PDA

View Full Version : Disk Utility Help!?!?!

xXrkidXx
09-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Ok so I'm ready to install Snow Leopard. I've got my installer ready and set up correct. how do I make a 30GB partition off my Leopard HD(While Im in Leopard) WITHOUT erasing it? I need to keep it because it's not 100% sure that this will work.

PLEASE HELPPPP

x986123
09-08-2009, 12:00 AM
If you have windows, use the Disk Management utility, or use Gparted CD

xXrkidXx
09-08-2009, 02:29 AM
AGH! EW winblows? i ONLY use it for Halo Multiplayer and Syncing my iPod, as soon as i can get ALL my iTunes and stuff on my Mac, its buh bye winblows.

and ill see what i can do... and I just tryed to boot my Snow Leo USB, and it KP'd... is that a sign i shld wait for a patched CD?

SquidLord
09-08-2009, 07:17 PM
AGH! EW windows? i ONLY use it for Halo Multiplayer and Syncing my iPod, as soon as i can get ALL my iTunes and stuff on my Mac, its buh bye windows.

and ill see what i can do... and I just tryed to boot my Snow Leo USB, and it KP'd... is that a sign i shld wait for a patched CD?

Ok...don't use Windows.....use the GParted CD, it's a UNIX disc so you'll feel right at home.

No, it's not a sign, look what the kernel panic reads and try to fix it. I've gotten several kernel panics and have not given up.

xXrkidXx
09-08-2009, 09:42 PM
it says it corresponds to an unknown task... it kinda baffled me for awhile, and still is.

SquidLord
09-08-2009, 11:03 PM
I've heard that deals with the boot loader.

thorazine74
09-09-2009, 10:25 AM
If your HD is partition with GPT style you can just resize down the partition from Disk Utility without losing data. Check the partition for errors beforehand just in case.
If the disc has MBR style you wont be able to do that easily, maybe latest versions of gparted or Parted Magic can do it but make a backup of your data before, HFS+ resizing can be dangerous.
There are also Mac-specific partition tools like iPartition or Drive Genius but they are designed for real macs so I'm not sure if they will perform well in hackintoshes and MBR.