PDA

View Full Version : Problems with BFG GeForce 7300GT 512MB AGP

fairlyodd
07-17-2009, 10:26 PM
I downloaded NVinject 0.1.5 for Tiger 10.4.x and made sure I had all of the requisite kexts before installing. I made sure all permissions were set correctly, rebooted with -F and once it reached the gray screen it locked up. I rebooted again with -V to check out the problem and I could see several problems related to NVinject but did not know how to capture the error log to display it here. I will have to Google it to find out how to capture and save the log file so I can present it for evaluation.
If anyone can help me out how to do this I would be more than grateful.

This is what my card output looks like in profiler. It is not a PCI card nor does it have 256 MB of ram. I am not sure what I did, but once I removed the NVinject kext it booted normally. Now I read some where that you have to place your device ID into the nVidia kexts in system library extensions, but I am not sure which ones they are. I am also told I can not flash the bios on this card because it is not a PCIe card. I want to get QE/CI to work on this card if I can.

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: nVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x02e2
Revision ID: 0x00a2
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Not Supported
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

fairlyodd
07-17-2009, 11:45 PM
Is it possible to inject the newer nVidia kexts from 10.4.8 to my older version of 10.4.6 and replace them ?:-/ I am curious to see if this may help me get this video card working properly and possibly get my Radeon X1650 working as well. I have a working backup of my image on another drive and would like to try it..I was hoping that maybe the older kexts in 4.6 were causing the issue with NVinject.

fairlyodd
07-18-2009, 11:15 PM
Well lo and behold..I actually got the bloody thing working.:D Replaced the older kexts from 10.4.6 with the newer ones from 10.4.8 and reinstalled NVinject and bingo, QE/CI, and rotation. No tearing, smooth as silk. Guess it does help to do your own research. :p

fairlyodd
07-19-2009, 02:24 AM
I followed the instructions for installing updated kexts for my Radeon X1650 and loaded modbin's X1650 package...repaired permissions and rebooted. I now have full resolution capabilities, but no QE or CI :-/ Anyone get this working on a Radeon X1650 512MB AGP card? Is there a way to enable QE and CI ???

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x71c1
Revision ID: 0x009e
Displays:
CTX S700:
Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Not Supported
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

fairlyodd
07-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Come on guys I really need some help with this one...I can't even watch dvd's without QE/CI. Any hints would be very helpful....;)

fairlyodd
07-19-2009, 11:15 PM
I read on the net that using DCPI will let me know what my device ID and vendor ID would be so I can patch the info.plist in the ATI kext. I used Linux PCI ID Repository to find out the correct way it is supposed to be listed in my kext.

Not really sure which one I am supposed to patch, but I am guessing it will be one of the three I added earlier. If anyone has a clue as to which one it may be feel free to give me a hint.
Thanks