PDA

View Full Version : EP45-UD3R "About This Mac" CPU

mrskitch
07-22-2009, 07:31 AM
Hey guys, I just realized that my mac side to my PC is only picking up 1 of 4 CPU's on my Q6600. Essentially my "about this mac" shows a "2.4GHz unknown." Under more info it only lists the number of cores as 2. This also shows in my iStat as it can't find CPU Temps or all four cores.

Does anyone have a .kext for this? or is there some other way to get Leo to recognize my CPU? The board I'm using is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3R and the processor is a Intel Q6600. Any help or point in the right direction would be great!

Taisto
07-22-2009, 10:19 AM
Don't worry about "Unknown" in About This Mac - You can change that easily. As for the cores - have You tried booting with "CPUS=4" flag ? Check Your boot.plist file as well - if there's "one core fix" You have to delete the "CPUS=1" flag. Maybe the reason is that simple ( hope so :) )

mrskitch
07-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Well, I edited both boot.plist's, the one in /extra and the systemconfig one. It seems like the rig is quicker now, but I'm still only getting 2 cores found in system profiler. I actually added a kernel flag cpus=4.

Is system profiler just wrong? I'm just being a pick nerd, but I'd like to monitor my CPU temps in iStat and I think this is what might be causing it not see it...

muchlife
04-16-2010, 03:13 PM
i have never gotten my "unknown" cpu properly recognized on gigabyte EP45 boards. any solutions someone knows be great if you share. as far as CPU temps being recognized, you can read them via an App called hardware monitor, or if you want to read via iStat you can get fakesmc from netkas

http://netkas.org/?p=338

make sure you remove dsmos before installing the kext. for some reason took me 1 reboot with flushing cache and another reboot not, for istat to read temps properly