PDA

View Full Version : MAC on ThinkPad T41

RAF
08-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Hello everyone,

well, I am a new comer and I hope that I posted in the right place. I need some help with installing MAC on the ThinkPad T41. I don't know what do i need to start things off, I don't even know if I can install a Mac on my T41 even. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much,

drgummi
08-04-2009, 10:36 AM
This thread pops up to the top whenever anyone searches for "thinkpad" it seems, and the absence of an answer is therefore a bit unfortunate. I haven't explicitly tried the T41 but I'm tying this on a T43 and I think the answer is that the CPU is too early for the releases of OSX that get the hack treatment to be able to use it. There are earlier intel-compatible releases that might work, but nobody hacks them! As a rule when I'm looking for machines with hack compatibility I start with Centrino Duo laptops, or preferably even a bit later than that; so I'm here looking for information on a thinkpad T60, which I expect to be able to hack - and my T43 will be stuck on XP/Win 7...

(it would be absolutely fantastic to be able to revive all sorts of older simpler kit with OSX 10.4 using modern hack tech, but I can't see anyone being strongly motivated to try when there's netbooks to work on!)

DaveJS
08-28-2009, 03:28 PM
I have Kalyway 10.5.2 installed on my T42 right now. Everything except powermanagement, ethernet and wireless appears working perfectly. Just gotta get the time to patch /u the drivers for those things and then we will hopefully have saved ~$2000 over a MacBook Pro. :-) Will update the wiki and the forums once I am able to get back to working on it.

mhchan2002
09-04-2009, 08:43 AM
mind share the setting and customization? thanks

stan0
09-07-2009, 02:29 PM
check here osx86project (http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.5.6/Portables#ThinkPad_T40_ThinkPad_T41_.2AType_2373.2 A)
the method for t40 worked for me on T42 but boots REALLY SLOW :(