PDA

View Full Version : Dell Inspiron 1501: Weird Mouse/Keyboard Issue..

jlp09550
08-01-2009, 01:15 AM
I'm having some issues with installing OS X on my Dell Inspiron 1501. For some reason, I have to keep moving my mouse and/or pressing keys on my keyboard to even get anywhere on the installation.

I have tried iDeneb, iPC, and iATKOS; the latest versions that can be found online. All produce the same issue. The only distribution to install was iPC, but the mouse/keyboard issue continued even after installation.

The laptop's specs: (http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=510698)
CPU: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-50 [MMX(+), 3DNow!(+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, x86-64]
Graphics: ATI Radeon Xpress 1150
NB : ATI Xpress 200 (RS480) rev 10
SB : ATI SB600 rev 00
RAM : 1024 MB DDR2 Dual Channel

Only OS X produces this error, Linux and Windows work fine and dandy. (sounds like a driver issue to me..) I've searched and searched, but can't come to any conclusion on this issue.

Please help, I'd love to have OS X on my laptop. It's soo clean!

- Jared

gazzanova
08-01-2009, 01:23 AM
reinstall iPC and then try the voodoops2 kext for the mouse and keyboard

jlp09550
08-01-2009, 01:37 AM
reinstall iPC and then try the voodoops2 kext for the mouse and keyboard
OK, I'll try that. But just to clairfy.. you do understand that the keyboard/mouse issue is the same as during setup. In other words, I have to keep moving the mouse or pressing the keys in order for anything to load at all? (otherwise, it just sits there doing nothing until I do so)

gazzanova
08-01-2009, 02:27 AM
yep it just seems like your harware is using the best suitable kext on the ipc distro

once you have installed it on the harddrive you try to find better drivers for it

unless the voodoops2controller kext is on ipc which means you should select it during install

jlp09550
08-01-2009, 08:06 AM
yep it just seems like your harware is using the best suitable kext on the ipc distro

once you have installed it on the harddrive you try to find better drivers for it

unless the voodoops2controller kext is on ipc which means you should select it during install
Tried that solution, didn't work. In fact, it made everything worse by making OS X think I was pressing my arrow keys continuously. And no, I didn't install the PS2Keyboard patch during the iPC install. I tried with and without it, both failed.

Anymore solutions?

nil911
08-15-2009, 05:28 PM
I am also doing same thing on my 1501, my mouse and keyboard and everything is working....only problem i have is

DVD drive not working
Graphic card resolution is only 1024x758
Audio is not working

did you reach any resolution to your problem if yes please help me