PDA

View Full Version : 10.5.6 on Gateway P-6860 FX

Baraqyal
07-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Hi all,
I'm trying to get 10.5.6 working on my laptop. I installed using the iPC release, vanilla everything. I used some kexts from InsanelyMac to get the keyboard / trackpad working.
Unfortunately I can't get much else out of the site. Either I get a page timeout, it takes 5 minutes to load, or sits there loading forever.

Anyway, the following things do not work, and I was wondering if anyone had any solutions to getting these to work:

- WiFi
- Inbuilt Webcam
- Trackpad moves at the speed of light
- No QE (Using NVInject GO - which gives me full res at least)

Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: Also, there is no battery indicator anywhere.

gazzanova
08-01-2009, 01:40 AM
try voodoo power for the battery

xXrkidXx
08-01-2009, 05:41 AM
for the trackpad, try and navagate to settings and check the keyboard pref pane... ive never delt with a hacbook but i think theres a control for it.

Baraqyal
08-02-2009, 05:48 AM
Thanks for the replies guys.

With a bit more research I managed to find some more kexts (including the voodoo power kext) which got QE working and the battery indicator. They also fixed the trackpad issues.

I tried the beta drivers for the built in wireless but they didn't really work so I ordered a replacement mPCIE wifi card which should work OOB as an Airport device.

So then the only other thing that doesn't work is the built in webcam, which is terrible anyway and isn't really a priority. So really, that takes care of everything!

Common_Sense
08-02-2009, 09:17 AM
For the webcam you can check this open source driver:
http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net

They have a list of all webcams that are compatible. If yours is listed then you can try and see if it works.

spark
08-07-2009, 07:51 AM
Hello Folks,

I also want to install OSX on my Gateway P-6860FX which has RAID option with 2 HDDs.
Could you give me some guide how to install OSX? I wonder only what I can do for programming for IPhone is to buy Apple Mac sytem. :rolleyes:

Thank you.
swpark