PDA

View Full Version : [ PRE-INSTALL AUTOMATOR v1.1 ] For easily installing vanilla snow leo.

djnitehawk
09-12-2009, 03:55 AM
What is this?

This is a script which lets you do quick and easy Snow Leopard installs by automating the pre-install preparation process.

What exactly does the script do?

It takes care of the following:

Installs Chameleon 2 RC3 boot loader
Creates a patched dsdt.aml file for your specific motherboard
Installs the required kexts + boot plist

Why use this?

Fully automated - you only need to tell it where to install
No more typing commands in terminal
No more editing plist files

No need for EFI strings for nVidia graphics cards. Chameleon 2 RC3 detects them automatically.
No need for disk UUID strings. Again, Chameleon takes care of it.

Can install to any disk/partition, even to raid helper partitions
Can be used from within Leopard 10.5 or Snow Leopard 10.6
Can be used straight from the retail Snow Leo Installer DVD (follow guide below).
Not specific to a certain motherboard make/model.
Helps doing a basic pure vanilla installation quickly.
Can easily customize for your needs.

Can easily add any additional kexts for your system
The source code is editable

Warning:

This is not meant for complete noobs. It will not magically give you a working Snow Leopard install. The upcoming iKaros distro is recommended for that.

How do I use this?

This script could be used in a few different ways but here's the easiest way that i could come up with to get a working Snow Leo installation quickly.

Brief guide (for experienced/intermediate hackintoshers):

Restore the retail "Snow Leopard Install DVD" to a read/write disk partition (hdd or usb flash drive).
Download and extract the attached zip file to your desktop.
Add any additional kexts your system needs to the following location: (see tip #2 below)

"desktop/snow-installer/filez/Extra/Extensions/"

Run the script from your "desktop/snow-installer/installnow" by double-clicking on it or via the terminal.
Go through the on-screen prompts. Select the above restored install dvd partition as the target.

For ex: "/Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD" so that the installer dvd partition becomes bootable.

Copy the folder "desktop/snow-installer" to the above restored location.

For ex: "/Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD/"

Restart the computer and boot into the above install dvd disk/partition.
After the retail installer loads, go to the menu and click "Utilities" > "Terminal" and type the following to launch the script again:

"/snow-installer/installnow"

Go through the prompts again and select your ultimate Snow Leo destination disk/partition.

For ex: "/Volumes/MySnowLeo"

Close the terminal and continue with the retail snow leopard installer and select the same location you chose in step 9 as the target for installing.

"/Volumes/MySnowLeo"

That's it in 10 easy steps!!!

Is this guaranteed to work?

Hell no!!! No guarantees...
Use at your own risk...

This is just a tool that i made to make my life easier when doing new OSX installations for myself and friends. Just wanted to give something back to the community.

I apologize in advance if i don't answer your questions in a timely manner. Im sure all the other knowledgeable members here will step in and help...

Last but not least... My heartfelt gratitude goes out to the following people:

-The Chameleon Team (for a kick ass boot loader)
-Netkas (for fakesmc)
-Fassl (for the dsdt patcher)
-Voodoo Team (for voodoohda and voodoops2)
-Psystar (for openhaltrestart)
-iAtkos Team (for giving me my first fully working hackintosh)
-Everyone else that's made OSX86 a reality.

LONG LIVE THE HACKINTOSH SCENE!!!

Note for non-nVidia graphics card users:

If your graphics card is not nVidia, chameleon's auto graphics detection will not work. Before doing anything, please edit the file "desktop/snow-installer/filez/Extra/com.apple.boot.plist" and change the "Yes" to "No" where it says:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Then you will have to take whatever measure necessary to add the proper graphics card support by using EFI strings, injectors/enablers, custom kexts, etc. Just search the web/forums for help with that...

Tip 1:

Before running this script, please go through your bios setup and make sure that the following(or similar) are enabled if available. these settings help in trouble[free/less] booting.

hpet(high precision event timer), sata ahci, intel xd(execute disable bit), intel vt (virtualization technology), acpi 2, s3 sleep state, intel speedstep

even if they are not available, just give it a whirl and see what happens.

Tip 2:

The kexts that are included in this package are only the real basic ones that are required to get a basic vanilla system running on any modern desktop assuming it has sata hdd's with ahci support + multi core intel processor + intel chipset on southbridge etc...

You may have to add any additional kexts your system might need for ex: sound + network + ide hdd support etc. if they are not detected by the stock kexts that come with snow leo...

The best way to figure out what additional kexts are needed, is to look at a guide specifically written for you motherboard or computer model and see which kexts are missing and simply add them in step 3 of the above guide.

Tip 3:

Some kexts such as network card drivers, sound drivers (voodoohda) do not work from "/Extra/Extensions" if that's the case for you, simply move them to "/System/Library/Extensions" once you get your basic snow leo up and running.

Tip 4:

After messing with the "/System/Library/Extensions" always issue the following commands in the terminal so that there wont be any errors regarding permissions and outdated boot caches:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions
sudo diskutil repairpermissions /volumes/NAMEOFSNOWVOLUME
sudo touch /system/library/extensions

Tip 5:

This script generates and places a dsdt.aml file on the target disk which will only work with the computer you ran it on.

If you want to try booting that disk on a different computer, you can temporarily disable the loading of the patched dsdt.aml by interrupting chameleon at boot time by pressing any key and typing in the following:

"DSDT=nothing.aml" without quotes.

Tip 6:

The patched dsdt.aml currently does not include the "cmos reset fix" which is required if your bios/cmos gets corrupted/reset everytime you reboot. So if your mobo suffers from this problem, you will have to edit your dsdt manually. Guide's can be found on the net on how to do that...

Im currently trying to learn the C language so i can update Fassl's dsdt patcher code with the cmos reset fix. If any of you C pros out there would like to help, that would be great!!!

Revision History:

v1.0:

Initial release

v1.1

fixed issues encountered when running from within leopard 10.5
solved bash external command dependencies when running from the retail dvd installer
increased error checking for trouble[free/less] operation
enabled manual volume mounting/unmounting in case of error
updated the guide for better and trouble[free/less] install experience

Request from the pros:

If you think any of the info on this post is incorrect or could be improved, please do let me know...

And you guys are welcome to edit the script and make improvements to it. Just send me a copy so i can post it up here...

InteliMacPro
09-12-2009, 04:18 AM
I'm sitting here wondering if it would fix my dsdt recompiling problem, cuz if all it does is the basic patch dsdt/iasl decompile/recompile, i'm screwed. I have to force compile and get an error and three warnings, then i edit it, and it won't recompile because of said errors/warnings. Nice work though.

djnitehawk
09-12-2009, 04:34 AM
aha...

yeh this script only does the basic dump > fix > compile using fasssl's dsdt patcher... which is usually enough to get a machine to boot without any hitches...

question: what dsdt patches are u trying to apply? cos ur mobo has the ich9r chipset, which is exactly what my mobo has and the only non-standard dsdt fix im using is the "uhci/ehci devices to ich10" hack in order to get my machine to go to sleep...

clarification: this script dumps whatever dsdt table u have in memory when it runs... so if u somehow have a manually patched dsdt loaded atm, that will be what is used from now onwards...

if u somehow have a weird bios and ur stock dsdt is screwed up, try doing all the hacks by hand using this tool:
http://www.osx86.es/?p=610

good luck!!!

InteliMacPro
09-12-2009, 04:44 AM
i don't think i've ever applied a dsdt mod... I tried it with force compile on the iPC install disc awhile back, but i never noticed if it worked. The only thing i need it for is to get my cmos to stop resetting, otherwise i wouldn't care about it. Although I'd love to be able to get mine to sleep/wake. It's never done that and I haven't ever really put much time into getting it to work.

djnitehawk
09-12-2009, 04:49 AM
u only got to change a single line for the cmos reset fix right... change a 4 to 2 or something right... cant remember...

try doing that with DSDTSE app i posted earlier...

it also has fixes for a lot of compile errors u might be getting...

InteliMacPro
09-12-2009, 04:51 AM
yeah i just downloaded it. I'll give it a try. I've gotten the line edited, where i run into the problem is on recompiling it back to an .aml. Using iaslme it just gives me a log file. I'll give dsdtse a shot though. thanks :)

djnitehawk
09-12-2009, 04:53 AM
attach ur dsdt.dsl file ill give it a shot as well...

InteliMacPro
09-12-2009, 05:35 AM
Here ya go. I included the log too. You probably don't need it but i don't know how to find the problems without it. Thanks for taking a look. Feel like i'm hijacking your thread here.

djnitehawk
09-12-2009, 06:26 AM
no worries mate!!!

here's ur dsdt all fixed up...

do test it on ur machine let me know if its working properly...

good luck!!!

InteliMacPro
09-12-2009, 08:16 AM
I could freakin' KISS you. Works like a champ. No more cmos reset. THANK YOU. I've been beating my head against that one for the last 3 days.

djnitehawk
09-12-2009, 08:31 AM
haha my gf wouldnt like that :-)

anyways... glad 2 be of service...

drossxyu
09-12-2009, 04:20 PM
First off.. thanks so much for making a script like this. It's going to save me a lot of time and headaches. When I ran installNow off my thumb drive i got the error right off the bat:

'dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
/Volumes/hackintoshInstall/snow-installer/installnow: line 191: 3020 Trace/BPT trap ./filez/clear
AUTOMATED PRE INSTALL PREP FOR SNOW LEO 10.6'

It continues to give me similar looking errors as I progress through the install. I actually haven't tried letting it finish the process as I didn't think it would install correctly w\ these errors.

Any Ideas? Thanks..

djnitehawk
09-12-2009, 04:44 PM
ok... i think i might know whats going on...

are u currently running an osx version that is not 10.6? are u running the script from within leo 10.5?

the problem is: the "clear" file which i've included in the package is from my 10.6 and it might not be compatible with ur osx version.

just do this... grab the following files from your current osx and put them inside the script directory replacing the existing ones:

1. "/usr/bin/clear" to "snow-installer/filez"
2. "/usr/bin/xxd" to "snow-installer/filez/dsdt/tools"

the reason i included these files was cos they are not available on the snow installer dvd...

ill think of a proper fix for this when i get some free time...

thanks for the feedback!!!

drossxyu
09-12-2009, 04:56 PM
To be more specific I get this error several times before it asks me to enter my disk number:

dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
/Volumes/hackintoshInstall/snow-installer/installnow: line 191: 273 Trace/BPT trap ./filez/clear

I chose the following destination as my target ( thumb drive ):

2: Apple_HFS hackintoshInstall 7.2 Gi disk1s2

After choosing 'Yes' I get that same error again:

/Volumes/hackintoshInstall/snow-installer/installnow: line 157: 368 Trace/BPT trap ./filez/clear
Is the following, your target partition?

I choose 'Yes' One more time and it starts to copy files. More errors Ensue:

/Volumes/hackintoshInstall/snow-installer/installnow: line 144: 375 Trace/BPT trap ./filez/clear
file copying done...
waiting 3 secs...
Volume hackintoshInstall on disk1s2 failed to unmount
waiting 3 secs...

Installing Chameleon boot0 file...

Installing Chameleon boot1h file...

dd: /dev/disk1s2: Resource busy

flagging partition as bootable...

fdisk: could not open MBR file /usr/standalone/i386/boot0: No such file or directory
Enter 'help' for information
fdisk: 1> Partition 2 marked active.
fdisk:*1> Writing current MBR to disk.
Device could not be accessed exclusively.
A reboot will be needed for changes to take effect. OK? [n]
waiting 3 secs...

There are a few more of those same 'dyld' errors after this. I went ahead and tried to just boot off my usb stick anyway and I got the error:

boot0: GPT
boot0:testing
boot0:testing
boot0:error_

It just sits there, cursor blinking, until I reboot. Any ideas?

drossxyu
09-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Ah.. I'll give that a shot. Yeah, i'm using 10.5.7. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

drossxyu
09-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Excellent. Copying those files over from my 10.5.7 got rid of the 'dyld' errors, but now I need to figure out these:

file copying done...
waiting 3 secs...
Volume hackintoshInstall on disk1s2 failed to unmount
waiting 3 secs...

dd: /dev/disk1s2: Resource busy

fdisk: could not open MBR file /usr/standalone/i386/boot0: No such file or directory
Device could not be accessed exclusively.
A reboot will be needed for changes to take effect. OK? [n]
waiting 3 secs...

Volume hackintoshInstall on /dev/disk1s2 mounted
waiting 3 secs...

Installing Chameleon boot file...

going to generate a dsdt.aml for your mobo now…
/Volumes/hackintoshInstall/snow-installer/installnow: line 65: /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/dsdtpatcher: No such file or directory

copying the patched dsdt.aml to /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra
cp: /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/dsdt.aml: No such file or directory

I'm using a sandisk USB drive that mounts this stupid 'U3 system' thing. Could this be interfering with anything?

djnitehawk
09-12-2009, 05:21 PM
looks like the chameleon files didnt get installed due to being unable to unmount the volume.

looks like my quick and easy method has a flaw in it...

do this for now until i fix up the script...

1. instead of copying the script over to the restored osx installer dvd volume, just run it from within ur primary osx volume... (so that the installer dvd volume is able to unmount)

2. after the restored installer dvd volume is made bootable (by running the script from a different location than from it self), copy the script files over to the dvd volume (so u can use it after booting into the installer)

do this and let me know how u go...

ps: it would help if you could copy-n-paste the whole output of the script...

drossxyu
09-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Ran it off my desktop on 10.5.7 machine. Copied over the necessary files again to the fix that other error. No errors up until this part:

/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *298.1 Gi disk0
1: EFI 200.0 Mi disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Macintosh HD 232.9 Gi disk0s2
3: Microsoft Basic Data BOOTCAMP 64.9 Gi disk0s3
/dev/disk1
0: GUID_partition_scheme *7.5 Gi disk1
1: EFI 200.0 Mi disk1s1
/dev/disk2
0: U3 System *6.7 Mi disk2

Enter the target disk number. Ex: 0 (for disk0s1)
Enter the target partition number. Ex: 1 (for disk0s1)

Your target is: disk1s2

Would you like to continue [y/n] or retry? [r]
y

/dev/disk1
0: GUID_partition_scheme *7.5 Gi disk1
1: EFI 200.0 Mi disk1s1

Please verify your selection (disk1s2) by looking at the info above

Would you like to continue? [y/n] or retry? [r]
y

Is the following, your target partition?

/Volumes/hackintoshInstall

Press [y] to continue. [n] to quit. [r] to retry
y
copying files to the hdd now...

./filez/dsdt -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt
./filez/dsdt/.DS_Store -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/.DS_Store
./filez/dsdt/DSDTPatcher -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/DSDTPatcher
./filez/dsdt/Tools -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/Tools
./filez/dsdt/Tools/.DS_Store -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/Tools/.DS_Store
./filez/dsdt/Tools/getDSDT.sh -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/Tools/getDSDT.sh
./filez/dsdt/Tools/iasl -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/Tools/iasl
./filez/dsdt/Tools/xxd -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/Tools/xxd
./filez/Extra -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra
./filez/Extra/.DS_Store -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/.DS_Store
./filez/Extra/com.apple.boot.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/com.apple.boot.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions
./filez/Extra/Extensions/.DS_Store -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/.DS_Store
./filez/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleACPIPS2Nub -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleACPIPS2Nub
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/MacOS/fakesmc -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/MacOS/fakesmc
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/NullCPUPowerManagement -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/NullCPUPowerManagement
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/MacOS/OpenHaltRestart -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/MacOS/OpenHaltRestart
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources/license.txt -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources/license.txt
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/MacOS/PlatformUUID -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/MacOS/PlatformUUID
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Controller -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Controller
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Keyboard -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Keyboard
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Mouse -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Mouse
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Trackpad -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Trackpad
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings

file copying done...
waiting 3 secs...
Volume hackintoshInstall on disk1s2 unmounted
waiting 3 secs...

2+0 records in
2+0 records out
1024 bytes transferred in 0.002053 secs (498777 bytes/sec)

waiting 3 secs...

waiting 3 secs...

/Users/Frank/Desktop/snow-installer/installnow: line 65: /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/dsdtpatcher: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/dsdt.aml: No such file or directory

WE ARE DONE!!!

So it looks like it fixed the mounting problem but those other errors still remain. Thanks!

djnitehawk
09-12-2009, 05:38 PM
ok all problems sorted expect for one...

can u please look here (using finder):

/Users/Frank/Desktop/snow-installer/dsdt/

can u rename the file "DSDTPatcher" to "dsdtpatcher"

then rerun the script...

looks like its a case sensitivity problem...

if the file does not exist there... u need to put it there...

report back...

drossxyu
09-12-2009, 05:51 PM
/Volumes/hackintoshInstall

Press [y] to continue. [n] to quit. [r] to retry
y
copying files to the hdd now...

./filez/dsdt -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt
./filez/dsdt/.DS_Store -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/.DS_Store
./filez/dsdt/dsdtpatcher -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/dsdtpatcher
./filez/dsdt/Tools -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/Tools
./filez/dsdt/Tools/.DS_Store -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/Tools/.DS_Store
./filez/dsdt/Tools/getDSDT.sh -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/Tools/getDSDT.sh
./filez/dsdt/Tools/iasl -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/Tools/iasl
./filez/dsdt/Tools/xxd -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/dsdt/Tools/xxd
./filez/Extra -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra
./filez/Extra/.DS_Store -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/.DS_Store
./filez/Extra/com.apple.boot.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/com.apple.boot.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions
./filez/Extra/Extensions/.DS_Store -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/.DS_Store
./filez/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleACPIPS2Nub -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleACPIPS2Nub
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/MacOS/fakesmc -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/MacOS/fakesmc
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/NullCPUPowerManagement -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/NullCPUPowerManagement
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/MacOS/OpenHaltRestart -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/MacOS/OpenHaltRestart
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources/license.txt -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext/Contents/Resources/license.txt
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/MacOS/PlatformUUID -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/MacOS/PlatformUUID
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Controller -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Controller
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Keyboard -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Keyboard
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Mouse -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Mouse
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Info.plist -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Info.plist
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/MacOS -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/MacOS
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Trackpad -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooPS2Trackpad
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Resources -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Resources
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
./filez/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings -> /Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings

file copying done...
waiting 3 secs...
Volume hackintoshInstall on disk1s2 unmounted
waiting 3 secs...

2+0 records in
2+0 records out
1024 bytes transferred in 0.000865 secs (1183839 bytes/sec)

waiting 3 secs...

waiting 3 secs...

DSDT Patcher 1.0.1e -- report Bugs to [email protected]
enclose "DSDT Patcher/Debug/USER.tar"

Press any key to continue...

Getting the DSDT through ioreg...

Decompiling the DSDT...

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
AML Disassembler version 20080926 [Oct 4 2008]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2008 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

Loading Acpi table from file ./dsdt.dat
Acpi table [DSDT] successfully installed and loaded
Pass 1 parse of [DSDT]
Pass 2 parse of [DSDT]
Parsing Deferred Opcodes (Methods/Buffers/Packages/Regions)
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................................
Parsing completed
Disassembly completed, written to "./dsdt.dsl"

Done, now start the Patching!

Patching RTC...

RTC Device found : Device (RTC)
No IRQ found in RTC Device, should be fine
Patching HPET...

HPET Device found : Device (HPET)
IRQ's written to HPET
HPET patched
Which OS to emulate? [0=Darwin,1=WinXP, 2=WinVista]
Fixing various Issues...

Found an issue
Found Name (_T_0, Zero)
Fixed Name (T0_0, Zero)

Found an issue
Found Store (ToInteger (Arg2), _T_0)
Fixed Store (ToInteger (Arg2), T0_0)

Found an issue
Found If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x00))
Fixed If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x00))

Found an issue
Found If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x06))
Fixed If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x06))

Found an issue
Found If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x07))
Fixed If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x07))

Found an issue
Found Name (_T_0, Zero)
Fixed Name (T0_0, Zero)

Found an issue
Found Store (ToInteger (Arg2), _T_0)
Fixed Store (ToInteger (Arg2), T0_0)

Found an issue
Found If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x00))
Fixed If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x00))

Found an issue
Found If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x06))
Fixed If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x06))

Found an issue
Found If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x07))
Fixed If (LEqual (T0_0, 0x07))

Done

We are done patching, press any key to try to compile the fixed DSDT

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20080926 [Oct 4 2008]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2008 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

ASL Input: ./dsdt_fixed.txt - 7164 lines, 240600 bytes, 2986 keywords
AML Output: ././dsdt.aml - 23586 bytes, 963 named objects, 2023 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 799 Optimizations

Compiling done, if it worked, you have now a patched DSDT in dsdt.aml
If the compiling went wrong, you could force to build it with ./DSDT\ Patcher -f (try this DSDT at your own risk)

WE ARE DONE!!!

Ok, so it seemed to have resolved the DSDT issue, but what i've realized is that this is probably meant to be run on the machine i'll be installing Snow Leopard too. I don't have a working hackintosh yet. I've been doing all of this on my Macbook Pro so this is probably not going to help. I have a Gigabyte G31M-ES2L Rev. 2. There's also that MBR file error still happening.

Gurruwiwi
09-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Fantastic work man! Havn't tried it as I've only just managed to get full functioning install, but during next week I'll try on a fresh drive to test this.

But I only disagree on one thing... I thnk this community is MUCH better than the "insane" one. It is really insane over there, albeit the amount of info it contains.

Keep up the good vibes!!

djnitehawk
09-12-2009, 06:06 PM
ok not to worry...

do this...

take ur usb thingy and plug into ur pc and boot into it...

when chameleon shows up, press any key and interrupt it... so u can type something...

type this:

"DSDT=nothing.aml" without quotes

and select the installer disk from the list of drives and boot into the installer...

what that will do is that will temporarily not load the macbook dsdt file...

after u get into the installer, bring up the terminal and repeat the process for ur pc harddrive... it will generate a patched dsdt.aml for ur gigabyte board...

or u dont like typing, simply delete the following file from ur usb drive:

"/Volumes/hackintoshInstall/Extra/dsdt.aml"

if booting the installer without a dsdt.aml on ur giga doesnt work, i cant really help u with that since i dont have that motherboard...

and dont worry about the MBR error... that is normal...

drossxyu
09-12-2009, 06:40 PM
ok, so i was able to boot off my usb drive (hooray!). I got into the installer and the first thing I did was format my drive to journaled,case-sensitive,and GUID. I then went to the terminal and ran your script off the thumb drive and got the attached error.

drossxyu
09-12-2009, 06:43 PM
I should mention that I deleted the dsdt.aml from the usb drive... thanks so much for helping me through this. This is a fun rainy saturday activity...

djnitehawk
09-12-2009, 06:57 PM
heh... baffling...

its saying that the files are missing from the filez folder...

try this for now, until i fix up the script...

in the installer, launch terminal and type as follows:

cd /snow-installer
./installnow

see if launching the script that way works...

oh and btw, remember those two files u replaced with the 10.5 versions (clear and xxd)? they wont work on this 10.6 installer. u need to replace those with the 10.6 versions on ur usb drive from my zip file before booting up with the usb again...

im trying to fix the script work now without all these glitches... so hang in there... ill try my best...

do report any other troubles until then...

drossxyu
09-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Ok, so a combination of copying over the original 10.6 clear and xxd files and running installnow from within the directory must have fixed it. Your script seemed to run fine so I went ahead with the install. With about 11 min left on the install I get this lovely 'Install Failed' Message.. boo..

when I restart I get a 'CMOS checksum error'. It then restarts and I'm back to booting osx off the thumb drive.. although 2 partitions labeled 'osx' show up in chameleon.

djnitehawk
09-12-2009, 07:48 PM
in that case try this:

dont run the script before installing to your target...

install first... after install, restart and come back into the installer and run the script...

see if u can get the installer to finish that way... if the installer doesnt run properly before running my script, it has to be something not related to my script... cos this way, the script hasnt done anything...

anyways, try that and lemme knoe... oh and click "window" > "installer log" and take a snap of that too so we can see what exactly went wrong...

drossxyu
09-12-2009, 07:50 PM
I took a look at the log in the terminal again after I ran your script. There are two things are curious:

-I get a 'sh: clear: command not found' twice.. the original clear command is definitely in there..

And then there is :

fdisk: 1> Partition 2 marked active
Device could not be accessed exclusively

The last line in particular doesn't seem right..

Those are the only clues I can find right now..

djnitehawk
09-12-2009, 07:54 PM
oh and also try booting into ur new "OSX" partition and see what happens (despite the error)...

and if u are able to boot into ur new "OSX" while having the usb plugged in, that means the installer did just fine and chameleon didnt get installed properly to that disk...

djnitehawk
09-12-2009, 08:24 PM
But I only disagree on one thing... I thnk this community is MUCH better than the "insane" one.

ooooops i made a booboo :-)

u see what happened was i posted this thing first over at the insane one and copied and pasted it here and forgot to edit it... cos i used to spend more time there...

but yeh i agree with u totally that this infinite one :-) is quite good as well...

i think most of the ppl here are over there as well... :-)

djnitehawk
09-12-2009, 08:27 PM
ok fellas im gonna have to call it a day and get sum sleep... too tired to think about all these technical mumbo jumbo :-)

will get back to it first thing tomorrow morning...

drossxyu
09-12-2009, 08:29 PM
I reformatted my hard-drive again ( to clear off all the snow-install files) and tried the installation again. Same thing. I attached an image of the install log. The errors start about 3/4 of the way down. I'm going to try boot with it anyway in a moment.

drossxyu
09-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Hey, so oddly enough, I am able to boot into osx from my hard-drive through chameleon. It's strange that two identical 'OSX' drives appear but hey, it seems to work. I guess my next step is to test it it out and figure out what is and is not working properly. Thanks DJ for all of your help. Have a good night!

drossxyu
09-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Alright, so I am now successfully booting into 10.6 without the help of my thumb drive. I am still unsure of how solid this install is as the previously mentioned errors in the install log are still a mystery as well as these errors when I run your script while in the osx installer:

"
-I get a 'sh: clear: command not found' twice.. the original clear command is definitely in there..

And then there is :

The last line in particular doesn't seem right.. "

I'm not getting any kernel panics or anything but I don't think my video card is being recognized properly and my sound fails to work. I downloaded EFI studio but there is no option for my 9800 GTX 512 MB. To fix my sound I tried using kext utility to install LegacyALC883.kext, which was provided in this thread (http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide-retail-snow-leopard-dvd-install-for-g31m-t3672/) for my particular board, but that didn't work either. My motherboard ( the GA-G31M-E2SL rev. 2) doesn't have a supported ethernet so I tried using my Rosewill RNX-EasyN1 wireless dongle but osx isn't recognizing it (the latest drivers are for 10.5.0?). I bought it because it was highly recommended on that leopard soup site that has been down for the past few weeks. Anyway.. I feel like I'm half way there. Just a few more things to sort out and I should be up and running. Thanks again for your help DJ.

djnitehawk
09-13-2009, 05:08 AM
good to hear...

i just woke up and i will get on to fixing the script now...

so yeh being able to boot into a new snow installation without any panics or freezes is only half the battler... getting all ur other devices detected and working is the other half (which is sort of out of the scope of my script)

anyways...

why do u think ur nvidia card isnt detected properly? does the video seem laggy? is it not listed under "system profiler" > "graphics/display" > "chipset model". if it does say your graphic card name there, it is detected. if u r worried about not seeing any info about "QE/CI" dont worry. the new system profiler doesnt show that info anymore.

anyways, if you want to try efi strings or injectors, you have to edit the boot plist and change the "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" to "No"

osx86tools has the 9800gtx efi string... try that... it will also let u create a custom efi string also...
sound + network kexts do not work from /Extra/Extensions. move them to /System/Library/Extensions and run the following:

dont worry about the following error. it gets displayed every time but it works. you wouldnt have been able to boot into snow if it didnt do its job:

and have u tried installing osx via the installer and then running script rather than the other way around like i've suggested in my guide? that might resolve the installer error about not being able to start osx and ending prematurely...

the funny thing is... i didnt experience any of these problems when testing this on my system... but this is good... the script will get more stable this way and it will work for a lot more ppl in the future...

drossxyu
09-13-2009, 08:00 AM
The system profiler reports a 'NVIDIA' device w\ 32 MB of VRAM so it doesn't seem to be detecting it correctly. I'll give the preset in osx86 tools a shot tomorrow but I don't know anything about creating custom EFI strings.

I get a 'System Extensionn can not be used' error if I try to move any of the .kexts from extra/extensions to system/library/extensions. Is this why the kext utility exists? What do those commands you provided do exactly?

The 2nd time I installed Snow Leopard I did so without running your script and it still failed at the same spot. I recreated the partition as well to make sure that nothing was still lingering from the script on the drive.. Does this have anything to do with running the installer in 32-bit mode as opposed to 64-bit?

I have to go to sleep. I'll continue troubleshooting in the morning.. Thanks!

djnitehawk
09-13-2009, 08:07 AM
aha... it is always safer to run everything in 32bit mode until you have a working install...

that might be the cause of the installer failing...

and those commands for repairing permissions on the moved kexts and renewing boot caches so that they execute properly...

just ignore the error msgs and run those commands or try kext utility.... ive only had mixed results with KU... thats why i take care of that myself with those commands...

and good news... i think ive solved most of the problems we faced last night... ill upload v1.1 of the script soon... just doing some final testing...

gnite and sweet dreams... u might be dreaming about leopards and snowflakes tonight :-) hehehe!!!

djnitehawk
09-13-2009, 11:38 AM
ok guys... ive updated the main post with v1.1 and revised the guide...

do re-read and retry if you had trouble using version 1... might pay to wipe everything you've done with v1.0 before trying v1.1...

and of course report back with your experiences...

good luck!!!

teamka42
09-13-2009, 12:30 PM
ok i manage to boot from my usb pendrive.. no error what so ever.. but after all the load text my screen just went blank.. i wait for 10 minutes nothing happens..

using v1.1

djnitehawk
09-13-2009, 01:54 PM
@teamka42

whats ur hardware config? mobo, graphic card, etc?

try this when booting from your usb drive:

interrupt chameleon by pressing any key when it shows up. then type the following:

"GraphicsEnabler=No" without the quotes

then select ur pendrive by using the left/right arrows and hit enter...

see if you can boot into the installer with just basic graphics support...

if the above is successful, that means chameleons auto graphics card detection didnt work for your card... and u would have to update the boot plist file with an EFI string for ur graphics card or use an injector to get full graphics...

if the above didnt help, could we have a look at the messages that get displayed when it boots? u will have to take a photo of it and post here...

good luck!!!

drossxyu
09-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm going to give it a shot in a bit. Just to double check, I should edit the com.apple.boot.plist in Extra and add this line in order to boot in 32-bit::

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-x32</string>

Are there are any other places this flag should exist or is this all?

teamka42
09-13-2009, 03:26 PM
hi again,

my mobo is MSI P35 Platinum and 8800GT 512.

when i first boot from usb drive i get this, hang till this part
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3410/linet.jpg
then if i restart and try to boot again i can get pass that but only blank screen.
if i use GraphicsEnabler=No
i get this
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/6393/13092009066.jpg

help

djnitehawk
09-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm going to give it a shot in a bit. Just to double check, I should edit the com.apple.boot.plist in Extra and add this line in order to boot in 32-bit::

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-x32</string>

Are there are any other places this flag should exist or is this all?

if you havent made any changes to the boo plist that my script install, it should already boot ur snow in 32bit...

if you look in "/extra/com.apple.boot.plist" it should have something like:

arch=x86

which should have given u a 32bit boot... but if that didnt work, try using this:

arch=i386

alternatively, u can just temporarily use those flags at chameleon boot time:

-x32 or arch=x86 or arch=i386

djnitehawk
09-13-2009, 03:40 PM

looks like ur mobo doesnt have an HPET device...

can u first go through ur bios setup and see if you can find anything related to HPET (high precision event timer) and enable that...

if hpet cant be found on ur bios, try the following:

at chameleon boot type this:

ForceHPET=Yes

and boot...

if that doesnt solve it, try this:

download this kext (http://cid-8b65993ef55cf014.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/OSx86/Snow%20Leopard/niezbedne%20pliki%20%5E5necessary%20files%20for%20 install%20Snow%20on%20PC%5E6/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext%5E_for%5E_snow%5E_64.t ar) and put it on ur usb drive at "/Extra/Extensions"

and try rebooting into the installer...

post back what happens then...........

PS: after enabling HPET in ur bios, u might have to re-run the script and do it over again so that the dsdtpatcher can properly produce a dsdt.aml with hpet support... not sure...

teamka42
09-13-2009, 05:10 PM
with your help i can now boot.. TQ djnitehawk..
Now one problem remain..

i get "-CFGetHostUUIDString : Unable to determine UUID for host. Error : 35"
i cant find the disk where im suppose to install SL.
any workaround?

rohizzle121
09-13-2009, 05:19 PM
hi again,

my mobo is MSI P35 Platinum and 8800GT 512.

when i first boot from usb drive i get this, hang till this part

then if i restart and try to boot again i can get pass that but only blank screen.
if i use GraphicsEnabler=No
i get this

help

take out the .mkext file. its causing a error and its a mission critical file. same thing happened to me.

also, does your DSDT.aml have the cmos fix already in it?

djnitehawk
09-13-2009, 05:21 PM
is ur target disk ide? or sata?

if ide u have to find a kext that will detect ur ide drives... as far as i can remember there were some modified ide kexts floating around that worked with snow... have a look around for those...

if ur target disk is sata, make sure it is running in AHCI mode... set it in bios...

if ahci is already enabled... try lauching the disk utility from the installer menu... if ur target disk is visible there, then everything is fine... u are able to select it as target from my script...

i used to get those uuid error 35 back in 10.5 but i simply ignored those...

if that may be the cause of ur target disk dissapearing, u will have to use a kext called "platformuuid.kext" and add ur disk uuid to that, or something like that... please search the forum for that info... cos i personally havent dealt with that...

lemme knoe how u go...

UPDATE: looks like the uuid 35 error doesnt have anything to do with missing drives... its related to a missing firewire network interface according to this:
http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php?topic=250.0

djnitehawk
09-13-2009, 05:30 PM
does your DSDT.aml have the cmos fix already in it?

unfortunately no!!! im using Fassl's dsdt patcher which doesnt fix the cmos reset problem...

atm im trying to go through fassl's source code trying to learn C language and add the cmos reset fix myself... cos fassl seems to have retired from updating it...

so ppl if u do have the cmos reset problem, u will have to edit ur dsdt by hand... there are guides for that all over the place...

i highly recommend using DSDTSE from here for manual dsdt work:

rohizzle121
09-13-2009, 05:49 PM
unfortunately no!!! im using Fassl's dsdt patcher which doesnt fix the cmos reset problem...

atm im trying to go through fassl's source code trying to learn C language and add the cmos reset fix myself... cos fassl seems to have retired from updating it...

so ppl if u do have the cmos reset problem, u will have to edit ur dsdt by hand... there are guides for that all over the place...

i highly recommend using DSDTSE from here for manual dsdt work:

oh ok thanks for the quick response.
you should intergrate how to edit the DSDT into your OP, so people know to do it. :D

and im sure someone knows C that can help in IRC/forums :)

oh and in my last post, i meant to say the extensions.mkext IS NOT mission critial. its only there as a time saving option

also is

Right-click on the target OS X HDD volume icon on your Desktop -> Get Info. If the checkbox next to "Ignore ownership on this volume" is checked then click on padlock symbol to authenticate and UNCHECK the checkbox.

Then to ensure that the target OS X HDD volume's root directory is owned by the root user, go to Terminal and type: (note that using 0:0 is equiavlent to using root:wheel)

CODE
sudo chown 0:0 /Volumes/"your target OS X HDD volume name"

This is to make certain that the permissions are not scrambled after the installation of OS X.....and hence that you are able to boot from the OS X 10.6 hard drive........

is that not needed?

drossxyu
09-13-2009, 08:01 PM
OK, so I just finished installing Snow Leopard again w\ the new version of your script. Everything seems to have gone smoothly. The installation actually completed this time instead of dying w\ 11 min. left like before. I did notice one error when running your script the 2nd time within the SL install.

'sh: clear: command not found'

Everything else seemed normal.

I'm able to boot into SL now w/o my thumb drive but chameleon never really appears any more. I no longer have the option of booting into my windows drive and my screen just floods w\ text before it automatically goes into SL. My graphics card still isn't being recognized although I noticed that it seemed to have detected my 'geforce 9800 gtx' somewhere within the text flood prior to the loading of the installation screen. My sound also isn't working. I have the .kext that is supposed to work for my board in the extra/extensions folder in the root of my SL drive. Is this all that is needed or am I supposed to move these extension files elsewhere.

teamka42
09-13-2009, 08:05 PM
success, set to AHCI and HPET eliminate all the probs for my mobo..
Installed and everything works now.. even sound.. thanks again djnitehawk
(Y)(Y)

off topic..
is it me or disks now in SL change to yellow
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1092/screenshot20090914at121.png

djnitehawk
09-14-2009, 01:38 AM
Right-click on the target OS X HDD volume icon on your Desktop -> Get Info. If the checkbox next to "Ignore ownership on this volume" is checked then click on padlock symbol to authenticate and UNCHECK the checkbox.

Then to ensure that the target OS X HDD volume's root directory is owned by the root user, go to Terminal and type: (note that using 0:0 is equiavlent to using root:wheel)

CODE
sudo chown 0:0 /Volumes/"your target OS X HDD volume name"

This is to make certain that the permissions are not scrambled after the installation of OS X.....and hence that you are able to boot from the OS X 10.6 hard drive........ is that not needed?

actually ive never had to do that using the retail dvd installer method as mentioned on the guide... even for installing on usb drives...

ive only had to do that after using the "osintall.mpgk" method from within Leo 10.5 cos the "osinstall.mpgk" doesnt take care of setting the correct permissions....

but the retail dvd installer does take care of the permissions... so ive never had any permission related problems after installing from the retail dvd installer... hence, the chosen method of installing as mentioned on the guide...

thanks for ur input... appreciate it...

djnitehawk
09-14-2009, 01:58 AM

'sh: clear: command not found'it is safe to ignore that... that is output by Fassl's dsdt patcher... its trying to clear the screen but it cant find the clear command on the install dvd... i cant fix that... but it doesnt do any harm... if you look more closely there will be one more error by the dsdt patcher that says something like "TAR command missing" and that is also not a problem...

chameleon never really appears any more. I no longer have the option of booting into my windows driveaha... that is cos i've reduced the time that chameleon waits for your input from 5 secs to 1 sec... you can get chameleon to display a list of drives in either two ways...

1. edit the "/extra/com.apple.boot.plist" and increase the timeout value from 1 to whatever you want...

2. simply keep pressing the left and right arrow keys one after the other while ur machine boots, and chameleon will be interrupted and the list of drives will be displayed...

and my screen just floods w\ text before it automatically goes into SL.again edit the boot plist file and remove the "-v" part from there to get rid of the verbose mode boot... you will have the grey apple screen with the spinning wheely thing...

ive included the -v cos that actually fixed my computer not waking up from sleep... but ur comp might not need that...

My graphics card still isn't being recognizedtry using an EFI string from OSX86Tools... and get rid of the "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" part from the boot plist...

My sound also isn't working.as noted on the main post, sound, network, etc drivers dont work from /extra/extensions...

u gotta install them to /system/library/extensions...

remove them from /E/E

download kext utility... drag and drop voodoohda onto kext utility to install them to /S/L/E...

or move them manually and issue the permission repair commands as noted on the main post...

djnitehawk
09-14-2009, 02:06 AM

weird... i dont get that...

so this is what this problem looks like... ive only heard of it...

u gotta install a kext called "ahciblockstorageinjector.kext" to your /extra/extensions...

if that doesnt fix it, ask for help in the forum cos i dont know any other fix for it...

btw glad to hear ur up and running!!!

drossxyu
09-14-2009, 04:55 AM
osx86 tools seems to have done the trick for my video card. My resolution automatically switched to 1920x1080 and it now shows up as it should in the system profiler. I remember reading about something called Quartz Extreme / Core Image being something that needs to be enabled. How do I know if this is working properly?

I'm still having trouble getting my audio to work. I installed the legacy883.kext ( it's supposed to work w\ my board ) using kext utility and there still isn't an audio device showing up in the sound preferences.

Someone in this (http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide-retail-snow-leopard-dvd-install-for-g31m-t3672/page12.html#post34789) thread said, "was able to just use the new legacy883.kext in extra/extensions. Although first time did not take. However when cloned to new drive started working. So must have to rebuild mkext or something like that. Try OSX86 Tools and rebuild and Chameleon 2 RC3"

Do you know how I would go about doing such a rebuild? I don't see an option in osx86tools that says it would do this specifically.

Someone also mentions that all they did was "reboot twice both times with -v -f -F. "

Do you know what these extra 'f' and 'F' flags mean?

Is voodoohda.kext some kind of universal sound driver that works with all boards?

I also need a ethernet solution as I have a rev. 2 board. The tp-link tg-3269 was recommended in this (http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide-retail-snow-leopard-dvd-install-for-g31m-t3672/page9.html) thread, but it doesn't seem to be available in any of the US based sites/stores. Is there an alternative NIC that works just as well? I've also though about buying one of these apple usb ethernet adapters (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB442Z/A) as the inside of my case is pretty tightly packed.

Sorry if these questions are beyond the scope of your thread but you seem to really know what you're doing. Thanks DJ.

djnitehawk
09-14-2009, 07:31 AM
Quartz Extreme / Core Image being something that needs to be enabled. How do I know if this is working properly?

if you have no choppiness or video lag when playing videos it probably means its enabled... the thing is they say that the system profiler doesnt show the info about CI/QE anymore... ive read that if its not enabled, launching the dvd player app will give u an error... so launch that and see if it errors... if not, ur fine...

I'm still having trouble getting my audio to work. I installed the legacy883.kext ( it's supposed to work w\ my board ) using kext utility and there still isn't an audio device showing up in the sound preferences.

i personally havent used legacy883.kext so i cant vouch for that...

Is voodoohda.kext some kind of universal sound driver that works with all boards?

i think that's what their goal is... and ive read that voodoohda works with ALC833... so try the following:

1. get rid of all other sound kexts that u have added, from both /E/E and /S/L/E

2. download the latest voodoohda (http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,234.0.html) and extract it...

3. copy voodoohda.kext to /S/L/E and run the following commands in terminal to fix repair permissions and rebuid mkext caches...

4. install the voodoohda pref pane by double-clicking on it...

5. reboot and pray to the hackintosh gods :-)

if that didnt work for you, u might have to do some custom DSDT hacking and use some other patched kexts... remember reading about it but cant remember from where... google is ur friend :-)

I also need a ethernet solution as I have a rev. 2 board. The tp-link tg-3269 was recommended in this (http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide-retail-snow-leopard-dvd-install-for-g31m-t3672/page9.html) thread, but it doesn't seem to be available in any of the US based sites/stores. Is there an alternative NIC that works just as well? I've also though about buying one of these apple usb ethernet adapters (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB442Z/A) as the inside of my case is pretty tightly packed.

after some brief searching it looks like a kext for the rev2 board ethernet doesnt exist... (i may be wrong thoug)... keep searchin...

the apple usb adapter thing looks like a good cheap option considering ur space problems...

Sorry if these questions are beyond the scope of your thread but you seem to really know what you're doing. Thanks DJ.

no worries brotha... and ur welcome...

flip360
09-14-2009, 11:19 AM
hello there, the script is running just fine THANK YOU MAN and keep up the good work. i have one question though: can i install on MBR? thanks

cheers

djnitehawk
09-14-2009, 11:23 AM
welcome...

honestly man i dont know if it can be installed on mbr partitions, cos i havent tried it myself... u could experiment and let us all know maybe?

im not at home right now to check it...

flip360
09-14-2009, 01:53 PM
i have replaced the OSInstall.mpkg on my USB snow install, but i cannot install on MBR disk yet :(
i will install it on GUID anyway but it would be nice if the script could make MBR install available for people with one HDD and two partitions (windows is one of them) :)

Cheers

realpogo
09-14-2009, 03:44 PM
Hi,

any suggestions to "Systemuptime in Nanoseconds=206663406631" system hanging while booting - just before there was a kernelpanic with HPETs not found?

thx

flip360
09-14-2009, 04:12 PM
appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext, maybe causing troubles?

djnitehawk
09-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Hi,

any suggestions to "Systemuptime in Nanoseconds=206663406631" system hanging while booting - just before there was a kernelpanic with HPETs not found?

thx

if there was an error "hpet not found" have u tried enabling hpet in bios?

if hpet not found in bios, try following:

boot with "ForceHPET=Yes"

if still no luck, add nullcpupowermanagement...

if still no luck, try looking at a guide specific to your motherboard...

use the forum search...

realpogo
09-15-2009, 05:51 PM
1. if there was an error "hpet not found" have u tried enabling hpet in bios?

2. if hpet not found in bios, try following:

boot with "ForceHPET=Yes"

3. if still no luck, add nullcpupowermanagement...

4. if still no luck, try looking at a guide specific to your motherboard...

5. use the forum search...

1. there is no option for
2. same thing then
3. could not find this kext - I assume it is one - by search in forum
4. the Fujitsu-Siemens Esprimo 5535 could not be found even
5. so with this I´ve had bad luck too - maybe I´m to silly to search this forum ...
sorry for misusin your time ;) but thx for your reply

djnitehawk
09-15-2009, 06:03 PM
1. there is no option for
2. same thing then
3. could not find this kext - I assume it is one - by search in forum
4. the Fujitsu-Siemens Esprimo 5535 could not be found even
5. so with this I´ve had bad luck too - maybe I´m to silly to search this forum ...
sorry for misusin your time ;) but thx for your reply

here is nullcpupm... download and place in /extra/extensions

click here (http://cid-8b65993ef55cf014.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/OSx86/Snow%20Leopard/niezbedne%20pliki%20%5E5necessary%20files%20for%20 install%20Snow%20on%20PC%5E6/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext%5E_for%5E_snow%5E_64.t ar) and then click download

Rampage
09-16-2009, 02:51 PM
success, set to AHCI and HPET eliminate all the probs for my mobo..
Installed and everything works now.. even sound.. thanks again djnitehawk
(Y)(Y)

off topic..
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1092/screenshot20090914at121.png

Hello..
i have the same motherboard as you, and i'm damnly stuck with the installation, i need your help :)

can you please tell me how did you managed to make even the installer to boot?

EDIT: i just need to know wich bios version you have (native or hacked and version number)
how did you set it up
and possibly your DSDT.aml file

couse i don't have a working installation of OSX to run the scripts provided in this thread.

djnitehawk
09-16-2009, 04:09 PM
couse i don't have a working installation of OSX to run the scripts provided in this thread.

u should download a 10.5 distro such as iatkos v7 > burn to dvd > install 10.5 then continue with this guide...

or try one of those boot132 cds and install via the retail dvd...

teamka42
09-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Hello..
i have the same motherboard as you, and i'm damnly stuck with the installation, i need your help :)

can you please tell me how did you managed to make even the installer to boot?

EDIT: i just need to know wich bios version you have (native or hacked and version number)
how did you set it up
and possibly your DSDT.aml file

i flash my bios to the hacked one.. You can find it here http://osrom.net/biosmod/
basicly after flashing the bios u can then install osx distros like iDeneb and iAtkos no problem at all..

for kexts i use VoodooHDA (sound), RealtekR1000 (LAN), IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector ,AHCIPortInjector & AppleVIAATA6111_6145 (for IDE). download them all from stella's blog (http://stellarola.tumblr.com/post/165429070/prepare-yourself). Enable HPET and AHCI in ur bios too..

here is my DSDT.aml
hope this will help.. Credit goes to djnitehawk for helping me with the issues i encounter with my mobo.. (Y)

djnitehawk
09-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Credit goes to djnitehawk for helping me with the issues i encounter.. (Y)

cheers buddy!!!

always glad 2 help...

flackend
09-16-2009, 04:30 PM
It's never cool to call someone buddy... :p

djnitehawk
09-16-2009, 04:35 PM
haha yeh i know...

dont know how that came out....

probably cos i've lived in aussie and nz...

its quite a common saying ovr thr :-)

Rampage
09-16-2009, 04:45 PM
i flash my bios to the hacked one.. You can find it here http://osrom.net/biosmod/
basicly after flashing the bios u can then install osx distros like iDeneb and iAtkos no problem at all..

for kexts i use VoodooHDA (sound), RealtekR1000 (LAN), IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector ,AHCIPortInjector & AppleVIAATA6111_6145 (for IDE). download them all from stella's blog (http://stellarola.tumblr.com/post/165429070/prepare-yourself). Enable HPET and AHCI in ur bios too..

here is my DSDT.aml
hope this will help.. Credit goes to djnitehawk for helping me with the issues i encounter with my mobo.. (Y)

not a chance of installing without installing an unofficial bios?

teamka42
09-16-2009, 04:57 PM
not a chance of installing without installing an unofficial bios?

nope, u need to flash ur mobo's bios to boot, all u need is a USB thumbdrive, kabyl hacked bios, and this guide (http://forum.msi.com.tw/index.php?topic=119375.0) from MSI..

drossxyu
09-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Just wanted to report that the voodooHDA.kext worked perfectly for my sound and the apple usb ethernet adapter also worked ( despite it being specifically for the macbook air). I did have to go into the network tab to initialize it as for some reason as it wouldn't work right out of the box. I've been up and running for the past few days and have been enjoying plex from my couch. I've been using the iphone app 'Snatch' to control everything and it works fantastic, albeit a tad buggy/laggy. Certainly easier than figuring out how (http://forums.plexapp.com/lofiversion/index.php/t3373.html)to frankenstein a macbook pro IR receiver into the motherboard. Thanks Again!

Rampage
09-17-2009, 12:59 AM
nope, u need to flash ur mobo's bios to boot, all u need is a USB thumbdrive, kabyl hacked bios, and this guide (http://forum.msi.com.tw/index.php?topic=119375.0) from MSI..

yeh i know how to flash a bios, the problem is that ATM there's no modified bios forked from the latest release, wich is required for my hardware to work properly.

i also would like to know "what" is modded in that BIOS to accomplish the task of booting snow leopard, couse if the only thing it does is modifying the ACPI components, i think that this stuff can be accomplished by creating an ad-hoc DSDT.aml file to throw to chameleon.

EDIT: Big news :)
i managed to boot into the installer with an unmodded BIOS \o/

now i have some more work to do but when i'll have a working installation i'll probably post all the procedures and files used :)

Rampage
09-17-2009, 10:42 PM
Ok.
i managed to install OSX Snow Leopard on a MSI P35 platinum with the official BIOS, completely relaying on a DSDT.aml file.

it works perfectly except for audio and VGA detection, but i'm working on it :)

osxfr33k
09-23-2009, 07:38 AM
djnitehawk, I have used the ev0sxpatcher (DSDTSE). I like the interface and I also like the number of hacks that are in the menu.

The issue I have are: SOme are FULL BLOWN script hacks and I have no idea where they go into your main DSDT.dsl file. Secondly some of those hacks somehow get inserted by DSDTSE even if you don't choose any of the first three. The main ones, RTC, HPET and DTGP.

And sometimes they still need tweaking for your particular motherboard. How does one know basically where in the main DSDT.dsl script those hacks go?

My Mainboard is an ASUS maximus Formula Special Edition the same as the MF.

Dismounted has a guide for this motherboard and a DSDT for it which I had to re run since my memory and processor was different. That over at Insanelymac.

I am also confused on which is the best method to extract the DSDT? Linux Live CD Cat command in a terminal window? Windows XP using Kaolala patcher or just OSX with a few options, fassl, gui version of fassl, DSDTSE etc etc etc.

I have read at the chameleon site that in OSX that runs chameleon and running a DSDT already may not be a good idea to extract your DSDT from that? Not sure why or what the difference is from Windows XP extractor or Linux.

We need a really good guide on what is important to fix and where in the script and what not to do as I mentioned above.

Thanks

djnitehawk
09-23-2009, 08:11 AM
first of all... what actual issue's are you trying to fix with dsdt patching?

ive only needed the uhci/ehci usb buitin patch to get my sleep working...

people who do not have programming experience will not be able to easily use the dsdt hacks... they would be better off getting someone else to do it for them...

dsdtse does not apply any patches automatically... it is just a database of hacks and compiler/decompiler tools builtin so that people can do dsdt patching manually without the help of any other tools...

if ur mobo does not suffer from the cmos reset problem, simply generating a dsdt.aml with fassl's patcher would be sufficient to get ur snow leo up and running...

u only need to do dsdt manual patching if ur system suffer from issues such as: sleep/wake + cmos reset, etc...

if u attach a dsdt.aml from ur system and tell me which issues u have/ fixes u need... i could try to apply them manually and send u a fixed dsdt.aml (when i get some free time)...

doonkeykong
09-24-2009, 05:24 AM
Hi all,
I have kalyway 5.3 running flawlessly on this laptop. But I have run practically every guide out thiere including this one by djnitehawk and I still get a hanging issue or kernel panic cpu not recognised etc when trying to load S leopard. Interestingly, it does the same on my wife's maching which is a core 2 duo with nvdia 8800GT.

Is there something I am doing wrong? am I mounting the snow leopard .dmg file propperly in disk ut? I followed the instructions by djnithawk and no errors came up in the patching process or anything--its just that it goes into the chameleon loader for a bit and hangs on "system uptime in nanoseconds 12238312821" or whatever.....some help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Simon

djnitehawk
09-24-2009, 06:00 AM
Hi all,
I have kalyway 5.3 running flawlessly on this laptop. But I have run practically every guide out thiere including this one by djnitehawk and I still get a hanging issue or kernel panic cpu not recognised etc when trying to load S leopard. Interestingly, it does the same on my wife's maching which is a core 2 duo with nvdia 8800GT.

Is there something I am doing wrong? am I mounting the snow leopard .dmg file propperly in disk ut? I followed the instructions by djnithawk and no errors came up in the patching process or anything--its just that it goes into the chameleon loader for a bit and hangs on "system uptime in nanoseconds 12238312821" or whatever.....some help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Simon

please take a picture of the panic screen and post here... so we can understand what the problem is...

have u made sure ur disks are running sata-ahci and hpet is enabled in bios?

do u have any ide drives?

also download dpci manager (http://casualsight.com/index.php?option=com_jotloader&view=categories&cid=0_f19a56c51e87a39efeba57d8651cb67f&Itemid=11) and post a screenshot so we can understand what ur hardware config is...

we'll take it from there...

doonkeykong
09-24-2009, 08:26 AM
Hi mate,
Thanks for your speedy reply. Ok, it appears these lappies have a rather basic bios. Sata option 'on' or 'off' no ahci or hpet.

But I have attached the boot error pic and DPCI system info your requested. If you can get it working for me I am happy to contribute something to your cause.

As I mentioned. Kalyway 5.2 disk and update with vanilla kernel works wonderfully on this little lapptop. OSX performance kills vista u or Win 7 RC 32

Thanks in advance
-Simon

djnitehawk
09-24-2009, 10:00 AM
swt ill have a looksie now and reply soon...

btw im helpin ppl out with the hope of collectin some good karma... so if u can donate some good karma that should be all good...

and yeh i know... win7 cant even come close to our little hacky babies :-)

i c ur online... just hang in there a for a few more mins till i have a look at those pics...

djnitehawk
09-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Hi mate,
Thanks for your speedy reply. Ok, it appears these lappies have a rather basic bios. Sata option 'on' or 'off' no ahci or hpet.

But I have attached the boot error pic and DPCI system info your requested. If you can get it working for me I am happy to contribute something to your cause.

As I mentioned. Kalyway 5.2 disk and update with vanilla kernel works wonderfully on this little lapptop. OSX performance kills vista u or Win 7 RC 32

Thanks in advance
-Simon

quick question... is the processor on ur lappy "pentium dual core" or "core duo" or "core2 duo"?

and whats the model of ur lappy's graphics device? intel xxx?

try this and let me know what happens:

download & extract this kext (http://cid-8b65993ef55cf014.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/OSx86/Snow%20Leopard/niezbedne%20pliki%20%5E5necessary%20files%20for%20 install%20Snow%20on%20PC%5E6/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext%5E_for%5E_snow%5E_64.t ar) and place in "/extra/extensions" of ur installer disk... ur still tryin to boot into the installer right? or are u tryin to boot into the installed snow on ur internal/target disk?

lemme know...

daze
09-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Thank you for this great guide.

My System: ASUS P5W DH DELUXE, Intel Quad-CPU @2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 50GB SATA HD, Nvidia 8800 GTS (640MB)

Snow Leopard boots just fine in 64-bit and everything, except for the sound is working. But I don't bother for the missing internal audio, because I have a secondary external one.

My problem: transfer-rate on the USB-bus is extremely slow, e.g. syncing my iPhone with iTunes is nearly impossible. It takes ages. I have a separate working Leopard (10.5.8) installation and copying files via USB is very fast there.

Any suggestions where to tweak? Any help appreciated.

djnitehawk
09-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Thank you for this great guide.

My System: ASUS P5W DH DELUXE, Intel Quad-CPU @2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 50GB SATA HD, Nvidia 8800 GTS (640MB)

Snow Leopard boots just fine in 64-bit and everything, except for the sound is working. But I don't bother for the missing internal audio, because I have a secondary external one.

My problem: transfer-rate on the USB-bus is extremely slow, e.g. syncing my iPhone with iTunes is nearly impossible. It takes ages. I have a separate working Leopard (10.5.8) installation and copying files via USB is very fast there.

Any suggestions where to tweak? Any help appreciated.

try setting ur bios like this: http://p5w-dh-deluxe-osx86.wikidot.com/bios-settings

if that doesnt solve it, can u try booting in 32bit mode with the "arch=i386" boot flag and see if that makes any difference...

does system profiler show ur usb2.0 ports as EHCI? or are all ur usb ports shown as UHCI?

djnitehawk
09-24-2009, 10:46 AM
@daze

if the above doesnt work for ya try replacing /S/L/E/iopcifamily.kext with this one

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=449

doonkeykong
09-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Hey djnitehawk, I can feel the karma flowing through your coding into cyberspace already! If you can get me into this new OS I'll be in Nirvana....Snow style :-) Nah! just kidding

Anyway, here is the processor:

Intel® Celeron® Processor 560
• 2.13 GHz, Level 2 cache 1 MB.. sounds slow but it kicks ass with 5.3 Leopard! And
GFX = Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

Here are the full specs:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF06a/321957-321957-3329742-89318-89318-3466274.html

Yes! I am booting into the "Snow" install (this is what I call it) on the external usb boot drive I created with your instructions on page 1 of this guide.

I did have a query however: In the 'terminal' instruction command of your file "snow-installer" you say: (1 partition the target disk..do you mean like is suggested here: http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2009/09/how-to-build-a-hackintosh-with-snow-leopard-start-to-finish/

I ask because some say restore new partitioned disk as destination and the OSX snow dvd as source and others say to both this and install snow over it.

(2 go through this installer...I get that bit ;-)
(3 Install snow retail dvd or osinstall.mpkg) ......mate Im not sure about this bit.....are you wanting me to install snow over the drive after i have run the terminal patching? Its just that your guide on page 1 does not say this?

I think thats all I intended asking. I'll try your kext file. You'll hear from me soon. And again, great job your are doing buddy. :-)

doonkeykong
09-24-2009, 01:20 PM
What the hell was with that black txt. Sorry man :(

doonkeykong
09-24-2009, 01:37 PM
Is ti the NullCPUPowermanagement.kext? Dude I cant download the file...it keeps wanting to save it as html?
Cheers

doonkeykong
09-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Something wacky is going on with the site/download. When I dload and open the file, nothing is in it. Can you please attache and mail it to me: "[email protected]

Thanks
Man

daze
09-24-2009, 05:05 PM
@daze

if the above doesnt work for ya try replacing /S/L/E/iopcifamily.kext with this one

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=449
Thank you for the quick reply.

This one actually restored the USB-speed, BUT strangely enough it killed my firewire; no devices found and also the System-Profiler sees no more firewire connections!

In Leopard (10.5.8) FireWire is still there and working.

djnitehawk
09-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Hey djnitehawk, I can feel the karma flowing through your coding into cyberspace already! If you can get me into this new OS I'll be in Nirvana....Snow style :-) Nah! just kidding

Anyway, here is the processor:

Intel® Celeron® Processor 560
• 2.13 GHz, Level 2 cache 1 MB.. sounds slow but it kicks ass with 5.3 Leopard! And
GFX = Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

Here are the full specs:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF06a/321957-321957-3329742-89318-89318-3466274.html

Yes! I am booting into the "Snow" install (this is what I call it) on the external usb boot drive I created with your instructions on page 1 of this guide.

I did have a query however: In the 'terminal' instruction command of your file "snow-installer" you say: (1 partition the target disk..do you mean like is suggested here: http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2009/09/how-to-build-a-hackintosh-with-snow-leopard-start-to-finish/

I ask because some say restore new partitioned disk as destination and the OSX snow dvd as source and others say to both this and install snow over it.

(2 go through this installer...I get that bit ;-)
(3 Install snow retail dvd or osinstall.mpkg) ......mate Im not sure about this bit.....are you wanting me to install snow over the drive after i have run the terminal patching? Its just that your guide on page 1 does not say this?

I think thats all I intended asking. I'll try your kext file. You'll hear from me soon. And again, great job your are doing buddy. :-)

im attaching the nullcpupowermgmt kext to this post... let me know if u have trouble downloading that as well...

fingers crossed... im hoping adding that kext will solve the "unsupported cpu" error... i havent seen anybody else running snow leo on celeron processors yet... maybe u could be the first :-)

if it still says that after adding the kext to ur usb drive's /extra/extensions, try booting with the following boot flag: (interrupt chameleon at boot by pressing any key and simply type in the following and hit enter)

cpus=1

and dont worry too much about the instructions on the actual script... what u should do next is:

boot into the snow installer (after resolving the current unsupported cpu problem)...

launch disk utility from within the installer...

format ur target SL partition (internal drive)... i suggest u create another test partition for SL rather than overwriting ur existing leo installation... maybe u should do that first from within leo cos that way u could resize ur leo partition and create a new SL partition with around 10gb for testing... im not too sure if the installer's disk utility will let u resize partitions... so do it from leo and prepare ur target SL partition before u fire up the usb installer... hope that makes it clear...

then from the installer's terminal, type: "/snow-installer/installnow" and make the SL target partition bootable... just like u made the installer bootable by running the script from ur leo desktop...

then just go ahead with the installer....

oh and if nullcpupm kext is what solves ur "unsupported cpu" problem, u should add it to your usb drive's "/snow-installer/filez/extra/extensions" as well so that it'll get installed to ur SL partition and let u boot into ur installed SL... or u will see the "unsupp. cpu" problem again after restarting and booting into ur newly installed SL...

let me know how u go... take notes/pics of any error msgs u see and remember what u did when u did it... :-)

good luck!!!

PS: u know what... u could do all ur SL testing on ur external usb drive itself if there's more free space left on it... how big is ur usb? the installer partition should be around 6-7gigs... does it have another 5-6gigs left for a test SL partition? this way u wont mess up ur internal LEO installation... this is how i tested SL when it came out, without touching my old 10.5 leo... if u end up going this way, remember to run my script for each partition... ie: once for the installer, once for the installed SL... even if its on the same disk...

djnitehawk
09-24-2009, 06:16 PM
Thank you for the quick reply.

This one actually restored the USB-speed, BUT strangely enough it killed my firewire; no devices found and also the System-Profiler sees no more firewire connections!

In Leopard (10.5.8) FireWire is still there and working.

you'll have to ask the ppl who made that patched iopcifamily about ur firewire issue...

here's the thread with that kext:
http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=552&pid=2520&st=0&#entry2520

framesx2x
09-25-2009, 02:47 AM
hi djnitehawk

I try so many ways to install snow leopard, I do have it work right now, but with chameleon 1.0.1.2
32bit, when I want to use 64bit mode I hive to reboot and type in at boot, [ boot: -x64 ]
Yah, I no, it can be put in the [ com.apple.boot.com] , but it doesn't work me. but anyway

I have to say that you are the first person that got it right!!, on forum very nice work there dude.
4 starts for you..

So I download your file and started a new install, boy I I have to say that the installation when Nice
No problems at all..

So let say how I install it,

1} Restore DMG on a 40GB disk2, name: Mac OS X DVD Install.

2} Download the file: Snow_Installer_V1.1.zip

3} Unzip to my OSX 10.5.8 Desktop.

4} Ran the Installer and follow the prompts , install to " MySnowLeo " Drive.

Now the next step I did different.
I open my " Mac OSX Install DVD " and I can see what your script did.

5} So I ran the install from installation package. And when the install was Done, I didn't reboot.
I ran the install script again. And add kext's that I needed.

6} Open a Terminal and did the following:

* sudo chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions
* sudo chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions
* sudo diskutil repairpermissions /volumes/NAMEOFSNOWVOLUME
* sudo touch /system/library/extensions

7} Reboot the system, it did rest.

Snow Leopard 10.6 Install and running in 64-bit mode.
sound = working
USB = working
Network = working
--------------------------------- Snow Leopard 10.6 Retail w/ update to 10.6.1, Install Script By dyitehawk --------------------------------------------------
Mother = > Asus Ranpage Extreme X48
Processor = > Q9450
Memory => DDR3 1600Mhz @ 7,7,7,24 T1
Graphic => BFG-8800GTS 640 HO2/ SS2
BIOS => #1202
HD =x3 => Seagate Barracada SATA-300/16
DVD = > Samsung 205RT/ DVD/RW DL SATA2
System is overclock 3.2Ghz @ 1600Mhz/ Stage3 Full waterblock's Cooling System.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8} what I need now is to the following, " command-Line "

When I open Pacifist I get this error:

Sorry, One or More of the following command-Line tools was not found.
/usr/bin/lsbom,/bin/pax,/bin/Mkdir,/bin/chmod or /usr/bin/update_Prebinding.

So how can I fix this

Thank you. Good Job on that Script.

djnitehawk
09-25-2009, 03:52 AM
when I want to use 64bit mode I hive to reboot and type in at boot, [ boot: -x64 ] Yah, I no, it can be put in the [ com.apple.boot.com] , but it doesn't

When I open Pacifist I get this error:
Sorry, One or More of the following command-Line tools was not found.
/usr/bin/lsbom,/bin/pax,/bin/Mkdir,/bin/chmod or /usr/bin/update_Prebinding.

So how can I fix this

Thank you. Good Job on that Script.

u r welcome... and im glad to hear u have ur snow up and running...

and for setting 64bit in boot plist... have u tried "arch=x86_64"?

not too sure about pacifist... maybe u need upgrade to the latest pacifist which supports snow leo? havent used pacifist in a while so i dont know...

and good job on finding another way to use the script...

doonkeykong
09-25-2009, 04:51 AM
Hi djnitehawk. Thanks for all this info. I will have a look at it this morning and get back to you with my results
-Simon

framesx2x
09-25-2009, 05:03 AM
u r welcome... and im glad to hear u have ur snow up and running...

and for setting 64bit in boot plist... have u tried "arch=x86_64"?

not too sure about pacifist... maybe u need upgrade to the latest pacifist which supports snow leo? havent used pacifist in a while so i dont know...

and good job on finding another way to use the script...

without me adding thing, it boot in 64-bit mode on it own.

if run a game thats 32-bit, would it switch over to 32-bit mode or do i hive reboot in 32-bit mode.

thanks

djnitehawk
09-25-2009, 05:29 AM
without me adding thing, it boot in 64-bit mode on it own.

if run a game thats 32-bit, would it switch over to 32-bit mode or do i hive reboot in 32-bit mode.

thanks

from what i've read... the 64bit kernel can run 32bit apps without restarting machine...

and the 32bit kernel can run 64bit apps without restarting...

if u boot in 32bit and look at the "activity monitor" you will see that all the core apps/processes are infact running in 64bit and if u launch "system profiler" > extensions... u will see that most core drives are running in 64bit mode...

doonkeykong
09-25-2009, 06:06 AM
I forgot to comment. The external usb drive I am using is one of these:

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=561

And so fare I have had some SUCESS!! now I get past all the text in chameleon boot but it hangs at the white screen before an apple icon comes up. So YES! Your scrip has made progress.

1 Question: I have the Snow Leopard dmg file on my desktop. Do I only drag it to source and the formatted Snow (thats what I call it) disk (External drive on destop) to destination and then restore. Do I still have to install Snow Leopard dmg over that once its been restored.....thats what I'm not clear on (sorry if you have explained it)
Thanks

djnitehawk
09-25-2009, 06:27 AM
I forgot to comment. The external usb drive I am using is one of these:

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=561

And so fare I have had some SUCESS!! now I get past all the text in chameleon boot but it hangs at the white screen before an apple icon comes up. So YES! Your scrip has made progress.

1 Question: I have the Snow Leopard dmg file on my desktop. Do I only drag it to source and the formatted Snow (thats what I call it) disk (External drive on destop) to destination and then restore. Do I still have to install Snow Leopard dmg over that once its been restored.....thats what I'm not clear on (sorry if you have explained it)
Thanks

progress indeed...

now it seems like a graphics detection problem...

download & extract the attached natit.kext.zip and place the natit.kext file in ur usb drive's "/Extra/Extensions" and "/snow-installer/filez/extensions"

i forgot to say this earlier... u should copy that nullcpupm kex to ur usb drive's "/snow-installer/filez/extra/extensions" as well so that it will get installed to ur ultimate SL target in the future...

then reboot into the usb and see if that gives u graphics...

and no there's no installing to the restored partition... only restoring the snow dvd is required... only installing is done to the ultimate target... i think u have done it right so far...

lemme know how u get on with the natit.kext...

PS: forgot to say... u need to edit both "/extra/com.apple.boot.plist" and "/snow-installer/filez/extra/com.apple.boot.plist" and change where it says "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" to "GraphicsEnabler=No" before rebooting into the installer after adding natit...

framesx2x
09-25-2009, 06:31 AM
from what i've read... the 64bit kernel can run 32bit apps without restarting machine...

and the 32bit kernel can run 64bit apps without restarting...

if u boot in 32bit and look at the "activity monitor" you will see that all the core apps/processes are infact running in 64bit and if u launch "system profiler" > extensions... u will see that most core drives are running in 64bit mode...

thanks

i tested with call of duty 2 and BF2142 running like angel...

thanks

snow running to fast, cool

doonkeykong
09-25-2009, 08:28 AM
Thanks man! I followed your instruction including the "cpus=1" command and the new Natit.kexts but I'm still getting the blank white screen. Here are some pics of what console is saying before the white screen comes up.
Cheers

djnitehawk
09-25-2009, 08:46 AM
Thanks man! I followed your instruction including the "cpus=1" command and the new Natit.kexts but I'm still getting the blank white screen. Here are some pics of what console is saying before the white screen comes up.
Cheers

ok do this now:

1. boot into leo10.5
2. delete the following 2 files on ur USB /system/library/extensions

appleintelgmax3100.kext
appleintelgmax3100fb.kext

3. boot back into ur USB with the following boot flags:

cpus=1 -v -f arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=No

tell me what happens then...

notes: make sure natit.kext is in USB /extra/extensions

if the above doesnt work... try removing natit.kext and booting into ur USB...

doonkeykong
09-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Brilliant! Just Brilliant I say!!! Now boots into Snow Installer quick as a flash too!! So do I still need to follow any Terminal commands before I begin install (as you said in the instructions beginning of post) And what about other stuff?

Thanks a million. I have been hacking at this for almost a week now!!!! And I'm in :)
Talk soon :)

djnitehawk
09-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Brilliant! Just Brilliant I say!!! Now boots into Snow Installer quick as a flash too!! So do I still need to follow any Terminal commands before I begin install (as you said in the instructions beginning of post) And what about other stuff?

Thanks a million. I have been hacking at this for almost a week now!!!! And I'm in :)
Talk soon :)

niiiiiice!!!! was a long shot but glad it worked...

k do this now...

make sure that natit and nullcpupm kexts are in ur USB drive's "/snow-installer/filez/extra/extensions"

boot into the snow installer on ur USB with the help of those boot flags if need be.

click continue...

if u havent prepared a target partition for SL from leo, open up the disk utility now from the menu > utilities > disk utility and make a new partition for SL...

if ur current leo parition is taking up the whole disk, u will have to resize it and create a new one for SL from leo as ive mentioned in the previous reply...

on the other hand u can create a test SL partition on ur USB drive the same way without actually touching the internal drive until everything with SL is upto ur satisfaction...

the next step is to launch the terminal from the menu > utilities > terminal and run my script so that ur ultimate SL target partition becomes bootable... (just like u did for the USB installer partition)

in terminal type: "/snow-installer/installnow"

run through the script and select ur ultimate SL target now...

then quit the terminal...

then continue with the SL installation... and install it to the ultimate SL target...

once the installer finishes... it will show u a restart button and a countdown timer... hit restart... if ur target SL isnt on ur USB drive, unplug ur USB drive at this point... or it will boot back into the installer... if ur target SL is on ur USB, leave it... it will boot into the newly installed SL partition...

if the first SL boot gives u errors, use those same boot flags...

cpus=1 -v -f arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=No

now at this point if u are facing the grey screen again, u have to go back into ur leo and delete those two gma3100 kexts from ur target SL partitions "/system/library/extensions"

once u r inside ur newly installed SL, we'll take it from there...

good luck!!!

doonkeykong
09-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Ok thanks again! All installed, usb drive unplugged rebooted and had no dramas but I don't believe I have sound or correct batter/power modulation. The fan keeps sparking and things are getting hot. I installed the voodoo batter.dmg (which fixed this issue with Leo 10.5 and also gave me battery meter and icons). I will give these a go and see what happens.

I have not browsed too much but so far sound appears missing....all else is great.

So what do we need now?

doonkeykong
09-25-2009, 10:37 PM
....Looks like our new Snow install didn't like the Voodoo.battery.dmg proggie. I used it on my previous install to fix the fan and heat issues. But when I installed it onto the new OS it brought up an error with its string name in boot before it hung on me. Oh, well, I will try the Snow inst again.

doonkeykong
09-26-2009, 02:32 AM
Oh, another thing mate....I dragged the kexts files voodoo.kext and powermanagement.kext over the Kext Helper v7. Now I have the battery meter but fan is still spiking and things are getting hot. Also the GFX card has defaulted to 1024/768 resolution rather than 1280x800 and only 1024 rez option in display menu. Is there any way to system restore or delete the kext files I just put in or is there a command at startup to set resolutions?
Thanks

djnitehawk
09-26-2009, 05:03 AM
Oh, another thing mate....I dragged the kexts files voodoo.kext and powermanagement.kext over the Kext Helper v7. Now I have the battery meter but fan is still spiking and things are getting hot. Also the GFX card has defaulted to 1024/768 resolution rather than 1280x800 and only 1024 rez option in display menu. Is there any way to system restore or delete the kext files I just put in or is there a command at startup to set resolutions?
Thanks

u should start fresh now and try the attached files...

there's two different battery solutions... try em one by one... not both at the same time...

then for graphics, grab these x3100 files (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kjwm1nnj3nj)...

extract them to ur desktop or somewhere...

while in SL, first go to the folder /system/library/extensions and delete the original files there that has the same names as the ones from the x3100 package u've downloaded...

once the originals are gone... copy-n-paste the downloaded ones to /s/l/e

then open up terminal and run these commands:

then wait for 5mins... and reboot...

u should now have working graphics...

doonkeykong
09-26-2009, 11:22 AM
ok dude...Gr8! But 1 question before I start. I see that "battery 1" has an installer file while "battery 2" includes only the kext. How can I restore from a bad install of this file (to battery 2 if need be) if lappie doesnt like it? I can't see "uninstall" on mac's (like in control panel in windows). hanks a million. I will give it a go tonight.
-Simon

djnitehawk
09-26-2009, 12:37 PM
ok dude...Gr8! But 1 question before I start. I see that "battery 1" has an installer file while "battery 2" includes only the kext. How can I restore from a bad install of this file (to battery 2 if need be) if lappie doesnt like it? I can't see "uninstall" on mac's (like in control panel in windows). hanks a million. I will give it a go tonight.
-Simon

just delete /system/library/extensions/voodoobattery.kext

thats what it installs...

doonkeykong
09-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Ok mate, I kind of guess that that would be your answer ;-) I'll try it out real soon.
Thanks

doonkeykong
09-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Hey man, I downloaded and installed (per your instructions) the x300 files and i get an error on this line "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /volumes/Leopard" saying it could not umount the drive or find the UUID? It then seems to complete the install. All the other lines seem to do what they were intended to do. I have installed and reinstalled about 5 times now.

After I rebooted from applying your commands, the screen went from white to blue and just hung there. Quit puzzling......
_Simon

djnitehawk
09-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Hey man, I downloaded and installed (per your instructions) the x300 files and i get an error on this line "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /volumes/Leopard" saying it could not umount the drive or find the UUID? It then seems to complete the install. All the other lines seem to do what they were intended to do. I have installed and reinstalled about 5 times now.

After I rebooted from applying your commands, the screen went from white to blue and just hung there. Quit puzzling......
_Simon

ok scrap the 3100 files i gave ya... looks like they dont work with snow...

do a fresh install and see if those battery and sound kexts work...

ill go try to find a working driver for x3100... havent seen anybody yet who's been able to get their laptop x3100 working :-(

in the meantime, try the following as well...

do a fresh install...
browse to /s/l/e and this time, only delete the file called appleintelintegratedframebuffer.kext
then reboot with those same boot flags... which includes "-f"

if that doesnt give u working graphics... delete appleintelgmax3100fb.kext
reboot like before...

if that doesnt work either... we gotta find a working x3100 graphics kext...

also... the next time ur in snow (fresh/no mods), grab a screenshot of what it says under system profiler > graphics/display

doonkeykong
09-27-2009, 01:02 AM
Well, the gfx seem to work, but it doesnt like rebooting into the gfx card after install. Every time I fire up the usb with Snow image and your funky file set, it reaches the install screen every time. Its odd that it does this after installing snow.

Ok man, will try what you suggested. If worse comes to worse. I can still run kalyway 5.3 and wait for the next iATKOS, then again if its an issues with x3100 drivers and snow, that may not work either.

Thanks dude

djnitehawk
09-27-2009, 02:45 AM
Well, the gfx seem to work, but it doesnt like rebooting into the gfx card after install. Every time I fire up the usb with Snow image and your funky file set, it reaches the install screen every time. Its odd that it does this after installing snow.

Ok man, will try what you suggested. If worse comes to worse. I can still run kalyway 5.3 and wait for the next iATKOS, then again if its an issues with x3100 drivers and snow, that may not work either.

Thanks dude

but the installer doesnt load in full resolution right?

btw i read that even though the internal lcd doesnt work with the stock x3100 kexts, plugging in an external monitor gives full graphics...

try booting into the installed snow while an external display is plugged in, if u got one...

if an external display works with full resolution, we should try to hack the stock kexts to switch the devices around...

if the external display works, make sure u take a screenshot of system profiler > graphics/displays...

doonkeykong
09-27-2009, 06:20 AM
Ok man sounds great! Well, actually your hackie which I used to boot with does give full rez at 1280x800 but it defaulted me back to 800x600 or something on reboot after I installed the voodoo_dmg file (not one of yours).

I have just tried the external display (an Asus 22 inch from my other pc). All visible again till the load screen and same white image. I will now try to take a screenie of whats going on for you. Cheers

djnitehawk
09-27-2009, 09:20 AM
Ok man sounds great! Well, actually your hackie which I used to boot with does give full rez at 1280x800 but it defaulted me back to 800x600 or something on reboot after I installed the voodoo_dmg file (not one of yours).

I have just tried the external display (an Asus 22 inch from my other pc). All visible again till the load screen and same white image. I will now try to take a screenie of whats going on for you. Cheers

so dont install the voodoo_dmg :-)

doonkeykong
09-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Righty then....here are the pics you requested. The first one is from sys profile, the second is some extra information that may be helpful from display profile. And...rather off topic, the third pic is what it tells me on reboot after I installed the new iATKOS V7 (which is an iso I mounted and ran from cd). If you'd rather me talk to the approriate people about iATKOS just send me that way.

I just thought I'd ask you as it is an error others are getting....and of course you seem to know more than everything about these proggies..............

You have been a great help so far thanks :-)
-Simon

doonkeykong
09-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Oh, I'd better upload the pics hey :-)

Have a 1

djnitehawk
09-27-2009, 04:15 PM
The first one is from sys profile

If you'd rather me talk to the approriate people about iATKOS just send me that way.

was that first pic taken from within leo10.5 or snow10.6?

cos if it was taken from snow10.6, everything seems to be in order...

anyways... im all outta options at this point... i think we might have to wait for someone to cook-up a working set of x3100 kexts...

and im not too sure about the iatkos error... best u take it up with those guys :-)

peter falon
09-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Hello, I am new to this hackintosh business but I have successfully installed Ideneb 1.5.1
I have followed your step and created a bootable USB flash disk for snow leopard installation but the boot stops at

Warning- com.apple.driver.internal moderm supports declares no kernal dependencies: using com.apple.Kernel.6.0 ACPI_SMC_Platformplugin::stand wait for service(resourceMatching)
(AppleIntelCpuPowerManagment) timeout

Pls any help with that.
Thanks

doonkeykong
09-28-2009, 12:20 AM
Hi dude, yes the pics were taken from within Snow 10.6. Nah its all good. Thanks a million for all your help. I can run Leo 5.3 without dramas so I'll keep doing that until something like Kalyway or iatkos comes along.

Many thanks :-)

osxfr33k
09-28-2009, 05:22 AM
djnitehawk I have attached my working dsdt.dsl, my ioreg and a PCI hack.dsl. Could you help me figure out where i need to place this into my working dsdt.dsl and exactly what changes I need to do to the PCI hack itself? I got the hack from DSDTSE the ev0sx86 patcher latest version 1.24.

I am a bit confused by what they mean at the end of the hack to add that in the beginning? Also trying to figure out what is the ID of the PCI bridge or whatever ID I need to substitute for the one they have in the example.

All 3 files inside the attached zip.

Appreciate the effort. This hack is suppose to put the Wireless card information into the PCI section of the Mac Profiler. I am not sure however if it adds any more functionality that I have now for my Wireless? I just edited the plist and added 4329 to it and my linksys wireless works fine. Just curious about the hack.

Still working on it myself with some trial and error so would appreciate some quick start help on it.

Thanks Again!!

djnitehawk
09-28-2009, 05:34 AM
djnitehawk I have attached my working dsdt.dsl, my ioreg and a PCI hack.dsl. Could you help me figure out where i need to place this into my working dsdt.dsl and exactly what changes I need to do to the PCI hack itself? I got the hack from DSDTSE the ev0sx86 patcher latest version 1.24.

I am a bit confused by what they mean at the end of the hack to add that in the beginning? Also trying to figure out what is the ID of the PCI bridge or whatever ID I need to substitute for the one they have in the example.

All 3 files inside the attached zip.

Appreciate the effort. This hack is suppose to put the Wireless card information into the PCI section of the Mac Profiler. I am not sure however if it adds any more functionality that I have now for my Wireless? I just edited the plist and added 4329 to it and my linksys wireless works fine. Just curious about the hack.

Still working on it myself with some trial and error so would appreciate some quick start help on it.

Thanks Again!!

get the latest PC EFI 10.3 (http://netkas.org/?p=224) boot file from netkas and replce the "boot" file on ur SL root... that has the pci fix already built in... so no need to edit dsdt for that...

besides, if ur wireless is working after adding the device id, the system profiler not showing it under PCI is purely cosmetics... so dont bother...

djnitehawk
09-28-2009, 05:36 AM
ANNOUNCEMENT:

im sorry to say that i no longer have the time necessary to help everyone individually through their problems...

i think we've already solved (more than once) most of the common problems that people encounter when using this script...

from now on i am only going to answer questions that i already know the answer to, as i just dont have the time to go hunt around for information...

a word of advise for newbies:

dont even think about installing snow leo on laptops, if this is ur first time doing a vanilla install... it will be a slow and painful death... but hey dont let that deter u from tryin :-)

for desktops, make sure you have hardware from the past 1-2 years... for ex: intel core cpu, mobo with hpet, ahci sata controller, acpi2, a recent nvidia graphics card, sata hdd, sata dvd, etc...

and always remember: GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND :-)

good luck everyone!!!

osxfr33k
09-28-2009, 07:14 AM
Thanks all of the PCI and PCI-e devices showed up perfectly with Netaks new 10.3 EFI except the linksys PCI Airport?

I ran his ioreg script and it printed pci0 so I put that -pci0 flag in the string under the kernle flag keys and that did not help.

I might still have trial and error the DSDT no biggie.

Did you get your Wireless PCI card to show up in the profiler?

djnitehawk
09-28-2009, 09:24 AM
nah i dont use pc efi... my comp doesnt wake up from sleep if i use pc efi... so i stick to chameleon2 rc3...

so i have no pci devices listed in sys prof :-)

OzSpeedway
09-28-2009, 03:46 PM
djnitehawk

I would like to thank you for this brillant script, it is the ONLY thing that has has managed to install Snow Leopard on an ASUS P5K vanilla system. I tried every option in the book and was just about to trash this board in favor of a Gigabyte board when I thought I would give it a try. On my second attempt, I have a working system.

Some pointers for other trying to get this script to work....

When firing it up, I suggest doing so from a terminal rather then a gui. Doing so allows you to use "sudo" thereby preventing any permission errors during it's processing. Thats what I did second time around and it worked brilliantly.

In my case the only negative is that I have to put 2 kexts in S/L/E instead of E/E - my network and VoodooHDA. VoodooHDA got my sound working (ALC883) although nothing is showing on the system profiler. At this stage I am happy, sleep doesn't work (won't wake up) but I am not concerned. WIll test for a few days to see what happens but at this stage the machine is running fine on 10.6.1.

For those that are interested, I am running a plain P5K MBd, E8400, 4Gb 800 ram and an nVidia 8600GT 512Mb with dual 500Gb SATA drives. My bios is from a P5KR, version 0703.

Cheers
Bruce

doonkeykong
10-02-2009, 06:50 AM
Hey djnitehawk,
It is I again :-) , with the laptop compaq presario. Well, believe it or not I have Snow working propperly on this lappie. Yes! believe it brother it is true! Only problem is that the machine is getting rather hot and the fan keeps spiking every 30 seconds or so. This is not good.

Can you advise of a kext or program that will fix this matter?
I have tried a few different voodoopower.kexts to no avail. They worked with Kalyway 5.4 but not with the new build. It would be greatly appreciated my friend if you could point me in the right direction.

Thank you

deity
10-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Great idea for a script, I'm really interested in using it but I have one problem so far. In tip #2 you suggest to find a guide for the motherboard in question, and the problem is I've been searching google high and low, also all the hackintosh sites i know to find a guide for my motherboard but oddly (since it's one of the boards that used to be recommended for hackintosh puropses) Noone seems to be using it? or at least not writing guides for it.

Hardware: Gigabyte P31-DS3L
Graphics: Asus 9800GT

Pretty much I'm stuck on finding the proper files for my board, and the other boards I've seen guides for either have a slightly different chipset or southbridge, and from my understanding this would likely make the files useless for me?

If you can help me get started that would be awesome.

famulusmercury
10-26-2009, 08:05 AM
I'm guessing that's because of a vid/kext issue?

MB: Asus P5E-VM HDMI (vid not used)
VID: 7800 GTX 512
Proc: Intel 9550

Did the GraphicsEnabler=No and worked like a charm! I guess I need to read the whole thread next time. Thanks for your good work!

SalG
11-01-2009, 10:56 AM
What is this?

This is a script which lets you do quick and easy Snow Leopard installs by automating the pre-install preparation process.

What exactly does the script do?

It takes care of the following:

Installs Chameleon 2 RC3 boot loader
Creates a patched dsdt.aml file for your specific motherboard
Installs the required kexts + boot plist

Why use this?

Fully automated - you only need to tell it where to install
No more typing commands in terminal
No more editing plist files

No need for EFI strings for nVidia graphics cards. Chameleon 2 RC3 detects them automatically.
No need for disk UUID strings. Again, Chameleon takes care of it.

Can install to any disk/partition, even to raid helper partitions
Can be used from within Leopard 10.5 or Snow Leopard 10.6
Can be used straight from the retail Snow Leo Installer DVD (follow guide below).
Not specific to a certain motherboard make/model.
Helps doing a basic pure vanilla installation quickly.
Can easily customize for your needs.

Can easily add any additional kexts for your system
The source code is editable

Warning:

This is not meant for complete noobs. It will not magically give you a working Snow Leopard install. The upcoming iKaros distro is recommended for that.

How do I use this?

This script could be used in a few different ways but here's the easiest way that i could come up with to get a working Snow Leo installation quickly.

Brief guide (for experienced/intermediate hackintoshers):

Restore the retail "Snow Leopard Install DVD" to a read/write disk partition (hdd or usb flash drive).
Download and extract the attached zip file to your desktop.
Add any additional kexts your system needs to the following location: (see tip #2 below)

"desktop/snow-installer/filez/Extra/Extensions/"

Run the script from your "desktop/snow-installer/installnow" by double-clicking on it or via the terminal.
Go through the on-screen prompts. Select the above restored install dvd partition as the target.

For ex: "/Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD" so that the installer dvd partition becomes bootable.

Copy the folder "desktop/snow-installer" to the above restored location.

For ex: "/Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD/"

Restart the computer and boot into the above install dvd disk/partition.
After the retail installer loads, go to the menu and click "Utilities" > "Terminal" and type the following to launch the script again:

"/snow-installer/installnow"

Go through the prompts again and select your ultimate Snow Leo destination disk/partition.

For ex: "/Volumes/MySnowLeo"

Close the terminal and continue with the retail snow leopard installer and select the same location you chose in step 9 as the target for installing.

"/Volumes/MySnowLeo"

That's it in 10 easy steps!!!

Is this guaranteed to work?

Hell no!!! No guarantees...
Use at your own risk...

This is just a tool that i made to make my life easier when doing new OSX installations for myself and friends. Just wanted to give something back to the community.

I apologize in advance if i don't answer your questions in a timely manner. Im sure all the other knowledgeable members here will step in and help...

Last but not least... My heartfelt gratitude goes out to the following people:

-The Chameleon Team (for a kick ass boot loader)
-Netkas (for fakesmc)
-Fassl (for the dsdt patcher)
-Voodoo Team (for voodoohda and voodoops2)
-Psystar (for openhaltrestart)
-iAtkos Team (for giving me my first fully working hackintosh)
-Everyone else that's made OSX86 a reality.

LONG LIVE THE HACKINTOSH SCENE!!!

Note for non-nVidia graphics card users:

If your graphics card is not nVidia, chameleon's auto graphics detection will not work. Before doing anything, please edit the file "desktop/snow-installer/filez/Extra/com.apple.boot.plist" and change the "Yes" to "No" where it says:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Then you will have to take whatever measure necessary to add the proper graphics card support by using EFI strings, injectors/enablers, custom kexts, etc. Just search the web/forums for help with that...

Tip 1:

Before running this script, please go through your bios setup and make sure that the following(or similar) are enabled if available. these settings help in trouble[free/less] booting.

hpet(high precision event timer), sata ahci, intel xd(execute disable bit), intel vt (virtualization technology), acpi 2, s3 sleep state, intel speedstep

even if they are not available, just give it a whirl and see what happens.

Tip 2:

The kexts that are included in this package are only the real basic ones that are required to get a basic vanilla system running on any modern desktop assuming it has sata hdd's with ahci support + multi core intel processor + intel chipset on southbridge etc...

You may have to add any additional kexts your system might need for ex: sound + network + ide hdd support etc. if they are not detected by the stock kexts that come with snow leo...

The best way to figure out what additional kexts are needed, is to look at a guide specifically written for you motherboard or computer model and see which kexts are missing and simply add them in step 3 of the above guide.

Tip 3:

Some kexts such as network card drivers, sound drivers (voodoohda) do not work from "/Extra/Extensions" if that's the case for you, simply move them to "/System/Library/Extensions" once you get your basic snow leo up and running.

Tip 4:

After messing with the "/System/Library/Extensions" always issue the following commands in the terminal so that there wont be any errors regarding permissions and outdated boot caches:

Tip 5:

This script generates and places a dsdt.aml file on the target disk which will only work with the computer you ran it on.

If you want to try booting that disk on a different computer, you can temporarily disable the loading of the patched dsdt.aml by interrupting chameleon at boot time by pressing any key and typing in the following:

"DSDT=nothing.aml" without quotes.

Tip 6:

The patched dsdt.aml currently does not include the "cmos reset fix" which is required if your bios/cmos gets corrupted/reset everytime you reboot. So if your mobo suffers from this problem, you will have to edit your dsdt manually. Guide's can be found on the net on how to do that...

Im currently trying to learn the C language so i can update Fassl's dsdt patcher code with the cmos reset fix. If any of you C pros out there would like to help, that would be great!!!

Revision History:

v1.0:

Initial release

v1.1

fixed issues encountered when running from within leopard 10.5
solved bash external command dependencies when running from the retail dvd installer
increased error checking for trouble[free/less] operation
enabled manual volume mounting/unmounting in case of error
updated the guide for better and trouble[free/less] install experience

Request from the pros:

If you think any of the info on this post is incorrect or could be improved, please do let me know...

And you guys are welcome to edit the script and make improvements to it. Just send me a copy so i can post it up here...

Hi,
I've installed with your guide SL from retail-DVD on my NB Asus G71v plus few kextes. Your guide is excellent, my NB works almost as a dream. However sysinfo (also ioreg in both Leo and SL) shows it as MacPro2.1 (maybe your install script also?). My only problem at this point is: the blower from CPU or/and motherboard goes permanently. What can I do?

My config:
ASUS G71V
Core 2 Quad QX9300
NVidia 9700M GT 512MB
Optiarc BD ROM BC-5500S
4GB 1066 DDR3
2x500GB SATA HD Hitachi HTS545050KTA300
D-Link 643 WLAN Expresscard

TwitchyRoss
11-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Hey I've got the same problem here, can I please attach my DSDT.dsl file for recompiling here?

djnitehawk
12-03-2009, 04:38 PM
hi guys,

sorry for being absent from this forum as i've been bogged down with work...

things are slowing down now and i was wondering if people still find this script useful and if it was worth spending some time to update the package with the latest bits.

let me know if you would like me to update this pkg so that it will work properly with snow leo 10.6.2...

i personally havent updated to 10.6.2 yet but will do soon...

if enough people would like to see this script updated, will do that too :-)

framesx2x
12-04-2009, 01:49 AM
welcome back dude

would you be working on a new script for 10.6.2 update....:D

vipercat..

flowrider
12-04-2009, 09:52 AM
I'd be interested if you could include a driver for a Realtek 8169 chipset. I'm having real problems with getting it configured.

djnitehawk
12-05-2009, 05:45 AM
I'd be interested if you could include a driver for a Realtek 8169 chipset. I'm having real problems with getting it configured.

this should work for ya http://www.kexts.com/view/117-realtekr1000sl.kext_32-64k_____new_update_!!.html

foster
12-10-2009, 05:20 AM
This works great on the Gigabyte G31M-ESL motherboard with Intel e5300

one question can I enable 64 bit kernel without any issues?

djnitehawk
12-10-2009, 09:38 AM
This works great on the Gigabyte G31M-ESL motherboard with Intel e5300

one question can I enable 64 bit kernel without any issues?

should work... my wifi didnt work in 64bit cos apple didnt ship a 64 version of the airport kext back in 10.6.

foster
12-13-2009, 03:08 AM
I did have to use Voodoo HDA kext to enable sound and to save me some grief with network bought a Netgear GA311

I really wish to use the onboard Gigabit Ethernet and not have to use voodoo HDA.

But everytime I try AppleHDA I get a KP from kextd i cant tell what is the offending kext
I remove The VooDoo one when I use AppleHDA.

I found a snow leaopard ALC883 Kext on The Project OS X forum.

mihirx
01-05-2010, 06:54 AM
gr8 thx dj-nitehawk for your hard-work!!

i would like to install Autodesk Smoke for mac and for that minimum sys req is Snow Leopard 10.6.2, hence it would be great if you can update your script for 10.6.2

btw, right now i hav iPC Leopard 10.5.6 running

also, hope snowleopard_10a432_userdvd can be used to install SL by ur method, with my current dual-boot staying intact (i.e. WinXP and iPC 10.5.6), coz will need WinXP as well.

and can i install SL 10.6 (10a432) from ur guide and then software update to 10.6.2??

-anyway, gr8 thx!! gr8 job!! ;)

EDIT:
my specs if reqd;
C2D E6750 2.66ghz
DG33FB mobo
Palit GTS250 512mb
250GB+1TB SATA HDD

barrsurf
01-06-2010, 07:26 AM
I've tried a couple of installation methods, Lifehacker's and sk1nhd33t's. I've restored a retail dmg to a Sandisk 8gb thumb drive, partitioned in GUID. I am trying to install on a 60gb IDE HDD in an external USB case. I have a 500 gb SATA drive for data, but not installed yet. I only get a blinking cursor at boot-up.
pertinent (I believe) BIOS settings
1st boot device: USB Sandisk
SATA: AHCI
HPET: Enabled
AM I missing a USB BOOT enabled? Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

*SOLVED*
I had a bad USB Thumb drive.

Now I can make it through setup, but am unable to log in. It doesn't recognize Username, Password. I re-setup with no password, but still no luck. It is an external drive, so I can go to a SL machine if anyone knows how to get past log in.

Thanks

MSI X58M
i7 920
4gb DDR3
BFG GTS250

Aqeel
06-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Hey, dj nitehawk

I have used your method to install Snow Leopard on PC. I am now having two problems

1 CD/DVD drive is not working
2 ALC 888 sound card not working.

Here are my specs:
Mainboard: Intel DG33FB
Processor: Core2Quad Q6600
RAM: 2 GB
Audio: ALC888
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8800GS

tukangreka
06-10-2010, 04:27 AM
hi guys,

I used the snow installer provided here with a snow leopard iso restored on my pendrive. then I copied the extra folder from here, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=210118ot made the booter into the ASUS-K50IN/K40IN-BootCD v2. (http://depositfiles.com/files/vy66mha54)

managed to get to the boot screen and pressed enter to get the installation started. It started reading then this happend.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb60/warprat/mac%20os%20x/IMG_2358.jpgWhat could have caused this ? Im using a Asus K40IN.
thanks...

jhernandez
08-01-2010, 10:50 AM
I've the same result using an ASUS K50IN, using 10.6.3 version
Almost the same screen from tukangreka, final message: System uptime in nanoseconds: some large number
I've already tried:
-boot with "ForceHPET=Yes"
-nullcpupowermanagement ktext
-there is no option for enabling the HPET via the bios

There is a lot of people in this forum with a successful asus k50IN hackintosh, some say this is the ideal laptop for osx...
Someone can help me?