PDA

View Full Version : iATKOS V. 1.0 doesn't work.

ellisbodds
08-31-2009, 01:37 PM
I am trying to install OSX Leopard, which I have no experience in, and I am following this guide: http://dailyapps.net/2008/03/hack-attack-dual-boot-leopard-and-windows-vista/ When I get to the boot screen and press F8, then type -v and press enter, the lines of text scroll across the screen until I get to this:

extension com.apple.driver.acpi_smc_platformplugin has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

Then it stops loading and nothing happens. Like I said I have no experience with this so I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me. Here's my specs:

MSI P31 MS-7392
Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz
4GB DDR2 RAM 800MHz
Nvidia GeForce 8800GT 512MB

Imkantus
08-31-2009, 02:48 PM
You might try to use the platform=X86PC boot paramter, but anyway iAtkos v1 release is obsolete, you could give a try to their latest Leopard release called iAtkos v7. :)

ellisbodds
08-31-2009, 08:16 PM
You might try to use the platform=X86PC boot paramter, but anyway iAtkos v1 release is obsolete, you could give a try to their latest Leopard release called iAtkos v7. :)

I'm extracting v7 now, I'll give that a try, and if I still have no luck, I'll try the platform=X86PC parameter, but when do I enter that? Instead of entering -v?

ellisbodds
08-31-2009, 08:58 PM
Another problem now: every time I try to boot up iAtkos v7 then it just restarts after it loads. Say I press F8 and type -v, it will have the text scrolling across the screen, the Apple logo will appear for about 1 second and then the PC restarts. This happens whichever way I try to boot. I tried using platform=X86PC as well, to no avail.