PDA

View Full Version : PS/2 for Snow Leo

Diwad
08-31-2009, 09:42 AM
Hey guys. Does anyone know how to make PS/2 devices work on SL in x64? I've tried voodoops2controller, but it failed:

"Aug 30 12:28:36 localhost kernel[0]: Error - kext org.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller declares com.apple.kernel dependencies. Only com.apple.kpi.* dependencies are supported for 64-bit kexts.
Aug 30 12:28:36 localhost kernel[0]: Can't load kext org.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Aug 30 12:28:36 localhost kernel[0]: Kext org.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Aug 30 12:28:36 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load kext org.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller (error 0xdc00800e).
Aug 30 12:28:36 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "PS2Controller".

djnitehawk
08-31-2009, 12:18 PM
im using a ps/2 keyboard with a usb mouse on snow 10.6 thanks to voodoops2 kext...

try this attached voodoops2controller kext... note: there's two kexts inside the zip file. put both in /system/library/extensions.

then repair permissions with disk utility.

then "touch /system/library/extensions" in terminal.

reboot...

note: i remember getting erros when i had these kexts in /extra/extensions

works in both 32/64bit...

good luck!!!

Diwad
08-31-2009, 03:12 PM
damn...when i want to fix permisiions from 10.5.8 on SL partition it takes only 1 second ( i think something is wrong). And after reboot i get same errors:/ Im sure i do something wrong, so m8 if you could write everything step-by-step i would be very gretfull (if your posts isn't step by step already:))

djnitehawk
08-31-2009, 04:21 PM
first go download kext utility (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140647) if u already havent got it.

say ur target snow leopard volume is called "SNOWLEO"...

copy the two voodoo kexts in the zip to "/snowleo/system/library/extensions"

open up the folder that has "kext utility.app". dont run it... just leave the window open.

open up another finder window and browse to "/snowleo/system/library"

click and drag & drop the folder "extensions" onto the "kext utility.app" in the other finder window u have open.

it will ask u to authenticate by entering ur password, do that...

kext utility will repair the extension permissions and build and pack a new "extensions.mkext"... it might not successfully create the mkext, just ignore that...

reboot into snowleo...

that should do it... btw, what ps2 hardware are u tryin to get working?

Diwad
08-31-2009, 06:51 PM
Thanks for replies, but it doesn't wanna work:/

It doesn't wanna create .mkext file as you said.

I've got some old logitech keyboard and some shitty A4tech mouse.

"Task: Pack "/Volumes/Snow Leo/System/Library/Extensions"
to "/Volumes/Snow Leo/System/Library/Extensions.mkext"

Repair Permissions for "/Volumes/Snow Leo/System/Library/Extensions" ... Done.
-- Total processed: 4902 files for 50 sec.
kext: 300
plugin: 23
bundle: 18
ppp: 10

Search "Extensions.mkext" ... Not Found.

Packing new "Extensions.mkext" ...
Sorry, could not create "Extensions.mkext""

djnitehawk
08-31-2009, 09:34 PM
the Extensions.mkext isnt important... only the permissions matter for booting into snow...

have u tried rebooting into snow? what error msgs do u get now?

btw, ive only tried this with a ps2 keyboard...

so could u unplug the ps2 mouse and see what happens with just the ps2 keyboard?

as a last resort try the following commands in terminal and try booting into snow:

chmod -R 755 /snowleo/system/library/extensions
chown -R root:wheel /snowleo/system/library/extensions
touch /snowleo/system/library/extensions

replace "snowleo" with your snow volume name...

if that doesnt do it, im sorry there's nothing else i can think of...