PDA

View Full Version : Install Hanging at "About a minute"

martguy
02-20-2008, 01:28 AM
I have tried to install Zeph's 10.5.2 release onto my laptop several times, and each time the installation hangs at "about a minute". I tried re-installing as per the wiki, put it still hangs in the same place. I have tried letting the install run all night, I tried using an external drive, and have tried rebooting off the the install DVD to Repair Permissions. Nothing is working. I am using an MBR setup and have named the HD using a single word.
Is there some script that runs at the end that could be messing things up? Is there some combination of Customize options that I can choose that will guarantee a complete install? Could the restore partition that comes with my laptop be interfering in some way? The install DVD recognized my internal SATA drive and I had no problem creating the partition for the install.
I do not think I am the only one having this problem. Does anyone have a fix?

martguy

Specs:
Compaq Presario F730US
AMD Athlon 64 X2 TK-55 / 1.8 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150
120 GB SATA HDD
nforce MCP 51
Broadcom 4311 wireless

eddie11c
02-20-2008, 01:32 AM
After the hang at about a minute left, have you rebooted your computer to the drive to see what happens? What type of install did you choose? MBR-EFI? GUID-EFI?

phil
02-20-2008, 01:45 AM
I had the same problem, but i was able to boot into mac osx with the dvd.
As I booted without the dvd it didn't work for me.

techtoys
03-12-2008, 08:28 PM
I found that this hang doesn't happen if the install is from a warm boot after running linux.
It happens after a cold boot.

WinLinMac01
03-12-2008, 09:50 PM
shouldn't occur in zephyroth's latest release.

DoiX
03-12-2008, 10:16 PM
it happens in 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 its a system problem overheating and stuff doesn't matter what revision are you using :) the solution for me was to open my pc and put a large fan in front of it :))

WinLinMac01
03-12-2008, 10:22 PM
umm...could be something else since I have a large fan as well. May be a DVD script. =)

DoiX:it happens in 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 its a system problem overheating and stuff doesn't matter what revision are you using :) the solution for me was to open my pc and put a large fan in front of it :))