PDA

View Full Version : Can't get audio on GA-EX58 UD3R

melee54
07-22-2009, 12:41 AM
Hello! I'm coming from insanelymac, as they don't bother to respond to any of my questions...

Here goes! I followed a retail installation guide and now have a working install of Leopard 10.5.7. I think sleep is a little buggy, but I don't use it, so that's fine. The main thing is that I can't get my soundcard to be detected. I've tried a bunch of different kexts, but it seems most of the ones for my system were meant for 10.5.6 and were killed off when the 10.5.7 update hit.

Someone suggested I try and use VoodooHDA, so I installed the kext on their website, but still nothing was listed in system sound preferences.

I then tried the VoodooHDA that was included with Digital Dreamer's script which helped me install my retail copy, and it listed Digital out, SPDIF, and Headphones. So with that I was able to get my front headphone port working, but that's it.

They're the same version of voodooHDA, which is confusing... But that leads me to believe that there's a way to edit which outputs show up and which don't. Or perhaps a kext that I have previously installed is hindering the VoodooHDA kext? Unfortunately I'm brand new to mac, and have no idea which kext would likely be the culprit if that's the case.

I'm pretty sure the EX58-UD3R has a Realtek ALC888. That's what the website says, anyway.

Thanks for your help! Looks like I'll be sticking around this place...:)

tham50
07-22-2009, 04:17 AM
try several alc888 kexts from the dvds.
also hdaenabler might be worth a look

melee54
07-22-2009, 04:38 AM
From the DVDs? As in, the retail DVD or a leopard distro?

I've tried HDAenabler, but that doesn't seem to do anything either...

tham50
07-23-2009, 03:50 AM
try more ...

lachesis
08-24-2009, 12:06 AM
Hi, i have the same problem and cannot for the life of me get this bloody sound to work :P

Did you ever get it working? cheers

Ianxxx
09-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Hello! I'm coming from insanelymac, as they don't bother to respond to any of my questions...

Here goes! I followed a retail installation guide and now have a working install of Leopard 10.5.7. I think sleep is a little buggy, but I don't use it, so that's fine. The main thing is that I can't get my soundcard to be detected. I've tried a bunch of different kexts, but it seems most of the ones for my system were meant for 10.5.6 and were killed off when the 10.5.7 update hit.

Someone suggested I try and use VoodooHDA, so I installed the kext on their website, but still nothing was listed in system sound preferences.

I then tried the VoodooHDA that was included with Digital Dreamer's script which helped me install my retail copy, and it listed Digital out, SPDIF, and Headphones. So with that I was able to get my front headphone port working, but that's it.

They're the same version of voodooHDA, which is confusing... But that leads me to believe that there's a way to edit which outputs show up and which don't. Or perhaps a kext that I have previously installed is hindering the VoodooHDA kext? Unfortunately I'm brand new to mac, and have no idea which kext would likely be the culprit if that's the case.

I'm pretty sure the EX58-UD3R has a Realtek ALC888. That's what the website says, anyway.

Thanks for your help! Looks like I'll be sticking around this place...:)

For configuring voodooHDA theres a prefpane
try googling VoodooHDA prefpane

Don't know if it will work but I guess it's worth a go

gadzhev79
12-08-2009, 08:04 PM
i find a kext for an audio but it for snow leopard, i think it will work on leopard .i use snow leopard on my GA EX58 UD3R board and everything run perfect included updates. just my ddr3 recognize like ddr2 but it's not a big problem.
Here is the kexts (http://www.mediafire.com/?mwyfjiviy4n) for an audio kext and i add link to ( how to guide (http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide-gigabyte-ga-ex58-ud3r-for-snow-leopard-t4892/#post40790) ) for this motherbord for Snow Leopard, if somebody need it can try it.for an audio itry to instal few times kext with kext helper b7 cause my sound didn't work first time i install it( i just press instal than again instal than again instal after i reboot it was works good.)
thanks