PDA

View Full Version : Snow Leopard Installation on my Desktop (Specs Provided)

Siro
09-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Hello,
This is my first post here on these forums and I had some important questions to ask before I install a copy of Retail Snow Leopard on my desktop.My specs are listed below:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo e6300
Mainboard: Intel D946GZIS
Ram: 2.5 GB DDR II 667 MHZ
VGA: EVGA Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT 512 MB
DVDRW: Sony DRU-820A (IDE)
Monitor :Acer AL1717
Keyboard: Apple USB Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech MX 518, Mx 500.
Hard-Drive: 80 GB Seagate IDE,320 GB WD SATA II & 160 GB Maxtor SATA II External

Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX (Works natively on Mac OS X) & Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer

Now coming to the real part I have used various distro's from Tiger to Leopard which included JAS, Kalaway,XXX and iDeneb distro's which I installed and worked perfect on my above mentioned machine without any problems AT all. Now recently I tried installing the SnowOSX Leopard Universal GM v3.5.1 copy and it successfully installed only to hang up at the apple logo during bootup. Since I have used distro's through out my entire 3 years in using Mac OS X, I needed some recommendations if my computer is capable of running Snow Leopard Retail without any major issues and what guide should I be following in order to get it running. Any comments and help forthcoming would be highly welcomed. Hoping for some great replies soon.

Siro
09-03-2009, 10:30 AM
I have posted my issue on insanelymac as well but to no avail please any replies would be welcomed so I can follow to install Snow Leopard on my desktop.

framesx2x
09-04-2009, 12:33 AM
hi

just follow everything from this site......below
http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/how-to-install-os-x-10-6-10a432-t3671/

if you hive any problem downloading the files : "" Archive.zip """" I can upload or send by email,
it fast and quick...
you need these file for installation.

also step 2 to 4 if doesn't work, for you, just load the image on your desktop,
then eject. then open diskutiliy and restore image to second HDA= install
go to the restore image and install from there to the new HDA= OS
os/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg

TO SEE THE INSTALLATION PACKAGE ON THE INSTALL HDA DRIVE YOU NEDD TO USE
VISIBLES

O dude don't forget to name the HDA .

HDA 1 = OS
HDA 2= install

when Snow is Installing and you see the blue bar to the end about 5% done it can fail the install
""" do not do anything """ follow step 7 to 9, reboot.

if system boot o.k. then you need one thing which is very important, install
the "" PlatformUUID.kext _for_snow_64.tar" you google it
step 10 to 12 forget it, do not do it...

hive fun....

Siro
09-04-2009, 12:33 PM
So having a Leopard install is a must I suppose in order for this guide to work I presume!

SquidLord
09-04-2009, 06:00 PM
So having a Leopard install is a must I suppose in order for this guide to work I presume!

Yes, this is the disk that regular MAC users would use, so it won't really run on your PC on boot. But if you had OS X installed, you could play with it from there :D

framesx2x
09-05-2009, 01:38 AM
like i said you must hive mac osx forpc allreadly install, like 10.5.8 or 10.5.7

after the installation is done, then you will patch it... follow the the step's below...

7. Install Bootloader2 and replace the Boot file in the root of os with the one included (color blue).
8. Put the dsmos.kext into /Volume/os/System/Library/Extensions
9. Repair your disk permission by running this code in Terminal:

and reboot, if it boot o.k. you good to go

o.k.

framesx2x
09-05-2009, 01:44 AM
ps done for get to install rossia files is on the disc or image...

Siro
09-05-2009, 08:26 AM
I will install Leopard today and follow the instructions provided above. Thanks for the help. Before I go forward with it this is the error I received a few days ago when I booted up after installing the SnowOsx Universal GM v3.5 and the image is attached. Can anybody shed some light on it what the error is?

Siro
09-12-2009, 08:40 PM
I have got all my problems resolved finally and have a full working Snow Leopard install updated to 10.6.1 without any problems. I appreciate for all the help that has been provided in here and kudos to all of them who were of great help.

c0caine
09-17-2009, 11:29 PM
i cant get my 9500GT to work properly. can you help me out?

tuabak
09-22-2009, 09:28 PM
I have got all my problems resolved finally and have a full working Snow Leopard install updated to 10.6.1 without any problems. I appreciate for all the help that has been provided in here and kudos to all of them who were of great help.

Hi Siro,

If you can, please, post how you did it. Step by step? I have the same Mobo like yours, currently using Leopard 10.5.6. I want to upgrade to SL but afraid I might break it and don't want to reinstall again. Did you install a different kext to make the built-in NIC to work? I never made the built-in sound to work but I'm using a USB Creative sound box.

Thanks! :)