PDA

View Full Version : iAtkos v7 help needed (chameleon 2.0RC2)

sup3r1or
07-28-2009, 12:54 PM
First of all my mobo is really tricky I could not get any BOOT132 cds working with it, I tried 9 of them. But anyway I switched to iAtkos v7.

I have a few issues I wanted to clear out and some help I would really appreciate, cuz I need to get my rig up and running asap before my design classes start.

First here is my Hardware: GA-EP35C-DS3R; Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600; 4GB DDR2 800; 2x 500 GB SATA2 WD HDD; GeFroce 9800GTX 512 DDR3.

This is what I have selected during the install.

Bootloader Chameleon 2 RC1 (Note it RC1) because with Extra folder 1.0 doesnt work for me.

2. DSDT ( I guess there is not way to avoid this? How about in chameleon RC2?)

3. Apple Decrypt
4. SMBIOS (Now please correct me if Im wrong but I read I DO NOT NEED to select any if I use Chameleon 2.0? So I did not choose any).
5. Disabler
6. VGA DRIVER nvidia string DVI to DVI
7. AHCI driver as well as jmicron sata/ide driver
8. Well sound goes fine with voodoo
9 DO I NEED SPEEDSTEP for intel CPUs and Throttling?
10. OHR of course

Post scrips selected ok. The system works fine I guess (only my card reader doest work its external connects through USB).

Here is another question has anyone tried Chameleon 2 RC2? I heard a lof of things were added, but when I try to install it at the very end it says "Failed to run post upgrade script"

If I restart it still shows that it is RC2 already but there is no new options as I read on the developers page.

NOW THE MOST IMPORTAINT IN HARDWARE LIST IT SHOWS MY RAM 4GB 667 WHY NOT 800? How my make it work on 800? ( I mean bios says 800).

I mean i dont want to re-install my system all the type that something new comes out, with RC 2 im still dont know how to put it correctly.

All the questions I have highlighted in BOLD.

Thank you very much,

P.S Tried other forums didnt get any replies.

mitchell8793
08-08-2009, 06:55 AM
Hey, i have the same problen with Chameleon RC2,
have you found a solution yet?
I have:
EP45-UD3P
GTX 285 (Says "Unknown nVidia Card" in System Profiler but still works well:))
Dual booting Window 7 and Mac OS X 10.5.7 iAtkos v7 (about to insall 10.5.8 update *takes deep breath*
Also i had the same problem with the RAM and i got the SMBOIS800.pkg file from iDeneb 1.4 and it fixed it. i attached the file and uploaded the file at
http://rapidshare.com/files/264989846/SMBIOS800.pkg.zip.html
Ciao,

tebats
08-11-2009, 05:17 AM
Hi,

I also need help booting after setting iAtkos v7 on my Biostar G31M7 TE, ATI 4650 2GIG 320 GB. The installation went well but when I restarted by machine, Chameleon boot loader shows but won't boot at all. I have tried using "TAB" and show me the boot prompt to pass any flag but i tried various entries and still didn't boot and just continue showing the Chamelon gui.

Any guidance please.

Thanks

Gurruwiwi
08-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Did you guys substitute the boot.ini file in root?

Chameleon 2 RC2 needs a new boot file.

Gurruwiwi
08-16-2009, 09:22 PM
Well...

Last night I just installed RC2 over RC1... no difference, boots my 10.5.7 iAtkos just like before.

Didnt even change the boot file

Did it to try dual boot with SL... SL KP's, main Leo partition is exactly as before

dktani89
08-18-2009, 06:08 AM
I am having a big problem installing a dual boot iAtkos v7 on my Dell Inspiron 1381. The install looks different from v5.

Does anyone have specific instruction on how to do a dual boot with Vista and iAtkos v7.0 i?

I got the iAtkos v7.0 i to install but when it boots it just locks up my laptop and Vista will not boot at all.

Any help would be appreciated. I am new at this but I always wanted to run both operating systems.

Thanks.

wpjonesnh
08-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Use EasyBCD with Vista for Dual Booting. I just went to the add entry section and told it to dual boot MAC OS. Picked the drive it was on and I was done. Dual boots like a champ with no problems.