PDA

View Full Version : Chameleon RC 431 wont install within Snow Leo

xxxslayeriiixxx
08-29-2009, 01:08 AM
Alright, I have another hardrive that has Snow in it. The problem i was trying to solve was the installer packages error occuring on Diskutility. What i was trying to do was install Snow Leopard within a snow leopard system so the installer packages error would be gone. My problem now is that Chameleon would not install within Snow leopard. It keeps saying it failed to install. However, Chameleon_v1012 works flawlessly but i would prefer the latest chameleon becuase of the drag and drop of the kext and keeping away from S/L/E folder. Is there a solution to Chameleon not installing within Snow?

vultu
08-29-2009, 02:12 AM
Alright, I have another hardrive that has Snow in it. The problem i was trying to solve was the installer packages error occuring on Diskutility. What i was trying to do was install Snow Leopard within a snow leopard system so the installer packages error would be gone. My problem now is that Chameleon would not install within Snow leopard. It keeps saying it failed to install. However, Chameleon_v1012 works flawlessly but i would prefer the latest chameleon becuase of the drag and drop of the kext and keeping away from S/L/E folder. Is there a solution to Chameleon not installing within Snow?
I had this problem too but eventually works, I'm not sure, but try the following:

Open Terminal
SUDO -S
try install Chameleon again

PS.: Chameleon RC 2 works better and remember you need to change the BOOT file with version of Netkas.

xxxslayeriiixxx
08-29-2009, 05:57 AM
thank you, u just saved me alot of hassle. they should have a karma/reputation system here so i could give u one lol.