PDA

View Full Version : Sleep issue - KP by mounting a .dmg after wake up

LEN
08-31-2009, 10:16 AM
I always have a Kp by mounting a .dmg after wake up from sleep.
I have a EX58-UD5.

Specs: Snow 32bit
Sleepenabler.kext in S/L/E

Any idea?

Thanks and regards

lanceomni
08-31-2009, 12:42 PM
KPs due to DMG mounting are generally due to mismatched versions of kernel & seatbelt.kext See this post: http://www.infinitemac.com/f5/updated-08-09-dmg-mounting-issues-seatbelt-kext-t1992/

This only happens after you wake from sleep? Check and see what both your kernel version & Seatbelt.kext versions are before and after you sleep.

LEN
08-31-2009, 01:00 PM
There is no sealtbelt.kext in S/L/E!

I am using vanilla Kernel in Snow LEO!

lanceomni
08-31-2009, 01:44 PM
I failed to see the forum you posted in. :) I have not yet put my hands on 10.6 so you may want to look around for a copy of the new seatbelt. Let me know if you do id like to place it in my other thread.

lanceomni
08-31-2009, 11:48 PM
There is no sealtbelt.kext in S/L/E!

I am using vanilla Kernel in Snow LEO!

I got my hands on a Snow Leopard Upgrade Disk $29.99 (Seems its a full version no snags about previous versions) I have not given it a try yet but I did notice a new kext Sandbox.kext and seeing how seatbelt.kext is a sandbox security measure id say they renamed it. Though I couldnt be sure. So that is most likely why you didnt see it.

Just out of curiosity what does it say when you type in terminal: uname -a

OG-Phantom
08-31-2009, 11:53 PM
Just out of curiosity, I went ahead and put my hack to sleep, waited a minute, woke it up, and mounted a dmg. No KP. What non-vanilla kexts do you have loaded and do you have a dsdt file loading, and if so what mods have you done to it?