PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated to New OSX Members

cybercub
01-13-2008, 08:54 AM
A testimonial to new users,

I myself within last week learned of putting osx on our pc's especially the AMD based computers. The first os I attempted to boot/install ... you guessed it.. Zeph's. I have downloaded the rev 1 as posted here and let me tell you what. I have never seen such a headache to even get through the kernel boot to install. Mind you I know my way through linux, hell I got slackware on an old ass Alpha machine. Knowing linux and kernel compiling is a completely different animal than mac to me.

Now as many of users I seen in here posting for help on install including myself to be the culprit we are jumping ahead of the game to fast. Go take a look in the Tiger forums for releases on AMD such as Tubgirls. Why do you ask? I made this move myself and now I am proudly running on 10.4.10 with ease!

I only suggest this because it will get you up and running with a mature version since leopard is still in an infant stage of compatibility for novice users. I will bullet point basically the pro's of learning on Tiger.

*Higher compatibility and testing done already

*Early learning - You will be able to finally be able to load up OsX and start discovering other problems head on. Such as video drivers, printer, wireless network card.. you get the point. Once your in the os you are compelled to do more searching to get your hardware working thus preparing you more for leopard and it's headache.

*Will you like it? - You will also find out if this os is for you. Saving you valuable time and effort for something you wont enjoy.

Sorry if some of this comes across hard to follow since well... dealing with leopard version 1 of zephs cd got me drinking lol. I am now at the point where I understand the system more once being inside and will eventually get leopard up and running through fixing up the iso of rev1 or rev2 when its out.

So in short, if your having a problem and this is the first time you have ever attempted to slap a mac osx on your pc quit trying to get this working and follow my advice by falling back to tiger, get it up faster to learn the in's and out of it then move on from there.

Wish you guys the best and hopefully I will one day join the Leopard crowd AFTER I figure out the god damn geforce 6100 onboard graphics to get QE/CI if anyone is willing to pm me on how I may be able to get that with this card go for it, but no worries.