PDA

View Full Version : iATKOS_v7 install reboots

edwoodjnr
08-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Hi, I hope that you can help me. I have installed iATKOS_v7 using all of the default options which was successful but when I try to start OSX the screen displays loading Darwin and it reboots.

My specs:

3.2 GHz Intel P4 CPU socket 478
Gigabyte 8IK1100 875P chipset version FG
1GB DDR RAM, Dual
Creative SB Audigy 2
ATI X800XT Platinum
MMX, SSE, SSE2

I know my hardware is not the latest but if you have any ideas I would appreciate it.

Imkantus
08-29-2009, 01:34 PM
You need to select one out of the two voodoo based Kernel as you need to have the SSE3 Emulation Layer, the more you need to select "Intel IDE/SATA" to get it working on your ICH6 Chipset. :)

edwoodjnr
08-29-2009, 01:40 PM
thanks I will give it a try

edwoodjnr
08-29-2009, 07:46 PM
it worked, thank you!

edwoodjnr
08-30-2009, 02:35 AM
I do still have a couple of things that I could do with some help on.

1. After a clean install the mac starts fine and I can connect to the internet without any problems using ethernet. After a reboot the internet connection no longer works. During the install I selected the Intel PRO/100 LAN option

2. I have no sound at all and have enabled the AC97 onboard sound but this doesn't work. If I select voodoohda in system prefs I get an error "cant get registry-entry path" and in the sound option I get "no output device found"

Any help would be appreciated.

Imkantus
08-30-2009, 07:47 AM
Well I don't know about your LAN Problem but for the sound, I would use AppleHDA Patcher, if VoodooHDA doesn't work for you.

First of a you need to remove VoodooHDA files and to restore the AppleHDA.kext.
The more you'll need some Linux system to do so. - Just use some Knoppix CD or something if you don't have one installed.
Get latest AppleHDA Patcher here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32859

1. Go to /Library/PreferencePane and delete Voodoo.PrefPane
Go to /System/Library/Extensions and delete VoodooHDA.kext
2. It's not allowed to post MacOS X files here, but you'll find AppleHDA.kext on filestube.com
Otherwise you can extract it from you OSInstall.mpkg of your DVD using Pacifist.
3. Once you have back AppleHDA.kext restore it using KextHelper b7 get it here http://cheetha.net/
4. Boot into your Linux system, open up some Terminal and browse to /proc/asound/card0 using cd command. There should be something named codec#0 - might me named similiar.
5. Write it's content to some file using "cat codec#0 > dump.txt" save dump.txt to some USB Stick or alike so you can acess it from OS X.
6. Drop dump.txt onto Patcher Icon, wait till its done and hopefully boot into to system with working sound. Maybe you'll have to change your output device from Headphones to Line-Out into SystemConfiguration first.

Good Luck. ;)

edwoodjnr
08-31-2009, 02:11 AM
Imkantus, vielen Dank!

I got my sound working (hooray!), for anyone with an audigy card, use the following:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=104797

I just need to sort out why on a clean install the internet works and after a reboot it doesn't. Wierdly on a couple of times it works but mostly it doesn't :(

I also need to fix my graphics mode, in Darwin typing "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32" works fine, is there anyway to fix it without typing it in again every time?

Imkantus
08-31-2009, 11:29 AM
Maybe it would be worth it, to spend a few bucks onto some ethernet card thats known to work with OS X, if you don't find a working solution...

I also need to fix my graphics mode, in Darwin typing "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32" works fine, is there anyway to fix it without typing it in again every time?I don't think it's possible to get Quartz Extreme on Leopard with that graphiccard - even on Tiger you would have to downgrade your card to make it think it's Pro instead of PE. But you can try if you can get it to work with more resolution and maybe even CI (hopefully without glitches), with using AGPGart.kext and / or Callisto driver or mabye when you edit the Info.plist of your ATIRadeon9700.kext with filling in your device ID...

Otherwise the thing with the resolution only is easy. I guess you're using Chameleon v2 Bootloader? If so copy /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist to /Extra and edit your Bootparamters into the <string> tags below <key>Kernel Flags</key>