PDA

View Full Version : OS X Leopard - AMD Problem

Rawry
09-23-2009, 04:27 AM
See, here's the thing... i'm kinda new at this and I would appreciate some help... because my cousin has been helping me but not all the time... I love Mac OS X and I would like to install it in my desktop... I've tried with the iPC 10.5.6 and I'm currently downloading iDeneb 10.5.5 ... the problem is that I still don't know well what drivers should I install... If you could tell me or at least recommend me a version in particular I would really appreciate it.

This are my specs:

AMD Athlon64 x2 4000+
1GB RAM
Motherboard MSI MS-7309 K9N6SGM-V
Nvidia GeForce 6100 nForce 405
Audio: Realtek HD Audio

Thank you.

sparksthesquid
09-26-2009, 02:02 PM
I have the same set up and iatkos v4a installed with no problem the sound and graphics had to be worked on but the core system was not hard. If you do the basic (just choose kernel, remove thermal kext, and laptop battery) it will boot up the voodooHDA is what I used for sound and I had a few keyboard problems sometimes it worked other times it did not so the ps/2 keyboard with trackpad fixed that. The geforce 6100 I had big problems with but that may have been because it is a goforce go card so you may have to play with that I did get it to update to 10.5.5 today I am going to try the new kernel but if you want to get a working OS X I would give iatkos v4a AMD only a shot
good luck :)