PDA

View Full Version : Quick question: RAR & PAR files from Zephyroth

whelmond
02-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a quick question to shich I still haven't found the answer..

I downloaded all RAR & PAR files from the max.cd-images newsgroup and I noticed that not all files have the same file size (which I know can happen from downloading at newsgroups..). But when I want to repair the RAR files with QuickPAR, it says that all RAR files are empty (and some incomplete.. therefore I need the PAR files).. So QuickPAR doesn't seem to be able to repair the RAR files..

Also when I open all RAR files (exept for the first one) it seems to be empty, only the first one shows the compete ISO file.

I use WinRAR on my Vista installation to extract.. at least.. I'm trying.

Does anyone know the correct solution for this??

Thanks a lot!!

zephyroth
02-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Did you download the file p01 to p10 ? You need them to repair the rars.

whelmond
02-20-2008, 03:39 PM
yesyes I did!

I opened the PAR file in QuickPAR, and the program begins to check each RAR file. There it says that some files are not 100% (a few are 90-99%) but the rest of the files are empty (also the PAR files, but i think that's normal) accoding to QuickPAR..

In the red progression bar it also keeps saying "Need 73 more files"..

What could I be doing wrong??

zephyroth
02-20-2008, 03:40 PM
What if you redownload the truncated files ?

whelmond
02-20-2008, 03:48 PM
Well, there are no truncated files.. just some incomplete ones..

I just read on the QuickPAR tutorial site about the order in which to download all files... When I was downloading yesterday I wasn't following this order..
First I downloaded all 73 RAR files, and then I downloaded the PAR files.. I did notice that GrabIT was verifying the files.. but at that point I didn't have the PAR files yet.

So now ALL files are in the same dir.. Is it necessary to download all over again for GrabIT to verify or can this be done afterwards?

Thanks for your help!