PDA

View Full Version : Need Help - LOST Everything.

greenster
08-27-2009, 03:40 PM
So I tired to install the iAtoks v7.
The install went smooth, but after restart the bootloader did not funtion.
I was unable to boot in vista or osx86.
I removed the 0sx86 partition through the install disk.
After restart, still unable to boot into vista.

I booted into a live distro of linux to check HD status.
My entire Vista partition had been deleted as well.

My Toshiba laptop did not ship with a restore/vista disk.
And the system recover disk I created before trying to install osx86
Is not work.
I'm unable to press F8 to get to vista recover,
And the hidden system restore toshiba puts on their laptops is not working either.

How can I fix this??? I need vista back.
Is there a way to boot into the hidden restore partion through linux??

Imkantus
08-27-2009, 04:38 PM
There are other methods to restore the windows MBR, search the web for it or at least you might be better placed with that at a Windows-Forum. ;)

You might also try to select the v1 of Chameleon or BootThink as Bootloader at iAtkos Customization, maybe one of those will work better for you.

greenster
08-29-2009, 01:42 AM
The reason the help request was made in the forum is this is the forum listed on the iatkos OSx86 site. And the damage was done while installing OSc86 not windows...

I've tried all boot-loaders provided on the OSx86 (iatkos v7) install disk.
BootThink is not an options on the iatkos v7 iso.
The only working OS i have right now is a Live Distro of Ubuntu, and I don't see an instructions on how to install Boothink through Linux.

The install of OSx86 completely wiped my harddisk. All space is unallocated now. It even wiped the "hidden" recovery partition made by toshiba.

Imkantus
08-29-2009, 08:17 AM
All I can do is to recommend you to use this - http://www.cgsecurity.org/ - it helped me to restore files from corrupt NTFS media in the past. :)

And well I don't know about the Partition configuration a Toshiba comes shipped with, but OSx86 is not known to erase the complete HD disk by itself... ;)

btw: Xiezhy is the author of BootThink, so it is part of iAtkos - just with a different package name. :)

greenster
08-29-2009, 11:04 AM
I'll check out the site. Hope it helps...
in the boot-loader options Chameleon v2 & v1 and something else, not sure what it was, but it didn't say bootThink, maybe it was the different package name.

I'm sure it's not know for erasing a HD disk, but it did. I don't know why.
I created a Partition, selected the option under customize and clicked install...
Next thing I know boom! Bootloader isnt working, and Gpart states the entire partition is unallocated.

fierytigerwolf
09-11-2009, 05:15 PM
This works perfectly just like the disc that comes with windows only thing you cant do is do a full restore http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

also to use it just boot it up and then just press accept and next and then it will ask if you wanna install vista but you use the restore windows or somethin at the bottem left.. so the same as the normal dvd :).