PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla kernel vs. Voodoo

antgly
08-17-2009, 12:32 AM
I have (well actually my brother has) an Acer Aspire One A150.
I have Mac OS X 10.5.8 using iPC.
I have a couple of questions:

What's the difference between the Voodoo and the Vanilla kernel and what are the pros and cons of each?
Can the Acer Aspire One run the Vanilla kernel, what would be the disadvantages, and how would I do it?
Will it be possible to upgrade to Snow Leopard when it comes out?
What is the best OSX86 distro and why?
Which of the distros is the most user friendly and easiest to update when updates come out?

If anyone can answer me any of these questions (or all), this would be greatly appreciated.

One more thing - a friend of mine has a Toshiba a215-s7447 and he is wondering if there is a guide as to how to install OSX86 on it. If anyone knows this, I would appreciate it greatly.

Imkantus
08-17-2009, 06:24 PM
You ever mind about using google or the search function?
http://www.infinitemac.com/f5/vanilla-and-voodoo-kernel-t2262/

And yes your Atom is kind of Intel Core so you're able to run Vanilla Kernel.

What is the best OSX86 distro and why?

Which of the distros is the most user friendly and easiest to update when updates come out?It's nonsense to talk about worse or better Distros, last but not least they are all either Tiger, Leopard or in the future even Snow Leopard not more not less then that. The only differents is the kind of included patches, etc and that belongs to your personal demands, you furthermore don't need any Distro to apply them.
Anyway a lot of people consider iDeneb ones to be the most n00b friendly OSx86 releases...