PDA

View Full Version : Compaq Presario f730us install issues

Pikoko
08-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Hey everyone,

iv been trying to get mac osx to install on my laptop for some time now.

the laptop spec's

CPU: AMD thlon x2 tk-55 at 1.8ghz
video: Geforce go 6100 mcp51
chipset: nforce 430 mcp51
ethernet: nforce 430 mcp51
hard drive: 120gig sata(actual size 111gig)
dvd/cd drive: pata/ide
wireless: BCM4311

Hardware Info:
10DE:0264 nVidia corp MCP51 SMBus
10DE:0269 nVidia corp MCP51 Ethernet Controller
10DE:0265 nVidia corp MCP51 IDE
10DE:0266 nVidia corp MCP51 Serial ATA Controller
14E4:4311 Broadcom Corp BCM4311 820.11b/g WLAN

iv tried
iDeneb 1.3 and 1.6(lite)
iAtkos v7
Leo4all v(unknown)

Kernals:
9.5 voodoo
9.4 xvn
and more that i just cant rember most of which all got me to the "IOKitwaitquite" deal and then it just hangs.

iv tried install with all the drivers for my devices and iv also tried it with a minimal install of the kernal and nforce drivers and "everything inbetween"

im open to ideas and will try almost anything. im looking to get osx on my laptop so i can actualy do iphone app development in a coffe shop instead of being stuck in my room with my hackintosh desktop.

Caution, rant below:

please no one say "oh just go get a macbook" iv heard that on other fourms and it bugs me that a help fourm would have people who would say that

Pikoko
08-27-2009, 08:28 PM
well now i have some promising results.

its booting and getting to a gui then getting a kernal panic.

im typing up the kernal panic right now.

the last line say

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: setup Assistant

so im thinking it has todo with the setup Assistant

this install was using iAtkos v7 with the 9.5.0 voodoo kernel and the nforce drivers only.

im gonna try to add the video drivers and see if maybe its just the start up video doing the damage
NVEnabler failed and it didnt even get to the kernel panic screen

Pikoko
08-27-2009, 11:46 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b111/hog287/IMG_0070.jpg

acidreian
10-16-2009, 08:40 AM
bro im on the same pages as you exept i havent been able to enter the gui at all i wish i could get this damn thing to work.... have you had any luck please tell me you figured it out i been searching the web for the f730us or even similar f700 series laptops with hackintosh and there is about 3 total and no info was even there.?

dregsd
06-27-2011, 04:52 PM
I was able to make it reach the home screen. I have used the snow leopard installer made by hazard which you can get from btjunkie.

I have used a usb stick to install it on my F730us using this instruction:

http://www.cnpbagwell.com/linux/asus-eee-pc-1005peb-hackintosh-install-from-linux

The instructions are linux based but I think there are other ways (such as use a MAC to create the hackintosh usb stick).

There are still things that are not working. Keyboard and trackpad is not responding. I have used a usb keyboard mouse to able to work on it. The USB keyboard is not responsive but I was able to create a login with it with soft presses :p

I'll figure something out to make this work. But some help is really appreciated :)