PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Bootup

Cinema Liver
07-30-2009, 03:59 AM
Hello person who stumbled across this thread, yes you. No don't leave yet, before you hit the tempting back button ask yourself, do I know anything about bluetooth keyboards or the Chameleon bootloader?

At the moment I am having a slight issue. Whenever my Hackintosh boots up, a prompt (I assume this is Chameleon) asks me to press enter to boot from my OS X HD.
However I am using the Apple wireless keyboard and mouse through a bluetooth dongle, whenever I hit enter, the machine ignores me. So I have to take the keyboard from my other PC, plug it in and use it to boot.

I am planning to setup a dual boot between OS X and Windows 7 and this would involve using the keyboard to select which OS to boot into. So is there any way to get the machine to respond to the bluetooth keyboard at an earlier stage?

Failing that is there any alternative? Or at least a way to get Chameleon to skip the enter key thing and to boot straight into OS X?

Thanks for your time and hopefully an answer.

sk1nhd33t
07-30-2009, 05:03 AM
add this below on your boot.plist, it will boot straight after 1 second if you dont press any key change it if you want it longer.

<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>

Cinema Liver
07-30-2009, 05:25 AM
Thank you so much. I can't tell you what a relief it was to switch on my computer and not have to unplug dongles etc.

Funny thing is, Windows 7 doesn't seem to like my HD partition format and won't install so I may end up running it through Parallels Desktop instead of a dual boot. That would totally eliminate the need to use my keyboard during start up.

Cinema Liver
07-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Hi there, sorry to bother you again, but your post made me think of something.

In Windows there is an easy way to get into safemode, I can just go into MSCONFIG and change the boot mode to /safemode. When the comp is restarted it goes into safemode.

Is there any way I could do this with the boot.plist.

The only problem with this is, once I boot into Windows, I can't think of any way to access the boot.plist to get back into Mac OS. Would it be possible to automate this, something like.

10 Boot Into Windows
20 Delete 10