PDA

View Full Version : Snow Leopard on Toshiba Satellite M305D

cokewithvanilla
08-22-2009, 11:11 PM
I have never used a mac, and I want to try out snow leopard. I have download SL and many., many leopard distros (only one which has worked). I am very new at this, but I really want to get SL working along side of Windows 7

I have a toshiba satellite m305d-s4829

AMD turion x2 rm-70 cpu
Amd M7870v chipset
ATi 3100 graphics
Atheros 5008 wlan
Marvell lan
TSST Corp SATA dvd
250 giog toshiba sata hard drive
02 micro card reader

So far, the most successful I have been is getting Leopard to work with crappy vid resolution and no wlan

can anyone help me get SL up... keep in mind, I am a reletive noob. I saw the thread on getting SL on amd and it wasn't detailed enough for me to follow.

NIXin
08-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Running SL when you have no experience with OS X will be really difficult, I suggest you try with Leopard that has lots of working solutions for your configuration (especially that you're machine is not Intel-based).

Cheers

teamred
09-12-2009, 07:30 PM
I have a satellite m305d-s4831 and I have been trying to get any version of osx running on it. What leopard distro worked for you?
iAtkos 5i, lawlessppc 10.5.4, Zephroth's amd 10.5.1, and several others have failed me.

pdave54
09-14-2009, 06:29 AM
Try IPC 10.5.6 final, use voodoo kernel
cheers

lemn
09-14-2009, 07:09 AM
i also have a toshiba laptop, and can't get past the ioapic error, no matter what distro i try. as far as i know, it's because of the crippled bios by toshiba, that won't let me select ahci mode, so i'm stuck with windows.
if someone has any ideas, please let me know, i really want to get out of the windows hell :)
i tried the "plug an usb drive when you get the ioapic error", but it did not work.

10-10-2009, 10:34 PM
I got Snow Leopard to work great on a Toshiba Satellite l305 with Vanilla kernel. And Chameleon boot loader, It was the Golden Master Edition of Snow Leopard.
I got Sound , LAN and keyboard and track pad working, WIFI and fully working USB is a work in progress.

thingsithinkithink
11-24-2009, 03:28 PM
i also have a toshiba laptop, and can't get past the ioapic error, no matter what distro i try. as far as i know, it's because of the crippled bios by toshiba, that won't let me select ahci mode, so i'm stuck with windows.
if someone has any ideas, please let me know, i really want to get out of the windows hell :)
i tried the "plug an usb drive when you get the ioapic error", but it did not work.

Check the osx86 forums at insanely mac... I read something about some BIOS patching for Toshibas they had done. (Could be harmful if you mess up!) I think I googled toshiba satellite osx86 or something like that. I know someone DID have a successful install over there with a toshi satellite. But no usb or wifi.... YET.

Sorry, I don't have a link...