PDA

View Full Version : LawlessPPC-Leo-10.5.4-Phenom&AMD - How To Update?

Arcum
08-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Dear Lawless... :) First of many thanks for your perfectly working distro...
apart from the NforceAta drivers update I had to Transmac, everything works now!

Now I was wondering... Which is the best way to upgrade this system... I've read on other forums that you can use the ASU tool for this, but it was still in Beta & now it's offline & people are getting weird errors... So before I send my fresh (working) install into oblivion I was wondering about how you fixed this...
Because there's gotta be a way for this, there's always a way... I just need someone to show it for me... :D
*ooh getting all poetic*

Anywayz thanks again for this great distro, which was the only distro out of 7 orso that actually worked with my specs... :)

Imkantus
08-19-2009, 11:07 PM
First I would make a back-up of my current Kernel and Extensions folder, then I would install Disabler.kext, then Patch 10.5.5 Delata Update using Zephyroth's AMD Patcher, then install it and if it's gonna work I'd try to install the Voodoo Kernel.
With having installed Disabler.kext, dsmos.kext (or other Decrypter) and Voodoo based Kernel installed, you should be able to follow the common update guides - but keep in mind to back-up Kernel and Extensions at every time and to use the back-up Kernel to boot up after the update.

PS. I was always doing a complete Back-Up of my OS X Partition using dd before I applied any update and I was a few times lucky that I did... ;)