PDA

View Full Version : Strangeness with boot-132... can't boot retail disc

marcusmiller360
08-21-2009, 03:01 AM
So I have a retail 10.5.2 disc and several bootloaders:
The original, unmodified Boot-132
The modified, generic.iso (you know, the one with the dead mediafire link?)
And InsanelyMac forum member "Sabr's" image that was modified for a Gigabyte P965-DS3.

Using all three, I can't get the retail disc to load. What will happen is I get the white Mac screen, it starts loading, then I get a little white circle with a line through it in the middle of the screen. (for those of you who can't quite figure out what I am getting at, remember the movie "Ghost Busters?" and the little red circle with the line through it that had a ghost behind it? it was their logo? Imagine that, but its white, there isn't a ghost, and its in the middle of my screen)

I've searched high and low for what this hang up is, and either a) its so common no one talks about it, or b) I am the only man on earth (well, that google has found) with this problem.

My hardware: Gigabyte P965-S3 motherboard, E4300 processor, GTX 260 GPU, 4 gigs DDR2-800 (currently at 667 with my memory set to 1:1 mode).

The motherboard is in AHCI mode, and HPET is set to 64 bit.

Any ideas? Or should I just grab iATKOS v7 first and then work on my retail install?

please don't hate me, I am a lowly noob.... trying to get better at this...

blkhockeypro19
08-21-2009, 06:15 AM
you need to boot in verbose mode to see why it hangs. at the darwin boot prompt, type -v