PDA

View Full Version : Can I use dsdt.aml from my Ubuntu to my hack?

MonkeyDLuffy
09-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Hi,

I have little understanding about dsdt and I just have a quick question about it.

Whenever I tried to get my dsdt.aml from OSX it gives me errors and warnings. I had to force compile it. However, when I try to put it into /root or /extra, its just the same as without dsdt. So I think, it is not working. I don't know where to start in fixing those errors and warnings.

I also have ubuntu and tried to get my dsdt using iasl. Now I have dsdt.aml coming from Ubuntu but it does not give me any errors like the one from OSX. The dsdt I get from Ubuntu is error free and I felt like using it instead of the faulty one from OSX.

Are they the same? Can I use the one from Ubuntu to my hack? I'll just place it to the /root and /Extra of my osx? Do I need to convert it so that OSX will understand it.

I'm really sorry bec I tried googling and didn't find anything about switching dsdt.aml to different OSes. I know for a fact that they are somewhat the same, but I just want to know from expert people like you. :)

Thank you and have a great looooonnnggg weekend!!! Enjoy shopping!

MonkeyDLuffy
09-08-2009, 08:14 PM
bump bump please

Imkantus
09-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Whenever I tried to get my dsdt.aml from OSX it gives me errors and warnings. I had to force compile it. However, when I try to put it into /root or /extra, its just the same as without dsdt. So I think, it is not working. I don't know where to start in fixing those errors and warnings.Try to place it in / :)

MonkeyDLuffy
09-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Oh sorry. What I meant about "/root" = "/"

Sorry about that. Yes, I've placed the force compiled one and it seems the same. Do you think the dsdt.aml from ubuntu will be recognized by mac / bootloaders like chameleon, etc?

wwbsox
09-08-2009, 11:53 PM
dsdt created in linux is the same. You may need to patch certain areas to apply some fixes. Plenty of threads about those here. You can take your dsdt from linux and decompile it with iasl or iaslme, apply the cmos reset fix and recompile. etc...