PDA

View Full Version : Dual Boot with Two Hard Drives

uofamis22
08-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Alright, so I have Windows 7 installed on my first hard drive. I have OSX 10.5.8 installed no my second. Just to be clear, these are two different hard drives, they are not partitioned. In order for me to boot into OSX, I have to manually select the associated hard drive upon start up. Many people use bootloaders to dual boot. However, most people have Windows and OSX installed on the same drive, separate partitions. Can someone assist me through the process of setting up a bootloader based on the circumstances I just described?

badd
08-11-2009, 07:23 AM
You dont need a bootloader, A trip to your BIOS and picking the drive you dont want to boot from and disabling it would work fine.

uofamis22
08-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Right now it automatically boots into Win7. However, if I want to boot into OSX I F12 to select the appropriate hard drive. This works fine but is annoying. I want it to load into a bootloader where I can select my drive from there. Much cleaner.

badd
08-13-2009, 06:35 AM
I think chameleon v2 may have this capability but I am not sure. I have only seen it with a partitioned hard drive. And while they are very similar, 1 hard drive =/= 2.

uofamis22
08-15-2009, 03:40 PM
It does have this capability. However, they are on two separate drives so it doesn't work.