PDA

View Full Version : Creating Partition Map error

CupofDice
02-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Okay, months ago I tried installing tubgirl, but it timed out on the "creating partition map" part. So now I am trying zephyroth 10.5.1, and I get the same error. I tried zephyroth 10.5.2, but I get "still waiting for root device" errors. I assume this is caused by the latest MeDevil kexts because when I added those kexts to 10.5.1, I got the same error (10.5.1 boots up just fine). Anyway after a good bit of searching (not a lot of people with this problem) I found a possible solution here- http://forum.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/index.php/t11339-400.html. First I tried setting the type to ShagOS swap on an empty partition, but of course that didn't work. Then I formatted a partition to fat32 and tagged it with ShagOS swap again, and this time zephyroth recognized the fat32 as a hfs+, but I couldn't erase it (it hung on preparing to erase). I also don't have a ahci to disable in my bios. Anyone have any ideas what I can do?

Specs-
HP Pavilion a6230n PC (Vista Ultimate 64bit)
Asus M2N68-LA Motherboard (nforce 430)
3GB DDR2 SDRAM
Nvidia GeForce 6150 SE Graphics
Hitachi 400GB SATA

Thanks for any help.

CupofDice
02-20-2008, 09:16 PM
(Posted this at insanelymac)

Okay I just came across a post that said diskpart is a windows program. For some reason I thought it was a mac program, and so I didn't use the setting. Never used it before. What he says is a bit weird though. Did he make a blank partition with diskpart and the setting "id=af", then use ADD to set it to ShagOS swap, or was he just saying that once before he used diskpart and that worked before, but this time he was going to use ADD. I am thinking it is the second. So can anyone help me by giving me a command to partition/format 15gig of space the way he did with diskpart. I only have one partition (ntfs) on my system right now, so should I make free space with ADD first or can diskpart do that.