PDA

View Full Version : [AMD] Snow Leopard 10A432 Install

Pages : 1 [2]

ah.micky
12-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Can anyone tell me if it can install on my laptop? i've been searching for weeks.

HP Pavilion Tx2000 (Touch Screen PC)
CPU: 2.2 GHz AMD Turion 64 x2 Dual-Core .....
Ram: 3072 mb
VGA: NVIDIA Geforce Go 6150M

Pls give me some comments on Where to download and How to install Snow Leopard 10A432. (http://www.infinitemac.com/f87/)

Thanks in advance....:)
[/URL]

[URL="http://www.infinitemac.com/f87/"] (http://www.infinitemac.com/f87/)

RetroRen
12-02-2009, 08:54 PM
There are two things keeping you from a working system. One is that the Phenom II X2 550 runs at 3.1 GHz. OS X has a problem with running with a higher multiplier than 15 on AMD systems and will instantly reboot after choosing the OS in Chameleon. Set the multiplier to 15 (3.0GHz) and you should be good. The other thing is having more than 4GB of RAM. Use the switch "maxmem=4096 -v" without quotes in your com.apple.Boot.plist or at Chameleon when choosing the OS. It isn't in the graphical options, but if you just start typing you'll see it at the bottom of the screen. Also make sure that you're using AHCI mode for all SATA controllers until you get the system going.

I personally have a Phenom II 550 and a GA-MA790FX-DS5 (nearly the same chipset) and used these methods to successfully boot Snow Leopard.

Good luck.

Actually I have multi at 15, my Phenom works at 3.0 Ghz all the time, all drives are set to AHCI, and I tried booting with maxmem=2048 on Chameleon but it didnt help :(

I envy you, you have a working SL ;)
What guide did you follow?

blackknight
12-03-2009, 12:29 AM
Actually I have multi at 15, my Phenom works at 3.0 Ghz all the time, all drives are set to AHCI, and I tried booting with maxmem=2048 on Chameleon but it didnt help :(

I envy you, you have a working SL ;)
What guide did you follow?

Actually, I used this guide. What kernel are you using? Are you trying to run with -force64? You shouldn't have to go to 2048MB of RAM, just 4096. What other kexts are you using? The only kexts that I'm using that are needed are fakesmc 2.5Are you using PC_EFIv10.3+? Also, I notice you're using a Radeon 3850. I'm pretty sure that you won't have working QE/CI with SL, but I haven't checked lately so I could be wrong.

RetroRen
12-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Actually, I used this guide. What kernel are you using? Are you trying to run with -force64? You shouldn't have to go to 2048MB of RAM, just 4096. What other kexts are you using? The only kexts that I'm using that are needed are fakesmc 2.5Are you using PC_EFIv10.3+? Also, I notice you're using a Radeon 3850. I'm pretty sure that you won't have working QE/CI with SL, but I haven't checked lately so I could be wrong.

I didnt try -force64 so far, I thought that 64 bit doesnt work for AMD?
anyway, I tried now with maxmem=4096, it didnt help.
I used the latest chameleon version.
I tried with bunch of kext in Extra/Extensions folder:
AHCIPortinjector, AppleRTC, ATAPortInjector, Disabler, Fakesmc, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, JMicronATAInjector, NullCPUPowerManagement, OpenHaltRestart, PlatformUUID

You think it would work with only fakesmc?

I'm not sure about radeon 3850, but for start it would be good to even boot SL without QE/CI. I'll worry about that when I get into SL :)

blackknight
12-03-2009, 08:43 AM
I didnt try -force64 so far, I thought that 64 bit doesnt work for AMD?
anyway, I tried now with maxmem=4096, it didnt help.
I used the latest chameleon version.
I tried with bunch of kext in Extra/Extensions folder:
AHCIPortinjector, AppleRTC, ATAPortInjector, Disabler, Fakesmc, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, JMicronATAInjector, NullCPUPowerManagement, OpenHaltRestart, PlatformUUID

You think it would work with only fakesmc?

I'm not sure about radeon 3850, but for start it would be good to even boot SL without QE/CI. I'll worry about that when I get into SL :)

Are you using Qoopz new kernel? If not, you should. That would get rid of AppleRTC.kext, Disabler, NullCPUPM, PlatformUUID and OpenHaltRestart. You should use the latest Fakesmc from netkas.org and your AHCI/ATA kexts (those shouldn't cause a problem) and Qoopz 10.6.0 or 10.6.2 kernel. I also recommend updating to PC_EFIv10.5 from netkas.org as well.

RetroRen
12-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Are you using Qoopz new kernel? If not, you should. That would get rid of AppleRTC.kext, Disabler, NullCPUPM, PlatformUUID and OpenHaltRestart. You should use the latest Fakesmc from netkas.org and your AHCI/ATA kexts (those shouldn't cause a problem) and Qoopz 10.6.0 or 10.6.2 kernel. I also recommend updating to PC_EFIv10.5 from netkas.org as well.

Will try that.
I didnt find any SL kext for my chipset (790x)? Where did You find them?

blackknight
12-03-2009, 10:46 PM
There is no such thing as a kext for a chipset. There are kexts for the ethernet, sound, ATA/SATA and such that are part of a chipset, but nothing for the chipset itself.

RetroRen
12-04-2009, 06:51 AM
There is no such thing as a kext for a chipset. There are kexts for the ethernet, sound, ATA/SATA and such that are part of a chipset, but nothing for the chipset itself.

I know, I ment SB750 SATA/ATA kext.
I have that kext for 10.5 but it didnt work well, so I use Leopard without that kext.

dagger
12-04-2009, 07:02 AM
I've managed to follow the instructions here and in iHackintosh and successfully installed SL on my AMD machine (which has a running 10.5.8 Leopard) on an extra 40GB IDE drive (using AppleNforceATA.kext), using GUID partition. I run it with -x32 flag for 32-bit mode.

There was no sound at first, but managed to use the AppleAC97Audio.kext in 32-bit mode (64-bit won't accept any of the 32-bit driver obviously). The issue now is how to make my graphics card work. Whenever I set the EFI string (Nvidia 7300GT 256 DDR2) on com.apple.Boot.plist inside the /Extra folder and reboot to the disk, the mouse is screwed up (going everywhere) and the interface is just sluggish (imagine a slow motion effect on your monitor).

Wondering if the SL NVDANV40Hal.kext has something to do with it or if there's already a solution for this issue. I've searched for days now on all forums and have yet to find a problem similar to mine.

Any help to resolve this would be great, so I may go to the next problem which is the Disk Utility repair issue (that I've already seen a solution to but requires me to have another running SL).

EDIT: Suddenly dawned on me that this is a QE/CI issue, so now I know what to look for particularly and hoping that there's a solution out there.

blackknight
12-04-2009, 07:32 AM
I know, I ment SB750 SATA/ATA kext.
I have that kext for 10.5 but it didnt work well, so I use Leopard without that kext.

You need to use the AppleATIATA.kext for SL. I can't remember where I saw it, but I think it was on insanelymac.com forums in the hardware section. I personally just use AHCI as it always works in OS X, but I have it just in case. I also have a modified AppleOnboardPCATA.kext that is modified the same way as the leopard version as it seems to enable the 5th and 6th SATA ports when set to IDE mode for DVD-Roms. It was also found on insanelymac.com, but like I said, I usually use AHCI as it works the easiest.

RetroRen
12-04-2009, 09:42 AM
You need to use the AppleATIATA.kext for SL. I can't remember where I saw it, but I think it was on insanelymac.com forums in the hardware section. I personally just use AHCI as it always works in OS X, but I have it just in case. I also have a modified AppleOnboardPCATA.kext that is modified the same way as the leopard version as it seems to enable the 5th and 6th SATA ports when set to IDE mode for DVD-Roms. It was also found on insanelymac.com, but like I said, I usually use AHCI as it works the easiest.

I saw one here:
http://www.infinitemac.com/f36/ati-ata-driver-optimized-for-snow-leopard-t4441/post37535.html

Perhaps this one could work I will also give it a try...
Also I tried with only fakesmc kext and with qoopz kernel and updated PC EFI 10.5 boot file, no go :(

blackknight
12-04-2009, 10:13 AM
That's actually the one I was thinking of. I haven't tried it myself, but I use the previous version and it works great, so the new one should especially since it's optimized for SL.

Are you still getting a KP? If so, is there a kext associated with it that's causing it? Also, it might be a good idea to start with a new clean install. I also forgot to mention that you should use Marvin's AMD utility to remove CPUIDs and unencrypt the system, though that shouldn't be causing a KP. Could you post a picture of the KP you're getting?

RetroRen
12-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Are you still getting a KP? If so, is there a kext associated with it that's causing it? Also, it might be a good idea to start with a new clean install. I also forgot to mention that you should use Marvin's AMD utility to remove CPUIDs and unencrypt the system, though that shouldn't be causing a KP. Could you post a picture of the KP you're getting?

This is the one I've been getting a lot:
http://www.imagesforme.com/upload/78e3dca4.jpg?id=2ad036a8b519dace393138303538

I get a different KP when using different kernels (modbin and qoopz), but there is no kext mentioned in both cases, I think they are all kernel related.

I tried clean installs more then 10 times using various methods (this one, Empire Efi + SL DVD, SnoeOSX Universal distro...), but it always ends up the same way. I thought I should use Marvin's AMD patcher after I boot into SL?

blackknight
12-04-2009, 10:32 AM
One thing is that I've never been able to get modbin's to work. I got that same KP that you just posted with. I was able to get the test7 kernel and both Qoopz to work.

I have one more question: do you have ACC enabled in the bios? If not I suggest you do. Also, disable any inboard devices you're not using like serial and parallel ports, etc.

RetroRen
12-04-2009, 11:18 AM
One thing is that I've never been able to get modbin's to work. I got that same KP that you just posted with. I was able to get the test7 kernel and both Qoopz to work.

I have one more question: do you have ACC enabled in the bios? If not I suggest you do. Also, disable any inboard devices you're not using like serial and parallel ports, etc.

Isnt test7 actually modbins kernel? I tried test7, it didnt work. I think ACC is on, I will check all of that when I get home and try another fresh install, but I will power off not only inboard devices but all other drives.

RetroRen
12-04-2009, 09:20 PM
I seem to be making serious progress :)
I did a clean install with some new kext combination and qoopz kernel, and I was able to boot all the way to - black screen. I used maxmem=4096 flag. I also got cmos reset with every restart.

I fixed CMOS reset with editing dsdt file, but I couldnt find any kext for my VGA :(
I saw that people where able to boot to SL with deleting all the ati kexts from S/L/E folder, so I did that and I got a step further - now I have a graphic screen saying that my keyboard is not being recognized.

I have a PS2 keyboard and a voodoops2controller kext in my E/E folder. Iguess it doesnt work, I'm gonna try a better one.

Thank for your help blacknight :)

blackknight
12-04-2009, 09:34 PM
I seem to be making serious progress :)
I did a clean install with some new kext combination and qoopz kernel, and I was able to boot all the way to - black screen. I used maxmem=4096 flag. I also got cmos reset with every restart.

I fixed CMOS reset with editing dsdt file, but I couldnt find any kext for my VGA :(
I saw that people where able to boot to SL with deleting all the ati kexts from S/L/E folder, so I did that and I got a step further - now I have a graphic screen saying that my keyboard is not being recognized.

I have a PS2 keyboard and a voodoops2controller kext in my E/E folder. Iguess it doesnt work, I'm gonna try a better one.

Thank for your help blacknight :)

I knew we'd get you going eventually. Now, for your VGA, I believe we can get you going with resolution changing and such, but you need to update put back the ATI kexts, except for ATIRadeonX2000.kext. You'll also need to add a key in your com.apple.Boot.plist for enabling the graphicsenabler. I'm assuming you're using PC_EFIv10.5 now, so you should be good. You'll need to look at netkas.org for his post on enabling ati bios injection using PC_EFI. I'll get you the link if you can't find it. As for the keyboard, I'd just get a cheap USB keyboard and mouse. I haven't used PS/2 in a very long time, so I didn't run into that problem.

RetroRen
12-04-2009, 10:01 PM
I knew we'd get you going eventually. Now, for your VGA, I believe we can get you going with resolution changing and such, but you need to update put back the ATI kexts, except for ATIRadeonX2000.kext. You'll also need to add a key in your com.apple.Boot.plist for enabling the graphicsenabler. I'm assuming you're using PC_EFIv10.5 now, so you should be good. You'll need to look at netkas.org for his post on enabling ati bios injection using PC_EFI. I'll get you the link if you can't find it. As for the keyboard, I'd just get a cheap USB keyboard and mouse. I haven't used PS/2 in a very long time, so I didn't run into that problem.

Successfull boot to SL :)
Used maxmem=4096 -v -x32 flags
No QE,CI, no sound for now.
Oddly, my keyboard is working now after i installed some ps2 kexts, but my ps2 mouse is not working now, so i put other usb mouse.

I already added this lines to boot.plist:
string></string>
<key>Boot Graphics</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>

Is that good?
Then I will try to get my sound and mouse working :)

blackknight
12-05-2009, 12:23 AM
Successfull boot to SL :)
Used maxmem=4096 -v -x32 flags
No QE,CI, no sound for now.
Oddly, my keyboard is working now after i installed some ps2 kexts, but my ps2 mouse is not working now, so i put other usb mouse.

I already added this lines to boot.plist:
string></string>
<key>Boot Graphics</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>Is that good?
Then I will try to get my sound and mouse working :)

Add this to your plist:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>y</string>

That should allow you to have resolution changing, etc. without QE/CI. If not, you will need to download the bios file for your graphics card and do a little bit more to your boot.plist. Try it with just those lines I mentioned first and see if it works. Make sure you put back the ATI files excluding ATIRadeonX2000.kext. If it doesn't work, then you might just have to use:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>your resolution here</string> (e.g. 1280x1024x32)

instead of the lines I wrote before.

Also, Qoopz kernel defaults to 32-bit mode, so you shouldn't need -x32. Once you get Marvin's tool going and patch the CPUIDs, you can try using the -force64 flag along with maxmem=8192, though it is not going to be entirely stable until CPUID patching is implemented in the latest kernel.

As for sound, I am under the impression that the only working way to get sound is using AppleAzalia.kext as I have had no luck with AppleHDA or VoodooHDA.

dagger
12-05-2009, 08:25 AM
I'll make this post quick and simple. I've almost have SL working on my AMD machine, just need a way to make QE/CI work using the 7300GT.

Any thoughts on how?

RetroRen
12-05-2009, 11:11 AM
If it doesn't work, then you might just have to use:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>your resolution here</string> (e.g. 1280x1024x32)

instead of the lines I wrote before.

Also, Qoopz kernel defaults to 32-bit mode, so you shouldn't need -x32. Once you get Marvin's tool going and patch the CPUIDs, you can try using the -force64 flag along with maxmem=8192, though it is not going to be entirely stable until CPUID patching is implemented in the latest kernel.

Thanx for the tips :)
This is the situation so far:

Resolution works at 1280x1024x32
VGA is recognized as Radeon 3800 series, but with no QE or CI
Ethernet works
Restart and shutdown work
No sound
Patched binaries with Marvins patcher 85/87 were succesfully patched
I/m able to boot 64bit mode using -force64 boot flag.

Next steps are transfering my apps and stuff from 10.5.5 via Migration assistant, then I will try to get QE and CI, then sound, and test it for stability with some hard core usage.
If its all gonna work and gonna be stable, I will use it as my primary system :)

blackknight
12-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Good to hear how far you've gotten. You say that resolution works, but does that mean that you can change it in display preferences, or do you have to manually enter it in Boot.plist? Also, since nobody has any hd 2000/3000 cards working with QE/CI, I wouldn't expect it to work for you. If you want to use it as a primary system, I recommend getting a 4000 series card and sell the 3850. If you plan on also using Leopard, I believe you will need a 4800 series card.

You might want to re-run marvin's utility once you've migrated your files as the kernel you used in 10.5.5 probably included the on-the-fly patcher.

RetroRen
12-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Good to hear how far you've gotten. You say that resolution works, but does that mean that you can change it in display preferences, or do you have to manually enter it in Boot.plist? Also, since nobody has any hd 2000/3000 cards working with QE/CI, I wouldn't expect it to work for you. If you want to use it as a primary system, I recommend getting a 4000 series card and sell the 3850. If you plan on also using Leopard, I believe you will need a 4800 series card.

You might want to re-run marvin's utility once you've migrated your files as the kernel you used in 10.5.5 probably included the on-the-fly patcher.

I've got the resolution manually in the Boot.plist. 3850 works without GE/CI in SL, but in Leopard I have QE/CI enabled. I had a lot of problems with making it completely work but it works.

I was thinking about getting a newer card, but I was thinking about radeon 5000 series, but tthey will probably not work in SL for a few more months.

One more question. I would like to change the boot file on my 10.5.5 disk so I can boot both 10.5 and 10.6 from that disk, but will it hurt booting my 10.5.5?

Josh2022
12-10-2009, 12:14 AM
Hey all,

I am having an issue I hope you can assist me with.

I followed the instructions and installed Snow Leopard on to an external USB drive (old 80gb IDE HDD inside). The install went fine, within an hour I was successfully booted into Snow Leopard on my PC. Everything worked so well in fact I decided to do the same install on an internal SATA drive. I cleared out one storage hard drive and followed the instructions again.

Originally I was getting a black screen, the error was either SMC related, or "Device in Slot 1" related. Today I happen to have my USB headset plugged in, and when I booted up to test - I heard the welcome music (the music the first time you turn on OSX and go to the registration page) coming through my speakers, but again no video other then the black screen in -v mode. (I also tried -pci0/-pci1 and -x -- none were sucessful).

Anyways, I took out my Video Card ( I have a Sapphire 4870 1GB card ) and switched to onboard video in BIOS. The system booted up fine with no flags. I entered the system with no issues at all and it is working fine as we speak. I turned off the computer and put the 4870 in again and tried to boot, but it went right back to the black screen.

What confuses me is I had to do absolutely nothing reguarding my Video Card when installing to the external USB drive, but for some reason, while installing to my internal SATA drive, my video card will not operate correctly.

(Note: during one of my many tests I copied over the boot file, kernel, /Extras/ folder to my internal sata drive from my working external drive install (i rebuilt the mkext file and changed the UUIDs to the internal.. but that did not work either.)).

Any suggestions on what I can try to do to be able to use my 4870?

Summary:

-- Can boot into OSX with internal graphics.
-- Black screen when attempting to boot with Radeon 4870.
-- External USB drive works fine WITH the 4870 in.

Mobo and GPU:

Motherboard: Gigabit MA-790GP-UD4H
VC: Sapphire 4870 1GB
Processor: Phenom II x4 920 (4x 3.0GHz)

Thanks very much!

biird
12-19-2009, 09:17 AM
I finally upgraded my AMD box to SL. Everything appears to be working except About This Mac; it's crashing, logging out and logging back in like it would back on 10.5.2...I can't seem to find a fix for this on SL (tried the old patches, nothing). Anyone heard of this or have a fix for it? Thanks!

EDIT: JK, finding a bunch of issues with volume slider and such. Either way, I haven't found anything regarding the About This Mac crash

indy1298
12-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Hi guys. So Ive been at this all day and I still cant get it working. I got it installed but my computer just turns off after a while before booting into snow leopard.

I have tried multiple different options and used all of -v busratio=20 cpus=1, -v arch=i386 and cpus =1 -v. No matter what I do my computer shuts off by itself. Before it shuts off I get kernel panic saying "CPu halted" and "can't get kextd port" and lastly "poweroff still waiting on appleusbeechi".

I have been trying to match the iPC install I used for leopard. To install that and get full funtionality all I had to do was install:

- voodoo kernel(which i obviously know i cant use for snow leopard);
- appleNForceATA.
- ALC88ad2
-AppleSMBios-AnV-MacPro

I only had to install these and i got everything working.

I have a hp 8530f
which includes:
-Motherboard: ASUS M2N78-LA
-Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 8200 (MCP78PV)
-Graphics GeForce 9300 GS (256 MB)
256 MB GDDR2 memory
I/O Ports: HDMI and DVI (and VGA using included DVI-to-VGA adapter)

- I used OSX86 to insert a graphics string to get video card working in iPC.

Anyways any help or advice would be wickedly... out of this world... awesomely... appreciated!

Thanks!

ushpiy
12-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Update: Used Apple Azalia Audio kext for sound and it works great. :)
Thank you everyone for helping me setup SL on my system.
-----
thanks (everyone in the osx86 community)
SL is working fine.
though had some very tough KPs and issues but managed to resolve them and am thinking of publishing my own guide
now only audio is left
i used the apple azalia audio kext in leopard and everything worked fine
what should i use in sl, anyone has any idea? how they got their audio working
when i use voodoohda.kext the sound is very garbled
so please help me on this part

@biird
read the entire thread for solutions to ur problems

@indy1298
i am sorry i cant help u
maybe u should try a re-install?
or use qoopz kernel

indy1298
12-23-2009, 10:31 AM
K guys I got it booted via maxmem=4096 but still have a few problems plz help.

1) The only way i can get to the bootloader is by selecting boot device via the bios and then booting to harddrive. If i just let the computer do its thing the screen goes blank and it does not change even if i turn the computer on and off. The only way i can get it to boot back to the bios is by turning the power supply off for 10 seconds and then on.

2) How do i integrate maxmem=4096 into the bootloader so i dont have to type it in everytime.

3)Half the time i boot into sl none of the applications work... the other half only safari and itunes dont work.

4) it only shows one core working.. i used AppleSMBios-AnV-MacPro to get all the cores show on ipc but it does not work with sl. Anyway i can get it to work?

After a week of trying i finally got some kind of SL booted but please help me get these issues sorted and make the the happiest hackintosh SL user on the planet.

thanks in advance!

dagger
01-18-2010, 04:54 AM
I think I understand now what's happening to my Nvidia 7300GT on SL. QE/CI apparently works, but the problem is OpenCL which (according to Nvidia) is not OpenCL compatible.

Could this be the cause why my SL is so sluggish? Please somebody answer.

erineos
03-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Hello to everyone! I am glad to be here!

I am trying to install Mac OS X 10.6 to an AMD PC. My motherboard is the ASUS M4A79T Deluxe. While the Mac OS X 10.6 DVD is loading (with the help of the latest Empire EFI boot cd), i am getting a message that there is no DSDT found and i am getting a kernel panic. What i must do?

Thank you very much!

Maleo
03-14-2010, 03:04 PM
After an successful install n boot into snow leopard i found some problem iTunes is crashing everytime..
the problem is the amd legacy kernel from modbin for snow leopard doen't have a on fly cpuids patch like voodoo based kermel so we need to do a cpuids patch.
u can use a Marvin's AMD Utilities to do this patch.
for Fix some problem u can run a cpuid patch on :

iTunes

/System/Library/QuickTime/
and
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/

Spotlight
/System/Library/PreferencePanes/Spotlight.prefPane

Arya, please help me with this.... what is the file that's contain CPUID to run cpuid patch

and how to enable QE/CI on my VGA 9600GT 512MB
http://image.oprekpc.com/images/187_screen_shot_2010_03_14_at_11.0.png

TheEdge_
03-15-2010, 11:46 PM
Hello to everyone! I am glad to be here!

I am trying to install Mac OS X 10.6 to an AMD PC. My motherboard is the ASUS M4A79T Deluxe. While the Mac OS X 10.6 DVD is loading (with the help of the latest Empire EFI boot cd), i am getting a message that there is no DSDT found and i am getting a kernel panic. What i must do?

Thank you very much!

I have the same motherboard and got the same problem. Using the Empire EFI for AMD Processors no problem booting up on the empire cd works great.
I can also change to the osx cd and start it.. it starts to load alot of files and then after a while i get a kernel panic. so i tried cpus=1 -f -v -x -s and could see it loaded alot of file http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3346837/PICT1847.AVI <-- little video of what it is doing.

After a while it stops with this screen http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3346837/PICT1850.JPG and when i hit return i get this http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3346837/PICT1861.JPG

Sorry for shitty pictures

Anyone how has an ide of what is wrong and who can put me in the right direction or maybe to site where i can find more info. maybe i am looking in the wrong places coz. can't find any info.

Your can get more info in my signature

erineos
03-16-2010, 12:27 AM
I am getting exactly the same things.

oyko
04-07-2010, 10:35 AM
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6372/screenshot20090821at823.jpg

Before we begin to install Snow leopard On AMD system we need to prepare some file :

1. Kernel : Because AMD cant boot with vanila kernel..
for me the most success kernel is mach_kernel.test7 from modbin.
test7 its because its kernel number 7 i have test from modbin (all other kernel get me a KP)
you can get the kernel : here (http://rapidshare.com/files/270141107/mach_kernel_test7.rar)
2. Chameleon rc 2.640 pkg... you can get it from their website or : here (http://rapidshare.com/files/270145011/Chameleon-2.0-RC2-r640.pkg)
3. boot file to replace chameleon 2 boot file : here (http://rapidshare.com/files/270118258/boot.rar)
4. DSDT.aml for your system. Google it to find out how
you will need a cmos reset fix in your DSDT.aml, DSDT patch also can be use to make your HDA sound working with vanilla AppleHDA.kext
5. Some kext like:

dsmos.kext - required to decrypt encrypted binaries
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext - attaches in place of the real AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement which doesn't work right on PCs (kernel panic, cpu running hot)
OpenHaltRestart.kext - very simple kext that makes reboot and shutdown work on PCs
PlatformUUID.kext - sets the platform UUID so that you have a uniform UUID from the very start of the boot.. this UUID is used in your preferences files (among other things) and I think it is important for a clean install to have this right from the first boot.

you can get it here (http://rapidshare.com/files/270147654/Snow_Kext.zip)

Next Step Installing Snow...
(install from a working leopard)
1. prepare an empty volume with disk utilities n get the uuid of the volume in this sample name it "snow''

Make sure that the new volume's root directory is owned by the root user.
chown 0:0 /Volumes/Snow

2. Mount the installer
a. if you have a GPT (GUUID Partition Table)
mount the snow leopard installation dmg/iso
open /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg

b if you have an MBR partition u need to edit the OSInstall.mpkg or you can download : here (http://rapidshare.com/files/270169211/OSInstall.mpkg.zip)
u can restore the dmg/iso to an empty partition and change the Osinstall.mpkg its located on /Volume/"some volume name"/System/Installation/Packages/
run the Os install.mpkg

3. Install Snow leopard to targeted volume
4. Install Chameleon Rc 2.640 to targeted volume.
5. Replace the boot file
5. Place the new kernel in the root of volume
6. create an smbios.plist and place in to /Extra (in the targeted volume)
this is the dummy:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MP21.88Z.005C.B01.0608221120</string>
<key>SMbiosdate</key>
<string>04/01/2008</string>
<key>SMboardmanufacturer</key>
<string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F4208DC8</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacPro</string>
<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro2,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>W88033AKY51</string>
<key>SMsystemversion</key>
<string>1.0</string>
<key>SMUUID</key>
<string>00000000-0000-1000-8000-000000000000</string>
<key>SMmemtype</key>
<string>24</string>
<key>SMmemspeed</key>
<string>1600</string>
<key>SMmemmanufacter</key>
<string>Apple Computer Inc.</string>
<key>SMmemserial</key>
<string>100000000</string>
<key>SMmempart</key>
<string>1</string>
<!--
<key>SMexternalclock</key>
<string></string>
<key>SMmaximalclock</key>
<string></string>
-->
</dict>
</plist>

change the UUID with volume UUID that u have before (point 1)
also place the UUID in the PlatformUUID.kext its located on PlatformUUID.kext/content/info.plist

7. Place dmos.kext, PlatformUUID.kext, Openhaltrestart.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in /Extra/Extensions/
8. Edit your /extra/com.apple.Boot.plist
this is just a sample with EfiString for my nVidia Geforce 9600 GT
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel.test7</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>6c0200000100000001000000600200000d00000002010c00d0 41030a010000000101060000100101060000007fff04000e00 00004e00560050004d00000020000000010000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000220000005600 520041004d002c0074006f00740061006c00730069007a0065 00000008000000000000201c00000064006500760069006300 65005f00740079007000650000000f0000004e5644412c5061 72656e740e0000006e0061006d00650000000b000000646973 706c617922000000400030002c006400650076006900630065 005f00740079007000650000000b000000646973706c617922 000000400031002c006400650076006900630065005f007400 79007000650000000b000000646973706c6179100000006d00 6f00640065006c0000001a0000006e5669646961204765466f 726365203936303020475420000000400031002c0063006f00 6d00700061007400690062006c00650000000e0000004e5644 412c4e564d616314000000400030002c006e0061006d006500 0000120000004e5644412c446973706c61792d411400000040 0031002c006e0061006d0065000000120000004e5644412c44 6973706c61792d4220000000400030002c0063006f006d0070 0061007400690062006c00650000000e0000004e5644412c4e 564d6163100000004e00560043004100500000001800000004 000000000003000c00000000000007000000001e0000007200 6f006d002d007200650076006900730069006f006e0000002e 0000006e5669646961204765466f7263652039363030204754 204f70656e474c20456e67696e65205b4546495d</string>
</dict>
</plist>

9. Place your fixed DSDT.aml in the root of targeted volume
10. if you have other kext like voodooHDA or sumthing you can also install it (i use dsdt to get my sound working)

11. Reboot your PC and boot from targeted volume

Good Luck....

Update:
P.S Please Check Post #3 for some fix.....

I can not create DSDT.aml It always error (many errors). How to solve it? Can I boot to SL without DSDT.aml????
Thank you

promaestrox
04-19-2010, 03:18 PM
I am a noob at hackintosh. I followed the steps to install snow leopard on amd pc. Restored image to thumb drive.
Installed chameleon rc2, but failed.
I only succeded after changing the additional options to chameleon efi hfs and not the standard.
As a result, the bootloader boots but is unable to boot from my os x install usb.
Can any one help me with this? By the way, the usb is not in GUID partition.

ddease2
11-12-2010, 07:50 AM
I just figure out that my memory isn't correctly viewed in system profiler
It should be DDR2 instead of DDR3 and 667/800 MHz instead of 1600MHz,
i think that's why some application like e.g. photoshop, illustrator
crash after opening :

"i think that's why some application like e.g. photoshop, illustrator
crash after opening :"

Have you figured out why this is happening? I've installed CS5 Master suite and everything works but Illustrator. I got CS4 to open by removing an palette plugin, but I can't get CS5 to open. Photoshop, InDesign and the rest are fine.

Any ideas or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

DRD2

__________________________________________________ _____________________
Snow Leopard 10.6.4 Retail
AMD Phenom X4 9850 2.5Ghz
4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 PC2-8500
MSI 785GTM-E45 Motherboard
GeForce 9500 GT 512MB PCI-E

timski
11-19-2010, 12:33 AM
hi there i followed the example step by set and when i boot up i get the error
Boot0: GPT
Boot0:Testing
Boot0:Testing
Boot0:Done
Boot1: /boot

would i need to install the Apple VIA kexts as i have a via chipset?

mr_kite
02-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Mine has a phenom 2.5 and is running iatkos 10.6.3 very nicely using an nvidia 9500 gt card. I installed with just via chipset (supervia i believe it is) and nvenabler and I use NO NETWORK DRIVER at all and it detects my SMC gigabit card. the internal one is realtek 1000 or 8169 driver I believe but try no driver first because that may work. If i put in a realtek driver (either one) it detects card b ut doesn't connect to internet at all. in reg leopard 10.5.8 i used realtek 1000 driver, but discovered the no driver trick for Snow Leopard and have used it on other machines with realtek cards/chips. I can't seem to get 64bit to work though and I'm not sure why... (anyone have this MB working at 64 bit out there?) but with Quartz Extreme and 4 gigs ram, it's pretty damn fast! I also have a pentium Duo Quad machine running same drivers except it's intel chipset (same graphics same sound chip) and it runs 64 bit no problem. Best way to see if a MB will be 64 bit is just install chipset and nvenabler drivers first and see if it comes up in 64 bit. then add drivers one at a time for sound and network and check to see if still booting 64 bit.

Good luck!

mr_kite
02-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Mine has a phenom 2.5 and is running iatkos 10.6.3 very nicely using an nvidia 9500 gt card. I installed with just via chipset (supervia i believe it is) and nvenabler and I use NO NETWORK DRIVER at all and it detects my SMC gigabit card . the internal onboard chip is realtek 1000 or 8169 driver I believe but try no driver first because that may work. (I have gigabit router so I disabled onboard chip) If i put in a realtek driver (either one) it detects card but doesn't connect to internet at all. in reg leopard 10.5.8 i used realtek 1000 driver, but discovered the no driver trick with Snow Leopard and have used it on other machines with realtek cards/chips. I can't seem to get 64bit to work though and I'm not sure why... (anyone have this MB working at 64 bit out there?) I also have a pentium duo core 4 machine running same drivers except it's intel chipset (same graphics same sound chip) and it runs 64 bit no problem. Best way to see if a MB will be 64 bit is just install chipset and nvenabler drivers first and see if it comes up in 64 bit. then add drivers one at a time for sound and network and check to see if still booting 64 bit. The AMD is nice though because it supports virtual machines so you can use parallels which I like better than VMWare which is all I can run on my intel machine...

Good luck!

mbrubaker
03-20-2011, 05:45 PM
I have followed the instructions at the site "http://www.ihackintosh.com/2009/09/install-snow-leopard-106-on-amd-pc-hackintosh/" to try to install SL on my system with an ECS IC780M-A motherboard with an AMD Athlon II 250 CPU (dual core 3.0 Ghz). It uses the Modbin test7 kernel. When I try to boot the installation I get the following error message after the gray screen with the silver Apple logo:

"panic(CPU 0 caller 0x2e71f459):"Unsupported CPU:family=0x10,model=0x6,stepping=0x2"@/SourceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/Apple/IntelCPUPowerManagement-90/pmProcessor.c:210"

Can anyone help?

samjer111
03-22-2011, 04:58 PM
Does any onehave a low level instructions on install hackintosh on a AMD HP laptop. Thanks.

ultimo
09-18-2011, 09:02 PM
Hi aryajuanda!
Thanks for this Guide, looks like your guide is for a retail version of snow leo.
I have a couple of questions to get a better understanding, Am running a leohazard 10.6.1 & want to go to lion, but wait for the amd kernel is longer than expected.
Does going onto retail version installation make update work from apple without much modding?
I have tried updating my hackintosh & have failed on all occasions.
For now I want to get my hands on the Mac App Store & wait till a stable amd lion is out.
So in order to install it, I need the combo update 10.6.6.

If I follow this guide, does retail 10.6.3 help or should it be 10.6?
Can I fetch a few files from my current hackintosh like the com.apple.boot.plist, boot file?

Thanks in advance :)

ultimo
09-21-2011, 09:11 AM
I downloaded the retail of 10.6.0, trying that....

EDIT:
I end up with Still waiting for root device, yes I have an ide optical drive & a hd, I disconnected both & faced the same issue.
Cloned the prepped partition before installing chameleon as chameleon installation is failing, I already have it for my current hackintosh :D

Kindly help me out here.

Or tell me on how can I get the MAS (Mac Apple Store working on my current rig)