PDA

View Full Version : Snow Leopard on 945GZ Motherboard?

pygoscelis
08-28-2009, 07:36 AM
Any idea if Snow Leopard can run on an Intel 945GZ based mobo with Pentium D? It has GMA 950 (2772). The manufacturer of my mobo is Biostar (Model 945GZ MICRO 775 SE).

ArcticRift
08-28-2009, 07:41 AM
Good morning,

There is hope for the 945 crowd.... I haven't tested Sound... and graphics are set to 1024x768...

Pentium D 3Ghz D920 I think...
3Gig DDR2 800MHZ ram
Intel 945GM motherboard
GMA 950 Graphics
Sata hdd.....

Had to spend a day on getting it booting etc... used IOATA and IntelATA... smbois and other kexts from this forum... with 432 kern for AMD... but working FAST and stable :)

ut2211
08-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Good morning,

There is hope for the 945 crowd.... I haven't tested Sound... and graphics are set to 1024x768...

Pentium D 3Ghz D920 I think...
3Gig DDR2 800MHZ ram
Intel 945GM motherboard
GMA 950 Graphics
Sata hdd.....

Had to spend a day on getting it booting etc... used IOATA and IntelATA... smbois and other kexts from this forum... with 432 kern for AMD... but working FAST and stable :)

I have a 945Gc ICH7 with sata disk.
I have KP with appleintelpiixata (netkas)
Please give more details: bootloader, kext etc.
Thank you.

ArcticRift
08-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Heya.... to give you a quick breakdown...

I used the "How to get it running on an AMD pc" guide and the "Install Snow Leopard how to from the sticky...

That mostly helped with the dsdt.aml and UUID settings... trust me it is important.

I used the following files that are all around on the forum:

Kernel for amd Snow 10a432
AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext
IOATAFamily (When I added this in the end... everything worked for me :) )
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
OpenHalRestart.kext
PlatformUUID.kext
boot efi 10.1

The rest of the files are from the guides as mentioned. LIke I said... the UUID and dsdt.aml... with the kexts was very important.

I have all my kexts in the extras folder... except the two ATA ones... i copied them to the S/L/E folder and repaired permissions with chmod and chown..

And it works... :)

GMA 950 isn't workin 100% yet, and I get kern panic on full screen RSS screen saver or any video I want to run... but I think the solution is in adding the efi strings.

It loads the driver... but at the moment.. when I have time... I will look in to it further.

Good luck... it's worth it.... had 10.5.7 running and 10.6 is a LOTT faster for me :)

ps...was so busy following between these guides... will try and see if I left anything out...

plus I am booting with just -v

ut2211
08-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Thank you ArcticRif (http://www.infinitemac.com/../../member.php?u=9657)t,

I will try you suggestions this evening. I have a core 2 duo so I think vanilla kernel will be fine.

Regards

pygoscelis
08-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Could you attach a zip file with the kexts you used? :D Oh is the AMD guide the one on InsanelyMac?

ArcticRift
08-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Heya... this is a quick one... most of the kexts should be in here... there was an amd guide on this forum first the other forum post os a copy. The Kernel is the one called AMD 432 and not test 7

Good luck... trust me... just as you want to lose hope... it will boot... and you will smile all weekend :p

ArcticRift
08-28-2009, 03:11 PM
Quick note... this will leave you with USB keyboard and mouse...

The other kext files... is on this forum, under important files... updated regurlaly

pygoscelis
08-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Quick note... this will leave you with USB keyboard and mouse...

The other kext files... is on this forum, under important files... updated regurlaly

Thanks for the tips! But I don't get this part: this will leave you with USB keyboard and mouse :-|

ArcticRift
08-29-2009, 05:45 AM
No PS2 kext included as yet....

So you will have to use USB keyboard and mouse

spammon
08-30-2009, 12:47 AM
Heya.... to give you a quick breakdown...

I used the "How to get it running on an AMD pc" guide and the "Install Snow Leopard how to from the sticky...

That mostly helped with the dsdt.aml and UUID settings... trust me it is important.

I used the following files that are all around on the forum:

Kernel for amd Snow 10a432
AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext
IOATAFamily (When I added this in the end... everything worked for me :) )
OpenHalRestart.kext
PlatformUUID.kext
boot efi 10.1

The rest of the files are from the guides as mentioned. LIke I said... the UUID and dsdt.aml... with the kexts was very important.

I have all my kexts in the extras folder... except the two ATA ones... i copied them to the S/L/E folder and repaired permissions with chmod and chown..

And it works... :)

GMA 950 isn't workin 100% yet, and I get kern panic on full screen RSS screen saver or any video I want to run... but I think the solution is in adding the efi strings.

It loads the driver... but at the moment.. when I have time... I will look in to it further.

Good luck... it's worth it.... had 10.5.7 running and 10.6 is a LOTT faster for me :)

ps...was so busy following between these guides... will try and see if I left anything out...

plus I am booting with just -v

Works for me! Confirming for an ECS 945GZT-M motherboard. I followed your instructions. I use the nVidia 9400GT so that was working with the correct EFI String.

For anyone else that may be wondering:

* Use the kexts and follow the install instructions.
* Make sure you visit the AMD thread below for more information on the modbin kernel
* Use the bootloaders from the AMD thread. I had no luck using the modbin kernel with Chameleon r431 and better luck with r640. The thread has all the necessary files and kexts!

[AMD] Snow Leopard 10A432 Install (http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/amd-snow-leopard-10a432-install-t3727/)

*Do not forget to use the kext utility to rebuild your caches.

Note: I cannot get 64bit with this kernel. I personally prefer the 32bit kernel but anyone who is looking to go 64bit will have until another kernel or method is released.

MB: ECS 945GZT-M v1.0
CPU: 1.8 Ghz Pentium Dual-Core E2160
GPU: 512 Mbyte nVidia 9400GT
RAM: 2 Gbytes
Drives: 80gb SATA, 80gb PATA, DVD+RW PATA

Thanks!

tomahawk
09-01-2009, 02:35 PM
I to have a 945, i think my configuration caused issues though.

I am currently dual booting windows 7 (with easy bcd) and leopard 10.5.8. Installed SL to a separate SATA drive and used the kernel that Artic suggested.

Upon boot the SL SATA drive is not even showing up for me to pick from, i installed boot efi 10.1as well and placed boot in root of SL partition, no go.

Back to the drawing board for me I guess, I wonder if i should ditch windows 7 for now? Are you guys running windows as well or just leopard and SL?

Also, any help with the dsdt.aml step would be appreciated.

Siro
09-03-2009, 08:23 AM
I am wondering how to go about a Retail installation of Snow Leopard and my specs are shown below in my signature and I also made a thread recently please help me out if possible :).

Darrarski
11-15-2009, 07:30 PM
I'm trying to install Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on Gigabyte GA-945GZM-S2 with Pentium D 805 2.66 GHz processor.
I've already tried couple methods of installation from USB pendrive using Chameleon, PC-EFI etc. As a source of installation DVD I have used Snow Leopard retail DVD and Snow Leopard Server DVD, from which I've successfully installed OS X on my MacBook.
Finally, after changing kernel to mach_kernel.test7 I'm able to boot darwin(?). I was getting some kernel panics, but after choosing proper kext's suggested in this thread, I'm getting something like this:
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/7536/slscreen.th.jpg (http://img410.imageshack.us/i/slscreen.jpg/)
and nothing more happens.

The list of kext's I'm using:
AHCIPortInjector.kext
AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext
AppleRTC.kext
Disabler.kext
dsmos.kext
fakesmc.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
IOATAFamily.kext
JMicronATAInjector.kext
OpenHaltRestart.kext
PlatformUUID.kext (modified with correct USB device UUID)
SleepEnabler.kext
VoodooPowerMini.kext

I had also "cmos reset" issue, but modifying dsdt.aml solved this problem.
I wonder why I've so many problems with GA-945GZM-S2, the mainboard that should be working "out of the box" according to OSx86 Wiki.
If anyone can help, I will be grateful.

slackintosh7
03-15-2010, 09:10 AM
will definitely try this evening..my ol pentium d with d945gnt mobo at home can't wait to taste snowy leo..will give my result soon..thanks guy..