"System up in nano seconds : 0 "

Please Help

Cheer

lotus260
09-29-2009, 10:29 AM
Following steps should do the job:

1. Google "How to install Snow Leopard on a PC"
2. Follow one of those guides.
3. Google again and again for all errors.

I already installed in several hardware using that method (G35, G41, etc) and all of them worked.

One more thing, following saved me from lot of trouble though.

SATA0 = HDD
SATA1 = DVD

figgy
09-29-2009, 01:14 PM
managed to install on this board using the boot disk from blackosx thread on osx86 forum ,i have since went back to windows on the machine due to big issues with all usb ports dropping out except the mouse usb....i tried various fixes but none of them worked for me and i really need usb for the work i do

This board also suffers the "USB EHCI unable to get control from bios problem on 10.5"

ps u dont need the dsdt with this board in order to boot 10.6,it runs really well apart from the usb problem

abhishek376
09-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the reply . Lotus 260 . Can you please tell me what do u mean "this method "

"I already installed in several hardware using that method (G35, G41, etc) and all of them worked."

Can u please name that method or if possible a link .

Thanks figgy ,

It would be great if you can give me a link or something .

I already installed the SL on my DELL XPS 1530 except the restart/shutdown everything else works .

I tried a lot and couldnt succeed for this board.

If possible Please detail the steps or a link ..

Thanks
Abhishek

figgy
09-29-2009, 06:58 PM
grab bootdisk from herehttp://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mq4y4jmgmyj

burn it onto cd

set your hdds to legacy inside bios else you get a panic

pop it in drive follow the instructions given

install snow

reboot using cd and install included files leaving out his p45 dsdt

"You will need a patched AppleIntelPIIXATA.kex if u want to set your drives back to native in bios for id else itll kp"

chrisfromiowa
07-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Hello All,
I have the DG41RQ an am able to get OS 10.6 running with most of the components using a combination of kext's and a GeForce 9800 gt pci x video card. I'm having a hard time getting "About this Mac" to recognize the second core in my Intel 775 core 2 duo 2.93. I used myhack from the Empire EFI boot disk and every time I try to fix the core thing I junk my setup and have to reinstall SL and the my hack thing. The link for the boot disk listed here is not named and now set to private. Can anyone post the name of the disk, I see that some of the people listed in this thread asking questions now have running DG41's. Any help would be appreciated. Regards CFI

willymx70
07-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Hello, I manage to install 10.6.3 w/myHack installer, but sound not working (ALC662). Anyone have sound with this mobo in 10.6.3 or.10.6.4 ? Tell me if you need help on how to install SL.

Thank you.

MWTB-DLTR.

chrisfromiowa
07-06-2010, 05:37 PM
DG41rq, I've just got this working pretty well with a pcix video card. I'm running 10.6.4 using the tonymac multibeast. I used a acl662.kext and one of the voodoo hda's. I found them both on insanelymac.com I think. (It was very late) If you use the multibeast make sure to select the realtec networking instead of intel networking. I still cant get my core 2 duo recognized properly. It thinks it is a core 2 solo. I wish I could get the mobo to make the mac sound on boot. I keep looking at the different intel mobo utilities. Maybe after I get a time machine disk. Good luck CFI

chrisfromiowa
07-07-2010, 03:05 AM
Hello All,
I came home from work and flashed the board bios to v 7. I was looking for other settings I could tweak to get full functionality. It wouldnt even recognize the mac sata drive. I updated the bios to v 14 and wow. I've now got the core 2 duo I paid for. Still not 100% but better. Latest problem is the USB works and is recognized in system profiler, keyboards and mice, usb hubs work but Itunes wont recognize Ipod touches plugged in. It see's my older 8 gig ipod classic but not my wifes gen 1 touch or my daughters gen 3 touch. Any ideas? Regards Chris

chrisfromiowa
10-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Hello All,
I am losing it. My fully working (except for wake from sleep) 10.6.4 hack using a dg41rq with a geforce 9800gt stopped booting. I was using bios #14 and everything was great for 3 or 4 months. Then 3 days ago it stopped booting, it wont boot from the HD and it wont boot from a dvd or cd, I took the bios back to #7 and now I can get it to boot using a legacy settings that only has 2 sata slots and it says my disk is damaged so I'm using time machine to restore the hard drive by changing backup hd to a usb connection (it says its going to take 60 hours to restore the drive. If I've damaged the motherboard somehow wont I get beeps at startup or something? By using the time machine restore I've gone down a path I cant turn back from. If there is a problem with the components how can I figure this out? I've tried to boot from PC disks and that wont work either. Help please C