PDA

View Full Version : Installing iATKOS V7 in a VM image

Johnny09
09-20-2009, 08:30 PM
I'm attempting to run OSX 10.5 in a VM Ware image (all running under WinXP) but am not having much luck. I found this posting:

http://pcwizcomputer.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=76&Itemid=48

...which has a preconfigured VM image, but it is 10.5.4 (or 10.5.2 I forget) and I need a newer version of the OS (I have an aplication which requires 10.5.6) and when I use the Apple system updater to update to the latest (10.5.8), after installing the system is no longer able to boot.

I next attempted to install via iATKOS V7, however I'm not able to get very far. I've tried creating several new VM images, each one has a 8 GB variable sized drive, 1 GB of memory, single processor, and I've tried the following four combinations:

FreeBSD, IDE drive
FreeBSD, SCSI drive
FreeBSD 64-bit, IDE drive
FreeBSD 64-bit, SCSI drive

..but when ever I install I always get the same results: the VM image starts booting up. I'm asked if I want to boot using the CD-ROM. If I reply yes the gray Apple screen comes up for a moment then reboots. If I don't specify to boot from the CD-ROM I get a messages saying "System config file '/com.apple.Boot.Slist' not found"

I've searched a bit on this message board but haven't been able to get it to work. I found a posting here that suggests specifying -x -f -v but that didn't change anything (same results and no new information was revealed)

I've found other posts here from others expressing the same issue but haven't been able to get it to work.

What steps (and VM settings) should I take to install iATKOS V7 in VM?

Johnny09
09-24-2009, 08:28 PM
Any suggestions/tips? I still haven't been able to install.

Thanks,

John