PDA

View Full Version : Dual Boot Windows 7 and Snow Leopard on a Dell Dimension E520

bucketofried
08-17-2009, 02:07 AM
I am already dual booting 7 and Leopard. But I have a copy of Snow Leopard. Has anyone tried to install snow Leo in a dual boot setup? Is there a guide to do it? If not could someone outline how this could possibly be achieved? Do I need to use chameleon 2? Any help tips advice would be great!

DocShadow
08-17-2009, 03:08 AM
I have Chameleon 2 installed on my boot drive. When I boot into Chameleon I can choose either the OSX or Windows 7 drive.

Jabolcnik
10-08-2009, 01:57 PM
I have Chameleon 2 installed on my boot drive. When I boot into Chameleon I can choose either the OSX or Windows 7 drive.

Can you please post how did you did that? What is you configuration?
I'm trying to achive that on single drive - partitioned in GPT scheme, but my last 3 attempts does'nt work. :mad:

What is your boot partition? EFI or Snow Leopard?

By

thorazine74
10-08-2009, 07:34 PM
You can multiboot Leo & Snow from a single chameleon with a bit of trouble when it comes to loading the right kexts, other than that it would depend on your disk an partition layout how to do it.
If you boot from EFI partition you should be able to just install it to a new partition and split the Extra folder into 10.5/10.6 subfolders.

Jabolcnik
10-08-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm asking how the heck did he manage to dual boot Windows 7 and Snow leopard.

thorazine74
10-09-2009, 09:06 AM
I thought you wanted to triple boot, I guess I didnt read it right.
I think you misread too as it looks like the OP has separate HDs, which is kinda easy with chameleon.
If you are multibooting Windows 7 & Leo from a single GPT drive you maybe have one of those hybrid GPT-MBR partition tables, maybe thats what screwing you when you install Snow.
How is your partition layout? What do you have in EFI partition, Windows 7 bootmgr or chameleon? I think in either case you would need to update chameleon in the right partition, after installing snow, but I'm just guessing...
Sorry I'm not familiar with GPT/MBR hybrids, it looks too complicated and "hacky" to be stable to me.