PDA

View Full Version : what do i tick at kalyway customization

vishal.tomer
08-25-2009, 05:07 PM
what customization settings i should choose for following sys. configurations and what kexts to add to kalyway iso
intel p4, 3.07 gigahz, 512 mb of RAM(it shows me 448 mb), 32 bit operating system
system manufacturer ATI, sys. model AWRDACPI, BIOS phoenix-award BIOS v-6.00
display
name- ATI raedeon xpress 200 series, main driver-ATI 2dvag.dll
sound realtek audio output
i use a DSL to connect to internet using ethernet port
network driver is realtek RTL8139/810xfamily fast ethernet nic

lanceomni
08-25-2009, 10:33 PM
Is this a laptop or desktop? Is there a model number?

Graphics
I have not seen much support for the xpress 200 as far as the integrated graphics are concerned (There were some people trying to get OSX to see the xpress 200 as an xpress 300 but I think it was a dead end).

You may be able to get 1024x768 graphics with no Quartz Extreme / Core Image support. Without QE/Ci you are pretty limited when it comes to playing video and running certain applications.

If its a desktop and you may be able to drop in a compatible graphics card.

Chipset
We can find out your chipset via your computer's model number to see what other issues you may have.

vishal.tomer
08-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Is this a laptop or desktop? Is there a model number?

Graphics
I have not seen much support for the xpress 200 as far as the integrated graphics are concerned (There were some people trying to get OSX to see the xpress 200 as an xpress 300 but I think it was a dead end).

You may be able to get 1024x768 graphics with no Quartz Extreme / Core Image support. Without QE/Ci you are pretty limited when it comes to playing video and running certain applications.

If its a desktop and you may be able to drop in a compatible graphics card.

Chipset
We can find out your chipset via your computer's model number to see what other issues you may have.
it is a desktop