at boot.
Still the same or somebody fixed 100% ad1998B?

in case you would like to try my dsdt methods, download my .aml here:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t88827.html
mobo is p5k-premium wifi

spanakorizo
01-15-2011, 10:01 AM
the dsdt edits came from lancelotu at page3 were allready at my old dsdt so i still use dsdt fix+ad1998b.kext,
i rebuild my extension.mkext,reboot with onboard sound and this is what i get:
the most important that i remember also made me find another card is no 5.1 in the audio MIDI setup, only stereo
and i confirm that the volume slider doesnt move. (in Digital Out)
how about you?
still is like this or something changed?

alhazred23
01-23-2011, 12:56 AM
Hi all

This has been an excellent thread and I have learned much.

I have an ASUS Commando board that isn't very well supported in the OSX86 world and have been building up my DSDT from scratch. I've got it almost perfect now, but am still struggling with sound.

I have used all methods mentioned in this thread (and many others!) but I can't get it to work. I've got the speaker icon on the desktop and system profiler recognises I have audio (thanks to the DSDT edits and the AD1988b_fix.kext) However, there's no sound coming out. I've got my speakers plugged in the back to the Green plug. I think the Commando may use a different pin config and I was wondering if anyone here knew how to create your own pin config. I tried some alternative ones, but I'd like to make my own. Where do I start?

Thanks

pipes
01-23-2011, 07:30 PM
here is my bios setup : (bios version 0903) i have P5E but i think the P5E and the P5k are the same bios setting

-configure sata as [AHCI]

-CPU configuration :
C1 support [Disabled]
CPU TM Function [Enabled]
Vanderpool technology [Enabled]
Execute Disable Bit [Enabled]
Max CPUID Value limit [Disabled]
Intel Speedstep [Enabled]

-Suspend Mode : [Auto]
-Repost Video on S3 Resume [Disabled]
-ACPI 2.0 Support [Enabled]
-ACPI APIC Support [Enabled]
-Front Panel audio : [HD audio]
-J-Micron Pata/Sata Controler : [Disabled]
-VIA 1394 [Enabled]

kext instaled in extra :
-AD1988b.Fix.Kext --- dsmos.Kext --- OpenHalt Restart.Kext ---IOAHCIBlockstorageInjector.Kext

in com.apple.boot.plist just add my graphic device-properties and set Graphics mode to my resolution (1680x1050x32)

in smbios.plist i add the same number of SMUUID for my hardrive, set the SMmemType at 19 (for ddr2) and add SMexternalclock : 267 and SMmaximalclock 2400 for the correct information of my (CPU q6600 2.4)

Now for the method on this page by "ZHELL"
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=168014

first open IORegistryExplorer and type USB
you find a list of your USB like USB0 USB1 USB2 EUSB USBE ...
clic on one of them and note to number in the "compatible" Property like pci8086,2934 ... (see my IOregistry attachment photo this is after modification 2934--> to 3a34)
every USB has a specific number
now as i understand the tips is to change the first couple of number of every port to 3a to have as result 3a34 (replace 29 by 3a ), to do this you need to add in every usb devices in dsdt line like this in the end :

{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x34, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
Return (Local0)
}

and put the number you find in ioregistrydevice USB in :
0x34, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00 (you add first the second couple of number 34 after you add the changed number 3a in all USB

you should have something like this :
Device (USB0)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001D0000)
[........]
{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x34, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
Return (Local0)
}
}

Device (USB1)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001D0001)
[........]

{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x35, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
Return (Local0)
}
}

Device (USB2)
[.............]
{

after that compile your dsdt (for me i have no error in compiling)

reboot and verify in your ioregistry in the appleUSBUHCI of you usb the property "Errata" : if it set to 0 your usb device are not recognized you should have a number like 0x20e800
see the second attachement "errata"

if you do the same method for you sata device (type "sat" in IOregistry)
your sata are recognized to ICH10 in system profile and no need for AHCIportinjector
Device (SATA)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001F0002)
[...........]
}

{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x22, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
Return (Local0)
}
}

important : don't set your smbios.plist to MacPro 4,1, set it as MacPro 3,1

now the sleep/wake up work good but i need to re plug only the keyboard after every sleep other usb devices are fine.

to lancelotu :
can you please give me the "PinConfiguration" of your audio patch in dsdt ? because for me only the front micro work... Thanks

(sorry for my very bad english) (if someone need a better explain see the original ZHELL tutorial) (or talk to me in french :p)

Hello, I have a problem with boot with ich10r + X58, some time starts and a lot of others it returns me this message: Serial Atapi: initial device configuration did not complete successfully (failedcommandinfo=0X2).
Can you help me? please
This is my dsdt.dsl: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O4BAA3XC
My mainboard is a rampage 2 extreme, core i7 920, 3 HDD's and HD 4870X2
Thanks in advanced

bingaling
02-11-2011, 07:46 PM
hi all, first i'd like to say what a great post this is, i've a smooth hack pro thanks to it!
the only peculiarity is that all internal disks apart from the boot drive appear external... any know how to fix this? previously this wasn't the case, then i had to restore from time machine and this happened...