PDA

View Full Version : DELL D620/630/830 kext pack

Pages : 1 [2]

cnone
04-01-2010, 09:51 AM
To solve your problem follow instructions on Step by Step Installation Guide of Snow Leopard on a Dell D630 found @:

http://byteco.de/2009/12/06/successful-installation-of-snow-leopard-on-dell-d630/comment-page-1/#comment-594

Have a nice Easter holidays.

Thanks but i don't have a real mac with sl and my problem is about the sleepenabler.kext. I've installed well just the drivers doesn't work for me :(
EDIT: i found a sleepenabler.kext for 10.6.2 at your link.. i will try and i keep you informed as soon as possible ;)

mialemat
04-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Just a quick update, the 10.6.3 update has broken the audio on my d830 using legacySTAC9205.kext. I'm looking for a workaround, removing AppleHDA.kext doesn't seem to do anything, and of course there's no way to get any real debugging output to know why it's not loading. *sigh*

To get audio working again please download, install the following kext, repair permission and reboot:

http://www.kexts.com/view/265-patched_applehda_10.6.2_kext.html

cnone
04-01-2010, 10:03 AM
sleepenabler problem solved :D
thanks a bunch mialemat and i forgot to says happy holidays :)

cnone
04-01-2010, 01:33 PM
this time the soundcard is problematic.. can't install the kext.. how can i install? sorry for noob questions .. thanks in advance
EDIT: restart shutdown isn't working either... what's causing this? any ideas? and usb ports doesn't seems to work even enabled the usb wake in bios.. and enabled usb busfix in chameleon rc4 still no luck :(

georgeanton
04-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Dell Latitude D630 with Video Card Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

I get black screen. Just can't install. I wish somebody would write the kexts for my Video Card. QE/CI would be just fantastic.

I attached some files that might be useful.

Props to Mialemat for the PDF guide. Does not work for my video card:'( but works for others.
I had to compress the PDF so the links inside won't work, you have to type them or use Google.
I also attached a PDF with My Dell D630 Specs in case somebody is willing to help me to find a solution.

Cheers everybody ! ^_^

cnone
04-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Thanks for all your support.. finally i've managed to get sound working.
deleted all hda kexts (hdefe hda enablers applehda) and installed voodoohda only.
next i try to get graphics work with restart/shutdown

nonamevr
04-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Dear Everybody!

My friend sells Dell D830 ( Core 2 Duo T9300 2x2.5Ghz 800Mhz FSB, 2Gb RAM 667 Mhz, Quadro 140M 512MB)
Can i install Snow Leopard 10.6 on this laptop, and I'm a editor, i usually use Final cut pro so i want to ouput external monitor. Graphic card Quadro 140M 512MB can do that?
I need it for my job, so can i buy it?

Sorry for my bad english!
Please help me! Thanks a lot!

JulKeZ
04-12-2010, 11:16 PM
Hi all
Yesterday I installed MacOs following partially mialemat guide and in the end I installed 10.6.3 update and lost sound, usb support, bluetooth...
Finally, I decided to install again, and I installed the 10.6.2 combo update. The system works perfectly now. Not without troubles, as after the 10.6.2 update I had a kernel panic that didn't let me boot my system...
I want to comment the way I used to install. I think it could be interesting for those that do not have access to a real Mac like me.
What I did was install SL on a Physical hard disk using VMWare. After the install, I followed the mialemat manual, and ended with a fully functional SL.
If someone is interested in more details about how to install SL in a physical disk with Vmware, please ask. If wou google it, there is a guide to install in Vmware, the basics are the same, changing the virtual disk with a physical one.
What I was unable to do was a dual boot with Windows 7 and SL. I ended using 2 hard drives. One for Windows, one for SL. I have installed Windows and SL about 10 times in the last 2 days... And it was enough for me... The next thing I want to do is create a ghost of SL and try to update to 10.6.3 (when someone publishes a guide, as I am a newbie...)
And I also would like to learn how chameleon works, as I think that was my problem trying to dual boot Windows 7 and SL... If someone has any url for me to learn about it...
Thankyou for all your help. Without your work I would have never installed SL...

mialemat
04-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Hi all
Yesterday I installed MacOs following partially mialemat guide and in the end I installed 10.6.3 update and lost sound, usb support, bluetooth...
Finally, I decided to install again, and I installed the 10.6.2 combo update. The system works perfectly now. Not without troubles, as after the 10.6.2 update I had a kernel panic that didn't let me boot my system...
I want to comment the way I used to install. I think it could be interesting for those that do not have access to a real Mac like me.
What I did was install SL on a Physical hard disk using VMWare. After the install, I followed the mialemat manual, and ended with a fully functional SL.
If someone is interested in more details about how to install SL in a physical disk with Vmware, please ask. If wou google it, there is a guide to install in Vmware, the basics are the same, changing the virtual disk with a physical one.
What I was unable to do was a dual boot with Windows 7 and SL. I ended using 2 hard drives. One for Windows, one for SL. I have installed Windows and SL about 10 times in the last 2 days... And it was enough for me... The next thing I want to do is create a ghost of SL and try to update to 10.6.3 (when someone publishes a guide, as I am a newbie...)
And I also would like to learn how chameleon works, as I think that was my problem trying to dual boot Windows 7 and SL... If someone has any url for me to learn about it...
Thankyou for all your help. Without your work I would have never installed SL...

Try as written at:

http://byteco.de/2009/12/06/successful-installation-of-snow-leopard-on-dell-d630/comment-page-1/#comment-646

NIpsmG
04-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Dear Everybody!

My friend sells Dell D830 ( Core 2 Duo T9300 2x2.5Ghz 800Mhz FSB, 2Gb RAM 667 Mhz, Quadro 140M 512MB)
Can i install Snow Leopard 10.6 on this laptop, and I'm a editor, i usually use Final cut pro so i want to ouput external monitor. Graphic card Quadro 140M 512MB can do that?
I need it for my job, so can i buy it?

Sorry for my bad english!
Please help me! Thanks a lot!

Yes, you can. External monitors work at up to 1900x1200. The only thing stock that doens't work with that machine is the wireless card. I;d suggest getting a Dell 1390 card which is a drop-in replacement for the existing card:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dell-DW-1390-b-g-WLAN-WiFi-54g-Mini-PCI-Express-Card_W0QQitemZ350189639143QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item5188edd5e7

$9.95 US + free shpping.

I'm running 10.6.2 and Windows 7 side by side, NVS140M works fully including live resolution change through display preferences with chameleon RC4 using GraphicsEnabler.

Parallels 5 works, run Win7 in both Coherence mode and natively boot through chameleon. Everything else works. It's an amazing MAC laptop.

cnone
04-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Hi everyone.. i installed universal snow leopard 3.6 distro on my d630 when i have a nvdia chip… now my mobo burnt with famous nvidia bug and i bought an intel version of the mobo. i tried to plug my working install to new setup with an intel graphics and encountered black screen as well.. is there any way to get it working without installing a new instance?

cnone
04-14-2010, 06:35 PM
tried everything, fresh install and after then screen goes black.. when i removed gma kexts osx finally shows it's face but only in 1024x768... even with the various dsdt.aml files i got this far.. but nothing more... just the screen resolution doesn't work.. everything ok except that.. any solutions?

nonamevr
04-16-2010, 01:48 AM
Yes, you can. External monitors work at up to 1900x1200. The only thing stock that doens't work with that machine is the wireless card. I;d suggest getting a Dell 1390 card which is a drop-in replacement for the existing card:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dell-DW-1390-b-g-WLAN-WiFi-54g-Mini-PCI-Express-Card_W0QQitemZ350189639143QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item5188edd5e7

$9.95 US + free shpping.

I'm running 10.6.2 and Windows 7 side by side, NVS140M works fully including live resolution change through display preferences with chameleon RC4 using GraphicsEnabler.

Parallels 5 works, run Win7 in both Coherence mode and natively boot through chameleon. Everything else works. It's an amazing MAC laptop.

Thank you NIpsmG (http://osx86.net/member.php?u=26278) so much! :D
You're my hero.:-*

cnone
04-16-2010, 03:34 PM
when i plug an external monitorit works.. but i want to work with my internal panel.. any suggestions?

monkie
04-18-2010, 06:05 PM
when i plug an external monitorit works.. but i want to work with my internal panel.. any suggestions?

The way I do it is that I use a docking station, at the boot prompt from Chameleon press the Fn key and F8 together, this switches to my external display and my laptop display will go black. I then boot and when it loads the driver it automatically switches back to the laptop display and I am able to use the laptop from there onwards.

cnone
04-20-2010, 09:30 PM
Solved with a dsdt fix search and apply: dsdt dual data link for wxga+
now everything on my d630 including x3100 with all properities (QE/CI, sleep, wake-up) at 1440x900... just mirroring doesn't work but i don't need it...
used universal snow leopard 3.6 and not done a fresh install.. i used my old installation with nvidia graphics.. just removed natit and used provided kexts from distro ;)

phiberoptik957
04-21-2010, 12:02 AM
Can someone please help me with installing 10.6.2 or 10.6.3 on my Dell D830...

I am not sure exactly what steps to follow here...

So far if I install snow leopard from the retail dvd using Empire EFI and then use your kext pack on this thread I get a CPU/Kernel mismatch panic.

I noticed that s0nykus has the same config as me earlier in this thread and he has made it work...

I guess I need to know..

1) Should I be using Empire EFI?
2) Do i need kexts if I modify my dsdt?
3) can someone help me with modifying the dsdt? I am not 100% sure how...Links would help alot!
4) If I use kexts do I need to modify my dsdt?

Thats all I can think of now...Thanks everyone in advance for any help!

mialemat
04-22-2010, 06:35 AM
Can someone please help me with installing 10.6.2 or 10.6.3 on my Dell D830...

I am not sure exactly what steps to follow here...

So far if I install snow leopard from the retail dvd using Empire EFI and then use your kext pack on this thread I get a CPU/Kernel mismatch panic.

I noticed that s0nykus has the same config as me earlier in this thread and he has made it work...

I guess I need to know..

1) Should I be using Empire EFI?
2) Do i need kexts if I modify my dsdt?
3) can someone help me with modifying the dsdt? I am not 100% sure how...Links would help alot!
4) If I use kexts do I need to modify my dsdt?

Thats all I can think of now...Thanks everyone in advance for any help!

Have you read the guide posted at: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E3O897IL

Your problem could be solved following instruction on page 9.

foucss
04-24-2010, 10:12 PM
Hi everybody !
i would like to know if your D630 install are stable because i have a lot of kernel panic.

Tkanks for your feedback!

Adrenaline1965
04-26-2010, 01:38 PM
For those struggling with getting Dual Display supported on their nVidea Quadro NVS 140M graphics card based DELL notebook, please note that I (finally) got it working by removing any VGA kext injector (like Natit.kext or NVinjectorGo.kext) en just activating the GraphicsEnabler key for Chameleon 2.0-RC4 (please note that you DO NEED Chameleon 2.0-RC4 as earlier releases do not seem to work!) in the com.apple.Boot.plist by adding:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

I now have 1920x1080x32 on my external DELL 2407WFP (recognized as such) and 1680x1050x32 on the internal display. Both mirrored as extended desktop work flawlessly. The only downside I still have is that only the VGA output port works (HDMI port does not) but that's really a minor issue.

These are the kexts I've currently installed on my Snow Leopard 10.6.3:
AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext
fakesmc.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
OSXRestart.kext
SleepEnabler.kext (10.6.3 version)
VoodooHDA.kext (removed AppleHDA.kext)

which enabled:
- Battery management (Battery status in menu bar is fully operational)
- USB (mouse, external keyboard, headset,...)
- Built in Ethernet
- Trackpad
- Sleep mode
- Sound (both Output AND Input for built in speakers/mic AND external Logitech USB Headset/A-0374A, even the volume up/down and mute buttons are fully operational!)

Next things to address: Shut Down/Restart and WiFi...

ZaPPZion
04-29-2010, 06:57 PM
Hi,

I'm having some trouble getting everything to work. I've got pretty much everything set up using the installer and seperate packages/kexts. Only thing (apart from wireless) i'm missing now is my USB ports. I've tried everything i could think of (of course the bios settings mentioned on the first page). I've tried some dsdt editing, but I didn't succeed at that. I tried all bios settings, USBfix in boot.plist etc, but can't get any further. The power is there now, if a device is connected to the USB port, it lights up, but it doesn't work yet.
Does anyone have any clue as to what i should do now?

Greets and thanks in advantage,

ZaPP

ps: extra info:
Mac OS X 10.6.2 universal install 3.6
Dell D830 with Quadro NVS140m, 2GB
Dual boot with Win 7, so able to hack from outside mac os if i screw up

EDIT: I've got my USB working now by removing AppleHPET.kext. Working on editing the dsdt, but that's not working yet
EDIT2: I fixed my problem, by using this guide to edit the dsdt: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=886
EDIT3: Only problem that came up is not being able to shutdown properly. Gonna look in to that tomorrow.

itry2hide
05-04-2010, 04:00 AM
Anyone know how to get P-states and C-states working? I have a D630, X3100, [email protected].

xtort
05-10-2010, 03:59 PM
I had a working 10.6.2 setup. The only thing that was not working was the sleep and clamshell, which I have been working on for a few weeks. I installed the package and it seemed to install correctly then requested a reboot. After the reboot I get a kernel panic that states.

"Version mis-match between Kernel and CPU pm"@/SourceCache/xnu-1486.2.11/osfmk/i386/pmCPU.c:681"

I can reinstall using time machine, but would really love to get sleep and clamshell working. Is there any way to repair this without doing a reinstall at this point?

Dell D620
OSX 10.6.2
NVIDIA

Thank you all for such a great forum, and thanks to SLIC for all the work!

[edit]
I relaoded using my time machine backup, so I'm back running with 10.6.2 and using boot-132 and retail.
QUESTION: Is it possible to just get the dsdt.aml out of the package in this thread and load it instead of everything? I can get the display to sleep and then close the clamshell and this will allow me to re-open the clamshell and resume my session, however it does not put the computer to sleep. This means that the laptop is still running and draining the battery as if the lid was open. Plus it gets so hot in my bag that I use it as a spare hotplate! Any suggestions would be most welcome!

-xtort

slic
05-16-2010, 06:21 PM
hi guys,
im definitely ending with this "project", because
i buyed new Macbook :) and don't have d630 more.

Good luck with your's hackintoshes.

mialemat
05-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Thanks a lot slic. You let Snow Leopard working on a Dell D630

troistof
05-24-2010, 01:49 PM
Bonjour !

I have a D830 with video Nvdia
I installed snow leopard 10.6.0 with a cd boot efi ( empire efi 1.85 ) and original dvd to snow leopard 10.6.0
After installed the DELL D620_630_830 NVIDIA.mpkg i rebbot and it's ok !!

But i installed the MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.3v1.1.dmg
and after rebbot don't works ...

please for your help .....

(i'am french sorry for my bad english)

howoarang
05-25-2010, 04:29 PM
Anyone know how to get P-states and C-states working? I have a D630, X3100, [email protected].

Hi, I have D630 and Snow Leo 10.6.3, my P-states works perfect with minipower.kext for snow leopard from Superhai. Try it, too.
C-states may work with slic pack for Dell D630/D830, but not for me, because with this new pack I have problem with USB ports... so now, I am using old kext pack from slic and sleep is not working.

howoarang
05-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Hello, here is pack with extensions, DSDT.aml and utilites for correct working Snow Leopard 10.6.3. I made this pack, because, new pack from SLic is not working correctly for me, I have problem with USB ports.
Now my usb ports working perfect, trackPad and touchPad working, sound working too, input+output, sleep working perfect.

OK, so. There is some instructions, how to with files in pack:
1: put the DSDT.aml file to /Extra/ folder
2: put the com.apple.Boot.plist file to /Extra/ folder, too
3: all kexts in Extensions folder move or copy to /System/Library/Extension/
- use it with small application "KextUtility" included - select all kexts and drag to kextutily icon :-)
4: double click to voodooHDA.prefPane (ignore all error...)
5: "VoodooMonitor" application move to /Applications/
6: open folder "VoodooHDAhelper" and open file "how-to-readme!.txt" and read instructions how to use voodooHDAhelper (this part is not necessary):-)

dell d630 pack by howoarang:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jgy12jmwuyt

bridbri
06-02-2010, 03:25 AM
how do i get pcmcia working, i really really need it...

howoarang
06-02-2010, 11:46 PM
My pcmcia card (100mbit Ethernet Realtek) is working perfect, but I think, it depends on your hardware. What type of pcmcia card you need to work?

foucss
06-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Hello, here is pack with extensions, DSDT.aml and utilites for correct working Snow Leopard 10.6.3. I made this pack, because, new pack from SLic is not working correctly for me, I have problem with USB ports.
Now my usb ports working perfect, trackPad and touchPad working, sound working too, input+output, sleep working perfect.

- use it with small application "KextUtility" included - select all kexts and drag to kextutily icon :-)
6: open folder "VoodooHDAhelper" and open file "how-to-readme!.txt" and read instructions how to use voodooHDAhelper (this part is not necessary):-)

Thanks !!!!

mialemat
06-21-2010, 10:35 PM

Does it works with the latest update 10.6.4?
Thanks in advance for your kind reply.

osxfr33k
06-22-2010, 06:10 PM

Thanks for keeping this project going. Many thanks for sharing your work. Would this DSDT.aml and kexts work on a D830 2.4GHZ Nvidia Graphics card probably the same card as the D630? If not what do I need to replace? DSDT? If so do you know where I can grab a DSDT for the D830 to work with all the Kexts from your package and Snow 10.6.3?

I know there are other Threads on other newsgroups with guides etc but not sure which one to go with if you know hat I mean?

Thanks again!!

EDITED A COUPEL HOURS LATER:

I just relaized its actually the 2.6 GHZ T9500 Processor.

SHould I extract my DSDT using the Ubuntu Live 9.04 and change the Script in the CPU sections and the Ram Memory sections? Anywhere else that might need to be changed?

Anyone have a DSDT for the same Laptop configuration?

Nvidia 140M
T7800 (2.6GHZ)
4GB Ram

I have a Dell wireless that is competlety compatible with Snow kexts but do I need to add any script to the DSDT for that?

Same with the Audio I think its an 9205 Sigmatel is that the same as in the D630?

monkie
06-23-2010, 05:25 PM

Yes it does but you'll need to remove your SleepEnabler.kext file from either the Extra folder or your Extensions folder or you'll Kernel Panic at boot. If you can't delete the file prior to booting then you'll need to boot from CD or USB and log in via terminal and delete using the command line.

mialemat
06-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Yes it does but you'll need to remove your SleepEnabler.kext file from either the Extra folder or your Extensions folder or you'll Kernel Panic at boot. If you can't delete the file prior to booting then you'll need to boot from CD or USB and log in via terminal and delete using the command line.

Thank you very much for your answer.
For the instance you don't need to delete Sleep Enabler.
Try to change it with the following Sleep Enabler kext and all goes well. If a new update will prompt you a Sleep Enabler kernel panic reboot with the following flags:

-v pmVersion=xx

where xx is the actual version. For 10.6.3 xx = 20, for 10.6.4 = 21 and so on.

http://code.google.com/p/xnu-sleep-enabler/downloads/list

I'm going to test the package.
Have fun.

osxfr33k
06-27-2010, 07:21 PM
howoarang, I posted a reply just up two posts on the package for the D830 T9500 Processor. I also have the Dell XPS M1530 and interestingly Brett non specific CPU DSDT for the M1330/M1530 seems to be fully working on the D830 except for sleep. I get a kernel panic when the D830 goes to sleep or manually put it to sleep. Brett's shutdown/restart fix works flawlessly on the D830 as well.

I know the DSDT by Brett was generated from the M1530 but what would I need to mod to make the USB work. Better yet what would i need to do to your DSDT for the D630 to make it near 100% for the D830 and add those features that allow the shutdown/restart fix.

Does your DSDT have at least all the fixes they mention in the link I provided below?

Will I need to mod the script for the USB and Ethernet?

Here is the link:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190780

stef42
06-29-2010, 03:02 PM
has anybody tried if the video output on the Dell Docking Station's DVI plug works. I think this was an issue before.
thanks a lot.

howoarang
06-29-2010, 05:54 PM

Yes, it works perfect with new update 10.6.4, but you must edit com.apple.boot.plist with kernel flag> pmversion=20 to work sleepenabler.kext.

howoarang
06-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Thanks for keeping this project going. Many thanks for sharing your work. Would this DSDT.aml and kexts work on a D830 2.4GHZ Nvidia Graphics card probably the same card as the D630? If not what do I need to replace? DSDT? If so do you know where I can grab a DSDT for the D830 to work with all the Kexts from your package and Snow 10.6.3?

I know there are other Threads on other newsgroups with guides etc but not sure which one to go with if you know hat I mean?

Thanks again!!

EDITED A COUPEL HOURS LATER:

I just relaized its actually the 2.6 GHZ T9500 Processor.

SHould I extract my DSDT using the Ubuntu Live 9.04 and change the Script in the CPU sections and the Ram Memory sections? Anywhere else that might need to be changed?

Anyone have a DSDT for the same Laptop configuration?

Nvidia 140M
T7800 (2.6GHZ)
4GB Ram

I have a Dell wireless that is competlety compatible with Snow kexts but do I need to add any script to the DSDT for that?

Same with the Audio I think its an 9205 Sigmatel is that the same as in the D630?

Hi, I have dell d630 with intel gma graphic card, so my dsdt.aml is for intel based laptop dell d630/830, but there are two kind of dell d630/d830 laptop. 1) with intel graphic card x3100 and 2) with nvidia graphic card.
If you have dell d830 with nvidia card, try to nvidia kext pack from Slic. Look at first page of this topic.

And sigmatel audio work with voodooHDA.kext for snow leopard.
Dell wireless may work natively, you don not need edit dsdt.aml for correct working your wireless card.

osxfr33k
07-05-2010, 06:14 AM
Just an update on my d830 (Bios A15) with the Intel x3100 and a 1920x1200 screen. This is running a Snow Leopard 10.6.2 Vanilla kernel and Chameleon 2.0 RC4.

I've got almost everything working, some without kexts even. This is possibly one of the nicest laptops to use with Snow Leopard

Sleep, by power button or clamshell close, works -- natively, no kext. When you open the display, it wakes perfectly.
Restart and Halt work exactly as they should -- using OpenHaltRestart.kext, but will test without
P and C states work when on battery, battery life goes to 3.5 hours immediately and openssl speed tests confirm a seriously degraded performance, ha! No NullCPUPowerManagement.kext required.
Audio works using the legacy9205.kext, including headphone out, line in, built-in Mic
PS2 keyboard/trackpad/trackpoint all work beautifully using the ApplePS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext (must reside in /S/L/E)
Display dimming works not only with the Fn keys, but also with the slider under Display Properties
Battery display works using AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext
gigabit ethernet works, including WOL using AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext
Bluetooth works natively
Volume up/down/mute work natively, as does the power button for sleep
I flashed a Dell 1390 (BCM4311) and also a BCM4328 with Apple Device IDs so now it recognizes either as an Airport Extreme.

I'm still having issues with the rear CRT port.. if I press Fn-F8 to switch from the internal LCD to mirror to CRT, it scrambles the video and I can't fix it. Perhaps setting up a hot corner for 'sleep' would do the trick, but I think a simple display re-init in the DSDT if I can find what function governs that flip back and forth would also do the trick. Feel free to contribute here...

The only other thing I can think of is migrating everything to 64 bit, but that shouldn't be hard. The only device drivers I'm using are the Broadcom ethernet, PS2 keyboard/mouse and legacySTAC9205. The rest should be fine, but I'll test soon enough anyway.

So, how to do all this?

SERIOUS DSDT modifications. I'm going to attach my current DSDT for others to use, but do NOT take it thinking that it will 'just work' on your laptop. You'll need to have a Latitude D830 with Bios Revision A15, x3100 (965 chipset) video, and a 1920x1200 panel.. otherwise, I can't guarantee *anything*.

P.S. When I say SERIOUSLY modified, I'm not joking. I have added and removed devices, hacked up IRQs, put in different OSID checks, changed device names, timers, and even IDs. Do not take this as a panacea for all your laptop compatibility woes, but do take it as proof that you can get very close to native operative performance with just about any laptop if you are persistent enough and willing to read ACPI specs. No really, go get the document to read about what you don't understand BEFORE asking questions.

P.P.S. I also am using a custom /boot file. I'll include that as well. PC-EFI 10.6 does NOT initialize the x3100 correctly!

P.P.P.S. Quick lists of kexts in /Extra/Extensions
IOATAFamily.kext
OpenHaltRestart.kext
fakesmc.kext
legacySTAC9205.kext
And in /System/Library/Extensions:
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext

And my /Extra/smbios.plist file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosdate</key>
<string>20/09/2009</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MB31.008E.B02</string>
<key>SMexternalclock</key>
<string>200</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacBook</string>
<key>SMmanufacter</key>
<string>Apple</string>
<key>SMmaximalclock</key>
<string>2000</string>
<key>SMmemspeed</key>
<string>667</string>
<key>SMmemtype</key>
<string>19</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacBook3,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>G87399530P1</string>
<key>SMsystemversion</key>
<string>1.24f2</string>
</dict>
</plist>
And my /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist file:
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra/dsdt/dsdt-0.9.aml</string>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,2)</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>ForceWake</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32</string>
<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string></string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-f</string>
<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Default</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>arch</key>
<string>i386</string>
<key>BootQuiet</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

stephens,

I have the exact D830 except mine is a T9500 (2.6GHZ) and NVS Quadro 140M.

Shockingly I have a 100% working clone except for sleep and Ethernet. Only using fakesmc, appleACPIPS2 and Nub, smbios.plist, voodooHDA and nothing else. Speedstep is working but no C state.

I am using a M1330 Non CPU DSDT from this thread and yes surprisingly it works. I have read the graphics card 8400M in the XPS M1330 is the same as the NVS Quadro 140M which I believe is the 7300GT is I am not mistaken.

shutdown and restart is flawless. I am looking over your DSDT to see if I can somehow figure out what I need to do to modify my DSDT to get both the Ethernet and Sleep to work.

Here is the link if interested:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190780

greenkiwi
07-07-2010, 07:33 AM
OK, so I followed mialemat's guide and it all installs:
http://byteco.de/2009/12/06/successful-installation-of-snow-leopard-on-dell-d630/comment-page-1/#comment-594

But I'm running into problems where the internal display only covers half the screen. This makes it a little un-usable.

I've tried using SwitchResX, but that didn't seem to help. Has anyone else had this problem and figured out how to resolve it?

EDiT: OK, I figured out how to use SwitchResX, this lets me set resolutions and I can mess the screen up further, but I cannot get it to cover the full screen properly? Can I get information from how windows has it setup? Does anyone have the numbers for all the custom monitor settings?

thanks,
GK

jeffintosh
07-08-2010, 04:05 PM
So I have a bought copy of Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on DVD. I have a Dell D630 with the following config:

CPU: Intel Dual Core Processor, T8300, 2.4, 3MB,
HD: WD-MX160 160GB
Optical Media: Toshiba Samsung 8x DVD +-RW
Dell Minicard Network 3945ULD
2 1GB PC667 RAM

I guess I have to assume an integrated GPU.

Is it possible for me given my CPU and config to install SL 10.6.3? Where would be a good place to start?

Keep in mind my DVD is already at version 10.6.3.

Thank you!!

jeffintosh
07-08-2010, 05:47 PM
HI Slic,
You seem to be the man on this thread. Maybe you can help. I'm not good with this stuff, but I really wanna try to get SL on my Dell D630.
So I have a bought copy of Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on DVD. I have a Dell D630 with the following config:

CPU: Intel Dual Core Processor, T8300, 2.4, 3MB,
HD: WD-MX160 160GB
Optical Media: Toshiba Samsung 8x DVD +-RW
Dell Minicard Network 3945ULD
2 1GB PC667 RAM

I guess I have to assume an integrated GPU.

Is it possible for me given my CPU and config to install SL 10.6.3? Where would be a good place to start?

Keep in mind my DVD is already at version 10.6.3.

Thank you!!

xuesumin
07-13-2010, 12:50 PM
thank you very much!!

zerocool
07-15-2010, 02:22 PM
hi howoarang. You know the /Extra/ folder.......do i have to move files in that folder or a folder name folder inside /Extra/folder like that...please help

howoarang
07-19-2010, 09:20 PM
hi howoarang. You know the /Extra/ folder.......do i have to move files in that folder or a folder name folder inside /Extra/folder like that...please help

Hi, move files to /Extra/
:-)

jtillwick
07-22-2010, 10:46 PM
I have a D620 and have installed Snow Leopard and updated to 10.6.4. I installed all kexts and when booting, I get stuck at IOAPIC.

Did a little research and it seems to be caused by the inability to turn on AHCI mode in the D620.

Is there any work around?

Drago
08-06-2010, 09:17 PM
I was able to get OSX 10.6.4 working on my Dell 630 using a couple diff tools/methods andWITHOUT a Mac.
This isnt a detailed Guide just a brief summary of how i got it to work, for those who already know a little about the process.

I used the retail OSX 10.6.3 dvd, an External Monitor, iBoot Supported (http://www.tonymacx86.com/Public/iBoot-Supported.zip), Multibeast (http://www.tonymacx86.com/Public/MultiBeast.zip), howoarang's dell 630 pack (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jgy12jmwuyt), and the Mac OS X 10.6.4 Combo Update (http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL1048/en_US/MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.4.dmg).
(you will have no Internet access initially so you'll have to transfer the last 3 of these packs to your Dell via USB Flash.)

1. Burn iBoot Supported, to ISO and use it to boot from your cd drive.

(some steps courtesy of the tonymacx86 blog (http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html))
2. At Chameleon prompt, eject iBoot CD, Insert your Mac OS X Snow Leopard Retail DVD and press F5.
3. Connect your laptop to your External Display, and Press "Fn" and "F8". (moves display to external monitor)
4. When you see the Mac OS X Snow Leopard Retail DVD Highlighted, press Enter to begin the boot process. (give Cd time to load)
(at some point the display will jump back to you LCD screen, dont ask me why i think its just an issue with DELLs and iBoot)
5. Format with Disk Utility, and Install OSX 10.6.3, ignore "Install Failed: Mac OS X Cannot Be Installed on this Volume" error at the end.
6. Restart, Boot from iBoot CD, Press "Fn" and "F8" again, and select which ever HardDrive you installed OSX to and press Enter.

7. View the Mac OS X Snow Leopard Welcome Video, and set up your computer.
(if your trackpad isnt working give it 5mins, if not you need an external keyboard/mouse. Setup your keyboard if it isn't recognized)
8. Download the Mac OS X 10.6.4 Combo Update (http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL1048/en_US/MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.4.dmg), Multibeast (http://www.tonymacx86.com/Public/MultiBeast.zip), howoarang's dell 630 pack (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jgy12jmwuyt), transfer to ur Dell via Flash Drive.
9. Mount and Install the Mac OS X 10.6.4 Combo Update. DO NOT REBOOT!!!! (if you reboot repeat step 6, but no guarantees)

(Some steps courtesy of howoarang's post)
10. Unpack howoarang's dell 630 pack, put the DSDT.aml file on your Desktop.
11. Unpack and Run the MultiBeast app (if it crashes, delete the unpacked folder, and unpack it again).
12. Select UserDSDT, System Utilities and Install. (am sure you can install Chameleon 2.0 RC4 directly without this step)
(this installs Chameleon 2.0 RC4 + PC-EFI 10.5 by default but with the tonymac theme)
13. Select all kexts in Extensions folder of howoarang's pack and Drag to kextutily icon. It should install them automatically.
(don't copy kexts to /System/Library/Extension/ you'll end up with system errors before you can use the kextutily)

14. Edit your com.apple.boot.plist. Add "<string>pmVersion=20</string>" under your kernel flags entry "<key>Kernel Flags</key>". If there is already a kernal flag string under "<key>Kernel Flags</key>", modify it. For example change "<string>arch=i386</string>" to "<string>arch=i386 pmVersion=20</string>"

15. Eject all USBs drives, CDs, DVDs etc, cross your fingers and Reboot.

Am sure some of these steps can be streamlined, changed, skipped. But after see 50+ kernel panics and reimaging 15+ times with various guides. I just happy to have a working system for now. (no wifi though)

My specs...

CPU: Intel C2D T7500 @ 2,2GHz / 800MHz / 4MB
VGA: Intel 965 Express Chipset Family
Sound: Sigmatel Audio 9205
LAN Broadcom Ethernet 5751
HDD: WDC 160GB SATA-II (AHCI)
Screen: 14,1" 1280x800@60Hz

Adrenaline1965
08-11-2010, 08:20 AM

$9.95 US + free shpping.

Replacing my original WiFi Card with a DELL 1390 Card did the trick to get the wireless working on my Latitude D830! Thanks a lot NIpsmG! ;)

The only issue was that the original WiFi Card was connected to three internal antenna's (via white, grey and black wires), while the DELL 1390 Card only has two connector. So I only connected two of the three antenna's/wires (white and black) and I seem to have excellent connectivity. Does anybody know which combination is actually the best (white + black, white + grey or grey + black)?

The only remaining issue with my mobo is the unability to properly shut down or restart. I can get it to log out and shut down the complete Mac OS, but the machine itself does not switch off so I have to switch it off manually by pressing the on/off button for 5 seconds or so. Does anyone have a solution for this one? Thanks in advance!

Greetz,

Bruno

twistacatz
08-14-2010, 04:58 AM
I have everything working great on my D630 but I have one issue I can't figure out. My FSB is set to 181 even thought in my smbios.plist file I have SMexternalclock set to 200. I've also tried to force the FSB to 200 at the command line before the computer boots but I've been unsuccessful. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

marsupi
08-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Hello Drago

I want to thank you for your great Job.

My Dell:
D830
NividiaQuadroNVS140m
Ethernet-Broadcom
Intel Wireless 3945 ABG
Audio Intel 82801

Your guide for the installation is really good.
Everthing works fine.

My problem was, that my extern monitor don't accept the resolution of my Dell, and at the installation, the Nvidia Card didn't work.
Because of that i had to made a install with bootoption "-x" before installationprocess start (step 4).
After the installation i installed a linux distribution (mint) and made a partition with hfs.
Now i downloaded the 10.6.4 Combo Update and Multibeast and save it on the hfs partition.
After that, i made a reeboot with iboot cd and option "-x" again and installed the way you have described (step 9).

Thanks for your great job!

Aqxea
08-22-2010, 09:16 PM
Hi. I am going to try to install OSX on my Dell D630. Never tried this before. I am currently downloading iATKOS_v7 from tpb. My D630 has a C2D T7250, GM965 chipset, Broadcom wifi, and Mobile Intel 965 graphics. I have the A17 BIOS installed. The only changes I made were SATA to AHCI.

Is there anything else I will need? Do I just boot to the iATKOS dvd? I also have Boot 132 burned to a cd. Will I need that? Thanks guys.

Aqxea
08-22-2010, 10:19 PM
Hi. I am going to try to install OSX on my Dell D630. Never tried this before. I am currently downloading iATKOS_v7 from tpb. My D630 has a C2D T7250, GM965 chipset, Broadcom wifi, and Mobile Intel 965 graphics. I have the A17 BIOS installed. The only changes I made were SATA to AHCI.

Is there anything else I will need? Do I just boot to the iATKOS dvd? I also have Boot 132 burned to a cd. Will I need that? Thanks guys.

Download finished. Checked the MD5 Checksum and it looked good. Booted iATKOS_v7 to my D630, hit F8 and used -v and the screen froze here...

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/7469/photo3vf.jpg

So then I rebooted and tried -v cpus=1 and the screen froze here...

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3680/photo4r.jpg

Any ideas on what I should try next? Thanks.

Aqxea
08-23-2010, 02:29 AM
Well, I gave up on iATKOS_v7. I downloaded iATKOS S3 v2 and it seems to be working better. I can now get to the install screen and I start the install but it crashes and asks me to reboot. Any ideas?

Adrenaline1965
08-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Well, I gave up on iATKOS_v7. I downloaded iATKOS S3 v2 and it seems to be working better. I can now get to the install screen and I start the install but it crashes and asks me to reboot. Any ideas?

I would advise you to use the Empire-EFI method: boot with the Empire-EFI CD-ROM and install from original Mac OSX 10.6 DVD. Then, for optimal graphics support (see earlier post), install Chameleon 2.0 RC4. Finally, install the DELL kext pack as prepared and made available in this thread and you should be up and running!

Good luck!

Adrenaline1965
08-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Just upgraded to Mac OSX 10.6.4 without any problem! All hardware functions are fully operational (including the WiFi <= see earlier post). Only remaining problem is still Shut down / Restart...

Aqxea
08-25-2010, 02:28 AM
Thanks Adrenaline1965. I'll give that a try and report back. :) I have an OSX 10.6.3 disk. Will that work with Empire EFI?

itry2hide
08-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Just upgraded to Mac OSX 10.6.4 without any problem! All hardware functions are fully operational (including the WiFi <= see earlier post). Only remaining problem is still Shut down / Restart...

I lose audio when I go to 10.6.4. I am currently running 10.6.2, RC4, and the original dell kext pack, plus most current sleep enabler. Any ideas?

telecaster
08-29-2010, 07:46 PM
I did a fresh install using the empire legacy boot disk, then installed 10.6.0 from a retail disk, upgraded to 10.6.4, installed chameleon and user dsdt via multibeast. (using the dsdt.aml and installing the kexts from howorang's pack.) Everything works except sleep. I've never been able to get sleep to work on any version of os x on my d630. I must have installed it a zillion times. I have i5 and i7 gigabyte desktop machines that work flawlessly---I used the IBOOT Supported disk and it's pretty automagic. I noticed that with an extra terminal attached to the d630 the lcd goes blank but the other monitor stays on when you close the clamshell of the laptop. Does anybody have x3100 graphics on a d630 and sleep works? It's a dealbreaker for me.

Adrenaline1965
08-30-2010, 01:36 PM
I lose audio when I go to 10.6.4. I am currently running 10.6.2, RC4, and the original dell kext pack, plus most current sleep enabler. Any ideas?

For audio I'm currently using VoodooHDA.kext. Works fine for me (previously tried patched AppleHDA.kext and legacySTAC9205.kext but these did not give me any satisfaction)

strykstaguy
08-31-2010, 06:34 AM
EDIT

I have a Dell D630, Intel GMA 965, i have everything working except I can't mirror my display on my external lcd. anyone get this to work?

gmoney
09-06-2010, 08:34 AM
I have a D620 and have installed Snow Leopard and updated to 10.6.4. I installed all kexts and when booting, I get stuck at IOAPIC.

Did a little research and it seems to be caused by the inability to turn on AHCI mode in the D620.

Is there any work around?

After my attempts I am stuck at the same place. I have tried playing with the BIOS but still get stuck at IOAPIC...can someone please help us?

DieselDandy
09-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Select 32bit RTC - afterwards it works as expected!!!

jtillwick
09-25-2010, 10:31 PM
Why doesn't touchpad scrolling work?

I have a D630 model PP18L with an X3100, I have everything working great except touchpad scrolling. Adding the AppleACPIPS2Nub and ApplePS2Controller from this kext pack as well as the ffscroll daemon just causes my trackpad to go nuts. It will sometimes scroll with just one finger, sometimes it wont respond at all! How can I get my trackpad to work properly with scrolling?

Also, is there a way to enable the trackpad prefpane with this trackpad? I also want to disable tapping, how would I do that?

jtillwick
09-25-2010, 11:12 PM
I have a D630 with an X3100 and an Alps trackpad. I have looked everywhere and tried dozens of guides to get touchpad scrolling to work and it just doesn't. With ffscroll, my touchpad is all over the place. It will scroll with one finger in the middle of the touch area, sometimes it doesn't respond at all, sometimes it is overly sensitive, so that doesn't seem like a good solution. I don't know what to do with VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext. Doesn't seem to work at all in 32 bit and no matter what I try with it, I can't get scrolling to work.

I'm pulling my hair out over here, someone please help!

And WTF is with ± on the tilde key with VoodooPS2Controller.kext?????!!!!

AHHHHH!

DieselDandy
09-27-2010, 05:42 PM
guys, just pay the USD/EUR 69 for the magic trackpad - works like charme

jtillwick
09-27-2010, 11:31 PM
Hello,

I have a D630 with an NVidia graphic card
When i install SL the first time, shutdown, restart and sleep work
After i apply the driver pack, sleep, restart and shutdown won't trigger the hardware to stop
I just have a blank (black) screen :'(

I have to push the power button few seconds to shutdown the system completely

I was wondering if someone had this issue and found something, like a kext preventing the system shutdown/restart/sleep ...

Any clue will be welcome !! :)

Thx

Would be great if we could get a solution to this. I am pulling my hair out over this issue. The system works great, even have sleep working, but shutdown and restart don't work, just get a black screen.

InsanelyOne
10-01-2010, 12:31 AM
Could certainly use some help here. I'm not a noob, been doing the Hackintosh think for about 4 years I'd say. I was running 10.6.2 on a D630 with X3100 but had a hardware issue and am having to start from scratch. I did a vanilla install... booted into safe mode, installed the 10.6.4 combo update... then ran the X3100 installer referenced on the first post of the thread. Upon booting, my screen would just go all white (not the black screen issue obviously). I was able to do a safe boot and then I removed all of the GMAX kexts. That gets rid of the white screen issue but only does 1024x768 without CI/QE. I don't have sound either :(

HELP anyone? Would be greatly appreciated.

mialemat
10-28-2010, 10:24 PM
I got a full working Snow Leopard 10.6.4 on my Dell D630 with GMA950 embedded graphic card.
I still can't fix my cdrom drive.
It works but it is not recognized from the eject button on the menu bar.
Can someone fixed this "bug"?

phatt.j
11-11-2010, 12:47 PM
I am successfully working fine with last update to 10.6.5 by this pack.

http://www.mediafire.com/?e3a0yui0vd7fddg

And if system crash when pluged or unpluged usb device must replace IOUSBFamily.kext and IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext in SLE

http://www.mediafire.com/?ktzvjpccylmgo2x

Adrenaline1965
11-19-2010, 09:53 AM
I also successfully upgraded from 10.6.4 to 10.6.5 w/o modifying anything on my current configuration:

DELL LATITUDE D830 running SL 10.6.5 with following kexts:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext
fakesmc.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
OSXRestart.kext
SleepEnabler.kext (10.6.3 version)
VoodooHDA.kext (removed AppleHDA.kext)

modified com.apple.Boot.plist by adding:

<string>Yes</string>

DELL 1390 WiFi module

which enabled:

Battery management (Battery status in menu bar is fully operational)
USB (mouse, external keyboard, headset,...)
Built in Ethernet
Trackpad
Sleep mode
Sound (both Output AND Input for built in speakers/mic AND external Logitech USB Headset, even the volume up/down and mute buttons are fully operational!)
1920x1080x32 on external and 1680x1050x32 on the internal display. Both mirrored as extended desktop work flawlessly. Only the VGA port works (HDMI does not)
WiFi

Not working (yet):

Shut Down / Restart

manymax
12-02-2010, 05:00 PM

where I can find this /Extra/ folder? I have not a folder with this name on my system

bollerup
01-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Hi,
Have you guys seen that there is a dedicated site for Latitude people running osx and the D4x0 maintain a package for those laptops ?

www.osxlatitude.com

ecarvalho
01-05-2011, 04:32 PM
I did this on my D620 but I get hung on boot... All I really want is to get the microphone (internal or external) to work... everything else is fine. Any ideas? Can I use just part of this pack?

ecarvalho
01-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Issue resolved on the D620

I've only done the audio piece:

1) Moved VoodooHDA.kext, VoodooMonitor.kext and VoodooPowerMini.kext into the "Kext Utility" app icon provided in the package. Entered my password et voila... the kext's were installed properly.

2) Double clicked VoodooHDA.prefPane in order to get it installed
3) Opened System Preferences and launched the VoodooHDA icon and set the volumes up for the "Recording Level" at about 50%.
4) Went back to "show all" in system preferences and opened the SOUND icon
5) Clicked the input tab and saw there was audio coming from the internal mic!

6) Opened the VoodooHdaHelper folder provided in the pack and followed the instructions
7) Also moved the VoodooMonitor icon app into the /Applications folder

At this point I can safely say the internal mic works fine. I've also ran a test call on Skype and it sounds great.
I will later reboot the machine to see if the input audio settings "stick" the same or will have to modify every time I login. Hope it sticks tho.

Thanks
Ed

DELL Latitude D620 running MAC OS X 10.6.3 installed from retail DVD

ecarvalho
01-06-2011, 03:15 AM
Issue resolved on the D620

I've only done the audio piece:

1) Moved VoodooHDA.kext, VoodooMonitor.kext and VoodooPowerMini.kext into the "Kext Utility" app icon provided in the package. Entered my password et voila... the kext's were installed properly.

2) Double clicked VoodooHDA.prefPane in order to get it installed
3) Opened System Preferences and launched the VoodooHDA icon and set the volumes up for the "Recording Level" at about 50%.
4) Went back to "show all" in system preferences and opened the SOUND icon
5) Clicked the input tab and saw there was audio coming from the internal mic!

6) Opened the VoodooHdaHelper folder provided in the pack and followed the instructions
7) Also moved the VoodooMonitor icon app into the /Applications folder

At this point I can safely say the internal mic works fine. I've also ran a test call on Skype and it sounds great.
I will later reboot the machine to see if the input audio settings "stick" the same or will have to modify every time I login. Hope it sticks tho.

Thanks
Ed

DELL Latitude D620 running MAC OS X 10.6.3 installed from retail DVD

Note: Allowing to upgrade Airport to 5.5.2 killed my WiFi DW1490 so I had to reinstall everything and not allow the Airport Utility upgrade.

codable
01-09-2011, 07:31 PM
I installed this pack, but the screen still turns into black after the mac logo. When waking up from sleep, the screen is black all the same.
Any help?
System: 10.6.3
Display Card: x3100

bridbri
01-12-2011, 08:21 AM
anyone know how to get vga out working on d630 docking station?

lp142
02-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Help I have installed the DELL D620/630/830 kext pack on my D630, now everything is broke how do I uninstall that package??

Thanks

joot
03-12-2011, 03:47 PM

I want to THANK YOU Howorang. I went thru ~20 installs with different boot loaders, different kext packages for the D630 (X3100 video) and most of them gave me kernel panic attacks. What worked for me was using Empire EFI_1085_row.iso as a bootloader. Then I installed 10.6.3 vanilla. After installation, I used your instructions (along with your kext package) above and now everything works on my Dell D630 with gma3100 video. Thank you !

juslaw
03-14-2011, 10:16 PM
did your PCMCIA slot worked in your Dell Latitude?
If yes how did you enable that on your mac.

VOTRELEC005
03-19-2011, 10:44 AM
And, if I have 32-bit, What should I do?

joot
03-29-2011, 06:28 PM
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Label</key>
<string>ffscroll</string>
<key>Program</key>
<string>/usr/local/bin/FFScrollDaemon</string>
<key>RunAtLoad</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</plist>

works for me. The problem with the original one is the <key>KeepAlive</key> key. Its obvious that the daemon only has to be started once at startup. Just modify the path to the executable if you've installed it somewhere different.

Thank you for the above recommendation !! Been trying for almost a week to fix my 10810 error. Came upon this and tried it and it WORKED !! THANK YOU !!

rodmin23
04-22-2011, 04:24 AM
I tried running both of the slics package, the one or NVDIA and Intel and somehow it always makes my system shut down and reboot. I know its not supposed to reboot, and I am supposed to run the Kext Utility after I run the Slic Package but it somehow always reboots. You have any suggestions?

sims2star2001
04-26-2011, 08:30 AM
Hey :D
I have a dell latitude d620 with nvidia graphics quadro 110m. When I first installed Snow leopard via the leppy methodI then checked the "About This Mac" info and it showed a working cpu @ 1.93ghz with both cores working and it showed a graphics card nvidia quadro nvs 110m showing 128mb VRAM even though the laptop box says 256mb.
I then used post install command, However, I then updated to 10.6.6 and the airport/dell broadcom card stopped working.
I was advised to use the edptool 1.6, which I did.
However after all this I checked back at the "About This Mac" System Profiler, and the cpu changed to 1.83ghz with 2 cores and the total VRAM changed to 64mb.
I don't care so much about the cpu but how do i get back to 128mb VRAM
People have told me it's fine and runs games but its not a game I want to install. It's video software
Please help :D
Thanks

wolfbluejosh
07-09-2011, 04:56 AM
4. When you see the Mac OS X Snow Leopard Retail DVD Highlighted, press Enter to begin the boot process. (give Cd time to load)
(at some point the display will jump back to you LCD screen, dont ask me why i think its just an issue with DELLs and iBoot)
5. Format with Disk Utility, and Install OSX 10.6.3, ignore "Install Failed: Mac OS X Cannot Be Installed on this Volume" error at the end.

So I manage to get all the way up to step 5 but when it switches back to my lcd on the d630, it have these colorful lines that kind of looks like the screen is crack (which is not). My video controller is the intel crestline graphics and it's version is 1588. Is there any hope? Has anyone else experience this?

steera02
07-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Hello there,

I have been trying to install osx on my D630 for some time now but keep failing, anyway I droped into your forum and noticed that you have testing on a D630 ok, anyway my problem is: I download the file X3100 but really not sure what to do with it, can you give me any help here please.

Brgds.

Andy

LiquidMercury
10-24-2011, 03:17 PM
I know I am a bit late to the party so to speak, I recently got my hands on a Dell Latitude D6200 and have been trying to get it working as a Hackintosh, CPU-Z gives the following specs: Core Duo [email protected], Instructions MMMX and SSE (1,2,3) Vt-X, 1GB Ram (4300) and Nvidia Quadro NVS 1011M Graphics.

As of right now I am only able to install iATKOS 4.1, when I attempt to install the kext packs things get a little quirky, after installing the NVIDIA kext pack I can see the I hack boot loader installed, but the boot stalls, I will continue to see if I can find a solution, but any help and or guidance would be greatly appreciated. I have seen videos on youtube to get to snow Leopard, but I cannot make heads or tails of how they got it working as when attempted the system hangs after install. Thanks In advance.

slic
10-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Hi all,
i am back even with better english :D so I corrected the first post.
All links are still up (and they will be...thanks box.net ;)).
Btw. I switched to MacBook Pro 13...