PDA

View Full Version : iATKOS V.7 - Voodoo Panic?

oneshot
08-06-2009, 03:48 AM
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/65/dsc00240frb.th.jpg (http://img9.imageshack.us/i/dsc00240frb.jpg/)

I got this half way through the installation of iATKOS V.7.

I selected as few things (preinstall) as I could. I even tried deselecting the Voodoo Kernal.

Anyone know what the issue is?

-CP-
08-15-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm getting the same message trying to install on a Toshiba Tecra S10-11X (specs below)

Let's say the first time I tried to run iATKOS 7 it started but I didn't install it because I had to backup partitions first. I did the backup and retried but it failed on boot with kernel panic (1st graphic white screen with apple in the middle)

I retried with -x option and same result.

I retried with no options many times and once it booted (don't know why). I tried to install many components but when I was almost done I got the same error as in the pic you posted

I'm now trying to boot with different options to see if I can solve this but I'm a newbie in MacOS

Toshiba Tecra S10-11X:
Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 (2.40 GHz) Intel PM45
Express chipset and Intel® WiFi Link 5100
Front side bus : 1066 MHz
Cache di 2nd level : 3 MB
RAM: 2GB (2x 1GB 800MHz DDR2)
HD: Hitachi SATA 160GB 5400RPM
LCD: 15.4'' 1680x1050
VGA: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 150M (256MB dedicated RAM)

Maybe it's just not compatible with iATKOS :-S

Imkantus
08-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Hey guys,

There are two different Kernel files stored on that DVD toh & mach_970 maybe one of those won't cause your system to panic, as the default one does.

meerkatdotcom
05-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Hey guys I have exactly the same problem. I have iAtkos v7 - if I choose any of the two kernels in the customization menu the kernal panic comes up during install. If i leave them blank it installs and when it tries to reboot at the end, the screen goes black and the kernal panics :( after that there is no booting into the installation - just the disk.
I had an old Kalyway install (just Leopard) which worked fine apart from the wireless (I have the cursed 3945ABG) - which is why i wanted snow leopard cos that mercury group apparently has a driver for the snow leopard releases :eek:
Any ideas?
Please :D