PDA

View Full Version : os not booting, kernel panic on removal of jmicronata.kext

eemerge
07-27-2009, 08:11 PM
Hello,

I had a problem for the past few weeks, since i got 4GB of ram , when the ram was almost full, mac osx crashed with the gray screen. I thought it might be the memory modules, changed them with another completely different 2 ...same thing...i flashed my bios...same thing.

I found a discussion somewhere , where there were some posibilitties discussed that jmicronata.kext would cause them.

So following a path i used to try video kexts, i made a backup to jmicronata.kext then deleted it from System/Library/Extensions , and also removed Extension.kext to clear the cache.

Guess I did a very stupid thing since now my os wont even get me to the console (-s mode) so i can copy back the jmicronata.kext.

It hangs almost immediately after boot , with a kernel panic .

If anyone could help on how i can recover my system , since i had quite some stuff on it and a complete reinstall would be a non-existent option (maybe on another hard drive and import the user, but this i would like to be the ULTIMATE solution).

I am downloading iatkos v7 now, maybe i can fix it by booting with the dvd?

Any help would be REALLY appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

eemerge
07-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Ok i booted with iatkos 7 and managed to copy my backup jmicron in the Extension folder, and mac os booted normally.

Still, i am left with the problem of freezes (if i use more than 3 GB of ram).

Maybe anyone has a solution for this?