PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help..please (resolved)

fairlyodd
07-24-2009, 11:20 PM
Hi again,

I am having a little problem with my X1650 Pro. I installed modbin's fix and I now have full resolution capability, but I cannot get QE/CI or rotation. The biggest issue I am having is not knowing how to use 0xED to edit the hex files that are required to get this card working properly..not sure if I downloaded the proper version of this appy, but for some reason this version does not support "find and replace". Here is what I am trying to do:

"I suggest you install first modbin's X1650 package, reboot, select the desired resolution, and get ready to modify the files.
Get a Hex Editor, i suggest 0xED (Yes, this is the name of the Hex Editor Program).
Copy files "ATIRadeonX1000.kext","ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin","ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle" from /System/Library/Extensions on your desktop.

1)Show contents of "ATIRadeonX1000.kext", go into /Contents/MacOSX and hex edit "ATIRadeonX1000" binary file. Replace *every* occurence of C071 with your Device ID (Example, my Device ID in reality is 0x71C1 so in the file i'll write it as C171). Save the modified file. In the same .kext edit "Info.plist" file with TextEdit and replace the *only* 0x71C01002 entry with yours. In my case it is 0x71C11002.

2) Show contents of "ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin", edit "Info.plist" with TextEdit, and you will see 2 strings in the following format: 100271C0-0000-0000-0000-000a27898d3e. Again replace the 71C0 with your Device ID on both. Save the file.

3) Show contents of "ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle", hex edit the binary inside /Contents/MacOSX and replace C071 entries with your own, just like you did on step (1). Save the file.

Drag n drop those 3 files form your desktop into /System/Library/Extensions (Authenticate & Replace).
Open Terminal:
sudo -s
chmod -f 755 /System/Library/Extensions
chown root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions
diskutil repairPermissions /
reboot "

Now I know this will work for my card, but for some reason I am not having much luck with the version of 0xEd I am currently using.
Can anyone give me a hand with this please.

Thanks;)

Update: After several attempts at editing the bloody kext binaries, decided to try Kozlowski's method one more time...and bingo just like magic it worked! I must have missed something along the way the first time I tried this method.:rolleyes: