PDA

View Full Version : EFI Studio - how to patch more than gfx? And impossible to undo !? Help

Gurruwiwi
08-29-2009, 10:29 PM
I cant figure out EFI Studio.

I've just finished booting Snow, both 32 and 64. To my surprise, just copying my Leo's gfx string, without enablers, woke up full resolution QE CI, well, like in my sig.

I saw in System profiler that audio did recognize all the ports, but no sound!
So I thought instead of voodooHDA, I'll try my luck with strings. Used EFI Studio to write to com.apple.boot.plist, rebooted and gfx ok, but still no sound.

I go check sys profile and now all three ports are gone! I try to reverse the situation by again editing the boot.plist, I recognize the string is actually much smaller the just nvidia string...?? so I deleted that and pasted again my original string, reboot and to my surprise, audio profile does not have the three ports recognized! I was hoping to finally get mic in, I know some enabler will make this work, but internal mic would have been brilliant. Now it seem I wont get that back...

:(

I was hoping to get the port recognition back and try with enabler, but how? I tried deleting the boot.plit and paste my Leo's boot.plit, still the same...

I also tried with ethernet, and that didnt work either... but graphics were gone! So with EFI Studio, some strings remove others, some not? (gfx + audio ok, ethernet removes gfx)

tried my working ethernet 32bit kext from Leo into Snow -x32... kext loads but no ethernet! So now I'm thinking, just like with audio, ethernet is gone too...

Do I have to re-install Snow ?!:(

what is going on here?

I have dsdt.aml in root and extras... never felt any difference with or without in Leo.

Using Chameleon 2 rc1 with boot 10.1 by Netkas, if thats relevant...

ideas?

Gurruwiwi
08-29-2009, 11:18 PM
Just as I feared, latest voodooHDA which is woking great for so many, did nothing for me...

But voodooPS2 made mouse multitouch work !! Cool !

Still, any ideas?

blix
09-07-2010, 06:16 PM
wrong topic, sorry.

anovaso
04-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Hope someone can help here. If its any consolation you would be helping out a teacher in dire need of some support.
My situation is that I am a public school teacher, High School level. I'm a graphic design and audio/video tech teacher. I have a lab with some 08 dual quad MAC PRO towers and the oem graphics cards gave out on 6 of my machines. My administrator ordered some replacements for me and did not order what I had specified. He even ordered 10 of them and they were specified for windows only. Of course they do not work on my macs. After a little researching I found blogs talking about how you could change bootlist strings to make most if not all graphics cards work in a mac as well. I'm stuck, it seems a little beyond my knowledge base at this point. I know I can learn it if someone guides me once through it. So any and all help with be appreciated. Our problem, like many schools, is that by the time I actually got wrong cards in and figured out that they did not work as is, the return items timeline to return them to the vendor ran out. So I am stuck with 6 machines down and 10 graphics cards that do not work for me. Plus I do not know how to use EFI studio. Need some help if anyone is willing.

With thanks,

Tony Novo

EPISD GRAPHIC DESIGN & AUDIO/VIDEO TECHNOLOGY TEACHER

LinearBurn
04-15-2011, 07:51 AM
Can you tell me what graphics cards they are and i can help you with the graphics if posable iv goten fairly compent with them