PDA

View Full Version : SL 10A432 Installed, Running.. Few issues though

shnhrrsn
08-22-2009, 07:39 PM
For the most part, the SL install went awesome. I followed the guide in this forum by sk1nhd33t, and things were smooth.

There's only a few things that are causing some issues for me right now:

No Audio (ALC889A)
UPDATE: Fixed with 64bit version of VoodooHDA.kext
Everytime I reboot, my BIOS says it's corrupted due to a checksum issue, and asks me to restore from the last known good setting -- is this an issue with my DSDT file?
UPDATE: Fixed with http://netkas.org/?p=114 and iASLMe.app
My SATA drives aren't being detected unless I use ACHI mode
Ethernet works (8111B), however there seems to be an issue with Bonjour as I'm not seeing the other Bonjour shares in the office, but I do see computers with SMB turned on
Sleep does't work, though, I haven't tried anything to fix this yet since it's not of high importance to me

A rundown of my system:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4
Processor: Intel C2Q 2.66GHz (Being detected as 2.7GHz)
Memory: 16GB 800MHz DDR2, fully detected, working 100%
2 TB SATA Drives, Need to use ACHI Mode
Audio: Realtek ALC889A - Working fully
Video Card: Nvidia 8800GT 512MB - Working fully
Ethernet: Realtek 8111B, working with the exception of Bonjour

Any help anyone could offer would be great!

Thanks

DocShadow
08-22-2009, 08:07 PM
For audio you can try the DSDT fix (didn't work for me .... even using someone else's DSDT file) or you can install VoodooHDA.kext in S/L/E ... I have sound using that kext in both 32 and 64 bit ..... no distortion issues, mute works.

For sleep try ... SleepEnabler + NullCPUPower Management ... they are both needed. My sleeps and awakes OK but will not sleep automatically.

shnhrrsn
08-22-2009, 08:13 PM
VoodooHDA.kext worked great! thanks! I'll try SleepEnabler/NullCPUPowerManagement now, can I put that in E/E or does it have to go in S/L/E?

DocShadow
08-22-2009, 08:16 PM
It works from E/E.

SilverZero
08-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Sorry to butt in, but there is a lot of talk about installing kexts to /S/L/E or /E/E. I always thought it was best to put any non-standard (i.e. installed by the installer) kexts in /E/E. Is that not necessarily the convention anymore? I guess it's really a matter of how safe I want to be against updates breaking my install in that respect, but are there any kexts that really should go in /S/L/E instead of /E/E?

DocShadow
08-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Try E/E first but some (like Voodoo) only work from S/L/E.

I color code all my custom kexts and make a backup that way when I update I can easily put back those that I need ... or still work. :D

SilverZero
08-23-2009, 11:07 PM
That's a good way to go. :) Thanks!